AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-07-15, 11:54   Link #41
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Tablets are wonderful inventions. Shame mine's dead

Excellent works there Zhaxra, particularly loved the negima starwars parody, cookie awarded for making me laugh
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 07:36   Link #42
Zhaxra

Daniel E.: Yep, I use a Wacom intous (first generation) tablet for everything now. I hardly use traditional tools anymore.

Radiosity: That's horrible to hear about your tablet. Thanks, I loved doing the Negima ones. I probably should get off my lazy butt and do some more.

Now imagine if you took the upcoming 'The Dark Knight' movie and used the cast from the 1966 Batman TV series but kept the cinema photography, story, and tone of the movie and showed it to audiences back in 1966. It would scare the living daylights of the audience! Well, here is what the movie poster might look like.

Spoiler for For large file:

Why I came up with that idea, I don't know, but I had to try it. Using one of the Joker posters for TDK as reference, I snagged a photo of Ceaser and drew him in Heath's pose. While the likeness is not quite there, I loved the way it came out. Manga Studio Debut was used for the pencils and inks, and PhotoShop was used for the colors and text.

Ah, I do apologize for the lack of 'anime' style for this, sorry.

-Enjoy!
Old 2008-07-16, 10:55   Link #43
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaxra View Post
Now imagine if you took the upcoming 'The Dark Knight' movie and used the cast from the 1966 Batman TV series but kept the cinema photography, story, and tone of the movie and showed it to audiences back in 1966.
If you include a scene where good old West does his dance, people would still dig it.
Old 2008-08-23, 19:58   Link #44
Zhaxra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
If you include a scene where good old West does his dance, people would still dig it.
Heh, I should probably Netflix those old Batmans but I'm afraid of the 'Scooby Doo' syndrome where the nostalgia factor doesn't live up to the quality of the show itself.

Finished another image for a jam I did on another board. Supposed to be a Goth-Loli anime style. I think I failed at all three.
But I do like the way my Catgirl-Maid came out. :P

Spoiler for for large size:

-Enjoy!
Old 2008-10-05, 08:13   Link #45
Zhaxra

Decided to throw some colors on the B&W piece I did for the Zodiac jam. I probably spent too long on it, and I opted to use the finger paint tool in Photoshop for most of the blending.

Spoiler for Image:

-Enjoy!
Old 2008-10-05, 13:45   Link #46
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Oh, it's been a while since my last post.

Anyway, great work on the coloring, specially on Taurus.
Old 2008-10-05, 19:24   Link #47
Moonbattery

Location: At the beginning of eternity, the end of time and space, and the beginning of every end
Very nice collection of work, I enjoy the old school feel that may be not fall in the anime category. Looking forward to more of your upcoming work.
Moonbattery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 21:14   Link #48
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Excellent coloring work! Really makes the whole image complete.
Old 2008-10-15, 00:02   Link #49
Zhaxra

Daniel E.: Thanks for the feedback! Yep, Taurus was fun to color,

Moonbattery: Mahalo! I'm still trying to find my style, but I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Solace: I don't seem to color as much anymore so hearing that you liked it makes me happy. Thanks!

Did this sketch of Ruby. I just used the Pencil, Airbrush, and Tone tools for this and while she needs work I do like the image overall. I may try to finish it sometime if Warhammer Online ever releases me from its evil clutches anytime soon.

Spoiler for Manga Studio Debut Sketch:

-Enjoy!
Old 2008-10-15, 00:30   Link #50
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

It's really interesting looking through all the images in this topic and seeing your constant improvement. The Western art style is also refreshing. Keep up the good work.
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 07:18   Link #51
Zhaxra

Eczema: Thanks! Glad you like them.

Finally finished my Ruby image. Took longer than I expected including about a week when my art computer's was down. I'm cursing myself for including the background ,which I rushed on but still took up about 50% of the time spent on the image art wise.

Spoiler for For large image:

Medium: Manga Studio Debut, Wacom Intous Tablet.

Enjoy!
Old 2008-11-20, 07:24   Link #52
Zhaxra

Just finished an image for 30's jam and figured I'd share it with everyone here.

Spoiler for Large image:

Medium: Manga Studio Debut, Wacom Intous Tablet.

-Enjoy!
Old 2008-11-20, 17:45   Link #53
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I love looking at your traditional American styled drawings ^^

Keep it up. This is a command from your group leader.

j/k ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 07:52   Link #54
Zhaxra

Aoie_Emesai: Thanks Boss! I'll try to keep drawing more.

... Oooo WotLK ...stealing soul ...must resist...

Here was a quick one I did tonight. It was supposed to be practice for a jam, but she'd have nothing to do with them.

Spoiler for for sorta big image:

-Enjoy!
Old 2008-12-22, 06:32   Link #55
Zhaxra

Just finished up this one. It'd been sitting on the hard drive for a couple of weeks. Not as toned as I would have liked it to be, but I had a deadline on it so it's done.

Spoiler for Large Image:

-Enjoy!
Old 2009-05-18, 05:32   Link #56
Zhaxra

Whoops! More art

Heh, I forgot I had this thread. As always, I do apologize for the lack of 'anime-style' art in my art.

Finished two images lately. The first is a take on Evil Rick's character as prey (or at least that's what I was thinking of when I was drawing it).

Spoiler for Large Image:

Second up was done for a school girl jam on another board. Tried to keep it simple. I been doing so many B&W images lately, that I'm forgetting how to color.

Spoiler for Large Image:

- Enjoy!
Old 2009-05-18, 22:50   Link #57
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaxra View Post
Heh, I forgot I had this thread. As always, I do apologize for the lack of 'anime-style' art in my art.

Finished two images lately. The first is a take on Evil Rick's character as prey (or at least that's what I was thinking of when I was drawing it).

Spoiler for Large Image:
Oh man, this one is just awesome, I keep looking at it and I can't believ you decided to make it with one of my characters

Have somme cookies for the great job
Old 2009-05-19, 06:41   Link #58
Zhaxra

Yay, cookies!!!

Glad you liked it, Evil. Though I was everywhere with the inks, it was fun to do.

Just finished a quick digital sketch that I loosely threw inks on and a limit of a single tone.

Spoiler for Not quite as Large Image:

-Enjoy!
Old 2009-06-19, 06:36   Link #59
Zhaxra

This is the final inks for my D&D 4th edition character, Shavial, a Half Elf Artificer. Just got back into after not having played in almost 15 years or so.

I opted not to go heavy on the inks and did a 1 minute quick background. I like the way her jacket came out and it was really hard not to show more skin like a typical fantasy piece. I might color this one day, so there are no tones.

Spoiler for For Large Image:

-Enjoy!
Old 2009-06-26, 05:51   Link #60
Zhaxra

Just finished this over at my friend's place. He challenged me to do an interpretation of one of his characters. Three and a half hours later this is what I came up with.

Spoiler for Large Image:

Medium: SketchBook (9"x14.5"), Mech. Pencil 2B, HB Pencil.

-Enjoy!