AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-07-28, 15:12   Link #1
Soren333

Looking for Slice of Life animes

Can anyone recommend me some slice of life genre animes for me please? I really enjoyed K-On!, Hanasaku Iroha, Tari Tari and Kokora Connect. So does anyone know any animes similar to these? The key features that I'm looking for are slice of life genre, some romance, modern style animations and cool looking characters.

Thanks in advance!
Soren333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 15:26   Link #2
jedinat

Kamichu!
Aria the Animation + sequels (which are actually much better)
Ichigo Mashimaro
Genshiken
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 16:40   Link #3
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Genshiken Nidaime
Tamayura Series
Kimi no Iru Machi
Toradora
5 cm per second.

Since you mentioned Kokoro Connect you can give Hyouka a try .
Old 2013-07-28, 17:24   Link #4
Soren333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megacrash Gr View Post
Genshiken Nidaime
Tamayura Series
Kimi no Iru Machi
Toradora
5 cm per second.

Since you mentioned Kokoro Connect you can give Hyouka a try .
Great suggestions you got there! I think that I'll check out Hyouka, 5 CM Per Second and Kimi no Iru Machi. Thanks!
Soren333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 13:54   Link #5
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Kimi to boku(2 seasons)-if you liked K-on this is similar,instead it is a group of guys
Living for the day after tommorow
Old 2013-07-29, 14:55   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The Hidamari Sketch franchise carries forward the cute-high-school-girls-doing-cute-things mantle from older shows like Azumanga Daioh. Sketch streams legally for free with subtitles at Sentai's animenetwork.com site linked above. It was directed by Shinbo Akiyuki and has the usual distinctive SHAFT designs. Episode 5 which depicts Yuno's fever dreams is especially impressive visually.

If you are interested in a "real" slice-of-life show, I'll suggest Showa Monogatari, a story about a lower-middle-class family living in Tokyo in 1964, the year the Olympics came to Japan. There's a bit of romantic intrigue concerning the teen-aged daughter, but mostly the show portrays the daily life of a Japanese family. Each episode ends with a brief "travelogue" that visits the real-life locales portrayed in the anime and shows how they have changed, if at all, since 1964.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2013-07-29 at 16:27.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 16:01   Link #7
Dawnstorm

A Channel: The mood is sentimental to wacky. The visuals often really add to the atmosphere (watch the opening to episode 10 to see it at the top of its game [works better if you already know the character]).

Yuyushiki: This one stands out because of the subtle character interaction. A lot of it is nonverbal. The voice actors do an exceptionally good job at subtle modulation of the voices and the timing is always spot on. For example, there's a scene where one of the characters embarasses another by saying something nice about her laugh. She then laughs an embarrassed imitation of her laugh. The complimenter then imitates her in playful mockery. Then they both imitate the former character's laugh in perfect synch, and then they really start laughing. It's amazing how the voice actors pull it off.

GJ Bu: GJ = Good Job. It's about a club with no clear goal. The mood is mostly quiet. The characters are likable. The show doesn't really stand out, but if it clicks with you, you'll get a pleasant experience from start to finish. It actually has a finale that summarises the show pretty well (I didn't expect that). The show does stand out in one way: There are harem shows, and there are all-girl shows. This one feels like a hybrid: the girls' relationship amongst each other were in place before they met the guy, and it shows. It's as if we have an all-girl show with the girls keeping a guy as a pet.

Usagi Drop: An idealised and sentimental treatment of surprise single parenthood. Absolutely adorable.

Hourou Musuko: A sensitive show about transgender kids looking for their identity. Unique art style; great soundtrack on top of that. One of my favourite anime, ever.

I'll second: Tamayura (maybe in small doses; you might overdose on sweetness) and Ichigo Marshmallow (extremely funny with touching moments).

You might want to try the currently airing Uchouten Kazoku. It's about tanuki.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 14:58   Link #8
takai
Easy Muffin

Daily Lives of Highschool Boys
Lucky Star
Kiniro Mosaic
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 14:12   Link #9
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Seconding GJ-bu and Kiniro Mosaic, and to come up something from my own, I will recommend watching The Pet Girl of Sakurasou: don't let the somewhat misleading premise fool you, it's pretty much the essence of romance/slice of life pizzazz with a bit of sexual fanservice but it's nothing too offensive visually.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 20:07   Link #10
chaotix37
Rolling Rolling Loli ♬♩

I dunno if you can appreciate GJ Bu or even Usagi Drop....
Old 2013-07-31, 21:12   Link #11
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Toradora and Ano Hana but I dont know if you'd consider Ano Hana slice of life =/
Old 2013-08-02, 07:13   Link #12
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

hmmm..

little busters
tamako market
yuyushiki
hyouka
Chuunibyou

Tags
slice of life