AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-15, 20:53   Link #121
JediNight
キズランダム

Btw her name is JOE, not JO. Lunar apparently didn't deem it necessary to actually check the *official website* for names and background info. That is the first thing any group should do if they want an accurate translation and release...
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 21:02   Link #122
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
Btw her name is JOE, not JO. Lunar apparently didn't deem it necessary to actually check the *official website* for names and background info. That is the first thing any group should do if they want an accurate translation and release...
Ahem... From Ep 1:

JO is how they spell it in the anime. Call it a mixup by Gonzo.
Old 2004-04-15, 21:06   Link #123
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight

True, i'm influenced by Lunars subs and how the actually pronounce her name.
But i have to say that JO just fits a whole lot better than JOE.
Have you ever seen the official names of some Gundam Seed characters...they were major brain farts, and i still refuse to use them. Be it official or not, as long as the idea is conveyed i'm fine with it.
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 23:21   Link #124
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mina
At first I have to say I really like the show it's kinds cool, but it's REALLY FUNNY there are some people in this forum saying Meg and Jo are NOT similar to Rei and Asuka. At first when I watched the first episode I was totally pised off, because I hate it when characters are just stolen (like in Cosprayers *aww*), but now I'm okay with it, they gave Jo/Rei this Berserker-Touch and that's pretty cool ^_^
But here now just a little picture for you...I think they are totally the same
Err... exactly from the picture you provided, it looks they are not similar after all... they are as different as any two different anime characters can get, if that says something

Besides they have completely different personalities... and that's the important part.

and her name is Jo in the advertisement in episode 1, so I guess either Jo or Joe should be fine.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 02:02   Link #125
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
and her name is Jo in the advertisement in episode 1, so I guess either Jo or Joe should be fine.
Come on people, its simple, both are acceptable!

It was the same thing as Gungrave's Brandon/Blandon (both names appeared as well in the anime ).
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 03:27   Link #126
Lucier
Lunar Translator

Jo looks better + it says Jo *IN* the episode...
The site designer probably just misunderstood...

Mr. Jedinight, perhaps you should research more yourself before attacking our hard work...
Lucier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 07:16   Link #127
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucier
Jo looks better + it says Jo *IN* the episode...
The site designer probably just misunderstood...

Mr. Jedinight, perhaps you should research more yourself before attacking our hard work...
Yeah, with Jo being a girl I think dropping the 'e' for the spelling is more appropriate. Girls I've met who were named Jo almost always had the 'e' dropped in the spelling, which was a lot of times how I could tell apart a female Joe from a male Joe. This might not be a universal thing, but it's from my experience.
Gold_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 11:57   Link #128
Airnest

This series is really GANGSTA.

I didn't expect ep.2 to be available any time soon, Great fansubbing job by Lunar.
Airnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 19:49   Link #129
Gorksnip

I've only seen 2 episodes but I can tell you this show is the shiznee, bra! Damn, hot chicks galore, you know what I mean. I think this is by far the best show to come out this year!
Gorksnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 20:02   Link #130
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airnest
This series is really GANGSTA.

I didn't expect ep.2 to be available any time soon, Great fansubbing job by Lunar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorksnip
I've only seen 2 episodes but I can tell you this show is the shiznee, bra! Damn, hot chicks galore, you know what I mean. I think this is by far the best show to come out this year!

Congratulations to both of you, you passed the initial test. You may now deem yourself worthy of being proud fans of our beloved Baku Ten show. Rejoyce brothers and sisters and let us all show our appreciation for the brilliant Lunar fansub jobs so far.^^
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 22:50   Link #131
BOZZY

Quote:
However one thing he's better than Akito Tenkawa is the variety of food he can cook... at least he can cook more than just Ramen... one of the fun things could be guessing what food he cooks for the girls in each episode
Funny that you mention Nadesico's Akito... Kyohei is voiced by the same actor, Yuuji Ueda...

I am wondering about Lunar's sub for episode 2... What exactly was up with that "Noh" = "Ah, I seerebrum" line?
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 00:44   Link #132
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZZY
I am wondering about Lunar's sub for episode 2... What exactly was up with that "Noh" = "Ah, I seerebrum" line?
that line is "nou?" which should be "brain?", I guess the "Ah, I seerebrum" is some messed up TS or something.
Old 2004-04-18, 01:27   Link #133
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

Quote:
that line is "nou?" which should be "brain?", I guess the "Ah, I seerebrum" is some messed up TS or something.
seerebrum...cerebrum...brain?

I'm guessing that's what it is...maybe it's a joke?
Gold_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 02:49   Link #134
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
I concur the line is "Nou?"->"Brain?".

It is a mistranslation but how did they mistranslate it into seerebrum? What the heck is seerebrum? You certainly cannot find it in a dictionary...
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 03:02   Link #135
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
I concur the line is "Nou?"->"Brain?".

It is a mistranslation but how did they mistranslate it into seerebrum? What the heck is seerebrum? You certainly cannot find it in a dictionary...
Hmm... maybe one of the translator wanted to translate it to "Ah, I see", while another wanted to translate it to "cerebrum", so they finally reached a compromise and make it "Ah, I seerebrum"
Old 2004-04-18, 04:11   Link #136
Lucier
Lunar Translator

I'm not the TL of bakuten...
I'm guessing it's a play on the word "cerebrum"... I doubt such an odd mispelling would pass by all the editors and QC team... (seems almost intentionally mispelled)
->
cerebrum

n : anterior portion of the brain consisting of two hemispheres; dominant part of the brain in humans

which nou does mean...
Lucier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 04:20   Link #137
Boxy

Send a message via MSN to Boxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZZY
Funny that you mention Nadesico's Akito... Kyohei is voiced by the same actor, Yuuji Ueda...
Serious? Mad! I love this new show even more now, it has a very Nedesico feel to me.

Props to Lunar For subbing it with such speed. I hope the continue the trend.
Boxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 04:22   Link #138
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucier
I'm not the TL of bakuten...
I'm guessing it's a play on the word "cerebrum"... I doubt such an odd mispelling would pass by all the editors and QC team... (seems almost intentionally mispelled)
->
cerebrum

n : anterior portion of the brain consisting of two hemispheres; dominant part of the brain in humans

which nou does mean...
Hmm... have you watched Lunar's release of baku-ten 2? How could "Ah, I seerebrum" be a play on the word "cerebrum"? what does "Ah, I seerebrum" mean anyway? It sounds like you haven't really watched it and are just "guessing" stuffs here?
Old 2004-04-18, 07:33   Link #139
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Ahem... From Ep 1:

JO is how they spell it in the anime. Call it a mixup by Gonzo.

Maybe you should call all of Chrno Crusade by gonzo a big mix up where you see characters names and town name change spelling on screen in the same episode.

Take Care
Sakaki-
Sakaki- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 12:34   Link #140
BOZZY

Quote:
Hmm... have you watched Lunar's release of baku-ten 2? How could "Ah, I seerebrum" be a play on the word "cerebrum"? what does "Ah, I seerebrum" mean anyway? It sounds like you haven't really watched it and are just "guessing" stuffs here?
I did watch the whole episode and I was just like WTH when I saw that sub after Meg was saying that the cybot has a brain in it to Jo...
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote