Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-09-19, 16:56   Link #1641
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
another note in the end adlet failed at be "the strongest man in the world", in the end the ones which find out who was the seventh where chamo and hans, even him was fooled in the end.

then how they can expectate he solve the new "seventh" if him failed here.
You're making no sense at all, are you saying you expect he should have automatically knew it was her and have no help at all? That sounds ridiculous
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-19, 17:02   Link #1642
RDNexus

And... As expected, people surprised, people disappointed, people satisfied... And people pissed.
Well, I'm about to watch the episode (already knew long ago who the "1st" 7th was) but I can already say the I've enjoyed this RARE faithful adaption, despite the Quality from time to time, and I'd like to see more of this adaption pace in many stories (not all, I think some of them don't deserve it).
Overall, this was a nice experience and let us wait to see if there's gonna be further adaptions of this story.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-19, 17:02   Link #1643
Somnus
Eh?

Ba ha ha ha ha ha! Turns out the only time the psycho bunny wasn't lying was when she was...well, psycho. That was an extremely satisfying revelation......

....which was absolutely ruined by re-using the exact same problem moments later. Seriously. That was extremely dumb. And no, I don't care how it fits into the story later. They could come up with ANY other reason for her to tag along. Not the exact same bloody issue.
Old 2015-09-19, 17:04   Link #1644
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
You're making no sense at all, are you saying you expect he should have automatically knew it was her and have no help at all? That sounds ridiculous
He could have. What convinced him was that the Seventh needed him to arrive at the temple alone, not the specifics of the activation. (Though I'm personally not inclined to be hard on him for that.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-19, 17:14   Link #1645
Wandering Soul

Quote:
another note in the end adlet failed at be "the strongest man in the world", in the end the ones which find out who was the seventh where chamo and hans, even him was fooled in the end.

then how they can expectate he solve the new "seventh" if him failed here.
Except Hans and Chamo would have never bothered looking in the first place if Adelt didn't convince them he wasn't the seventh and that the activation method was a fake.
Old 2015-09-19, 17:26   Link #1646
Blueknight78

Quote:
hm??? how ridiculus since when the dectetive in the series can't solve the case "alone" by alone i means even with help he can find by himself the culprit based on the evidences, hans and chamot bring the last clue to help him solve is one thing but both of then being the ones th find which one was the true seventh showed which basically he was playing with "luck" near the end and his detective skills where not so good as they where supposed at last this is the most common pattern.

and really that new "seventh appear out of nowere, was a big ass pull.

if was for adlet alone the bitch mocha could be already dead(well she also was asking for it) in the end the ones which solve the case where hans and chamot not adlet.
Old 2015-09-19, 17:31   Link #1647
ChampDream
Alive

Well that was a nice ending episode in my opinion, well not surprise at all that Nashetanya is the seventh, now poor Goldov. I find funny how after finding out who is the seventh we get another one, that new girl remind me of a cow. Fremy was too cute this episode.
Old 2015-09-19, 17:33   Link #1648
HandofFate

what the..
I was like nooo this is what's happening! When another 7th member showed up to replace the departed Nasyatanta. Not sure I like this if this is the pattern, just keep adding another and another...making it like everyone is a 7th.

Knew bunny was suspicious.

dere Flemis is pretty cute.
Old 2015-09-19, 17:35   Link #1649
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
1)If Adlet were "half assing" he would be death. Same goes if he tried go into offensive. Adlet could survive ONLY because he gave his all not to fight, but run away.

2)Hans never underestimated Adlet. Reason why he didn't fought at max was because he was wary of his opponent tricks. Which is also only reason why could Adlet final move work on him.
And here I will have to agree to disagree.

