AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-10-18, 23:09   Link #1401
Skane
Anime Snark

Beat the crazy out of her?

Sounds legit.

Old 2012-10-18, 23:09   Link #1402
Marina2

Am I the only who think that Nibutani Shinka will have the worst "chuunibyou" of all characters???

I'm thinking that everything we know about her right now are just a mask.
Old 2012-10-18, 23:10   Link #1403
Midonin
Last Engage

One of her VA's previous roles was KMB's Yasuna, so she can play crazy. It just depends on if this series gives her a chance to use that crazy.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 23:10   Link #1404
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
^I understand why he does so – he said it himself that he wishes he could hit himself when he
was doing the same back then. So in a way, he’s treating her the same way he believes he should have been treated, IMO.
He probably sees what he does as a kindness. So she wont have to feel the way he did when he found out what the only person who talked to him really thought about him. I'm kinda getting the feeling that the girl was being tsundere and it'll come out later but that may not happen as well.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 23:13   Link #1405
garbage

ep3. late but well

and I was like, it's no bullet but ... WOW SHE's GONNA CATCH THAT? and then LOL
nibutani looks so cute watching rikka feed yuuta, so she likes togashi?

but sempai's nice too
and dekomori's ..ugokimasen :P
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 23:18   Link #1406
Insane
Banned

What if, say, Nibutani was really a former Chuunibyou and she is interested in Dark Flame Master side of Yuuta? Just like Evil Eye Truth side of Rikka whom also took interest in him?
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 23:38   Link #1407
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
By former, you mean Kumin-senpai is a former Chuu-2 as well? I somehow think that Kumin’-senpai's past Chuunibyou status has neither been denied nor confirmed, although she is definitely a quirky enough type of gal to fit in.
I'm referring to Nibutani as the former (IF)

Kumin is the middle.

Quote:
^I understand why he does so – he said it himself that he wishes he could hit himself when he
was doing the same back then. So in a way, he’s treating her the same way he believes he should have been treated, IMO.
It's VERY tiring to be around people who are on a different frequency than you; I never met a Chunni-byou, but I would imagine it's something like playing with a very imaginative child and that I have plenty of experience with.

Some people can get along with children while others can't- I mean, I can take care of them, but I'm not going to entertain them- And I certainly wouldn't hesitate to chop them in the head when they're being idiots... Nothing that would leave a mark of course
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 23:48   Link #1408
Philos
Official Siscon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigantz22 View Post
Great episode, but there are two things I really don't want to happen.

1. Yuuta joining the club because of Shinka, rather than joining it due to Rikka asking him to.

2. Shinka having feelings for Yuuta (I would hate if this happens, since it would likely interfere with the development of the main relationship).

I also want the story to begin focusing more on Yuuta and Rikka's relationship, since it's quite clear that's the direction it will eventually take, and I don't want those developments to feel rushed.
1. I'm afraid it will be like that. Because it seems Yuuta doesn't have any feeling for Rikka now why he have to join the club with a girl who made him feel flustered. But Shinka is very attractive girl for him. He will join the club immediately when he know Shinka want to join it too.

2. I'm sure Shinka doesn't have any feeling for Yuuta. I bet it will turn out that she secretly has Chuunibyou syndrome too.
Old 2012-10-18, 23:49   Link #1409
Anime Online

Quote:
What if, say, Nibutani was really a former Chuunibyou and she is interested in Dark Flame Master side of Yuuta? Just like Evil Eye Truth side of Rikka whom also took interest in him?

The question that arise is: do chunibyou-afflicted people tend to be drawn to each other? The Sanae-Rikka partnership suggests this might be the case.

On the other hand, in Lite episode 2, one might say Rikka sought out her normal middle-school classmate Tomo-chan to relate stories of her battles with the Dark Denizens. Would Rikka have preferred to tell such stories to Sanae instead? Does Rikka simply want to tell stories, want people to believe those stories, or play along with her?

So far, the anime hasn't really provided much information. It just rolls right along with the premise of "chunibyou-afflicted people have delusions" and we have a bunch of chunibyou-connected students partying together. It introduces chunibyou, but doesn't explore how chunibyou comes about, or what feeds their delusions, etc.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 23:52   Link #1410
Midonin
Last Engage

I don't think that necessarily needs an explanation. There's a part of every person that loves escapism, and sometimes crazy people express it with their imaginations in different ways. Some turn to cosplay, some treat their daily life like it's their favorite TV show, and others concoct elaborate stories right out of a visual novel. They're crazy, sure, but I think they know exactly what they're doing. And they are loving it.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 23:57   Link #1411
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philos View Post
1. I'm afraid it will be like that. Because it seems Yuuta doesn't have any feeling for Rikka now why he have to join the club with a girl who made him feel flustered. But Shinka is very attractive girl for him. He will join the club immediately when he know Shinka want to join it too.
There's another way to look at it; if Shinka joins, at least he'll now have one more normal person to talk to so he wouldn't pop a blood vein. Bonus points if she's a former like him.

Kumin is a half-half on normalcy.
Old 2012-10-18, 23:58   Link #1412
Elestia

I'm kind of curious how Rikka's older sister, Touka, would look like at her job being a chef and all.
Old 2012-10-19, 00:20   Link #1413
whitecloud

What kind of chef is she...acrobatic and all...military chef?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 00:23   Link #1414
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

She wields a ladle right? So... Soup Chef ?
Old 2012-10-19, 00:25   Link #1415
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've made a characters/seiyuus page for this show: pics of the characters and their seiyuus, with info about the seiyuus.

And they are an interesting bunch. KyoAni always seems to pull in lesser-known seiyuus who do a good job. Such as Uesaka Sumire, who plays Sanae; she was Sora in Listen to Me, Girls, and studies Russian in the foreign languages dept. at Sophia University.

Teacher Nana-chan is played by the eternally seventeen Inoue Kikuko (Belldandy in Ah Megami-sama). And Fukuhara Kaori (Tsukasa in Lucky Star), returns for anther KyoAni role as Kuzuha.

I should have remembered that Rikka's seiyuu Uchida Maaya played Rea in Sankarea. She has something going for her.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-10-19 at 00:49.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 00:37   Link #1416
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
What kind of chef is she...acrobatic and all...military chef?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
She wields a ladle right? So... Soup Chef ?
*Smiles evilly*

Who knows? She might have been trained by a certain Goddess, for all we know.....
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-19, 01:00   Link #1417
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I've made a characters/seiyuus page for this show: pics of the characters and their seiyuus, with info about the seiyuus.
Quote:
age 17. b64.09.25
- Ranma1/2 (Kasumi)
- Belldandy (Oh My Goddess)
- Panther (Saber Marionette J)
- Mizuho (Please Teacher)
- Grace O'Connor (Macross F)
I laughed.
Old 2012-10-19, 01:09   Link #1418
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Oh nice, Shinka's seiyuu did Yasuna too? She was a riot in Kill Me baby. Episode 3 also made me go to the Shinka side.
Old 2012-10-19, 01:10   Link #1419
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Too bad they didn't show how Rikka and Yumeha cooked nikujaga in the 4th Lite episode.
Old 2012-10-19, 01:33   Link #1420
RJ TAYLER

I count Kikkio Inouie as a bit 'chunni' IRL myself. As for Shinka she seems to be a bit of, and mind my pap-Freudian here, to be the 'super-ego' of the three main girls so far. She's 'the goal' if you will, readjusted (apparently) to a new life, even a step further on from Yuuta in having had the 'garage sale' of her 'chunni' life already. btw CodeGEASS runs deep in this show, going by some of the credits.

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen