Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-04, 14:39   Link #1
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Gokusen (drama) discussion

First off... the other threads about this weren't discussing much about the actual show... so I decided to start up a thread here in the fansubs board to discuss this... if u want to check out the other thread, it is here:

Gokusen Live Action and Anime is here

this is the first time I ever watched a japanese drama... let me say that this was indeed different... I know there a lots of fans for this type of show... but I only took a chance cuz I enjoyed the anime so much and I was looking for a fix.. the first episode is alright... I never read the comic, but it seemed that the plot was sorta similar to the one in the cartoon but with some differences... the action is almost non-existent and the chan ho nam(young and dangerous movies) style students irritate the hell out of me.... it was less irritating when they were cartoons...

I think for me... it's gonna take a lot of getting used to... prolly gonna give it a couple more episodes...
Old 2004-06-04, 19:26   Link #2
donna8157

Yeah, it does have that kind of feeling to it. You should check out "Great Teacher Onizuka: Live Action." That's probably one of the best jdoramas out there. =)

Also I would recommend:

"Beautiful Life"
"Majo no Jouken" --> I haven't seen this yet.
"Long Vacation"
"Good Luck!"
Old 2004-06-04, 20:23   Link #3
Kyusaku
伝説なアンデッド

Send a message via AIM to Kyusaku
I felt Gokusen drama was a lot better than GTO drama. GTO drama gets a little too serious near the end, while Gokusen keeps its comedy til the end.
Old 2004-06-05, 17:32   Link #4
Bullsquat
Strange Love

The GTO live action drama is so campy its ridiculous. The acting is way over the top too. I didn't get to finish it of course. Maybe its got something to do with my extreme hatred of soap opera of any kind, except maybe 'El Alma Herida'.

Nevertheless, I'm still going to check out Gokusen Live Action simply because the girl who played Ring 0 is the lead actress in this production although she has a very different look here. Hopefully she gets to show her more attractive side as the show progresses.
Old 2004-06-25, 18:56   Link #5
donna8157

So is Aone going to sub the entire series? =D
Old 2004-06-26, 05:25   Link #6
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!

Campy schmampy! Erm, well ok a little campy but it was still great. And I got, erm "emotional" every time Tomoko had a big speech. The actress doing her was really good.

I really liked the first episode of Gokusen LA though. But I don't think I'm going to keep watching that unless AonE and FoB keep subbing it, since no one else seems all that reliable. As for other Jdrama, the only other show I've seen was Beautiful Life, which was campy to the 10th power, but still entertaining.
Old 2004-07-19, 16:50   Link #7
kaosrave

gokusen live action

hi guys, i know that there are gokusen anime fansubs all 13 episodes realessed, but i would liek to know did they release all the LIVE ACTION series, and where cna i get them. thank you.

~kaosrave.
Old 2004-10-30, 04:52   Link #8
donna8157

Gokusen Live Action

I think this drama series is great and so much fun to watch! Nakama Yukie acts as the perfect teacher and Sawada Shin aloof yet caring nature is great. There's a lot of chemistry between the characters and the comedy is fresh. I'm so glad that Aone and Fob are continuing to sub this series =D It's definitely one of the best JDoramas out there.
Old 2004-10-30, 06:38   Link #9
fairx
I'mdafootfuckin'masta!

when will the ep 3 barrier be broken..?
I'm talking about Prince, Amrayu and Fob..
Lol ..
Old 2004-10-31, 05:48   Link #10
CompShrink
getting in comps' heads

Send a message via AIM to CompShrink
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairx
when will the ep 3 barrier be broken..?
I'm talking about Prince, Amrayu and Fob..
Lol ..
Yeah, i was excited to see a new gokusen liste don suki, then realised it was just another group reaching 3. Though obviously I didn't expect Anbu/Fob to skip eps, I am awaiting ep 4+ with somewhat dwindling interest due to the rather large delay. Yeah, j-dramas are often released much slower than anime, but even so...
Old 2004-11-13, 00:31   Link #11
FromageTheDog
Sazabi

Gokusen (Live Action)

This is probably on the edge of acceptable, so mods feel free to relegate this thread to oblivion if you feel that is necessary; I just need to rant:

<rant>
You know, I'm as happy as the next guy that there is enough interest among fansubbers that this series continues to be fansubbed, but for pete's sake:

Everyone and their mother has already fansubbed eps 1-3. Why is anyone bothering anymore? If you have the time and resources to do this, make it worthwhile -- sub eps 4 onwards!
</rant>

- Fromage
Old 2004-12-07, 15:33   Link #12
donna8157

Gokusen Live Action Special is available for download at

www.d-addicts.com

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewt...er=asc&start=0
Old 2004-12-09, 02:02   Link #13
K_R
also known as K!

I was going to do this before deciding on Ebichu. I even got the 4 DVDs, then the other groups released episodes! AHRG.
Old 2004-12-09, 18:09   Link #14
ultrataro

You know, i like this show. I offered my services at one point to work on the show but was told they didn't need any help so i moved on to other projects. Oh well. I would like to see more of it. As far as saying it's the best dorama out there, that's going a bit far, it depends on your tastes. Many dorama fans go for more the romance or serious drama stuff & would feel this show is just silly. I on the other hand prefer the lighter, comedic, and/or school life dorama stuff so like this show. It's also quite over the top esp w/Ojou's superhuman strength & fighting, more so than GTO. The live action GTO could almost be called realistic in comparison. In some ways, I almost prefer the L/A Gokusen to the anime, I think it's lead actress.

Knowing my tastes, here are some other dorama that I've liked:
Beach Boys (quite a bit more serious, but not heavy melodrama. Great buddy show)
Water Boys, movie & TV, haven't had chance to watch 2nd season. Fairly typical school underdog sporting show. Silly, funny.
GTO (as mentioned. Movie was kind of not so good, you can skip it & not worry)
Naomi (female GTO. More over the top too, not as good. But Fujiwara Norika is hot)
Ikebukuro West Gate Park (In an unusual sequence, the L/A dorama preceded the manga. This one not as light or funny, but i liked it)
I forgot the name, there's one about a based on actual school formed in Hokkaido that took in trouble students.
Of course there's the Kinpachi Sensei series'. Those are pretty much drama though, not comedy. One of the later season's did introduce me to Ueto Aya & her wonderful pouty lips. She's one of the hot name youngsters right now.
Old 2004-12-26, 20:42   Link #15
FlyByNite

OMG someone subbed past episode 3!!!!

Thank you Sars! No longer will the first thing I think of when I think of SARS is a deadly virus...

Ep 4 was pretty good
Spoiler:
Old 2008-06-14, 22:16   Link #16
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
season 3 similar plot to first and second season? just different character?
Old 2008-06-18, 00:08   Link #17
ultrataro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindialai View Post
season 3 similar plot to first and second season? just different character?
Yes. Actually I skipped second season. Yukie is the teacher, new school, students. Kuma makes periodic appearances. It feels a bit tired and rehashed now, missing the comedic tension of her being found out as a yakuza heiress.
Old 2008-08-19, 06:57   Link #18
Aqualung
Ayukawa!!!

I love all three seasons. My only complaint is that none of the Yakuza show any ink. I've always loved irezumi tattooing. I currently have nine tattoos, with plans for at least five more. One of my tattoos is of Madoka, from KOR. Has anyone heard anything about a fourth season of Gokusen?

Closed Thread