Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-02-01, 10:28   Link #4381
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Even with Accel, he didn't get some unending stream of humiliation, he simply lost a fight, met someone and went on a different path.
I never said she needs unending stream of humiliation?I explicitly said that I don't want her to be a buttmonkey for 100 chapters,I just want her to get some empathy with the people she harmed.This is why I said she needs to be humiliated,feel like an underdog for a good five to ten chapters,during which realize her faults and become a better person?

Quote:
See above. No one said anything about changing after a minor defeat. It needs to meaningful, that's all.
The problem is that she's a stuck up bitch.Her changing would be difficult unless it was a massive defeat.I can see her internalizing her defeat as a BS result if it didn't shake her badly.Just look at how she puts down Soma even after she got a foodgasm from his food.If she accepted the result,all she will do once she got defeated would be limited to recognizing Soma,not change her bitchy behaviour.She will continue to abuse her authority while trying to get close to Soma.

Quote:
Let the punishment fit the crime. Have you ever heard that before?
I'm glad we reached some understanding that she needs to be punished somehow,but I think you are mistaking what I've said.I never said she needs to be disproportionately punished,but if other people were to do the same things she did on her,the result would be quite satisfying and nasty.

Quote:
The kid who get expelled because he used scented shampoo says hello.
Shinomiya's a b#stard.I think that matter has been addressed after the match with Megumi.He realized he was a b#stard to the students and felt really ashamed of his behaviour afterwards.Not sure what happened to the kid who got expelled though.As for punishment,I'm not sure what kind of punishment anyone could have given him,since he's above all authority.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 10:34   Link #4382
Kartaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
By the way,I swear I've never made the second quotation,don't attribute quotations in my name if I haven't wrote them.Regardless,I agree with what's written in the second quotation.As for what Gin and Soma's father did,I'm not sure where that is from,I will have to check it out myself.
Yeah, sorry, my mistake. Its from chapter 41.
Kartaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 10:38   Link #4383
Darkbacon
The Masked Panties

I'm just ready to see how the next arc is going to start and if our 9th seat will start to focus purely on destroying Soma.
Old 2015-02-01, 10:41   Link #4384
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartaen View Post
Yeah, sorry, my mistake. Its from chapter 41.
Well,I think the shokugekis they undertook were entirely voluntary.It's possible they were complete b%stards considering what the dad did to Jun,but it's quite clear they were no longer so nowadays.
Old 2015-02-01, 10:48   Link #4385
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
I never said she needs unending stream of humiliation?I explicitly said that I don't want her to be a buttmonkey for 100 chapters,I just want her to get some empathy with the people she harmed.This is why I said she needs to be humiliated,feel like an underdog for a good five to ten chapters,during which realize her faults and become a better person?
Funnily enough, Accel managed to recognize his faults without getting humiliated. That's the point, humiliating her is unnecessary.

Quote:
The problem is that she's a stuck up bitch.Her changing would be difficult unless it was a massive defeat.I can see her internalizing her defeat as a BS result if it didn't shake her badly.Just look at how she puts down Soma even after she got a foodgasm from his food.If she accepted the result,all she will do once she got defeated would be limited to recognizing Soma,not change her bitchy behaviour.She will continue to abuse her authority while trying to get close to Soma.
You think that way because you see her as a one dimensional character. Once the author reveals more behind her character, he can create a scenario that would allow her to change and yet still feel organic.

Quote:
I'm glad we reached some understanding that she needs to be punished somehow,but I think you are mistaking what I've said.I never said she needs to be disproportionately punished,but if other people were to do the same things she did on her,the result would be quite satisfying and nasty.
What I meant when I said that is Erina hasn't committed any sins bad enough to require punishment, at least of the sort you want to inflict on her.

