AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-06-11, 05:34   Link #32141
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Bah, then I'll just make that part up as I go along.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 06:48   Link #32142
Eratas123

@ Senpai - So making it somewhat sentient isn't an option?
Old 2012-06-11, 06:53   Link #32143
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's up to you really, but aren't you against making it too advanced/high-tech?
Old 2012-06-11, 06:58   Link #32144
Eratas123

Sentient as in: It takes over the pilot if it feels he/she's not doing their best (In its terms, being picture freaking perfect at everything). It doesn't bother Irish since he can't pilot, so it doesn't come out.

But there's a chapter where he lends it to Ichika to trash some mooks and well.......
Old 2012-06-11, 07:03   Link #32145
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Once again, I do not disagree, just point some explanation.

How about I propose option C then?

It is possible to make it semi-sentient, IF it's connected to a core. When not, the suit is really a mindless zombie by principle. Use the wearer's energy as power source (though only a little compared the amount it drain from I.S.), and really not doing anything besides augmenting the wearer's own body and act as suspender.

The new Suit will be recycled from the old one, this time is much safer due to material replacement and integrated battery, on the plus side it has nifty toys like mobile gadget and whatnot, on the minus side it's really weaker and has limited endurance. Irish is willing to use it since it's really built from what's left of the old suit, and does not have other choice.
Old 2012-06-11, 07:08   Link #32146
Eratas123

I never really planned to make it sentient in the alive sense. Okay, you know Ben 10? If not, let me explain: Ben uses a watch to transform into ten different aliens. At the early parts of the show, the watch would turn him into a different alien even if he chose a different one and even makes the timer have different limits depending. The watch isn't alive, never talks, and at no point attempts to rebel against the user I.E: The only indication that it's even somewhat sentient is that those actions take place at all.

Kinda like that. Get it?
Old 2012-06-11, 07:11   Link #32147
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hmm, I get it. It's really a non-sentient machine but act like one sometimes.

A companion cube
Old 2012-06-11, 07:25   Link #32148
Eratas123

I guess This is averted in the Bad Future fic where that version of him used the suit for over 20 years already. As a result, it's gained sentience and takes over when he's too injured or enraged (Shown by his face becoming covered by a black material and having jaw teeth that would make a great white shark piss themselves). In this state he's more of an animal than a person, since he doesn't talk or listen to orders.

Anyway, I planned for him to burn the suit at the ending (The building where the finale takes place catches fire). Should I let him keep it?
Old 2012-06-11, 07:30   Link #32149
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Burn it, or store it somewhere.
Old 2012-06-11, 07:40   Link #32150
Eratas123

Would it look extremely odd if Ichika made a kid with someone who was supposed to be barren?

Side note - The bad future fic is tedious to write:/ Writing a team of 5 people who don't trust each other but still work together is hard.
Old 2012-06-11, 08:31   Link #32151
demino_hellsin
That one guy

That'd just solidify his claim as the most pimpin' pimp in all history of anime O.o
Old 2012-06-11, 08:37   Link #32152
Eratas123

Yeah, that's the reason I was gonna use in Future Imperfect Both Laura and Madoka remark that them having kids is impossible since they were tampered with to be barren.

Both their kids remark the same thing: Ichika was apparently just that good that it happened anyway.
Old 2012-06-11, 08:57   Link #32153
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yo, I'm back, after dangerously hilarious event in the college

As for Ichika impregnated both, what do you expect? In medical sense, recessive =/= bad, it could be that he's compatible with Madoka because they complement each other genetically. As for Laura though, there's no excuse.

Anyway demi, what do you think of Variable Coil Gun, that can switch between rapidity and velocity? for example, @300 rpm it can launch the projectile @6.000 mps, while @30 rpm it can launch up to 15.000 mps. So it's like a Battle Rifle/Marksman rifle hybrid.
Old 2012-06-11, 09:13   Link #32154
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Question first. How do you feed the chamber?

If it uses a revolver mechanism then it wouldn't make much sense since the coil gun's muzzle velocity is decided by A) the voltage running through the coils. and B) the length of the coil path.
Old 2012-06-11, 09:17   Link #32155
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

A hybrid between Revolving Chamber and Chain gun, the revolving tube is electrically driven rather than gas/explosive operated, while also acting as a switch. So the faster the tube spin, the less energy put into hypercapacitor and coils, thus lower velocity.

It's only weakness is the rate of fire still much slower compared to actual revolver cannon or chain gun, but the resulting velocity allow smaller projectile to be used.

Old 2012-06-11, 09:22   Link #32156
demino_hellsin
That one guy

How about using mechanical means instead so the electricity becomes completely dedicated to the coils?

A manual bolt/hammer system or a semi-auto system that locks into place when the electricity is cut.

1. It's cooler that way.

2. It feels like it would make a lot more sense, at least for me. 1000 shots that can punch through 3 feet of steel vs 1 shot that can pierce a mountain... and blow it to smithereens from impact alone.
Old 2012-06-11, 09:26   Link #32157
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Is it a downer ending when all the main characters die?
Old 2012-06-11, 09:31   Link #32158
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Well, the weapon is supposed to be relative compact. About the size of I.S. shotgun, only longer.

Does Bolt/hammer even allow automatic fire? AFAIK it only allow single shot per pull of trigger, please correct me if I'm wrong.

(the electricity consumed by the revolving motor is minuscule compared to what put on the coils anyway, so energy supply is not a problem)

@ Eras
It can vary, but most people will say yes. It could be somewhat bittersweet if they accomplish much for their death.
Old 2012-06-11, 09:41   Link #32159
demino_hellsin
That one guy

so it's not really select fire but more... select rounds per minute?
Old 2012-06-11, 09:45   Link #32160
Eratas123

What if their accomplishments just made things worse?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest