AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-28, 22:28   Link #241
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
My copy of Newtype is here!

full page about DTB2 from NT(or was it posted already?)

WTF is this?
Old 2009-07-28, 22:39   Link #242
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
WTF is this?
Old news is what it is. (well, at least the picture displayed on the page is)

And please don't start anything about doom predictions or "sinking into moe-ness." You're quite a bit late for that train. Quite frankly, it would be arrogant for mere spectators like us to judge a whole series by one magazine scan. And there's this to counter it, anyway.
Old 2009-07-28, 23:11   Link #243
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Old news is what it is. (well, at least the picture displayed on the page is)

And please don't start anything about doom predictions or "sinking into moe-ness." You're quite a bit late for that train. Quite frankly, it would be arrogant for mere spectators like us to judge a whole series by one magazine scan. And there's this to counter it, anyway.
Fair enough. Darker than Black had some of the coolest characters in any anime ive seen such as November 11 and Wei. And its just confusing seeing the usual clumsy school kid and her friends as one of the characters. Completely different from the characters from the 1st season.
Old 2009-07-28, 23:36   Link #244
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Don't think someone who uses a sniper rifle as their choice of weapon can be considered "clumsy", unless by a front

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-07-29, 02:10   Link #245
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Don't think someone who uses a sniper rifle as their choice of weapon can be considered "clumsy", unless by a front

Hey Diazapam helps.

It worked for Solid Snake.
Old 2009-07-29, 02:41   Link #246
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Valium is good for small shakes and tremors, but not all-out dojikko-ism

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-07-31, 04:17   Link #247
Ziziphus
Whatever

Watched DTB a year ago and LOVED it.

However, as much as I'm interested in the awesome plot and other cool characters I must be honest and let you know that I watched it mainly for Hei. ( I know I'm just a typical fangirl ) So if the second season fails to bring my hero back and give him a good deal of action and development I think I won't be interested in it any more.

But then again I'll wait for the 1st ep to come out before judging anything. Still looking forward to it!
Old 2009-08-01, 17:55   Link #248
Sakabatou77

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziziphus View Post

However, as much as I'm interested in the awesome plot and other cool characters I must be honest and let you know that I watched it mainly for Hei. ( I know I'm just a typical fangirl ) So if the second season fails to bring my hero back and give him a good deal of action and development I think I won't be interested in it any more.

But then again I'll wait for the 1st ep to come out before judging anything. Still looking forward to it!

I'm sure Bones will have Hei and he will be part of the focus. It would be foolish not to do such a thing since they would lose their viewers. There have also been those other pictures with Hei and Yin, one of the picture with Hei behind the young girl. She will be an important part from what I have heard, but in what way? That there makes me want to watch it more.
Old 2009-08-02, 03:29   Link #249
Joe_fh

I don't think you'll see Hei in the first episode though.The new characters will probaly be introduced first.Only after that they'll have some kind of interaction with him.Well that's my take on it but who knows.You can't judje a series by a promotional poster(vary misleading in some cases) and only one episode.

So we talked about how moe it might be,which characters might be in it,how they'll all come together and why that cute girl is holding a big ass sniper rifle.Anything else left to talk about with the info we have?
Old 2009-08-02, 13:14   Link #250
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
So we talked about how moe it might be,which characters might be in it,how they'll all come together and why that cute girl is holding a big ass sniper rifle.Anything else left to talk about with the info we have?
Little tidbit on how cool that wee lass is, she seems to be using the Russian anti-tank rifle, PTRD-41 which from what gathered is not fit for a sniper rifle. I believe its near enough impossible to use as a proper sniper rifle.
If she's indeed using it as a sniper rifle and uses it to any great effect then no one can deny that she is awesome
I'm thinking she uses contractor abilities to help in this capacity.
Old 2009-08-02, 16:33   Link #251
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Remember how "clumsy" Hei was in his exchange student persona?

Yeah.

I'm not a big fan of killer loli girls with big guns, though. Every time an anime arc presented that specific archtype, I cringe and weather the storm, hoping it would be a mini-arc of some sort. It never was.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this has been talked about before, but will Kirihara make a return? Judging by the setting, she won't. I really hope she would, though.
Old 2009-08-02, 18:00   Link #252
Joe_fh

Well come on imagine what damage can an anti-tank rifle cause.
And I don't see how they can pull it off without her being a contractor.Sure they might be able to pull it out but she is too young to be a even close to the level of the other characters,let alone when they're using their powers.

About that rifle-as far as I know the only reason why it shouldn't be used as a sniper rifle is the low rate of fire really limited range(something close to 3 times that of a normal sniper rifle) and I imagine the high recoil.Since it's heavy I don't see her running around with it too.If I recall correctly all anti tank teams consisted of two people thus I imagine it's quite hard to carry around by only one person let alone a child.

There wren't many "kids with guns" types of characters.I can't recall even one.There were some young characters but they differed a great deal from the typical image of that type.
Most animes with killer lolis are funny animes and such.There are those type of characters in a couple of serious ones as well but that's getting off topic.

From waht is known this far we can't say anything about Kirihara.If the action takes place outside Japan maybe she wonn't participate since she is from a specific police department and not an international agent like November 11.But who knows?Maybe she decided to move up and got promoted to somthing that migh help her travel around the world and meet Hei again.Or they could run her story in paralel with Hei's and the rest but I highly doubt that
Old 2009-08-02, 20:39   Link #253
Sakabatou77

Whatever the case is with her using that anti-tank gun, it could do some damadge since I watched it being fired online; not to a tank now these days, but who knows what?

She might have the talent or ability to use it as a sniper rifle, or she's using it for other purposes; like maybe shooting people for whatever reason she has, or armored cars with perhaps big shot in it.

Who knows; except Bones. At least until October.

I don't like to second guess things because one: I'm terrible at it, and two: I get kind of disappointed it wasn't what I had thought. (And I'm probably going to be disappointed if it's not what I thought when I watch it.)

Oh well. After hearing what the anti tank gun is used for, and learning that it had been used in WWII, I'm so curious about that half Russian half Japanese girl and how she plans on using it.

I, myself hope that Misaki will be in it since I'm a Misaki/Hei shipper. I wouldn't see why Bones wouldn't put her in, unless something happened to her, or because of the location.

*Crosses fingers and hopes the next two months flies by fast.*
Old 2009-08-03, 10:50   Link #254
zizula

Young Gangan told some points of 2nd season early in the day.

1) Hei and Yin are leaving Japan?!
2)The Hell's gate still exists in Tokyo and contractor's cases being happen.
3)Not only the Syndicate, but several New Powers will come to have ulterior motives.
4)Kirihara will want to play against the dark side of plice while following contractor's cases.

You Kirihara's fans, put your heart at ease.
(Images are here.)

*I'm studying english now. I apologize if I had infelicitous expression.
Old 2009-08-03, 12:27   Link #255
Ziziphus
Whatever

My hope for this 2nd season is that it will help answer some major questions left in the 1st one. It may raise new questions as well though, but at least I want to know more about the gates, the dolls, what exactly happened to Hei's sister, etc...
Old 2009-08-03, 13:03   Link #256
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizula View Post
Young Gangan told some points of 2nd season early in the day.

1) Hei and Yin are leaving Japan?!
2)The Hell's gate still exists in Tokyo and contractor's cases being happen.
3)Not only the Syndicate, but several New Powers will come to have ulterior motives.
4)Kirihara will want to play against the dark side of plice while following contractor's cases.

You Kirihara's fans, put your heart at ease.
(Images are here.)

*I'm studying english now. I apologize if I had infelicitous expression.
thanks for that
Old 2009-08-03, 13:39   Link #257
dear4life
Contractor

That's great to hear Zizula!!
Old 2009-08-03, 17:18   Link #258
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

So is Kirihara going to be leaving japan too or is the story going to present itself from different viewpoints throughout the series?
Old 2009-08-03, 17:26   Link #259
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I wouldn't get your hopes up on Kirihara leaving Japan or playing the big role, most likely if we do get to anything from her it will be points at which Japan is mentioned and may show us few scenes from Japan involving Kirihara and co doing some police work.

Well not too long to wait now
Old 2009-08-04, 23:46   Link #260
BadtheGuy

Interesting, Darker than Black was one of my favorite original anime from the past few years. More Hei and Yin is greatly appreciated.

The promotion posters are nice, a lot of Hei/Yin closeness ftw. I'm only concerned that that Bullet hole shot doesn't foreshadow Yin dying. That would be so upsetting after seeing how far her character has come along with her and Hei's bond. I don't really think it has that meaning though (Hei doesn't look upset, Yin looks normal, there is no blood, the bullet's trajectory is toward Hei rather than Yin too). I would imagine it is pertaining to the fact that Yin and Hei are being targeted by everyone (as shown in the new manga and the end of season 1) and that girl is probably one of these people targeting them.

I never saw much towards the Misaki pairing. Personally I dislike her design and character but even so she seemed to go better with November 11 whom she had more chemistry with.

Yin and Hei formed a unique bond that's different from anything else. Their really the only one the other has. They really came across as two of a kind or soulmates even. Even if it isn't explicitly romantic, it's still a special and stronger bond than anything else. They're tied together. Time will tell whether that bond matures into something romantic.
Closed Thread