AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you feel sorry for Orihime?
Yes 93 28.88%
A little 36 11.18%
Hell no 121 37.58%
Meh other characters have suffered more. 65 20.19%
Other 7 2.17%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-07, 14:49   Link #221
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

i would do everything i can to save that person or go into a crazy rage and either get myself killed or kill the other person.
Old 2009-04-07, 22:37   Link #222
ginran
~Smile~

But I think one of the main things with Orihime is that, by nature, she is "a lover not a fighter" type of person. Its not in her nature to become violent and jump at the person looking to kill them. But that in itself seems to be what a lot of people hate on her for.

Anyways, I do feel sorry for her. But I also feel sorry for the other characters that have their own problems(which makes a majority of the cast right now...XD) So, while I'm not singling her out and making her out to be "the most tragic character", I have to feel bad for her. She's a sweet and innocent person who is in a situation where that isn't very helpful, but she has a hard time being confident enough to change that about herself. And I get that her lack of self-confidence also bothers people, but think of it this way for the current situation at least:

Spoiler for Manga Spoiler:

Keep in mind that Im not trying to force you to like her. You have your opinion, I have mine, its all good. Im just trying to show things from a different pov.

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
Old 2009-04-07, 23:54   Link #223
ipernorris

The only good thing Orihime is well at is as a subject for doujinshi...
Old 2009-04-08, 00:34   Link #224
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
^^agreed. ever true to her name...pet sama. nnoitra is a genius
Old 2009-04-08, 02:42   Link #225
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
i would do everything i can to save that person or go into a crazy rage and either get myself killed or kill the other person.
Sure you would, how many life and death situations have you been that has put you in dire rage?

We all like to think we become the incredible hulk when the situation calls for it. But lets be realistic, the natural human reaction is either paralysis in shock and pain, or self preservation.

So you're either blubbering and choking on your snott, or peeing your pants while trying to find a way out so you won't die too.
Old 2009-04-08, 03:29   Link #226
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

it's not about becoming the hulk. it depends on the individal.

and thats beside the point. she is a 2d character. with godly powers.

Last edited by kayote; 2009-04-08 at 03:56.
Old 2009-04-10, 01:55   Link #227
Ichimaru

shes a burden in the series.....

i hate it everytime she calls out ur name, and all of a sudden you get a powerup out of nowhere....
Old 2009-04-10, 02:38   Link #228
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
shes a burden in the series.....

i hate it everytime she calls out ur name, and all of a sudden you get a powerup out of nowhere....
lmao, she has the power of plotkai on her side
Old 2009-04-10, 02:46   Link #229
WhiteWings

Or the power of fan-love & fan-hate. Neither side is gonna let her quit so easily.

I still find it hard to believe in the difference between the Orihime in the beginning and the Orihime right now. I know a lot has happened but they are almost two very different people. All the other characters are more or less the same.
Old 2009-04-11, 03:49   Link #230
noven

Send a message via AIM to noven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam E View Post
No. I reject characters when I feel authors are trying too hard to make me pity them. This is the case with Orihime.
i think this sums up the reason why alot of people end up jumping on the Orihime hate wagon. KT insists the pity role on her character too strongly and too often. I wish he would just let her character develop more (although she has come a VERY long way since the days of the rescue rukia arc). This is KT's chance to finally make a compelling character out of her.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-04-11, 04:52   Link #231
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
Or the power of fan-love & fan-hate. Neither side is gonna let her quit so easily.

I still find it hard to believe in the difference between the Orihime in the beginning and the Orihime right now. I know a lot has happened but they are almost two very different people. All the other characters are more or less the same.
Its because Inoue is the only character that has character development in all of bleach.

Everyone else is still the same as they was from the beginning, the only thing that changed with most of the characters is how they view one another. Its a "I don't hate you anymore, lets be friends" type of deal, rather than an actual character change.
Old 2009-04-11, 14:19   Link #232
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post

Some of that is probably due to the plot of Bleach becoming more serious than it was in the early days rather than an actual change in Orihime's personality. HM arc is darker than the SS arc so it makes sense that everyone is being a little more serious. But Ichigo, Ishida and Chad have always been on the stoic side. Orihime is really the only an example of a typical cheerful high-school student who's been suddenly been forced into a serious conflict, so the difference in how they act in serious situations as opposed to just hanging out at school is going to be most noticeable with her.

Old 2009-04-11, 14:35   Link #233
saffy
English Butter

Aww at least its making everyone obsessed with orihime, that must be a good thing.

I absolutely agree with Hayashi -

Who do you know is more realistic and has had more character development than Orihime?

Spoiler for mangaaaa:

Im also wondering if anyone's opinions about her have changed since the latest chapter.
Old 2009-04-11, 15:12   Link #234
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
^not mine. she's the top hated character for me
Old 2009-04-11, 18:50   Link #235
noven

Send a message via AIM to noven
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Its because Inoue is the only character that has character development in all of bleach.

Everyone else is still the same as they was from the beginning, the only thing that changed with most of the characters is how they view one another. Its a "I don't hate you anymore, lets be friends" type of deal, rather than an actual character change.
Do you honestly think that there has been no other character development in bleach aside from Orihime? That's either blatantly arrogant or pitifully ignorant.
Old 2009-04-11, 21:32   Link #236
Falcen7

Not at all.
Old 2009-04-12, 01:51   Link #237
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noven View Post
Do you honestly think that there has been no other character development in bleach aside from Orihime? That's either blatantly arrogant or pitifully ignorant.
If you're going to make this comment, then give some examples as proof.
Old 2009-04-12, 01:56   Link #238
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post

I think Rukia also had her portion of development in the soul society arc, but besides that, i have to agreed.
Old 2009-04-12, 02:09   Link #239
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
If you're going to make this comment, then give some examples as proof.
Rukia became more willing to live after Ichigo saved her, Renji gave up his pessimistic way of thinking and tried to save Rukia by himself after understanding Ichigo, Ishida stopped being as narrow-minded about the shinigami hatred after battling Ichigo, Tatsuki and his school friends started doubting him in the vizard arc, Byakuya changed his lifestyle of enforcing the law with an iron fist, and the Nel trio stopped considering shinigami the enemies of hollows.
Well,the comment wasn't mine but you can't seriously think that bleach revolves around Orihime and Ichigo.
Old 2009-04-12, 04:29   Link #240
Kuroda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Rukia became more willing to live after Ichigo saved her, Renji gave up his pessimistic way of thinking and tried to save Rukia by himself after understanding Ichigo, Ishida stopped being as narrow-minded about the shinigami hatred after battling Ichigo, Tatsuki and his school friends started doubting him in the vizard arc, Byakuya changed his lifestyle of enforcing the law with an iron fist, and the Nel trio stopped considering shinigami the enemies of hollows.
Well,the comment wasn't mine but you can't seriously think that bleach revolves around Orihime and Ichigo.
Rukia started everything,Stuff can't possibly revolve around Orihime and Ichigo.. so I agree with you there. (not trying to ship anything here) but the plot did start with Rukia helping Ichigo. as for feeling sorry for orihime, I guess shes suffered quite a bit, but nothing compared to rukia in the SS arc having her own friends wanting to kill her, much less her brother... I don't feel sorry for her.

Last edited by Kuroda; 2009-04-12 at 08:41.
Closed Thread