Send a message via AIM to Domo-Chan
Well i'll try anyway thanks
Domo-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 23:17   Link #222
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fome View Post
Signs of mutual romantic interest are usually obvious. If you don't sense that she probably likes you too, it's likely that she just wants to be friends. I'm not saying that people are straightforward, I'm just saying that, when one person notices the other liking him/her, they either reciprocate or try to back off.

In, in my honest opinion, friendships are just so much nicer. I usually don't get into a relationship unless there is very strong mutual interest.
I'm getting the idea that she does have at least a bit of interest in me. She took a couple of pictures with just me and her in it, and last time we saw each other, she said her goodbye with a really suddden hug.(which, to me, seemed kinda unusual) She even stayed with me for quite a while just to talk at a picnic while I was volunteering with a carnival game, when she could've gone and talked to someone else. Maybe I'm just really dense.

Anyway, I'm not friends with her just so I could get a girlfriend, in case you're wondering. I enjoy the time we spend together as friends.

Last edited by Darkman.exe213; 2007-11-27 at 23:29.
Darkman.exe213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 23:31   Link #223
Fome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman.exe213 View Post
I'm getting the idea that she does have at least a bit of interest in me. She took a couple of pictures with just me and her in it, and last time we saw each other, she said her goodbye with a really suddden hug.(which, to me, seemed kinda unusual) She even stayed with me for quite a while just to talk at a picnic while I was volunteering with a carnival game, when she could've gone and talked to someone else. Maybe I'm just really dense.
From my experience, actions like that don't reveal a great deal, but of course, everyone is different. What is more reliable to me is that gushy feeling whenever you guys are together, like there is just chemistry. You both start feeling vibes from each other but you aren't willing to make the leap yet, so you get this odd kind of give-and-take sensation. Then you move a little closer to test the waters, and she doesn't back away, and she starts doing it too, and then you both start talking funny because you are getting butterflies, etc...

But you should know her better than I do. I'm pretty laid back, so maybe my advice isn't the best.

Ok, here's the plan. Find an opportunity to go out somewhere. It can be anywhere: restaurant, park, ice cream shop, (although I prefer not going to movies). The only thing is, it's got to be completely natural when you ask, like you just suddenly feel hungry or have a craving. And when you go there, make sure it's not going into "date" territory. As in, if she's about to pay, let her. And just chill out and have a nice time. This will be a good time to see how she feels about you. If you don't feel those "romance" vibes after a few times out, it's probably not going to happen, because she appears to view you as a friend.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 00:48   Link #224
NightShade
Above and Beyond Fan

Send a message via MSN to NightShade
And we never got the pics!
NightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 01:13   Link #225
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShade View Post
And we never got the pics!

Spoiler for Us! D::

Anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fome View Post
From my experience, actions like that don't reveal a great deal, but of course, everyone is different. What is more reliable to me is that gushy feeling whenever you guys are together, like there is just chemistry. You both start feeling vibes from each other but you aren't willing to make the leap yet, so you get this odd kind of give-and-take sensation. Then you move a little closer to test the waters, and she doesn't back away, and she starts doing it too, and then you both start talking funny because you are getting butterflies, etc...
I don't know about her, but I actually started getting vibes last time we saw each other. We started talking about random stupid stuff.(like her spending five minutes telling me to get her candy XD) Not sure if that really counts as vibes, but I thought I felt something for a while there. I don't think asking her out for lunch or something would work for a while, though. Like I said, I haven't talked to her in about 8 weeks now. Thanks for all the advice so far, guys.

Any further suggestions? Thanx a bunch!
Old 2007-11-28, 04:11   Link #226
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman.exe213 View Post

Spoiler for Us! D::

Anyway...

I don't know about her, but I actually started getting vibes last time we saw each other. We started talking about random stupid stuff.(like her spending five minutes telling me to get her candy XD) Not sure if that really counts as vibes, but I thought I felt something for a while there. I don't think asking her out for lunch or something would work for a while, though. Like I said, I haven't talked to her in about 8 weeks now. Thanks for all the advice so far, guys.

Any further suggestions? Thanx a bunch!
hehe Talking about candy is always a good sign ^^ and i like Fomes idea you should try casualy asking her out someplace even if it is just for a walk and spend some quality time with her. Talk about things you are both interested in. I say if you havent talked to her in a while ring her and just catch up with her a bit. Dont make it sound like you desperatley wanna see her just do it friend to friend, but thats just how i would do it u do what u think is best. PS you look so kawaii together ^^