Quote:
[Shinomiya's a b#stard.I think that matter has been addressed after the match with Megumi.He felt really ashamed of his behaviour afterwards.Not sure what happened to the kid who got expelled though.
The point is, Shinomiya expelled that kid for basically nothing, and he did it in front of everyone, and no one said a word, because Tootsuki is that kind of school.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 10:51   Link #4386
Darkbacon
The Masked Panties

Quote:
Well,I think the shokugekis they undertook were entirely voluntary.It's possible they were complete b%stards considering what the dad did to Jun,but it's quite clear they were no longer so nowadays.
I think the problem isn't just with what Jouchirou did with Jun since Soma does the same thing when they try to make foods that shouldn't go together they need an outside party source to try it and supposedly it's a family thing to make bad new dishes. It would be interesting though if Soma started getting back some of the land that the Polar Star Dorm lost through Shokugeki with Naked-senpai telling Soma who he has to fight to get the land back and just have Soma fight them so he can work on improving his cooking since we all know Soma is a sore loser.
Old 2015-02-01, 10:55   Link #4387
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Funnily enough, Accel managed to recognize his faults without getting humiliated. That's the point, humiliating her is unnecessary.
The accelerator did go through some sh#t to make him fully realize what kind of person he is and how he's going to change.

Quote:
You think that way because you see her as a one dimensional character. Once the author reveals more behind her character, he can create a scenario that would allow her to change and yet still feel organic.
We will see.

Quote:
What I meant when I said that is Erina hasn't committed any sins bad enough to require punishment, at least of the sort you want to inflict on her.
If what she has done wasn't bad,then I assume it would be alright for others to return the favour?

Quote:
The point is, Shinomiya expelled that kid for basically nothing, and he did it in front of everyone, and no one said a word, because Tootsuki is that kind of school.
Shinomiya also expelled Megumi for nothing,yet he rescinded the decision after he realized it wasn't actually fair at all.Most of the alumnis realized it wasn't fair too.It had less to do with how Tootsuki is run and more to do with how much of a d#ck Shinomiya was.His judgements were insane even by the standards of Tootsuki.If this wasn't the case,there's no way the other alumnis would think that his actions aren't fair.
Old 2015-02-01, 11:13   Link #4388
Starway

Quote:
She's working for herself.She won't work properly for any other person other than herself.She's getting paid you know?There's also the fact that we don't know if she is doing all of those jobs properly.It wouldn't surprise me if she goes and BS the reputation of a restaurant just because of personal dislikes rather than due to inferior cooking.

By the way,I swear I've never made the second quotation,don't attribute quotations in my name if I haven't wrote them.Regardless,I agree with what's written in the second quotation.As for what Gin and Soma's father did,I'm not sure where that is from,I will have to check it out myself.
The second quotation mine.
Old 2015-02-01, 11:19   Link #4389
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Really, just went to sleep for some hours and 4 pages of discussion happens?? Well, that my luck. There are a lot of things that I dont think are correct or just plain BS, but im too lazy to post them.
Old 2015-02-01, 11:24   Link #4390
Nuvi

Any guesses what could be the next arc be about??
Nuvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 11:26   Link #4391
Darkbacon
The Masked Panties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvi View Post
The 9th seat trying to destroy Soma personally!!!
Old 2015-02-01, 11:41   Link #4392
InfiniteDestiny

I might have missed this, but did only the winner of the Election stand to enter the Elite Ten? I recall Alice mentioning that the successors will come out of those who did well in the Election, but I don't recall if it was just the winner, or the top performers in general. I'd imagine it was the former though since Erina despite her skill is "only" the 10th seat.

On that note I do hope the next arc develops Erina better, since at this point I seriously can't find anything affable about her character. No...much less affable she isn't even really interesting, all she ever does is look down on people (and get proven wrong time and again by Souma) and we are suppose to assume it is because of some family trauma, which seems like a weaker excuse with each passing chapter since she isn't the only one with a harsh family.
InfiniteDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 12:27   Link #4393
Fwarlord

Quote:
A Shokugeki between Megumi and Erina.
Old 2015-02-01, 12:41   Link #4394
tshamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
A Shokugeki between Megumi and Erina.
hahaha, can't imagine that at all, if against Erina assistant, then that might happen, though I can't guess who will win.
BTW, since Nakumi still respects Erina, do you think she will try to return to her side?
Also, can someone tell me what did Soma's father thought after talking with his son on the phone?
tshamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 13:16   Link #4395
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
The accelerator did go through some sh#t to make him fully realize what kind of person he is and how he's going to change.
Accel did go through some stuff, but it wasn't one sided humiliation, which was my point.

Quote:
We will see.
I guess we will

Quote:
If what she has done wasn't bad,then I assume it would be alright for others to return the favour?
Of course it would, Tootsuki is exactly that kind of school.

Quote:
Shinomiya also expelled Megumi for nothing,yet he rescinded the decision after he realized it wasn't actually fair at all.Most of the alumnis realized it wasn't fair too.It had less to do with how Tootsuki is run and more to do with how much of a d#ck Shinomiya was.His judgements were insane even by the standards of Tootsuki.If this wasn't the case,there's no way the other alumnis would think that his actions aren't fair.
I don't know why you're bringing up Megumi, I was talking about the dude with scented shampoo. Did you think what happened to him was fair?

Quote:
Here's a little prediction :Alice and/or Kurokiba are going to move into the Polar Star.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 13:20   Link #4396
Kartaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshamo View Post
Also, can someone tell me what did Soma's father thought after talking with his son on the phone?
About how meetings are the only way a cook can move forward.
About how facing the dish alone will only reflect your unchanging self(hinted about Erina since she has no competitors on equal footing with her). Also it's pretty clear that she was envy while looking at trio in this chapter.
Kartaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 13:50   Link #4397
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
She's working for herself.She won't work properly for any other person other than herself.She's getting paid you know?There's also the fact that we don't know if she is doing all of those jobs properly.It wouldn't surprise me if she goes and BS the reputation of a restaurant just because of personal dislikes rather than due to inferior cooking.
Like, seriously??, and ojou sama needing money???, lol. And thats your personal approach, u have seen her acting serious and giving proper advices(or critics) to Soma, but u can only identify her for those couple(2 and 3) of chapters?? thats really shallow; even in her introduction its said that she is one of the greatest authorities in the culinary area, so I dont see how she acting bitchy in those tasks would help her deserve that title.
Old 2015-02-01, 13:54   Link #4398
Iron21

I don't check this thread for a few days and I come back to almost 15 pages.

Reading them all gave me headache and I still can't comprehend what the hell some of you guys are going on about.

Put down the keyboard guys, you're drunk.

Anyway, looking forward to the next arc, hopefully it isn't too long like the last.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 13:54   Link #4399
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiDomo View Post
Because souma action of serving a rice dish that is known to be served with seasoning can be made by literally anyone that has an understanding of cooking rice and mixing edible seasoning. Which is alot of people.

Its not even discrimination at that point, its along the lines of losing whatever respect they had for someone and calling it out.

Its not even discrimination on why she failed him either, it was plainly trigger by soima himself for being a dick to her which caused her to fail him. If he kept his mouth shut after she ate his food, she wouldve passed him and moved on.

But guess fken what. He antagonized her, he poked fun of her, he galluded her. He messed with her pride and she wasnt the first one to fire any shots either.

That is not discrimination.

What she displayed is poor professionalism.
You are implying that she ever had any of the so-called "respect" toward any of the examinees. If Souma had not provoced her, she would not even examine his dish. That was the impression I got from the way she behaved and nothing in the recent chapters changed my mind about how I interpret that scene back then. I mean you have it backwards:

You say she would have examined him, but she didn't pass him due to his behaviour.

I say she would NOT examine him, but did so after he appealed on her pride. But she would never let him pass due to her preconceptions against him for being of "lower class" and the fact that she from the very beginning planned not to let any "outsiders" pass.

I have no idea where your interpretation comes from. Do you have any evidence to back up your claims?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
I don't check this thread for a few days and I come back to almost 15 pages.

Reading them all gave me headache and I still can't comprehend what the hell some of you guys are going on about.

Put down the keyboard guys, you're drunk.

Anyway, looking forward to the next arc, hopefully it isn't too long like the last.
Long story short, we were talking about how it's (almost) impossible now for Erina to become the main heroine, because she was side-lined for so long and developed as a major antagonist.

Then we went into what conditions MUST be cleared for her to make a non-OOC heel-face turn... which resulted in "heated discussions" about what counts as "antagonist material" and what does not.
Old 2015-02-01, 14:43   Link #4400
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
You are implying that she ever had any of the so-called "respect" toward any of the examinees. If Souma had not provoced her, she would not even examine his dish. That was the impression I got from the way she behaved and nothing in the recent chapters changed my mind about how I interpret that scene back then. I mean you have it backwards:

You say she would have examined him, but she didn't pass him due to his behaviour.

I say she would NOT examine him, but did so after he appealed on her pride. But she would never let him pass due to her preconceptions against him for being of "lower class" and the fact that she from the very beginning planned not to let any "outsiders" pass.

I have no idea where your interpretation comes from. Do you have any evidence to back up your claims?

Long story short, we were talking about how it's (almost) impossible now for Erina to become the main heroine, because she was side-lined for so long and developed as a major antagonist.

Then we went into what conditions MUST be cleared for her to make a non-OOC heel-face turn... which resulted in "heated discussions" about what counts as "antagonist material" and what does not.
I keep asking people, where do they get the idea of not allowing him to pass to begin with? I keep reading chapter 1 to 4. She lets him take the exam. She watches him cook, then out of curiosity askes him what he is making. He pokes fun of her and tells her its a "rice dish with seasoning".

Literally anyone would lost interest in that if no context was given beforehand.

But guess what he keeps her attention when he tells her it transforms.

But guess what when hes done he pulls the dam same stunt. Shows her the rice dish and its unimpressive and when she about to decline, he shows her the transformation to appeal to her.

Literally telling her information without context then giving context. Twice. Fken twice.

I get its to surprise the reader but it doesn't work with actual examiners for cooking. U gotta fken show 100% of ur work infront of them when u appeal to them. First impressions is very important for food and alot of other things.

She then accepts to taste the food out of curiousity but saying only 1 bite due to the stunt souma pulled twice. Not because she wasn't willing to but because the stupid the lack of context he gave her.

After she eats, it reacts with her quite nicely, she wants more. But souma teases her about her claim on a second bite+. As pity as that is, souma already won over that bet and now hes gloating.

After she had her fill and understanding of it, souma sits down and talks smack about her never being able to cook such food.

That is an insult to her pride as a chef and person.

Chapter 4. She now refuses to accept his existences due to his cocky ass personality.

Find out he was accepted and hears his speech about using all other students as stepping stones when he has no name or experience outside of his tiny restaurant.

He clearly challenged and insulted the entire school body which erina was dissatisfied with and called him out telling him he wont beat her class. While rejecting his existence.

Nowhere from chapter 1 to 4. Did she clearly state she had no intentions of letting him pass from the beginning.

Souma was at fault for trying to troll her during his examinations.

He would have passed if he kept his mouth shut after she was going for the second bite.

Read chapter 1 to 4 again with out your tinted glasses and tell me where u read she wasnt intending to let him pass from the get go.

This is why i like nobunaga no chef. Ken from that story knows how to impress people and their taste buds without being a cocky little troll.

Respect yeah she had a tiny bit of respect for souma because he didn't run away like all the other students. That respect went out the window when he revealed what dish he was cooking without context.

Last edited by DemiDomo; 2015-02-01 at 14:57.
DemiDomo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking, echii, food porn, foodgasm, licensed, school, shounen