AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-20, 08:20   Link #41
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

She is cute especially in the esp where she is called Kotomi-Chan.

A cute reaction that really caught my eyes.... Her reaction too and her action really amazes me in that .
Old 2007-11-29, 17:49   Link #42
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

On episode 10:

Do you think they've changed the game story a bit?
Old 2007-11-29, 18:11   Link #43
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Do you think they've changed the game story a bit?
I believe you'd be better discussing that topic in this thread:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...t=55257&page=2
Old 2007-12-02, 07:11   Link #44
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE... Lets liven up this thread..Our sweetheart is back...and lets not bully and scare her off

Lets celebrate the new arc of KOTOMI chan
Old 2007-12-03, 15:19   Link #45
Bankai29
Evenkurga wanna-be

I'm really curious how they are going to end Kotomi's arc...
Old 2007-12-03, 15:40   Link #46
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankai29 View Post
I'm really curious how they are going to end Kotomi's arc...
isn't it better that they NEVER end Kotomi-chwan's arc

the lass is too cute and adorable to have her arc end...ever.
Old 2007-12-03, 17:56   Link #47
Bankai29
Evenkurga wanna-be

Wahaahha...i would love that too...

I'm just thinking that maybe they would resolve it to a brother-sister relationship. I wanna see though that Kotomi has a chance against Nagisa...well...i wish...

Also thinking how many eps will the Kotomi arc have...

I wanna see Kotomi say..."I don't have a tail."

I wanna see how Kyou touches Kotomi...
Old 2007-12-05, 00:11   Link #48
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Has anyone listened to the Drama CD featuring Kotomi?

I want to talk with someone on it.
Old 2007-12-07, 02:38   Link #49
Bankai29
Evenkurga wanna-be

Kotomi Arc starts...I want a Kotomi end!!!

Obviously not gonna happen though...

If it's not Kotomi end, Kyou/Tomoyo are my 2nd/3rd choice. Nagisa 4th...

Does Kotomi lead all the girls in Vital statistics?
Old 2007-12-07, 02:45   Link #50
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
I think among the 5 girls, Kotomi and Tomoyo would be similar in terms of B size.
Old 2007-12-07, 09:52   Link #51
wontaek

Compared to Albert Einstein, who had some traits that resembles commonly known Autistic traits, and some professor who really were diagnosed with Autism when they were young, Kotomi is showing much more Autistic traits; lack of social interaction, abnormally intense focus on the task of interest, abnormalities in use and understanding of language, and unusual insensitivity to certain sounds. Kotomi definitely qualifies for Broader Autism Phenotype (BAP), and likely also qualify for the subset of BAP, Asperger's Syndrome (AS). The problem of this not being mentioned is the taboo in Asia where admission of any mental problem for someone is almost a death sentence for that person. If Kotomi was real person, the chance of their parents, who seems to have high social status, taking Kotomi to see a mental professional is almost nil, since Kotomi possesses mental capacity to excel in school, and most parents would prefer to avoid the shame and humiliation that will come to themselves in case of positive diagnosis, even if this would mean their child not getting proper social skills training needed for people with AS; In fact, most people in Asia would not even know that such therapy and trainings exists, and it would also be hard for them to access it anyway in Asia. I personally know a case of someone being formally diagnosed with severe Autism in USA, whose grandparents in Korea was in denial of this fact for many years. The social stigma against any mental disorder is enormous in Asia, and Key company would never confirm or deny whether Kotomi has Asperger's Syndrome, as such an admission will very negatively impact the marketability of the character.
Old 2007-12-07, 18:54   Link #52
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Compared to Albert Einstein, who had some traits that resembles commonly known Autistic traits, and some professor who really were diagnosed with Autism when they were young, Kotomi is showing much more Autistic traits; lack of social interaction, abnormally intense focus on the task of interest, abnormalities in use and understanding of language, and unusual insensitivity to certain sounds. Kotomi definitely qualifies for Broader Autism Phenotype (BAP), and likely also qualify for the subset of BAP, Asperger's Syndrome (AS). The problem of this not being mentioned is the taboo in Asia where admission of any mental problem for someone is almost a death sentence for that person. If Kotomi was real person, the chance of their parents, who seems to have high social status, taking Kotomi to see a mental professional is almost nil, since Kotomi possesses mental capacity to excel in school, and most parents would prefer to avoid the shame and humiliation that will come to themselves in case of positive diagnosis, even if this would mean their child not getting proper social skills training needed for people with AS; In fact, most people in Asia would not even know that such therapy and trainings exists, and it would also be hard for them to access it anyway in Asia. I personally know a case of someone being formally diagnosed with severe Autism in USA, whose grandparents in Korea was in denial of this fact for many years. The social stigma against any mental disorder is enormous in Asia, and Key company would never confirm or deny whether Kotomi has Asperger's Syndrome, as such an admission will very negatively impact the marketability of the character.
Spoiler for game insight:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2007-12-08 at 19:50. Reason: added spoiler tags... ~rf
Old 2007-12-07, 20:32   Link #53
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Spoiler for game insight:
Spoiler:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2007-12-08 at 19:50. Reason: added spoiler tags... ~rf
Old 2007-12-07, 23:34   Link #54
Liddo-kun
is this so?

I hope Kotomi's story arc is at least 4 or 5 eps long. Though it's probably shorter than that. ><
Heard somewhere that Fuko's arc was extended, and her arc is the second longest to Nagisa, so the other girls (Kotomi included) probably won't be getting as much attention.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2007-12-07 at 23:46.
Old 2007-12-07, 23:44   Link #55
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
To be perfectly fair, there are cases where mental trauma causes autism in an erstwhile perfectly normal person.

*shrug* Just pointing something out.
True, but it does not seem to be the case here, or at least not as serious as wontaek believes it to be.
Old 2007-12-08, 00:21   Link #56
Aznbanana

I have been fished.
Old 2007-12-08, 16:54   Link #57
Thentus

Location: Might as well waste five seconds of your life; Pennsylvania
Send a message via MSN to Thentus
Kotomi better be in every second of every episode if it's only for a few .
Old 2007-12-09, 05:15   Link #58
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
I found the Clannad Visual Fan Book. Loads of pictures and such. Plus vital statistics:

Nagisa:

155 cm, 43 kg
80-55-81

Kyou:

160 cm, 46 kg
82-56-82

Tomoyo:

161 cm, 47 kg
86-57-82

Kotomi:

160 cm, 48 kg
88-58-85

Fuko:

150 cm, 41 kg
78-54-79

Which makes Kotomi the undisputed leader in vital statistics of the main girls (Ryou's isn't listed since she's technically a side character). Her bust size is bigger, but the rest of her figure is more on the curvier side than the rest as well. Fuko.... best to say nothing.
Old 2007-12-09, 11:33   Link #59
Bankai29
Evenkurga wanna-be

OMG...Kotomi is one hot genius...now I can say that i'm somewhat dissappointed that the "Haruhi Kyou" scene was toned down...BOOOOOOOOO....
Old 2007-12-09, 11:39   Link #60
Joachim
et tu, brute?

man kotomi, there is a scar in her heart inside that moe look = ( man i wanna hug her lol

regarding girl's vital, kyou is only 82 ? i know tomoyo and kotomi is well built, but man kyou.. that bounce in op sequence.. thats not 82 bust size lol, my eyes played trick with me,then again its an official statement, meh = /
Closed Thread