As I said Adlet lacked killing intent and was imho thus not fighting at 100%.
In contrast to that all of his oppononents actually wanted to kill him and even teamed up to o so.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-19, 17:36   Link #1650
RDNexus

Quote:
hm??? how ridiculus since when the dectetive in the series can't solve the case "alone" by alone i means even with help he can find by himself the culprit based on the evidences, hans and chamot bring the last clue to help him solve is one thing but both of then being the ones th find which one was the true seventh showed which basically he was playing with "luck" near the end and his detective skills where not so good as they where supposed at last this is the most common pattern.

if was for adlet alone the bitch mocha could be already dead(well she also was asking for it) in the end the ones which solve the case where hans and chamot not adlet.
Honestly, to me, that's your bias towards the faithfulness of the adaption, which I'm glad went this way as I haven't read the LNs so far nor am I sure when I may touch them.
As far as I know, none of those characters are true detectives, they simply played it up because their lives depended on it and time was ticking towards the Revival of the Majin.
As you can see, the setup is for the story to keep playing the "Suspect Everyone" so as to give the audience the drama for the continuation of the story.
As I've said in other ocasions... Gotta deal with it.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-19, 17:40   Link #1651
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
This was honestly a great adaption. The pace didn't bother me like it, the music was good ( especially Fremy's ending) and Aoi Yuuki did a fantastic job as Fremy. Only real complaint I have is the QUALITY issues.

Some people already predicted the seventh was Nashetania so the reveal wasn't a surprise to them, but her goal and motivation may have been.

Finallly the scene that I know many novel readers were looking forward to. It may have been amusing to us but no doubt it annoyed quite a number of anime only watchers.

Fremy was just too cute this entire episode.
Agreed on all points. I'm actually kind of peeved on the behalf of anime-only viewers. Both in terms of how they chose to end it and the production quality. I want people to love this series as much as I do. But the team that worked on this show didn't make the best case for it. If I possessed zero knowledge of the novels, I still would've stuck with Rokka until the end because I really enjoy series with sort of pacing (provided it's executed well). But the final episode just would've pissed me off way too much.

I'm not confident we'll see a 2nd season of this, but oh, do I desperately wish for one.
Old 2015-09-19, 17:41   Link #1652
mergele

We got a serious "Best series summer 15" contender.

So it was Nachtanya and I just crossed her off the list last episode. Yeah I think she was the best option.

And now there is another 7th (or would it be the 8th?) I am going insane. Anyone else wondering if the king may be on the demon kings side to pressure the braves into moving before they could sort out the fake?
mergele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-19, 17:41   Link #1653
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:

It's hard to make out what you're saying, but anyways

You're completely ignoring everything leading up to that point with. just because this is a mystery series does not make Adlet an experienced detective or anything of the sort, that's obvious.
Adlet was impressive because with his charisma, thinking, guts and luck, he was able to survive without getting himself killed by the others and exposing the 7th's plan.

You're completely taking out the context of everything you're trying to criticize.
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-19, 17:59   Link #1654
MCAL

Eh, when Rolonia appeared the quality of the episode kind of went downhill.

8/10 though.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-19, 18:00   Link #1655
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Agreed on all points. I'm actually kind of peeved on the behalf of anime-only viewers. Both in terms of how they chose to end it and the production quality. I want people to love this series as much as I do. But the team that worked on this show didn't make the best case for it. If I possessed zero knowledge of the novels, I still would've stuck with Rokka until the end because I really enjoy series with sort of pacing (provided it's executed well). But the final episode just would've pissed me off way too much.

I'm not confident we'll see a 2nd season of this, but oh, do I desperately wish for one.
I really enjoyed the series, but basically, it had a huge, "Congratulations, your party has just left Midgar!" feeling to it. Like a lot of JRPGs, we get a lot of cutscenes featuring your PC with one or two other characters, learn the major conflict, be introduced to the players and motivations, get the obligatory scene where one of the apparent characters gets killed off/otherwise removed (see, eg. Nei in Phantasy Star II, Alys in Phantasy Star IV, Gwyn in Lunar: Eternal Blue, etc., etc.). It felt like the intro is over and the real game starts now. (And basically it was 4-1/2 hours long in viewing time, so that's pretty normal for a JRPG intro.)

That said, Roronia's character design is awful. At best, cow-girl is parodying bunny-girl that she replaced. Not that there hasn't been a certain absurdity in the designs thus far (Hans and his catboy routine, Chamot and her cattail, Nachetanya, Flamie's flower, etc.), but, wow...I'm very glad that she came in at the end.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-19, 18:05   Link #1656
Blueknight78

Quote:
It's hard to make out what you're saying, but anyways

You're completely ignoring everything leading up to that point with. just because this is a mystery series does not make Adlet an experienced detective or anything of the sort, that's obvious.
Adlet was impressive because with his charisma, thinking, guts and luck, he was able to survive without getting himself killed by the others and exposing the 7th's plan.

You're completely taking out the context of everything you're trying to criticize.
not really this is how i like to read mystery books or watch mystery shows, things which are about "lucky" c'mon 'im not a little kid" for that, and that is my opnion, a mystery "based all that much on "lucky" us not really my cup tea.
i'm not taking nothing that was what i get from that series if don't match with your "vision sorry" each one have your own opnion and just because you don't like mine i not gonna change it.

the plot was about find survive and find who is the seventh and he was all the serie talking about how he is awesome, and he is the "strongest man in the world" for in the end being all about lucky and even him could almost fail if not was the magic of "plot" which make the guys even find the instructions of how to active and deactive and what is more fun is which "they did" exactly what was write in the manaul in the right order as was write without they know too convenient no???? too perfect for the bunny girl, they did exactly was needed without her need ask then to do.
Old 2015-09-19, 18:40   Link #1657
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

@thundrakkon

Sorry, I don't know how I missed reading your reply last week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
LOL You usually can't help yourself with spoilers, huh?
Yeah...though I usually try to be careful not to let anyone know, at least, not if I'm actively commenting on a series as it is airing. The last time I did that, I managed to fool even some of the other LN readers into thinking I was anime-only...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Yes, having Goldov as the 7th is a little uninspiring, but he would fit your description. He is mostly remaining under the radar, which pushes suspicion away from him. There is a list of reasons why he probably is the 7th. One of which is that he was away for some time, which can coincide with him working with the fiends at the time. He was also adamantly searching for Flamie as a Brave Hunter, even though she had stopped trying to kill anyone for 6 months already. There are a whole list of other things, too, that I have already listed.

Also, Harbinger pointed out a specific example from one of my lists of comments concerning the potential 7th's action in regards to killing a Brave in front of the others:

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

With everyone gathered together, the thought of killing a Brave is not a good idea for the 7th, since it could potentially reveal him. Hence, Goldov did not kill Adlet even when Nache and Maura insisted on it, since the 7th's goal has changed at that point.

Another thing that is weird about the episode is Adlet emphasizing on looking at Goldov's armor plating arms and legs. I'm not exactly sure what relevance that has though or if the armor is not armor but is some type of organic metal instead.
I did see Harbinger's post last week -- a bit moot now that most of the reasoning I used has been revealed in this week's episode, but here's why Nash was still my no.1 suspect despite that...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-19, 18:56   Link #1658
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Ha! I was right! I was right all along! Ever since Nashetanyia tried to kill Adlet in the forest by the lake in the first 2 or 3 eps, I suspected it was her...and everyone rallied against me then saying I was reading too much into her "playful attack". I knew her action wasn't normal when I first saw it! Then her behaviour became more evident with choosing to sacrifice the "girl" in the village even though she was a hero, and then pretending to have a panic attack so she can break the tablet....it was all there!

Edit: What? Another 7th? So this means that Nashetanyia may not be the real 7th but a copycat? And someone should put Goldov out of his stupid misery. =_=

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2015-09-19 at 19:25.
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-19, 19:18   Link #1659
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 12 [END]

Nicely done! Definitely one of better adaptations in recent memory even with it's production issues. I did not expect them to add parts of the first chapter of Vol 2 instead of using Rolonia's appearance as the cliffhanger, but I'm fine with that. Rolonia's VA also sounded pretty good.

As LN reader I'm pretty satisfied with the anime.

Overall: Needs a sequel/10. (Please? ;_; )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I was hoping moreso for others rather than myself that they would go slightly anime-original and have Nashetania explain the ENTIRE story behind her actions
There are quite few problems with that though, one being that it requires the introduction of a major character who isn't mentioned until vol 2 and doesn't become relevant until vol 3. And Nashetania isn't kid of person to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
....which was absolutely ruined by re-using the exact same problem moments later. Seriously. That was extremely dumb. And no, I don't care how it fits into the story later. They could come up with ANY other reason for her to tag along. Not the exact same bloody issue.
On contrary, this where you're wrong.
1) Doesn't change what happened (Nashetania being the mastermind behind everything that happened up to this point) and actual expands the conflict by inducing a third party who has designs on Demon God and motivations of their own. It sets the tone that this won't suddenly turn into your standard Hero's Journey just after the cast leaves the barrier, but something more complex.

2) The 7th is integral character story and the plot does not work without him/her. This also shows that this person is not aligned with Nashetania. It actually implies that she might hijacked someone's else plan and you are given hint to that in the last half of the episode. Furthermore only humans bearing crest can enter the Howling Demon Territory, so Rolonia can't just tag along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
what the..
I was like nooo this is what's happening! When another 7th member showed up to replace the departed Nasyatanta. Not sure I like this if this is the pattern, just keep adding another and another...making it like everyone is a 7th.

Knew bunny was suspicious.

dere Flemis is pretty cute.
You won't have to worry about that. Yamagata never does the same thing twice.

That all I can say without spoilers.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-19, 19:34   Link #1660
BPD Renegade

Rolonia's appearance was a lot funnier in the novel than the adaptation for some reason...

I liked the series, but I do have my reservations about the adaptation that I can finally talk about now that Nashe's been revealed. I didn't read the LN until around halfway or a little over halfway through the adaptation, so my fingerpointing at her was mostly due to how she was portrayed in the anime rather than any solid evidence. In retrospect, sometimes it seemed like the anime was giving subtle hints to the fact that she was the seventh, from the title of her ED song (Dance in the Fake), to how outlandish some of her actions were. While reading the LN, things she did, like tearing apart the altar didn't seem as suspicious and really did seem like the actions of an overly stressed character who wasn't used to such situations; however, I think in this respect the anime failed in giving her a more natural, credible portrayal which resulted in her behavior seeming inconsistent and thus suspicious (to me anyway).

I'll probably give this around a 7/10. Without the inconsistency and the at times poor animation quality, it might have been an 8/10.

I wonder if this will get a sequel. Episode 12 hints to it, but outside of AS, I've been seeing a lot of complaints and dissatisfied watchers. I guess dungeon crawlers weren't pleased with the genre swap. Anyone know how it's doing in Japan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakun4 View Post
I can't help but feel disappointed that they decided to just add the first scene(s) of the 2nd volume to cover for those extra minutes instead of doing something different... Whyyyy couldn't they just end it where the 1st volume of the novel actually ends!? The "Our adventure starts now!!" is never a good idea unless you have no choice and since that wasn't the case here, I can't help but feel annoyed by the decision. But eh, as I expressed above, It's hardly surprising that they went for the easy way :/

Spoiler for and to those wondering, the 1st volume of the novel ends with...:
I half agree with you but only half. I liked that they added some content from volume 2, but I think it would have been even better if they had cut to the ED at the end of volume one to give us time to soak in the "WTF" feeling, and then after, showed cut scenes from the volume 2 prologue: delicious evilness that guarantees a sequel. >=D.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy