Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-30, 14:35   Link #1
cheese4u
da big boss

Prince of Tennis

I'm thinking of watching the prince of tennis. I don't know what its about, but It always seems to makes it in the top ten on alot of anime/manga lists, but no one explains why they like it. So I guess my question is, what exactly is the prince of Tennis about? Because if its just about some kid playing tennis I'm not really interested, no offense to the fans.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2007-07-30, 15:34   Link #2
TEC

well i watched it about half and yeah

its a kid playing tennis all the time

there is not really some side story or anything so if you are a tennis fan you will like it

exemple: 2 episodes can be abput one tennis match
Old 2007-07-30, 15:42   Link #3
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Girls like it, because it's bishi vs bishi and that all the time. =o

Guys like it, because of the sugoi sugoi factor.

It may sound like I'm bashing it, but I actually like it. Dunno why tbh. It isn't the greatest thing around, but you won't get bored. Chibi eps win btw.

It is not some kid playing tennis. It's a tennis story on crack...On a lot of crack...

Don't watch the movie though. The anime is better then the manga imo till the anime makes up it's own stuff. Just stop watching after the rikkaidai match and switch over to the manga or start watching the OVA's. (I haven't watched them yet so can't tell if it's good.
Old 2007-07-30, 18:49   Link #4
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
I liked it, alot of unrealistic stuff, but it was enjoyable to me
Old 2007-07-30, 20:32   Link #5
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
For me this show is fun to watch... though it's kinda long

just like 2h-dragon said... Boys like it bec. of the sugoi stuff...

Sugoi!!!! specially for 3ple counter (biased for Fuji )
Old 2007-07-31, 11:59   Link #6
miaka

i enjoy watching it because of bishies, chibis, comedy and new rivals/characters in every arc.
Old 2007-08-01, 10:23   Link #7
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

they dont just play tennis, they play tennis wet in the rain!

and they make up special finishing moves that stop the world from turning on it's axis.

its actually a pretty decent show if you like sports anime. if you dont like sports anime stay away.
Old 2007-08-01, 13:24   Link #8
askaus

one of the best sport anime

i watched all the episode and still keeping up with the new ova and i gotta to said the a pretty god damn good anime. If you're those type of person who likes the main male character showing off cool amazing moves every time he shows up and always end up suprising his opponent then definitely this is the anime to watch. Also if after watching this you are still craving for more of this type of anime try "major" a baseball anime which is almost like prince of tennis, the main male character being the cool guy.
Old 2007-08-01, 13:26   Link #9
askaus

Thumbs up one of the best sport anime

i watched all the episode and still keeping up with the new ova and i gotta to said that it's a pretty god damn good anime. If you're those type of person who likes the main male character showing off cool amazing moves every time he shows up and always end up suprising his opponent then definitely this is the anime to watch. Also if after watching this you are still craving for more of this type of anime try "major" a baseball anime which is almost like prince of tennis, the main male character being the cool guy with special ability.
Old 2007-08-01, 17:32   Link #10
MagicMango

Definitely not the greatest anime around, but you could do a lot worse as well.

Though it tends to become a tad repetitive and way beyond unrealistic (most of those guys are only 14 and they look like college students with special tennis moves that bend the laws of physics), it makes up for it with self-parody chibi episodes and overall enjoyability.
Old 2007-08-01, 20:17   Link #11
nikooru-chan
~Lunar Midnight~

yeah..it's about kids playing tennis
but i found it really addictive =]
i really liked it
Old 2007-08-02, 03:45   Link #12
acidflower

Prince of Tennis is good for the first hundred episodes. It has good looking guys and fun tennis stuff. But after a while, it'll get boring and the writers will introduce these new crazy techniques. I know you're supposed to suspend disbelief in anime, but these "moves" are just too much of a stretch in my mind.
Old 2011-01-17, 23:15   Link #13
iloveryoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
I'm thinking of watching the prince of tennis. I don't know what its about, but It always seems to makes it in the top ten on alot of anime/manga lists, but no one explains why they like it. So I guess my question is, what exactly is the prince of Tennis about? Because if its just about some kid playing tennis I'm not really interested, no offense to the fans.
Well its basicly about tennis hence the name in the first ep it introduces Ryoma Echizen he's a cocky "brat" he's actually a very talented tennis prodigy he appears to not care about anything else but tennis and a couple cute quirks which are his cat, Kuropin and Ponta (fanta soda in english) although its mostly about tennis there is more added intensity to the game and the characters give it humor or suspence the main settings are playing tennis but there are certain episodes where they take a little break from the courts and go into funny things at first i was skeptical whether to watch this but when i did i was absorbed into the characters and the plot the main character i think is Ryoma but there are other characters that are called 'The Seigaku regulars' which all have diffrent talented tennis players as well Ryoma specifically came to Seishun which is the school that the Seigaku tennis team is to hone more skills he plays tennis to beat someone but if you wanna know who you'll have to find out... there are two seasons the first season is just the title: Prince of Tennis and the second season is: Prince of tennis:national tournament
Old 2011-01-17, 23:19   Link #14
CLL

As a tennis player, you can only dream of making up the moves displayed in the anime.

The anime left me wondering what would happen if I all of a sudden pulled out all these intense trick shots

PoT probably only appeals to tennis players any ways.

EDIT: Whah didn't notice the other dude necroed
Closed Thread