AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-13, 09:03   Link #21
golgo13

Nice chapter. Great to see Luffy in action, although he seems to go into battle without too much thought... I like the theory of removing oxygen.

Really wondering who the person is that took out Law. Not sure if I've seen these shoes before.

Where is the samurai's torso and what was with the heads reaction once sanji jumped in?? It looks like he knew that sanji would figure something out. This rabbit hole is getting deeper.
Old 2012-06-13, 09:53   Link #22
james0246

So Law is going to get more to do than just stand around looking cool. That's nice.

This is probably the best chapter of One Piece in a month or so. Lots of action, plenty of jokes (most of them funny), and some solid plot advancement (as I said, it's nice to see Law getting some character development).

That being said, I am unclear why Namji jumped in the water. Wouldn't Zoro be a better option 9sicne he's in his own body after all)? Then again, without Zoro, only Brook would be able to defend against the Slime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
There are lots of ways Caesar Clown can knock out Luffy, since he literally has complete control over 1/3 of all known matter.
I said something similar when the abilities were first introduced. This is Oda's first time creating such an overacting Logia power. Consequently, Caesar's powers could be quite limitless ((though it is by no means unbeatable; Ice and Lava would both be quite useful against Gas (Ice can solidify Caesar, and Lava can simply consume), and their are other DF that can help.).

Since low temperatures can turn a Gas into a Solid, here's hoping that Brook is the one to defeat Caesar. .
Old 2012-06-13, 09:53   Link #23
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Can someone explain me how that jet mace works? All i can figure out from the image is that Luffy somehow hit with his legs, but I'm not sure
From what we can see, Luffy is upside down. This suggests that Luffy did a flip and shot his legs at CC, its a somersault kick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
Where is the samurai's torso and what was with the heads reaction once sanji jumped in?? It looks like he knew that sanji would figure something out. This rabbit hole is getting deeper.
In the previous chapter we learn that the samurai fainted because even though separated, his torso still has the effects of his Devil Fruit and is stuck under the lake with water that came from the sea.

The samurai is giving a mixed expression because even though he already told the Strawhat pirates that he hates pirates and won't accept their help, Sanji still went all the way to risk his life to find his torso. He is starting to acknowledge the crew as good guys and is thankful.

I think the mystery guy who took down Law is most likely Vegapunk because he wears a lab coat, or something similar. Unless Joker is also a scientist, Vegapunk seems like the most likely suspect.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I said something similar when the abilities were first introduced. This is Oda's first time creating such an overacting Logia power. Consequently, Caesar's powers could be quite limitless ((though it is by no means unbeatable; Ice and Lava would both be quite useful against Gas (Ice can solidify Caesar, and Lava can simply consume), and their are other DF that can help.).
Seeing that Caesar can freely combust and explode his gases, I think that he can control the temperature of gases to a certain degree.

If he can explode himself or his gases, he can probably break himself out of ice and lava, if not he could use chemical reactions to get himself out, there are plenty of gases that reacts with water(ice) to form more gas.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-06-13, 10:10   Link #24
james0246

^Considering that Kuzan can combat Akainu on equal footing, Hie Hie's temperature can be far below the freezing point of Ice. Consequently, he should be able to handle most gases. And where the fruit may fail, a bit of Haki could help (if Kuzan's "intent" is to freeze Caesar, then he will freeze Caesar...as so long as Kuzan's Haki is 'superior').

(Of course, this is all speculation. It's still unknown what the extent of Caesar's powers are.)
Old 2012-06-13, 10:29   Link #25
Jouten

Still waiting for Smoker to save the day
Old 2012-06-13, 10:53   Link #26
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Jeez, what the hell is happening to Law and Luffy? I doubt it's sleeping gas because I don't think such a thing is dangerous enough to the human body to cause bleeding from the mouth.

The mysterious fellow who showed up at the end looks like he's wearing a lab coat, and since he seems to know Law from when he was a child, maybe he's the one who educated Law on the practices on being a doctor? Just a guess, but that would be interesting.~
Old 2012-06-13, 10:58   Link #27
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
I see, thank you.

Depending on how much Oda powers the gas-gas fruit it could be the strongest logia out there (and not only). He would have a counter for each ability out there. He could counter Aokiji with some gas made of iron (or any metal that has a really high evaporation point) or... i don't know...he'll become air to be invisible...or...it's really limitless.
If he doesn't care about collateral damage, he could just do hydrogen bombs?

He could float in air by becoming lighter than air. So the only one that can take him on is probably Aokiji. Any one other logia will just get their land destroyed by countless explosions and eventually fall into the sea even if they can moonstep. non-logias shouldn't be able to take continous hydrogen bomb damage.

Well maybe Kuma could reject the explosions?
Old 2012-06-13, 11:17   Link #28
ninetail1989
Dreamer

the guy shoes at the end looks like Aokiji fashion...

he is working with CC to bring down the Corrupted Government .XD
Old 2012-06-13, 11:46   Link #29
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
If he doesn't care about collateral damage, he could just do hydrogen bombs?
Caesar cannot use nuclear weapons. He can undoubtedly burn hydrogen (it is very reactive), but a hydrogen bomb involves fission and or fusion, something Caesar shouldn't be able to do (since he just controls gas).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Well maybe Kuma could reject the explosions?
Kuma can seemingly "push" anything.
Old 2012-06-13, 12:04   Link #30
Rainbowman

Law better be alive in the next chapter.
Old 2012-06-13, 13:47   Link #31
marvelB

Huh, I missed this earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
is it just me or that torso-less samurai seems angry when sanji went in to the lake

maybe he's hiding something...
Seemed more like he was worried to me. I mean, there IS an additional complication to his dilemma now that his torso may get exposed to a lake full of toxic slime.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That being said, I am unclear why Namji jumped in the water. Wouldn't Zoro be a better option 9sicne he's in his own body after all)? Then again, without Zoro, only Brook would be able to defend against the Slime.

Isn't that obvious? Even if Zoro DID manage to rescue Kinemon's torso his bad sense of direction would probably lead him to surface on the hot side of the island!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Jeez, what the hell is happening to Law and Luffy? I doubt it's sleeping gas because I don't think such a thing is dangerous enough to the human body to cause bleeding from the mouth.

While Law definitely looked like he was bleeding from the mouth, I'm about 110% certain that Luffy was just drooling when he passed out from Caesar's gas. But as far as Law's case goes..... it might seem kind of far-fetched, but I was wondering if he was possibly affected by conqueror's haki? I'm really just saying this because there was no obvious indication that there was a DF power at work here, but I do believe that's a possibility. I know that Law isn't foaming at the mouth (which is the common reaction to a burst of CoC), but what if the haki was filled with "evil" intent? Color of the Tyrant, rather than just Color of the Conqueror.....
Old 2012-06-13, 13:52   Link #32
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Isn't that obvious? Even if Zoro DID manage to rescue Kinemon's torso his bad sense of direction would probably lead him to surface on the hot side of the island!
Sanji is a better swimmer.

Besides responsibility for the samurai lies with him..he insisted on taking him out after all.
Old 2012-06-13, 14:02   Link #33
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Sanji is a better swimmer.
In his body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Besides responsibility for the samurai lies with him..he insisted on taking him out after all.
Now that makes sense.
Old 2012-06-13, 14:07   Link #34
marvelB

Personally, I still think the risk of Zoro getting lost makes a lot of sense too, but there's certainly no denying that Sanji's obligation to Kinemon is a valid point. That being said, I hope we get to see more of the samurai's DF ability soon.....

Oh, and speaking of Kinemon, here's another crazy theory: The mystery man Law encountered is none other than Momonosuke!
Old 2012-06-13, 15:21   Link #35
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
In his body.
Doesn't Sanji mention something about that on page 3?

'I can swim better than all you guys'
Old 2012-06-13, 15:29   Link #36
marvelB

^Pretty sure he was referring to Sanji in his original body, bro.
Old 2012-06-13, 15:32   Link #37
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Hmmm didn't Zoro overcome his lack of sense of direction or at least improved it. I forgot when, but a few chapters ago, Brooke was surprised he didn't get lost.

Sanji's swimming ability comes from his new kicking techniques, since he can still kick alot of butt as Nami, he probably can still swim considerably fast.

CC's ability is only limited by how powerful Oda wants him to be and his research on gases. If a character that can manipulate gas is handled by Marvel or DC, its going to be ridiculously overpowered.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-06-13, 16:15   Link #38
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
Quote:
Can someone explain me how that jet mace works? All i can figure out from the image is that Luffy somehow hit with his legs, but I'm not sure
looks like multiple backflips into a kick. similar to captain guiles flash kick
Old 2012-06-13, 17:50   Link #39
cj1277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talendra View Post
I think this serves as a good indication that she isnt some kinda harpy-df. She wasnt surprised the least that Law would need her power for something. Therefore it has to be something special - my guess would be knowledge based, high end analyzing ability or something along those lines. What could someone who can teleport himself require from a harpy after all. Might of course also be that she really "just" has a harpy df but along with other useful non-df skills and Law is referring to the latter ones. However, imo she has been shown to be harpy-esque so much, I just find it unlikely she really is (just) that.
I didn't even realize whether Monet was a devil fruit uses or not was a topic of conversation. Of course nothing is 100% until Oda anounces it but in chapter 666 Monet was writting with her wings and later on she was writting with regular female arms and had normal legs. That makes me about 99% sure she a Zoan type.
Old 2012-06-13, 17:54   Link #40
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

The mysterious person is

Kaidou.