AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2012-12-05, 17:12   Link #61
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post

Well, that aside and all I must admit that the prospect of watching a series where giants eat people is not really my cup of tea and such. :\
You're making a BIG mistake if you're judging this manga by just that. It's a whole lot better than most shounen manga out there. Really well written and thought out. Plus the art is really fresh.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 17:39   Link #62
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

This is a great news, I love the manga as of now. But from what I read I don't see the manga coming to a point where it could lead to ending for the anime. So I am expecting an anime original ending.
Old 2012-12-05, 18:05   Link #63
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I'm interested to see what they do with the art because the manga art is nothing to write home about.
Old 2012-12-05, 18:40   Link #64
OPN

It was pretty obvious this was project attack....but the domain just confirms it. Looking forward too this . BTW this should be fused with the project attack thread.
Old 2012-12-05, 19:16   Link #65
Articalys

And now the scans from Bessatsu Shonen have arrived:

Staff is same as what was listed in the Project Attack teaser, but for completeness:

Director: Tetsuro Araki (Guilty Crown, Death Note)
Series Composition: Yasuko Kobayashi (Casshern Sins, Blassreiter, Claymore)
Character Design: Kyouji Asano (Psycho-Pass)

And the first revealed voice actors:

Eren: Yuki Kaji
Mikasa: Yui Ishikawa
Armin: Marina Inoue
Articalys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 19:20   Link #66
Jetzero Infinity

Yuki Kaiji strikes again eh? Well at least they've been getting him away from the whiny characters he's usually known for. Mikasa's seiyuu is an odd choice...not too many noticeable roles. Guess I'll have to hear her to make an evaluation.

And MBS eh? Looking more and more like it'll be a Nichigou show...
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 19:22   Link #67
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Can we merge the two threads yet? Lol.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 19:47   Link #68
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

So the Giant looks 2d in the scan. Is it safe to say they're gonna be in 2d.. oh please let them be in 2d and please let them do Mikasa justice.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 20:11   Link #69
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
So the Giant looks 2d in the scan. Is it safe to say they're gonna be in 2d.. oh please let them be in 2d and please let them do Mikasa justice.
We will find out for sure in about two days, if there is a trailer at the press conference event. If there isn't a trailer, then maybe we should be worried that they only just started on the project. Lol.
Old 2012-12-05, 20:18   Link #70
Jetzero Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
We will find out for sure in about two days, if there is a trailer at the press conference event. If there isn't a trailer, then maybe we should be worried that they only just started on the project. Lol.
If it really is taking the Nichigou slot in spring, then the odds are pretty good they've been at it for a bit. Guess we'll find out soon.
Old 2012-12-05, 20:44   Link #71
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
If it really is taking the Nichigou slot in spring, then the odds are pretty good they've been at it for a bit. Guess we'll find out soon.
Being a Spring 2013 MBS show means it is either on Nichigo or on the Anime-ism slots (either replacing Vivid Red Operation or Zetsuen no Tempest). But I don't think that means anything with regards to production. Magi is the current Nichigo show, and A-1 Pictures didn't seem to plan too much in advance. There wasn't much animation footage until the week before it aired, and the number of animation directors on the credits each week suggests they're rushing it quite a bit.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Wit Studios only moved into their offices in early October. It's a very new setup, even though the staff are all experienced guys from Production IG Studio 6. Stuff which some of the same people were working on before the studio was established are not credited under Wit Studio (Psycho-Pass and Robotics;Notes for example). They were credited for a recent Robotics;Notes episode though, so that was definitely after they moved into the new offices.

I think it's likely the most if not all of the pre-production for this series would have been done at IG, but now that Wit Studio has completed their studio move, they're going to be producing the actual animation there. So at most they would have started actual production on the show a month ago.
Old 2012-12-05, 22:53   Link #72
desrtsku
Nympholept

wuah! BONES has been mentioned quite a lot in this thread, it's been years since I saw that sort of thing happening, I'm quite glad
But come on guys, let's be optimistic, my CGI giants can't be that bad who knows if they'll actually get a godlike budget and stick with some amazing 2d giants.

But anyway, I loled so hard when I read Kaji's name xDDD ... kinda unfitting, I don't want to look at Aren and Yokodera with the same eyes >_>
Old 2012-12-05, 22:56   Link #73
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

CGI Giant's coming ;____;
Old 2012-12-05, 23:35   Link #74
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
^
Guess that settles it then.

On a somewhat different note. I wonder what the episode count will look like. In the event it does actually end up in the Nichigou slot it has enough material for a 4-cour show if they decided to go that route, and off the top of my head I can't think of a particularly good stopping point that would work if they wanted to go for a second season. I'm probably overthinking it a bit much though
It'll no doubt be 2-cour. Unless you're Gundam or FMA you're not getting more than 25 eps on that slot.
Old 2012-12-06, 05:41   Link #75
Kouvley

The eventual adaptation of this was never in doubt given how well the manga is doing, my only worry was that they would make it too soon.......and this is possibly too soon.......but we'll have to see.
Kouvley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 07:43   Link #76
com_gwp

Surprisingly pleasant news after I discovered the manga only a few nights before.

Yuki Kaji as Ellen/Eren? Interesting choice, but oddly fitting. Ellen's disposition for the theatrics suits Kaji's own pretty well.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 15:50   Link #77
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://www.shingeki.tv/

The official site is up now. The Nico stream has also been updated with more info: http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv117102040

The manga author, the director, various producers, and the voice cast members will be at the press conference event. More cast details will be announced, and the world premiere of the PV will be screened there.
Old 2012-12-06, 16:21   Link #78
Jetzero Infinity

^
Interesting. Well I guess this'll be our chance to see whether nor not that CGI giants fear is valid...
Old 2012-12-06, 23:58   Link #79
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
It'll no doubt be 2-cour. Unless you're Gundam or FMA you're not getting more than 25 eps on that slot.
Well, I didn't want to reply to this previously because I do agree that these days 2-cour shows make more sense (even if you're Gundam actually, look at Gundam 00 for example). But I feel the need to note that I think some people underestimate how popular some new manga like Shingeki no Kyojin and Silver Spoon are. Both sell considerably better than FMA per volume was before it got the first anime for example.

It would be a mistake to think that Shingeki is something like Blue Exorcist or Magi, both of which only got more popular after the anime adaptations raised the profiles of the manga. Right now though, without any anime promotional support, Shingeki already sells close a million copies per volume.
Old 2012-12-07, 00:33   Link #80
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Well, I didn't want to reply to this previously because I do agree that these days 2-cour shows make more sense (even if you're Gundam actually, look at Gundam 00 for example). But I feel the need to note that I think some people underestimate how popular some new manga like Shingeki no Kyojin and Silver Spoon are. Both sell considerably better than FMA per volume was before it got the first anime for example.

It would be a mistake to think that Shingeki is something like Blue Exorcist or Magi, both of which only got more popular after the anime adaptations raised the profiles of the manga. Right now though, without any anime promotional support, Shingeki already sells close a million copies per volume.
True, I know of the sales and wouldn't be surprised at all if this becomes a million+ selling manga if the anime is well received, but even then I'd be really shocked if they gave this 4-cour. That said, I only have that inclination because this is very much unprecedented territory we're dealing with here. Usually when a series sales as well as Kyoujin does they're put on early morning or prime-time slots so they are allowed more than 2-cour. So I suppose if a series outside of Gundam were to get 4-cour on the slot this would indeed be the one.

Tags
action, dystopian, fantasy, post-apocalyptic, shounen, terror, tragedy, violence