Quote:
Ombrenuit posted, and with excellent advice! I remember seeing you around the forums before, nice to see you back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
To be frank and upfront about it. "Truth will be found in those who want to believe it to be Truth" From the sound of it...It looks want she wanted it to be the truth hence then a reason to break up guilt free.
Maybe, maybe not. I think all of us here have been guilty of acting incorrectly based on believing false information, even though at the time we thought that we were doing what was right. If this girl honestly believed that Sakura_Kinomoto was, say, some raving sex fiend who wanted to turn her into a sex slave and didn't care for anything else, then her actions seem somewhat more justifiable. I'm not even discussing what she wanted to believe. Some people are rather good at manipulating others, and we don't know what Beau was telling her, or what anyone else may have been telling her. Before passing a judgement on her, I'd rather know what she was really thinking. If she wanted to create a breakup and seem like she was not the one to blame (or worse yet, she was the victim) then I believe we'd all be in agreement and say that she did something pretty trashy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Kinomoto
I honestly cant say why she left me other than the reasons she gave which were That i was moving to fast in our relationship...I guess it did kinda hold her hand and hug her within a 2 week period of us first going out. Maybe girls dont like that sorta thing happening so early? but besides that i honestly did not do nething wrong.What she heard was Completly false as i said earlier sex didnt even cross my mind.
If she felt that you were moving too fast, it was her responsibility to tell you. I already ranted about the importance of communcation - this is an example of where it applies.

In this case, there's no real right or wrong. You did nothing wrong by escalating the relationship to being more affectionate. We all have different levels of expression affection - maybe this girl isn't big on them. If so, good to know, because it sounds like you are. You need to pair with someone who wants to be held, who wants to hold hands, and all that. If not, you'll be frustrated. Note that this has nothing to do with sex.

If we want to place blame, place it on her. She chose not to communicate with you about her feelings, and then broke the relationship. A relationship is a very fragile thing, and it can be the source of a lot of happiness. Who was it that let the relationship down? It wasn't you. So think about this one, and if you feel up to it write out your answer here: why did you feel responsible? You're not sure why, but think about it long and hard. You mentioned your acne, the fact that you're skinny, like Star Trek, Stargate, and anime as if it were something shameful - that may be a sign of low self confidence. If so, it could explain why you felt that you should be the one taking blame - you're just in that mindset. I don't think all of us replying to this thread are saying that you did nothing wrong because we're rooting for you as if this were some sporting event. By the information that you presented, you've really done nothing wrong. Further, you sound like a very thoughtful individual who wants to have a relationship made up of substance and feeling. That's very commendable. So have some self respect, realize your worth, and just accept that you likely have a very bright future ahead of you, no matter how it feels now. Move forward with your head held high.

Thank you thats a very admirable speech it really means alot ^^. Im already trying to improve communication with her i was talking with her today ^^ it went well. I guess i am the person who wants to be able to hold a girl show affection on a non sexual level, cradle her in my arms and tell her how much i love her. I wanna thank all you guys especially you Ledgem and Fome you have really boosted my confidence and gave me great advice you should be very proud of yourself, you are great people full of wonderful advice. I truly thank you. Ill keep you updated on how things are going she hasnt replied but im staking alot on that she will ^^ once again thanks ill see you all later
Sakura_Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 19:52   Link #227
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Ok I got a question that got nothing to do with dating. How do you know if a girl wants you to hit on her?
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 22:06   Link #228
Fome

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho bolt View Post
Ok I got a question that got nothing to do with dating. How do you know if a girl wants you to hit on her?
If she hits on you. Otherwise, you don't know.
Old 2007-11-28, 23:32   Link #229
High_Lord_Demonix
King of Nothing

Im in a relationship going on about 1 and 1/2 years We came out toghether and im just trying not to mess it up.........wish us luck

Spoiler for The happy couple:
High_Lord_Demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 00:40   Link #230
ChibiMenos
Gillian-class Chibi

A comment somewhat related to the topic at hand, that is, dating:

There can be a problem with dating people with similar interests and social life. Namely, that there's a good chance neither one has ever really kissed anyone before. Which leads to awkwardness.

*has just experienced this, and is not quite sure what to do*

ChibiMenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 05:18   Link #231
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiMenos View Post
A comment somewhat related to the topic at hand, that is, dating:

There can be a problem with dating people with similar interests and social life. Namely, that there's a good chance neither one has ever really kissed anyone before. Which leads to awkwardness.

*has just experienced this, and is not quite sure what to do*

Hehehe, cute :P Well, how did you feel about the kiss? Did you like it and want more, or was it too weird and you want to stay "friends?" If you liked it, then ask the other person how they felt and if they want to continue on that path. Don't be embarrassed to ask and talk about it, the best relationships are open and honest.

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 06:36   Link #232
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Lord_Demonix View Post
Im in a relationship going on about 1 and 1/2 years We came out toghether and im just trying not to mess it up.........wish us luck
I wish you luck! Guess you're into guys huh ^^' Well I envy you.
It's like 1 year and 2 months now that I can't stop thinking about that guy and I still don't know if he's into boys or girls *sigh* just starting to be friends. Guess I'll figure it out sooner or later... but damn .. this is tough
At least I'm so grateful I see him every day ^^
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 09:56   Link #233
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

I really like how our relationship is going, although.... (read the spoiler)

Spoiler for likes privacy:
Aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 20:22   Link #234
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

Of course its good that she's being more open-minded. Sounds like your relationship is going great, could quite possibly be for life.
Old 2007-11-29, 21:21   Link #235
High_Lord_Demonix
King of Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post

Thats nothing but a good thing.......mabye she is even the one

I LOVE YOU TOBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
High_Lord_Demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 00:42   Link #236
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

Well i got her reply back that is from jamie and i must say it wasnt what i expected....one of my closet friends told me she went off her head and swore and was going well if he thinks thats gonna change anything well hes wrong and yeah well i decided id stay away from her and not sit near her at school and the rest of the people we hang out with followed and sat with me, she didnt like that at all then she made a point of giving everyone a christmas card but me, i got real annoyed at that. i thought things would work out they didnt im kinda real upset so im not gonna write much more sorry ppl ill post some advice when i feel abit better in the mean time im just gonna watch some sad anime and play a midsummers day Resosnance and Narcissu again...thanks for trying guys ill still keep u updated in case of a chnage who know maybe at senior college i might meet a girl ^^
Sakura_Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 00:46   Link #237
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Kinomoto View Post
hehe Talking about candy is always a good sign ^^ and i like Fomes idea you should try casualy asking her out someplace even if it is just for a walk and spend some quality time with her. Talk about things you are both interested in. I say if you havent talked to her in a while ring her and just catch up with her a bit. Dont make it sound like you desperatley wanna see her just do it friend to friend, but thats just how i would do it u do what u think is best. PS you look so kawaii together ^^
Thanks! The weird part is, though, we don't have ANY common interests, as far as I know. She's not an anime fan, and I don't like rap.(her favorite music genre) I don't know how we do it, but we always have something to talk about when we see each other. ^^;; Ah well. I've been swamped with homework lately, so I haven't been able to contact her at all. Luckily, tomorrow is Friday.
Old 2007-11-30, 03:17   Link #238
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post

What's your point of concern, the fact that she's grown to become more open-minded? I think most of us know this, but we're all constantly changing and growing throughout life. The changes are most dramatic in the teenage years and then slow as you get older, but you're constantly changing. If the two of you can grow together, it shows high compatibility and committment, and that bodes well for a long-lasting relationship. I'm in a relationship similar to yours, only I'm one year ahead of you. As long as you're both committed to each other and can talk about problems when they do arise (as infrequent as they may be, and as small as they may be), you're set.

My only fear is what happens if we would be separated physically for a very long period of time. If our experiences are very different, and if we're not "synchronizing" with each other as often (sharing experiences and thoughts - can be done via phone, but it's not as easy as when you're just walkiing together, for example), would we potentially grow apart? It depends on the individuals, and it's a very real possibility.
Old 2007-11-30, 17:10   Link #239
Fome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Kinomoto View Post
Well i got her reply back that is from jamie and i must say it wasnt what i expected....one of my closet friends told me she went off her head and swore and was going well if he thinks thats gonna change anything well hes wrong and yeah well i decided id stay away from her and not sit near her at school and the rest of the people we hang out with followed and sat with me, she didnt like that at all then she made a point of giving everyone a christmas card but me, i got real annoyed at that. i thought things would work out they didnt im kinda real upset so im not gonna write much more sorry ppl ill post some advice when i feel abit better in the mean time im just gonna watch some sad anime and play a midsummers day Resosnance and Narcissu again...thanks for trying guys ill still keep u updated in case of a chnage who know maybe at senior college i might meet a girl ^^
What a bitch. Reminds me of my first ex. She was sooo sweet when we were friends, she would invite a bunch of us over and pour us tea and we'd just watch anime and converse the night away. She grew to hate me the year after we dated, saying that I had a "skewed view of reality." Then I found out she was bipolar and stopped taking her meds. And like you, my first reaction was, "OMG I better apologize." Nope, now I know that's a step in the wrong direction.

I suggest trying to find hobbies aside from anime. You need to give people the impression that you aren't dependent, but just acting confident isn't enough. One needs to change his outlook, really try to find other things to occupy his life. There was this one other girl I used to like, but she totally despised me because she thought I was a stalker. So I got over it, starting playing guitar, got in a band, and played varsity sports, pretty much never seeing her again. After about 2 years, she actually started talking to me, which I thought was kind of odd, and by that time I didn't really care. The point is, you need to pry yourself from things that are going to drown you in romantic desperation. That means, stop watching so much sappy anime. Honestly, it's not good for people like us.
Old 2007-12-03, 13:04   Link #240
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Send a message via MSN to EternalNite
Don u wish to date like how they do in anime/dating-sim...How romantic...Well i don hav a date due to my laziness to find one
EternalNite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom