AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 37 20.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 26.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 41 22.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 15.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 18 10.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.12%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.12%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.12%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-09, 15:32   Link #41
June 1983

Hmmm ... I could have sworn there were scenes in the VN when he turned into butterflies, too.
Old 2009-09-09, 15:49   Link #42
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWorm View Post
It is - Battler from anime looks like stupid crybaby
I find this very ironic.
Old 2009-09-09, 15:57   Link #43
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
I find this very ironic.
Me,too. We are talking about the same VN Battler who cried almost all the time and Anime-Battler who cried about two times?
Old 2009-09-09, 16:29   Link #44
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Did Maria gain super strength or something? Since when could a young child handle carrying a bar of gold with relative ease? In the novel I remember Rosa even having a hard time lifting it, gold is pretty heavy after all. ^^;

And Lambda got like... 3 lines... wow.
It would've been nice if she got more, that's my biggest complaint about this episode.

However I still enjoyed it overall.

Old 2009-09-09, 16:32   Link #45
Lemons
Jazzy

Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-09, 16:34   Link #46
Key Board
Carbon

The way the anime handled it,

Gouda's last stand was much bettter than Rosa's stand

I think the anime staff favors Gouda
Old 2009-09-09, 16:34   Link #47
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I really enjoyed the Shannon VS Beatrice and Rosa-Musou scenes, those along with the Ura Tea Party are my favorite parts of this episode (actually... they're my favorite parts in the entirety of Episode 2 all together)... even if Rosa-Musou and the Ura Tea Party were super condensed and cut a couple of notable parts.

Old 2009-09-09, 16:38   Link #48
Ttak

Giving it a 9, only problem there was ???? with only 1:10....
Really did like
Spoiler:

And yea, tea party was more disturbing than I imagined.

Thanks for the sig Risa chan
Old 2009-09-09, 16:44   Link #49
tcaz2

There is not enough rage and disappointment in the world for what they did to this episode for me.

I'm not even going to bother writing a mini-review, as pretty much everything I have to say is negative. The only thing I can say they did well is the Shannon vs Beatrice scene, and the first part of the Tea Party.
Old 2009-09-09, 17:06   Link #50
IfritTower
Just furniture

This episode was excellent, really exceeding my expectations. Shannon scene was perfect, banquet was exactly how I imagined it, and Rosa Musou short but sweet. I'll probably rate 9, but I'd better wait for the subs before doing so.
Old 2009-09-09, 17:10   Link #51
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcaz2 View Post
There is not enough rage and disappointment in the world for what they did to this episode for me.

I'm not even going to bother writing a mini-review, as pretty much everything I have to say is negative. The only thing I can say they did well is the Shannon vs Beatrice scene, and the first part of the Tea Party.
Yeah, the episode could have been handled better. It still REALLY bothers me that Fuyuka Ooura still didn't really get a chance to show what she could do... Lambdadelta deserved more screentime.

And after re-reading the Hidden Tea Party, I'm beginning to see why people are just flat our disgusted with the end. They cut out Bern's "Nipa~" and Lambda's "Super Paper" scenes... both of which were quite entertaining and seem pretty important. Also, like I said before, I just want to see more Lambda. Three lines is nowhere near enough. =/

As an episode, I'll admit that I enjoyed it.
But as an adaption, I must say that it failed.

I'm not sure what I should base my ranking opinion on as I enjoyed the episode itself, but was still disappointed by all that was left out. At first I was going to rate it an 8, but now I must change that and I can guess that at the highest I may rate it a 7 or so... maybe. But no longer is it an 8, I can say that for sure. >.>

Sorry if my opinion bothers the anime-only watchers, but you must understand. We have certain expectations as readers, our viewpoint is different from yours. Please don't complain too much if you see us complain, we have our reasons for doing so.

Old 2009-09-09, 17:17   Link #52
chronotrig

I agree. As an adaptation, they took out several really good scenes and I'm more than a little disappointed (though more because of the lack of description of the final 2 closed rooms than anything else).

Still, on its own, I think they did a good job on the episode. The scenes they did include were done very well for the most part.
The core of Umineko is EP3. If they can do that right, I'll forgive them for everything they've done up until now.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-09-09, 17:23   Link #53
Raneh
Storyteller

Spoiler for Comments on the episode:
Old 2009-09-09, 17:24   Link #54
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Spoiler for thoughts:
Old 2009-09-09, 17:25   Link #55
Xander

I think the episode managed to include every important scene, which is good, but there simply wasn't enough time for what they were trying to do and the result leaves me with mixed feelings.

Things could have been better, but they could have been worse too.

Unlike a lot of people, I don't mind the fact that they didn't keep every single line of dialogue. That was never going to be a possibility, so I'm judging this series based on how the animation studio is handling the core story, not each and every detail.

That's why I'll probably give it a 7/10 or so once a translation is available, even if I admit it was a bit underwhelming considering what could have been done with this same material. That is, however, something I've already accepted as inevitable. The basics of the story are still there, in spite of an uneven execution, and that's interesting enough.
Old 2009-09-09, 17:47   Link #56
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I look forward to the day when people judge the episode on its own merits rather than as an adaptation.

But that'll never happen.

Seriously though, you're turning the anime-only audience off.
All my friends that see only the anime say me that this episode was good and a big wtf even them dislike how quick all happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
The table smashing isn't that big of a deal.
For you, in that scene in the sound novel i almost cry in hype and in the anime was a big bleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Unlike a lot of people, I don't mind the fact that they didn't keep every single line of dialogue
wtf nobody wants that, to say that we dislike that rosa scene last LESS THAN A MINUTE o the tea party mere seconds is not to ask EVERY LINE FROM THE SOUND =p
Old 2009-09-09, 17:51   Link #57
MarthX

Seriously. Like a 4 word scene matters that much to you?

The cow tit line was better and it's something they kept in.
Old 2009-09-09, 17:56   Link #58
Evy

Spoiler for Thoughts:

This episode gets a 7 from me.
Old 2009-09-09, 17:56   Link #59
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
Seriously. Like a 4 word scene matters that much to you?

The cow tit line was better and it's something they kept in.
not a single word, i refer to battler smashin beatrice head in the table too epic but leaving that apart i was almost crying from hype in that scene in the sound, i would like to know how the anime viewers fell in that scene (In the seconds it last hahaha)

PD: Is worst to take the NIPA AND FIGHTO words.
Old 2009-09-09, 18:04   Link #60
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemperor View Post
wtf nobody wants that, to say that we dislike that rosa scene last LESS THAN A MINUTE o the tea party mere seconds is not to ask EVERY LINE FROM THE SOUND =p
Considering there have been specific complaints about this or that line not being included, I don't think that was an inaccurate description on my part. I would reiterate my statement.

Like I previously wrote, it is a fact that many scenes were compressed, but even if they had spent a little more time on them it wouldn't necessarily mean including all the exact details, actions or poses from the visual novel either.

There has to be enough room for balance and compromise, even if we agree about this adaptation not being great.

Time management, rather than accuracy per se, is my greater concern here.
Closed Thread