Old 2014-09-17, 05:20   Link #61
RDNexus

According to Anime News Network, NHK listed LogHora2 at 25 episodes
Here's the link: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dail...pisodes/.78846
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 05:28   Link #62
Valky
Radioactive

Ah, right. I was on autopilot, I saw gosick on the first line, and just type it in the second line.

Btw, I haven't read volume 6 & 7 since I'm saving it after I watch the anime (in order not to ruin my expectation), do you think it's enough to end this series in 9 or maybe 10 volumes? (Assuming it does end at the same time as the anime like Gosick). Just answer it with yes or no. Thanks.
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 05:39   Link #63
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Ah, right. I was on autopilot, I saw gosick on the first line, and just type it in the second line.

Btw, I haven't read volume 6 & 7 since I'm saving it after I watch the anime (in order not to ruin my expectation), do you think it's enough to end this series in 9 or maybe 10 volumes? (Assuming it does end at the same time as the anime like Gosick). Just answer it with yes or no. Thanks.
Ending the story at vol 18 or 20 is the most likely. Shiroe have yet to find more pieces of the puzzle and put them together. Me think that he'll eventually need Nureha in addition of Kanami to do so.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 05:56   Link #64
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Ending the story at vol 18 or 20 is the most likely. Shiroe have yet to find more pieces of the puzzle and put them together. Me think that he'll eventually need Nureha in addition of Kanami to do so.
Whoa, really? Since Maouyuu ends at 5 (+3 extra) volumes, I kinda expect this one not that long either.
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 09:03   Link #65
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Hmmm, Mamare did say he planned to go for 15 volumes for the main story. Not counting the replay novels and other possible side-stories that may pop up in the future, as I understand.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 09:29   Link #66
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Are the replay novels rewrites the same way that SAO has had rewritten LNs?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 09:59   Link #67
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Are the replay novels rewrites the same way that SAO has had rewritten LNs?
Nope, they're totally new stories. To quote aohige:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Replay books are a tradition from Lodoss Wars days, where a group of players (selected by the official publisher, in Log Horizon case they got some writers and editors I believe. One of the player was the writer of Marginal Operation) sit down to play a campaign of the TRPG. Which is all recorded on voice recorder, then published in a book format. It's like reading a novel story where characters are both meta-aware (as players) and acting their characters. It gives you the whole feeling of how TRPGs work from the player POV, while enjoying a story from the character's POV as well.

Signature by liro
Old 2014-09-17, 11:34   Link #68
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
http://pf.nhk-ep.co.jp/detail_printable/1805

NHK seems to have confirmed 25 episodes for S2. However, all indications point that they're only animating volumes 6 and 7 ... who knows what the other episodes will be about. Perhaps some expansion on some other characters' sides, who weren't seen as much or at all in the light novel during those volumes.
Keep in mind, early promotional stuff tends to be heavily for material they'll be covering at the start, as that's what they're working on and can give information for. For example, the first season of Sword Art Online started with no indication that it would proceed past the Aincrad arc, but it did. The second season started with no official indication it would go past the Phantom Bullet arc, but it's clearly going to do so.

So for Log Horizon Season 2, it's no surprise that they'd be talking about and show casing things that'll show in in the first cour of the series. For that matter, given the director, assuming there's only one opening again, we'll probably know a lot more about how far the season will go from watching the opening than from any release of character designs.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 11:50   Link #69
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

To be honest, I do hope the opening this time would contain much less spoilers or hints than the good ol' Database OP. Building expectations and all is nice, but so is saving hints for surprises in the show proper.

Signature by liro
Old 2014-09-17, 12:46   Link #70
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I doubt they animate Volumes 6-7 only. Just that they don't show new characters early. And I read that Mamare planned 15 volumes for LH. So we won't see the ending this season unless he changed his mind.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 15:23   Link #71
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
To be honest, I do hope the opening this time would contain much less spoilers or hints than the good ol' Database OP. Building expectations and all is nice, but so is saving hints for surprises in the show proper.
Like I suggested, given the director is still Shinji Ishihira, it's basically a given that the opening will still contain lots of spoilers. Every opening for Fairy Tail has had varying degree of spoilers for what will be covered during the time that opening is in use, and the same held true for Log Horizon. I doubt he'll change for Log Horizon Season 2. So the best that can be done is to avoid pointing them out to people.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 18:48   Link #72
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Keep in mind, early promotional stuff tends to be heavily for material they'll be covering at the start, as that's what they're working on and can give information for. For example, the first season of Sword Art Online started with no indication that it would proceed past the Aincrad arc, but it did. The second season started with no official indication it would go past the Phantom Bullet arc, but it's clearly going to do so.

So for Log Horizon Season 2, it's no surprise that they'd be talking about and show casing things that'll show in in the first cour of the series. For that matter, given the director, assuming there's only one opening again, we'll probably know a lot more about how far the season will go from watching the opening than from any release of character designs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
I doubt they animate Volumes 6-7 only. Just that they don't show new characters early. And I read that Mamare planned 15 volumes for LH. So we won't see the ending this season unless he changed his mind.
I doubted that they'd only cover those volumes as well, but S1 covered five volumes. Even with Mamare's input, the anime is covering that same amount of material when there isn't that much to begin with; two volumes were published before the start of S2's production and a third is coming out barely a week before S2 airs.

And, as BucketHat pointed out (to me), even with Dragonhowl Mountains, that'd be only around four extra episodes. If they keep the chapter-per-episode format they've had, that's 10 episodes for the two volumes, maybe another 5 for Vol8, and then 4 for Dragonhowl. All the rest would have to be filler, unless they were adding WWB, HML, or Fortune, and all three of those are at S1 stuff.

Last edited by DQueenie13; 2014-09-17 at 20:20.
DQueenie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 04:16   Link #73
ramlaen

A teaser trailer
http://www9.nhk.or.jp/anime/loghorizon/2nd/movie/
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 04:27   Link #74
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
I doubted that they'd only cover those volumes as well, but S1 covered five volumes. Even with Mamare's input, the anime is covering that same amount of material when there isn't that much to begin with; two volumes were published before the start of S2's production and a third is coming out barely a week before S2 airs.

And, as BucketHat pointed out (to me), even with Dragonhowl Mountains, that'd be only around four extra episodes. If they keep the chapter-per-episode format they've had, that's 10 episodes for the two volumes, maybe another 5 for Vol8, and then 4 for Dragonhowl. All the rest would have to be filler, unless they were adding WWB, HML, or Fortune, and all three of those are at S1 stuff.
Are you even consider that Vol. 9 most probably will come before first half ends so they'll have enough time to adapt it? And there's a bunch of examples than LN volumes came almost in the same time than they were adapted because of authors involvement cause drafts are ready way before the novel comes in print.
Old 2014-09-20, 04:29   Link #75
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
Kanami confirmed.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 05:11   Link #76
SubaruSumeragi

According to http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-27024.html, Satelight is replaced by Studio Deen as animation studio.
SubaruSumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 05:14   Link #77
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Hope it's not true.
Old 2014-09-20, 05:19   Link #78
ramlaen

Seems like the only staff change is the actual animators.

To be frank the first season's animation quality was below what Deen is capable of, so I am not concerned.
Old 2014-09-20, 05:19   Link #79
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It's not really good news, honestly. We're talking about a series that may be funded by the government, but is also produced by a studio of "questionable" quality.

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 05:27   Link #80
ramlaen

Deen is one of those studios where they have made a bazillion shows but people only remember the handful of bad ones.