Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-14, 19:52   Link #181
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa Kirisame View Post
While I'm very glad that Bakemonogatari is doing so well, I don't think that its full marketing potential is realized at this point. It probably have nothing to do with the studios themselves, but it's very obvious that if Bakemonogatari start merchandising like Haruhi, Lucky Star, or K-ON, it's very possible that the revenue might increase 3-4 folds.

But whether mass merchandising like that is a desirable circumstance for the fans is a debatable subject.
Hmm...

What merchandise do you mean?
You mean figure merchandise?

I think that figure will not bring any income to studio, but instead to the producer like Aniplex in this case... CMIIW...

Besides, this is still early. For a non moe-type show to get a figure, normally it will takes 6 months to make a figure.

In case you dont know... Bakemonogatari Nendo Puchi is on scheduled to release sometimes in the future... Check previous page for its prototype...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 01:15   Link #182
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
I think that figure will not bring any income to studio, but instead to the producer like Aniplex in this case... CMIIW...
The studio is credited in the copyright declaration for the series, so yes, they will get the share from all merchandise made.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 10:33   Link #183
Dragon-Emperor
Hand of Ragnaros

Where did you guys purchase the Hitagi Crab DVD/BluRay from? (yes, I see the links in the first post; however I am just wondering who you guys trust the best and have had the best experiences with, as North American buyers).

As a Canadian, I would select 'Region 2', correct?

Also, how does the special edition DVD/Blu-Rays differ from the regular edition to justify the price increase? Is it the addition 'post card-like' inserts?

Finally, is there a difference between the Blu-ray limited edition and the DVD limited edition aside from what player supports them?

Thanks for your valuable time!
Dragon-Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 17:02   Link #184
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Any announcements or hints of an animation book with lineart etc.?
Old 2009-11-23, 04:22   Link #185
brocko

Does anyone know what the dvd schedule looks like? (are they released monthly or bi-monthly?)
So far only volumes 1 and 2 has been released, is this correct?

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 06:19   Link #186
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Once a month - they've started shipping the Suruga Monkey preorders already. The 2nd disk of Tsubasa Cat is due on Feb 24th.

Artbook wise, the only thing I've heard of is the Official Guidebook, which is meant to be a limited release. It was pretty much sold out at official retailers by the time I heard of it.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 06:20   Link #187
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

@Dragon-Emperor:
I'm from Germany, so I could speak as a North American Buyer, but I used Amazon.co.jp for ordering my Blu-ray LEs. In the past I also had good results with play-asia.com and yesasia.com.

The Blu-rays of Bakemonogatari are region free but Japanese Blu-rays should always run on North American Players because both are Code A.

The DVDs are probably region 2 and Canada is region 1.

I only own the LEs of the Blu-rays so I can't say anything about the contents of the other versions.

@brocko:
They are released monthly. Vol. 1 and 2 are available and 3 should be available in a couple of days.
Old 2009-11-23, 08:09   Link #188
sirn
田舎者言うな

I ordered Hitagi Crab and Suruga Monkey from CDJapan, apart from being delayed sometimes I have no problem at all. And looks like my Suruga Monkey Blu-Ray already arrived.

Contents between limited editions and regular ones are the same, both versions contains audio commentary as far as I know; the limited goods are opening singles and Shaft-traditional endcard illustrations.

Amazon.co.jp's delay is worse than many other stores though the discount sometimes worth it.
Old 2009-11-23, 09:59   Link #189
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
I ordered Hitagi Crab and Suruga Monkey from CDJapan, apart from being delayed sometimes I have no problem at all. And looks like my Suruga Monkey Blu-Ray already arrived.
Amazon.co.jp's delay is worse than many other stores though the discount sometimes worth it.
Wow...CDJapan ships real early!

@Dragon-Emperor:

I've never had a delay from Amazon.co.jp myself, unless an item's actually out of stock when I order it (they're terrible at estimating delivery times of such items). I've also heard that they've recently changed the way they mark the contents so that US residents might get customs charges for DVDs.

I've personally never used it myself, but I've heard that YesAsia is good if you're only buying one DVD at a time.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 10:29   Link #190
ickem
シェリルの為に!

I like that amazon.co.jp has changed how they ship things when you order stuff with different release dates. They now ship each disc as it is released with no additional charge even if you choose the ship in as few shipments as possible option. This is a nice change from when I bought the Macross Frontier discs.

I haven't gotten the email about delays from them yet so I hope mine ships on time this time.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 10:49   Link #191
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

I also experienced the same like ickem. I made a large order for some Bakemonogatari Blu-rays and some Haruhi DVDs and they seem to ship everything via express without an additional shipping charge one day before the official release. It normally takes ~3 days until it arrives.
Old 2009-11-23, 11:07   Link #192
sirn
田舎者言うな

Hmm, so it seems like they've changed their shipment since the last time I ordered something. Or maybe my last time was just out of luck that it went out of stock. Will try ordering Nadeko Snake from Amazon. Thanks for the info!
Old 2009-11-23, 14:28   Link #193
neshru

Quote:

Contents between limited editions and regular ones are the same, both versions contains audio commentary as far as I know; the limited goods are opening singles and Shaft-traditional endcard illustrations.
Any noticeable difference between the BD and the TV episodes? I remember hearing that the third arc would have new scenes added to the episodes, but it could have just been a rumor
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 14:50   Link #194
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

I think so far there are mainly cosmetical improvements, but many of them are quite apparent. This Japanese site has a comparison.

The previews were also replaced with previews that actually show content of the next episode.

I suppose that the third act will have more improvements because of the many missing scenes in the broadcasted version. I think they won't risk angry fans if the scenes are still missing. They now have too much to loose^^
Old 2009-11-23, 15:20   Link #195
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Any noticeable difference between the BD and the TV episodes? I remember hearing that the third arc would have new scenes added to the episodes, but it could have just been a rumor
Sorry, I wish I could do that, but I don't own a Blu-ray player and still haven't picked it up at the post office… though I'm sure there will be a comparison images tomorrow.

On a slightly related note, vol.4's audio commentary will be hosted by Sengoku Nadeko and Oshino Meme.
Old 2009-11-23, 16:28   Link #196
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Oshino and Sengoku? Awesome!

I want Bakemonogatari figures! XD

Last edited by Miyuki-ism; 2009-11-24 at 08:37.
Miyuki-ism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 04:36   Link #197
neshru

Quote:
Sorry, I wish I could do that, but I don't own a Blu-ray player
Why would you buy a BD if you don't own a BD player?
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 05:27   Link #198
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Why would you buy a BD if you don't own a BD player?
Partly for collection, but I'm going to buy a PlayStation 3 at later date anyway. From what I've gathered about the corrections; they seems to replace some of text cuts in the fighting scene with an actual fight.

Full version of Ambivalent World is also nice. I like it more than Kaerimichi.

Spoiler for Package:
Old 2009-11-24, 08:36   Link #199
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Partly for collection, but I'm going to buy a PlayStation 3 at later date anyway. From what I've gathered about the corrections; they seems to replace some of text cuts in the fighting scene with an actual fight.

Full version of Ambivalent World is also nice. I like it more than Kaerimichi.

Spoiler for Package:
Aw that's nice cover over there...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 08:37   Link #200
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Kanbaru's arc has got to be the most violent, can't wait for BD rips.