AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-11, 19:37   Link #1
Cirdan
Elven Shipwright

Send a message via ICQ to Cirdan Send a message via AIM to Cirdan
Question Seeking Identification of Anime...

I need the most expert of all Anime watchers for this...I saw some series at a convention, in Baltimore, and I want to say it was either 2000 or 2001. The first series I watched was Legend of Basara, and it got me hooked. BADLY. The second was one called...um...Here and There, or something similar....VERY cool. But the third one, I'm still searching for...my description of it will be bizarre and with holes, so I truly believe only the most knowledgeable of all anime-ists will know what it is:

The details are pretty jumbled up, but the main character is a girl with long hair. She has a sidekick type character (a girl) who has short hair...they seem pretty normal, but (I believe) they "turn in" to superhero type characters...the main character has a love interest, who is a really mysterious guy with long hair....it's in the modern time, it's not all action but it's not all cutesy either...it's a great mix of both. I'm trying to remember any more details....they MIGHT have been at a boarding school, but I dunno. I seem to remember the girl falling in love with the mysterious guy and not really knowing who he was....

Anyway, I'll recognize it if I see it...ANY and ALL help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks, folks!
Old 2004-04-11, 20:27   Link #2
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

The second one is "Here and there, Now and then".
As for the third one... couldn't you be a bit more precise, like giving the girl's hair and eye colors, at least? "the main character is a girl with long hair" fits a whole lot of series, and girls transforming into super heroines as well.
Please be a bit more specific.
Old 2004-04-11, 21:04   Link #3
Cirdan
Elven Shipwright

Unfortunately, I can't identify them...I'm sure it was a lighter color...blonde? red-head? It WAS 3-4 years ago, and I only saw 2 episodes...my memory is hazy. =( Can you list some of the ones that you think it might be and I can research them and see if it fits?

Thanks. =D
Old 2004-04-11, 21:41   Link #4
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
No idea maybe you could draw a picture or go into more detail. I can only think of Project Ako maybe i dunno ^-^"
Old 2004-04-11, 23:30   Link #5
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Inverse
The second one is "Here and there, Now and then".
As for the third one... couldn't you be a bit more precise, like giving the girl's hair and eye colors, at least? "the main character is a girl with long hair" fits a whole lot of series, and girls transforming into super heroines as well.
Please be a bit more specific.
Actually, it's Now and Then, Here and There. Very cool, yet depressing, anime. It's licensed. The whole series is out on DVD.
The third sounds like Revolutionary Girl Utena... [then again, I have not seen the anime, only heard of it]. Did the girl have pink hair?
Old 2004-04-11, 23:51   Link #6
Cirdan
Elven Shipwright

Welp, it's not Utena or Ako...and no, I don't think she had Pink hair....this is really frusterating....the only scene I can remember is her looking out her window and watching the mysteryious stranger guy she was in love with drive either to or away from the house she lived in...not sure if it was a school house or not...

Also, I have a feeling her and her sidekick could turn into whatever they wanted...I seem to remember them being different things in different episodes, for instance, a spy in one, or a fashion model in another, etc...sorta like the Pretender?

JEeze...I'll never remember. =(
Old 2004-04-12, 03:22   Link #7
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirdan
Welp, it's not Utena or Ako...and no, I don't think she had Pink hair....this is really frusterating....the only scene I can remember is her looking out her window and watching the mysteryious stranger guy she was in love with drive either to or away from the house she lived in...not sure if it was a school house or not...

Also, I have a feeling her and her sidekick could turn into whatever they wanted...I seem to remember them being different things in different episodes, for instance, a spy in one, or a fashion model in another, etc...sorta like the Pretender?
Your second paragraph reminds me of Cutey Honey Flash (link to AnimeNfo, which as a picture which may help). But there wasn't two girls but one which transformed (into the second). I'm not really familiar with the series so this is just a vague guess (there's also the eariler Cutey Honey from 1973 and New Cutey Honey from 1994)
Old 2004-04-12, 08:00   Link #8
Cirdan
Elven Shipwright

Man...Cutey Honey Flash "Feels" close...but I just don't think it's it....but it's the closest suggestion so far....it's got the same concept, I believe....but I'm sure the main character didn't turn into another girl, she was the same person, just...changed into whatever it was she wanted, I think. ARGH. BRAIN NOT WORKING.

I'mma go cry now. =P
Old 2004-04-12, 16:25   Link #9
ShinDragon

I was gonna say Dirty Pair.... but I'm not sure.
Cuz like other ppl said, there are tones of animes that fit the description you gave us.

Ops~ Lina Inverse was right. I should've pay more attention when reading the posts.

Last edited by ShinDragon; 2004-04-12 at 21:40.
Old 2004-04-12, 19:48   Link #10
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Just got an idea... could it be that you mean Kaitou Saint Tail? She also transforms, and her "sidekick" Seira (if you want to call her like that) has short hair.

@ShinDragon
Dirty Pair is really far out there They don't transform, and they don't have love interests either... besides he didn't mention that they were doing huge collateral damage or the likes.

Last edited by Lina Inverse; 2004-04-12 at 20:13.
Old 2004-04-12, 20:07   Link #11
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

x "Kamikaze Kaitou Saint Tail"
o "Kaitou Saint Tail"

Many people mix this with "Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne." There is no "Kamikaze" in front of "Kaitou Saint Tail."
Old 2004-04-12, 20:14   Link #12
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
x "Kamikaze Kaitou Saint Tail"
o "Kaitou Saint Tail"

Many people mix this with "Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne." There is no "Kamikaze" in front of "Kaitou Saint Tail."
Indeed... edited it now. Gomen ne
Old 2004-04-12, 21:47   Link #13
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Inverse
@ShinDragon
Dirty Pair is really far out there They don't transform, and they don't have love interests either... besides he didn't mention that they were doing huge collateral damage or the likes.
Kei and Yuri DO transform...if you wanna call it that, all they do is hit a button and their "uniforms" appear on their bodies (it's more prevailant in FLASH than in the original)
Old 2004-04-17, 10:43   Link #14
Cirdan
Elven Shipwright

Still not hearing anything that jars any memories....

I truly believe I'll never figure out what it was. =/
Old 2004-04-17, 11:28   Link #15
Onegai

find someone who attended those 2000 and 2001 Otakons and see if they kept their brochures of what anime was being shown in whihc viewing rooms. From there you can probably find the anime you are looking for. Sorry I can't help cause I didn't start going to Otakon until 2002.
Old 2004-04-17, 20:52   Link #16
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Aren't there somewhere websites with reports from previous Otakon events?
Closed Thread