AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-12-16, 16:32   Link #201
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
When I was in my mid-teens, I was involved in a youth group that had an interesting little game. The game was to write a couple one-word descriptions for the person sitting next to you.

What I received was "opinionated" and "out-spoken". I was pretty shocked because it's not at all what I was expecting. It made me aware of something about myself that I had previously not noticed. That's how natural voicing my opinion on things comes to me - It's just "normal" to me.

So my personality at its worst is me getting very stubborn and long-winded in a debate. That sort of thing comes so naturally to me that I'm well into such a debate before I stop to realize it. And I will admit I can hold grudges sometimes. I bury hatchets, but you could say that I remember where I buried them.

I'll also admit that, in real life, I'm a bit lazy.
Old 2013-12-20, 02:26   Link #202
HasuMasu
*Artist

I thought I left my violent streak back in elementary, but I recently hit someone just for touching my glasses.
Old 2013-12-28, 23:29   Link #203
Dr. Casey

A post from Triple, followed by a post from Hasumi-chan. Bumping this thread was a good move. (The posts from everyone else were interesting too.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple
What I received was "opinionated" and "out-spoken". I was pretty shocked because it's not at all what I was expecting. It made me aware of something about myself that I had previously not noticed. That's how natural voicing my opinion on things comes to me - It's just "normal" to me.
That's a cute story. I was the complete opposite during my mid-teens, extremely shy and timid. I might give my opinion on something... if you asked me thirty-two or so times. If I was having a good day. And only if there weren't other people around.

Are both your parents likewise outspoken? (I think "opinionated" might be a slightly strong word from what I've seen on AnimeSuki, but 'outspoken' does fit.) I know you've described your dad as being similar to Valvrave's Shouko in his ability to relate to people, but that's not quite the same thing since you can be personable but still mild-mannered.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 10:29   Link #204
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuzu View Post
I thought I left my violent streak back in elementary, but I recently hit someone just for touching my glasses.
You should have been in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or Kyoukai no Kanata. It would have lead to some great scenes.

just kidding of course, hope you don't mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post

That's a cute story. I was the complete opposite during my mid-teens, extremely shy and timid. I might give my opinion on something... if you asked me thirty-two or so times. If I was having a good day. And only if there weren't other people around.
By the way, this is why I couldn't get into Watamote. I couldn't relate to the female lead at all. A certain degree of shyness and a sense of social inadequacy I can relate to (like, say, Haru in Accel World), but Watamote's lead character took it to an extreme that's just alien to me.

Quote:
Are both your parents likewise outspoken?
I would say so. Dad is pretty mild-mannered when not arguing with my sisters.
Old 2013-12-29, 11:04   Link #205
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
You should have been in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or Kyoukai no Kanata. It would have lead to some great scenes.
It's fine, but unfortunately I don't get it.
Old 2013-12-29, 11:53   Link #206
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

When i'm in a bad mood, I tend to get angry when people keeps asking me the same question over and over again.

An example happened when i went to a cafe with my family to eat. I wanted to order spaghetti but my sisters kept bothering if i wanted to try the cafe's new special. Even though i told them i made my choice, they still kept asking me if i wanted to order the special which ticked me off that i told them angrily they shouldn't bother me which they in turn call me rude. (They were half right since my voice could be heard by the cafe's staff but they were oblivious that they were also being rude to me as well.)
Old 2013-12-30, 04:47   Link #207
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
When i'm in a bad mood, I tend to get angry when people keeps asking me the same question over and over again.
Oh god this. Except I don't even have to be in a bad mood, it's just a thing in general. My dad especially has a tendency to not really listen and so asks the same question over and over (mom takes the brunt of it )

And working in retail isn't the best choice for it either...

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 16:19   Link #208
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasu-chan View Post
I'm still glad you didn't get in trouble for that You might've made him fall in love with you if he's secretly an M though, take responsibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple
I would say so. Dad is pretty mild-mannered when not arguing with my sisters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist
An example happened when i went to a cafe with my family to eat. I wanted to order spaghetti but my sisters kept bothering if i wanted to try the cafe's new special. Even though i told them i made my choice, they still kept asking me if i wanted to order the special which ticked me off that i told them angrily they shouldn't bother me which they in turn call me rude.
Seems like sisters are oftentimes trouble. That restaurant story would've annoyed me too if I was already feeling bad.

To add a little bit to my last "ugly things about my personality" post, though I'm generally a pleasant person that's easy to get along with, I have certain triggers that, when activated, make me about as moody as a human being can possibly get. This is much more obvious offline that online; I try to isolate myself when I'm in these kinds of moods, which is completely possible online but not always an option offline, because I become so incredibly volatile that it wouldn't take much at all for me to go postal. I become a completely different person whenever I have these trigger-induced mood swings, and once I'm in a calmer frame of mind I find it hard to believe I overreacted so much because my response was so incredibly disproportionate to the incident itself. They've declined a lot over these past 2-3 years, though, in duration, severity, and frequency.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 05:25   Link #209
HasuMasu
*Artist

Right after it happened he told me he'd pay it back after school, but it never happened and he's a lot more mellow around me now.

The teacher who was in the room at the time thankfully ignored it.
Old 2014-01-02, 08:06   Link #210
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I drive really slow in the ultrafast lane While people behind me are going insane
I use public toilets and piss on the seat
I walk around in the summertime saying "How about this heat?"
Sometimes I park in handicapped spaces while handicapped people make handicapped faces

You know what I'm gonna do?
I'm gonna get myself a 1967 Cadillac, El Dorado convertible
Hot pink with whaleskin hub caps and all leather cow interior and big brown baby seal eyes for headlights, YEAH
And I'm gonna drive around in that baby at 115 mph getting one mile per gallon,
sucking down quarter pounder cheese burgers from McDonald's in the old fashioned non-biodegradable Styrofoam containers

And when I'm done sucking down those grease ball burgers I'm gonna wipe my mouth with the American flag
And then I'm gonna toss the Styrofoam container right out the side and there ain't a goddamned thing anybody can do about it

....... the fact I find Dennis hilarious is probably a sign I'm an asshole too.