AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-04-28, 05:40   Link #42161
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

There are few harem who played rather seriously

School Days is what happened when the protagonist and the harem played horrifically real and fucked up in the head.

Umi no Misaki milk the hell out of romance drama seriously, not a little laugh at all. Being a girl in a harem is painfully SUCK, especially if you are emotionally dependent on him.

And Rosario to Vampire, fighting plot aside, also take the harem drama and put it into character development as well.

They are few and far in-between, but they're exist
Old 2013-04-28, 05:47   Link #42162
Eratas123

To be honest, I have a friend who has a real life "harem", and he remarks that its not fun. Its not comical, the girls are real people and not one dimensional archetypes, and his choices end uo biting him in the ass at times.
Old 2013-04-28, 05:49   Link #42163
HasuMasu
*Artist

I mention that before, real-life harem not so fun.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 05:49   Link #42164
DarkJak2050

And some guys actually wished to have one in real life...

Ever heard of the saying "Be careful what you wish for"?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 05:51   Link #42165
Eratas123

He never wished for it. To be honest, anyone who really wishes for a real life harem is either ridiclously self centered, idealistic, or an idiot. Girls aren't bargain bin dolls you pick and then prance around with.
Old 2013-04-28, 05:51   Link #42166
demino_hellsin
That one guy

If you take writing anime harem seriously enough it won't be a laughing matter either. It's just they're milking it as fantasy. The writers themselves probably don't even imagine the scenario as being realistic at all. The closest to this we have is TWGOK. When Keima awoke the goddesses, he realized he had to break one of his principles: "Never two time on a conquest.".

He may have been making girls fall for him left and right but he never wanted anyone to get hurt. This is apparent when he had to draw out the last goddess. And even on that one mission to make his kouhai fall for him, he didn't want to hurt her knowing that after the conquest was over, her feelings(first love) which he planted in her would become meaningless.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 05:51   Link #42167
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Meister and Ping seems to same on the same boat, meister even end up celibate for a year or three.

My 'harem' doesn't even take ITSELF seriously, in reality I'm just a token man not manly enough to be considered threat.

Basically, the concept of harem itself is a wish fulfillment fantasy of horny teenager. Long ago has passed where men can actually have multiple wives, or vice versa. When harem taken seriously, usually the result is less than cheerful, at best bittersweet.
Old 2013-04-28, 05:55   Link #42168
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Now now, let's not talk too much about our love lives.

It reminds me of how miserable I am.
Old 2013-04-28, 05:57   Link #42169
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
He never wished for it. To be honest, anyone who really wishes for a real life harem is either ridiclously self centered, idealistic, or an idiot. Girls aren't bargain bin dolls you pick and then prance around with.
Exactly...

Now, to help get things back on track...

You guys want an explaination for the chapter concepts for Phase 2's I posted last night?
Old 2013-04-28, 05:59   Link #42170
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

If you wish.

Spoiler for Separate:
Old 2013-04-28, 06:00   Link #42171
demino_hellsin
That one guy

that's awkward... I don't even know the situation
Old 2013-04-28, 06:01   Link #42172
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Let's see... Josh lost his parents... again?

The third time, maybe.
Old 2013-04-28, 06:02   Link #42173
Eratas123

Relationships aren't important to me much. Since my family started fracturing, I gradually stopped caring altogether about anything other than friend relationships given their casual feel. This gets me some stares since I refer to many of my girl friends as "dude" or "man". It tends to be easier thinking of girls as buds rather than potential GF's.

Anyway, to be realistic, Ichika's "harem" will fall apart once he reaches a point where he chooses. Look at it this way: They one up and stare down Kanzashi when they realize she confessed. But what happens when she admits they're not going out despite that? "Welcome to the club. We've got cookies". This leads me to a conclusion: All of the girls, whether actively or passively, will ostracize the girl Ichika chooses and resent her for being picked.
Old 2013-04-28, 06:05   Link #42174
DarkJak2050

I'm kind of reluctant to post it because it somewhat ruins some parts near the end of the 1st arc (Phase 1).

For those who haven't read it yet.
Old 2013-04-28, 06:06   Link #42175
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
Oh man, I missed that point. They now become even less likeable now you mention that.

Glad the harem already torn apart in ST (in a good way), "mind your own business" indeed.

@ Jak
Your choice
Old 2013-04-28, 06:07   Link #42176
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: Mmm... I see. Well I normally just shut up about it but if he gets too annoying I'll slap him and tell him to suck it up.

@eras: I don't want a girlfriend since every girl around my area expects the boyfriend to do basically everything for them. Carry bags, pay for food, text them day and night everyday on a regular basis, be the perfect gentleman, and etc. All of which I'm not doing anytime soon. And if every woman in the world expects me to act this way then I'm forever alone and that's fine by me.
Old 2013-04-28, 06:12   Link #42177
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Switch topic, switch topic

So yeah, when amnesia is considered as good thing, you know the world hates you. I intend him to be a deconstruction of typical marty stu after all.
Old 2013-04-28, 06:16   Link #42178
Eratas123

@ Demi- Good luck then To be honest, the girls I could ask out tend to be funny energetic girls who like talking about the hardships of a specific subject. Having a study group with oneof them saved my ass come next test

@ Senpai - On the bright side, many of them seem to actually be friends with one another: Laura and Charlotte are most obvious, but Rin and Cecilia are also evident; despite their vitriolic attitude, Rin casually offers Cecilia - and only Cecilia - Chinese sweets and says that she'll cook them for her so long as she asks her to. You don't casually offer to cook for someone unless you're fond of them.
Old 2013-04-28, 06:17   Link #42179
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@zero: Mmm... I see. Well I normally just shut up about it but if he gets too annoying I'll slap him and tell him to suck it up.

@eras: I don't want a girlfriend since every girl around my area expects the boyfriend to do basically everything for them. Carry bags, pay for food, text them day and night everyday on a regular basis, be the perfect gentleman, and etc. All of which I'm not doing anytime soon. And if every woman in the world expects me to act this way then I'm forever alone and that's fine by me.
It seems I'm in the same boat as you are.

Anyway, I tried to type the explaination, but realized that it'll be too long to read. So my hint of it is to read the 1st arc (Phase 1). Sorry.
Old 2013-04-28, 06:19   Link #42180
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Try preferring blindness or death. =))

Anyway, I'm not sure I can follow with his depression development. That one character I made didn't have a tragic background from the start. Her tragedy started when she chose to pilot IS. Less of a tragedy more of just hardships too. Parents dying, leaving her to work to keep her siblings together numbering over five. She's trying to keep her home and her father's shop.

Another was just depressed she was forced to take up IS piloting because her parents wanted the easy way out. Because they were a middle lower class family, they forced her to pilot IS. and the girl herself cared too much for her younger siblings to consider letting them rough it out. Guilt tripped by her parents she had to break off the promises she made with her varsity friends and their dreams of winning the nationals. One of them was her childhood friend too. The fact you have someone who swore to be a sibling to you scream how much they hate you and mean it can be pretty traumatizing.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest