AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-11, 00:24   Link #22461
Sumeragi
Banned

Analysis/Theories of the Darkness of the Level Fives:

1. Accelerator: Wanted to be powerful enough so no one would bother him.
2. Kakine Teitoku: Inferiority complex from always being second to someone.
3. Misaka Mikoto: Suicidal guilt over her Sisters being killed.
4. Mugino Shizuri: "Always at the top" snobbish hubris formed from her family situation
5. Shokuhou Misaki: Family problems contributing to mistrust of everyone (hence her forming of a clique).
6. Unknown (Male): Possibly problems from a female relative?
7. Sogiita Gunha: Uhm..... Has nothing but guts?
Old 2013-01-11, 00:26   Link #22462
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Maybe if Mikoto wasn't able to gather herself together after the events in the Sisters Arc, she would end up just like Mugino.
Come to think of it, both have a similar materialization of powers and a powerful family background.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-01-11, 00:33   Link #22463
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Analysis/Theories of the Darkness of the Level Fives:

2. Kakine Teitoku: Inferiority complex from always being second to someone.

4. Mugino Shizuri: "Always at the top" snobbish hubris formed from her family situation

5. Shokuhou Misaki: Family problems contributing to mistrust of everyone (hence her forming of a clique).
About Kakine, someone brought up a quote of something he had said before that had me thinking if he was suppose to represent a 'failed' Accelerator who didn't save Last Order....

About Mugino, it could be anything but given your track record thus far, I would say your is the safe bet

About Misaki, I believe she is meant to contrast Kongou... But that's all atm... I mean, they can't ALL have bad family right ?!
Old 2013-01-11, 00:36   Link #22464
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
AAbout Misaki, I believe she is meant to contrast Kongou... But that's all atm... I mean, they can't ALL have bad family right ?!
To quote myself from our discussions:

Quote:
I think it's more serious than that: Misaki WANTS Mikoto, but cannot possess the Ace because of her powers not working. It's likely something that goes beyond Kuroko's obsession, and the only reason it hasn't gone yandere is because Misaki is at heart a fragile little girl.

Why did Accelerator join up with the project? It was to basically protect himself. What if what Misaki is doing amounts to trying to escape from the reality of her fragileness, or perhaps family troubles? Think of the Takanashi family for a bit.
Admittedly, my Mental Railgun delusions probably colored the real analysis.
Old 2013-01-11, 00:44   Link #22465
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
To quote myself from our discussions:

Admittedly, my Mental Railgun delusions probably colored the real analysis.
I'm reluctant to strongly agree or disagree but who knows? We might be looking at Yozora-Sena mk II....

...Except in reverse... I think...
Old 2013-01-11, 01:20   Link #22466
Shadow5YA

I'm also hoping that we get more Mikoto-Misaki interactions. Misaki makes a nice frienemy.

Quote:

About Misaki, I believe she is meant to contrast Kongou... But that's all atm... I mean, they can't ALL have bad family right ?!
I thought she was meant to contrast Mikoto herself.
Old 2013-01-11, 01:24   Link #22467
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I thought she was meant to contrast Mikoto herself.
Well I went with Kongou because she had the whole 'true friends' character development way, way back... But I'm open to either one.
Old 2013-01-11, 02:14   Link #22468
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
I'm reluctant to strongly agree or disagree but who knows? We might be looking at Yozora-Sena mk II....

...Except in reverse... I think...
Oww... yes, the whole pictures on the roof and sniffing a wig.... I can so imagine Misaki doing that (With Mikoto as the unwilling victim)
Old 2013-01-11, 05:01   Link #22469
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
7. Sogiita Gunha: Uhm..... Has nothing but guts?
Has serious chuu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic View Post
She has one eye didnt she?...
Eyepatch^^

So cute ne?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
*Comes in praying really really hard that my copy arrives on time tomorrow.
Prays really hard mine arrives in Kino by next week...
Old 2013-01-11, 07:41   Link #22470
Ashaman

Quote:
About Kakine, someone brought up a quote of something he had said before that had me thinking if he was suppose to represent a 'failed' Accelerator who didn't save Last Order....
I think that mihgt have been me, bringing up this quote:

Quote:
“…She actually said no matter how dark or cold the world you are in, she’ll definitely bring you back?”

Kakine said with a face stained by blood.

The reason he attacked Yomikawa isn’t because she was in his way. From the beginning, Kakine’s eyes only had Accelerator. That slight hesitation, the slight hesitation in front of Yomikawa that he will step off the path of evil, was the reason he attacked Yomikawa.

To him, that hesitation, is the obstacle.

If Accelerator has given up evil, then just what has he himself lost to?

Because of that, Kakine Teitoku raged.

That’s impossible! How could it be that easy?! This is our world. This is the end of darkness and despair!! You babble on with fancy words, but at the end of the end, you rely on something like this. This is what you called ascetics?!”

A shattering speech. Lead by rage and ill will, the words that are illogical smashed against Accelerator’s body like blast waves.

In the end you are the same as me, unable to protect anybody. After this many more will die, killed by a mongrel like me. Isn’t that right, Accelerator!! Didn’t you also slaughter your way to where you are now!!”

Kakine shakily stood upright with his body stained by blood and grime.
Old 2013-01-11, 07:55   Link #22471
Stufu

Well I believe Kakine is a good man at heart but he's just obsess with being number 1....
well, if NT6 show the good side of him so that I conclude that myself
Old 2013-01-11, 07:56   Link #22472
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stufu View Post
Well I believe Kakine is a good man at heart but he's just obsess with being number 1....
well, if NT6 show the good side of him so that I conclude that myself
Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say he is a good person- but rather Evil has Standards.
Old 2013-01-11, 08:08   Link #22473
Stufu

Quote:
Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say he is a good person- but rather Evil has Standards.
LOL Accel fav. sentence, actually it's my fav. sentence in the series
Old 2013-01-11, 08:58   Link #22474
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

"Evil with standards" is something that would also fit Deishuu Kaiki from the Monogatari Series, interestingly.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-01-11, 09:31   Link #22475
Stufu

anyway, still no translation on NT6 right? I'm dying for it.. Tomorrow I really don't wanna go on a trip without hearing any update LOL
--------------------
I'm not hurry but too excited
Old 2013-01-11, 09:53   Link #22476
tsunade666

Its just Jan 11. The book has only been out for a day and you expect a translation already -_- be patient. There is no scan yet out in the net and the only other way for it to be translated is if js06 got his copy already and from what I remember he is not living in japan right? I only remember him from hayate in redhawk and translations in mangahelpers.
Old 2013-01-11, 09:57   Link #22477
Stufu

LOL I know I'm just too excited.. Well, I have a 3-day trip tomorrow and thinking about not touching computer or not hearing any update is really annoy me haha I wanna see Accel on action

Mr.Js06 our savior.. I hope he gets the book soon
Old 2013-01-11, 10:02   Link #22478
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stufu View Post
anyway, still no translation on NT6 right? I'm dying for it.. Tomorrow I really don't wanna go on a trip without hearing any update LOL
--------------------
I'm not hurry but too excited
Unless the Js06 has entered into maintenance period (since vacation is something to human and he has already surpassed this state) we have the volume 6 fully translated until the end of the month. so just relax and enjoy.
Old 2013-01-11, 10:07   Link #22479
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Pro-tip; To aru Majutsu no Index is probably the ONLY light novel series that the fans have no right to ask/complaint about translations updates
Old 2013-01-11, 10:33   Link #22480
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Well. To be fair, you can't translate something out of thin air, isn't it? IIRC js06 haven't gotten any form of NT6 available in his hands yet. And as far as I recall not even raws are out there in the wild (Internet) yet.

... Actually, Chaos, if you go by that statement, I'd drop the "no complaining about stuff you get for free" bomb anytime on anyone, and not just for Index...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen