AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-01-01, 05:01   Link #49781
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

My voyage dissects the course of time
"Who knows?" you say
But are you right?
Who searches deep to find the light
That glows so darkly in the night
Toward that point I guide my flight.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 05:03   Link #49782
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Dropped prose for poetry?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 05:05   Link #49783
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Dropped prose for poetry?
- Nope. that's actually the LYRICS for the Doctor Who theme, and now that I've read it...ideas, ideas, ideas...PLOT BUNNIES!!!

As fingers move to end mankind
Metallic teeth begin their grind.
With sword of truth I turn to fight
The satanic powers of the night.
Old 2014-01-01, 05:29   Link #49784
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Yeah... Tried to get into dr. Who. Never succeeded.
Old 2014-01-01, 05:32   Link #49785
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Yeah... Tried to get into dr. Who. Never succeeded.
It mostly doesn't appeal to non-european people. I know most Filipinos hate it because it's more think-scifi-humor than OVEREMODRAMASOAPPRINSESANGLIWANAGNAWALANGHANNGANGO DSAVEUSPO.

In short: It's not really appealing to anime fans or fans of US-style sci-fi. It's very british, which is why majority of the Whovian fans outside of England are (no surprise) Australian.
Old 2014-01-01, 05:34   Link #49786
demino_hellsin
That one guy

More like itbs so overconvoluted that I think they're trying to see how far they can stretch their arm behind themselves and around the world just to pat their own back.
Old 2014-01-01, 05:37   Link #49787
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

...well, I can see why you hate my writing.

Jesus H Christ, if Doctor Who is convluted, then my fic-writing is practically a Quantum Physics course.
Old 2014-01-01, 06:30   Link #49788
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
At first there was only one wildcore user under PROPHET. The two of them were more or less a team. She would kee his sister alive and he would fight for his sister's sake. Using his unhappiness with his sister's situation, he resonated his desire to change with wildcores. This went on for a bit, but soon he lost the power to use wildcores. The reason is because the wildcore user had grown fond of PROPHET, despite her using his sisterbs body, despite PROPHET being no more than a wildcore, he fell in love with her. He was content and no longer held the drive that synchronized him with the wildcores. PROPHET suddenly began to grant the ability to safely use wildcores to many people. She retired the first wildcore user she commanded, and he could do nothing but follow her command. Unbeknownst to the two, PROPHET had unconsciously developed feelings for the wildcore user as well. PROPHET gave the right to anyone with the slightest aptitude to lessen the burden on the first wildcore user, to ease his guilt and leave the battles be. But he stayed by her side, even if only as an attendant. Eventually PROPHET came across a curious existence, a young man who could pilot IS. His potential was unique and she was convinced he would succeed where the hundreds she had gifted before failed. So she personally guided him, for the sake of the first wildcore user. But as they continued this teacherjstudent relation, PROPHET realized she had fallen for the young man and was confronted by her feelings for the first wildcore user as well. Due to jealousy, the first wildcore user regained his desire to change and therefore his powers as a wildcore user.

TL;DR

Typical Ichika.

-_-

Wait! So does that mean we are going to have a No-Aim Ichika at some point? Basically PuToTyra.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 07:09   Link #49789
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Prologue
“Welcome, passing through traveller. So, what bring you to this particular World?... I see, purely accident... Oh well, Fujin must has had a reason to bring you here. So, welcome! My name is Tabane Shinonono, World’s Greatest Scientist!... Hey, don’t roll your eyes like that! You don’t believe me?... These Bunny Ears? Let’s just say that it has more uses than what your eyes deceived you. Anyway, you must have been wondering why you are here?... To listen to my extraordinary tale of the Holy Solar Crusade, of course!... You don’t know what is it?... Fine, then let me explain a bit of backstory first:

You see, since Human first made its intellectual decision, Worlds after Worlds after Worlds were born, each carries a branch of Time, Space and Events of its own. For each of our choice, one new realm was created. How many worlds?.... Infinity, and beyond it. For example, you have an ordinary family in this world, and the one next to it, your mother died in childbirth. But the one next to it, you never had the chance to leave the womb.... I know, it’s a sad true that it seems from the day you came into Human-hood, your existence is simply a string of events that didn’t lead to your demise. But the problem lies not in your Past, but your Future instead. Remember I said that Worlds born from our choice? You, as well as each of us, hold the key to what will happen next: Annihilation, or Rebirth?

For my origin world. Magic and Science is one, called “Alchemy”. Here, let me demonstrate to you... Ta Da!!! I told you that my ears are very, very useful, especially in Accessing the 4th Dimension!... Continue! Here lay several countries, each has its foundation from Legends and Myth, of Gods and Heroes. For an indefinite period of time, Humanity and several other Intelligent Species enjoyed Peace and Prosperity. But then, one day... A long forgotten Calamity fell upon us. The Dark Tribal, consider of Fangires and their mindless subordinates raised their bloody banner and conquer piece and piece of our land. Blue Pure Sky turned Crimson Red Blood, as armies of Ghouls, Skeletons and other type of Monsters relentlessly laid siege to every of our Strongholds. Human, Fairies, Manaketes, Tanguels,... united and strike back Valiantly. However, the Dark Tribal had a secret weapon: ParaSOL System, Able to Manipulate Environment itself. From then, The Sun, Fangire’s most fatal weakness, was never seen again, and we all fell into enslaved by those Bloodsucking Devils...

Human and their Allies, despite all of their disadvantage, managed to rise once more, under the Flag of the Amaterasu. Spearheaded by the Chosen Few, their Holy Crusade lasted for years and spread all over the world, from the Three Holy Mountains of Fuji, Tate and Haku; to Von Braun, Dark Tribal’s Sanctuary on the Dark Side of the Moon. And after a lot of Long, Gruesome Skirmishes, Son and Daughters of Light finally defeated the Children of Darkness... Their Chronicle starts here, with a little Junk making its way through the Sea of Mist. Are you ready for impact?

“Where am I?”

The first thing that greeted Ichika Orimura when he awoke from his slumber, were wooden planks upon his head. The unmistaken smell of salty water crept into his nose, and sounds of continuous harsh waves and footsteps overhead filled his eardrums. Surround him were dozens of people, all whom were asleep soundly on the uncovered wooden floor. Being the only one wearing Hanten, the confused 7-year-old stood out like a sore thumb.

“Right, the ship... But where is Chifuyu-nee?”

Ichika groggily made his way to the upper deck, all while trying his best not to disturb the sleeping people around him. They all looked ragged exhausted with their clothes in stitches stained with water, dirt and what seems to be dry blood. Even though they had fallen deeply in the Realm of dreams, the feeling of pain continued to torment them, as some people groan and even screamed once in a while. This scene could be best described as hell on earth, epitome of Human Despair and Misery.
“Chifuyu-nee... Where are you?”

“I’m here.... Ichika, why don’t you just stay down there and sleep?"

“I’ve had enough of sleep... Chifuyu-nee, have the bad guys leave us alone?”

Standing before the boy now was the figure of his sister, Chifuyu Orimura. A teenage girl in her 15 or 16, she only wore a ragged shirt, barely enough to shield her from the cold wind. Chifuyu’s black hair as well as her body was soaked with sea water, as evidenced by a thin layer of white salt. Her usual sharp eagle like eyes was now a soft motherly one for the young boy in front of her. Chifuyu then advert her gaze to the white haze surrounding the area, trying to making sense of what is behind these mysterious white fog to no avail.

After all, the Sea of Mist is notorious for the thick layer of mist that obstructs all view of what is behind it. This strange, all-year phenomenon was caused by a never-expected abnormality: Boiling Lava running under the seabed full of magma rock. It’s said that this site is the Holy Ground where the Goddess of the Sun, Amaterasu once rested here after the Earth-shaking battle with her brother, Yamata no Orochi, the Eight-Forked Serpent. Even now, the Nippon people still believe that the reason for the lack of sun is due to Amaterasu still sleeping here, and one day she will return with her glorious light which will wipe out these Dark Creatures from this world. That is the past, but for now, it looked like the Goddess would not and cannot help these ships which dare to enter her domain. Pieces of wreaking boats still appeared on the nearby seashore from time to time.

But that is what made this place perfect for these runaway people. They once lived in the village of Kamiki, central of Nagoya prefecture, exactly where the battle between Susanno and his sister, Amaterasu to Orochi happened. A Temple is, or was, placed there and the village was considered a Holy Place for the people of Nippon. After the downfall of Chrysanthemum Throne, the Vampires ordered their Monsters to burn and kill the whole village. Many villagers fought valiantly, but their enemy is like a Swarm of Locust, with every one killed, another rose to take its place. And so, Chifuyu, the late Village Chief's daughter made an unthinkable decision: To abandon their home. Now, the winds had carried them to this place in their run for their lives, the last place that they think could house their future.

“I think so... But we must be careful. There is always a chance of something even more dangerous than those Monsters.”

“Chifuyu-nee... Will we meet Otou-san and Oka-san?...”

For the first time, sorrow animated on the mature girl’s face, as she heave a long sigh, and pulled her brother in a tight embrace, both trying to shield her brother from the pain of losing their parents, and yes, also to strengthen her own courage with Ichika. Her eyes slowly became red, but she struggled to hide her tears.

“... Yes, Ichika, Otou-san and Oka-san are waiting for us....” She then gripped her brother’s shoulders tightly, all while forcing herself to smile. “In the meantime, would you promise to act nice? If not, I might tell Otou-san to punish you!”

“No! I promise to be nice! Please don’t talk bad about me in front of Otou-san!”

“Ha! Of course I won’t, if you obey your Onee-same. Is that alright?” Ichika nodded. “Good. Hey, Ichika, do you feel hungry?”

Without being answered, Chifuyu took an apple from her pocket (the last one that she picked from their old home’s tree) and began peeled it with her knife.

“Say “Ahh”!”

“Ahhh”

Even on this old, trembling, stuffing boat, Love still exist. As Chifuyu feeding her little dear brother, she felt that Hope will once again return to her. The wind became warmer, and her smile less strained. Cruelly, Fate had no plan for her to enjoy this precious moment...

“PANG! PANG! KA-BOOM!!!”

“AH! Chifuyu-nee!”

“Ichika, go back inside and tell everyone not to panic!” Chifuyu ordered. Her face was stern. Before her, the white mist uncovered a ship with dark sail and the unmistakable flag of the Dark Trible: A crimson flag, soaked with blood... The Monster has caught up with them.

“It’s now or never.” Chifuyu muttered as she drew her Katana, readied for another shot from these cannons, and for any ghouls with the intention of boarding the ship
“I’m scared, Ichika...”

Said Houki Shinonono, Ichika best friend. A little girl, a bit shorter than Ichika and she were latching tightly to his left arm. Her dark blue eyes showed nothing other than fear...

“Don’t worry, Houki, it will pass. Remember that Chifuyu-nee is Invincible!”

He reassured her, trying to be brave. However, in truth, he was just as terrified as her. Above them, came the echo of roaring Cannons, people screaming, wooden board tearing and cracking... but above all, Chifuyu calmly ordering everyone. That give Ichika a glimpse of hope that his sister is alive, they the heroes will always win unscatched, like what his mother used to tell him...

“ROAR!!!”

“Everyone, ready your arms! Attack!!!”

Suddenly, a stream of crimson blood showered upon the hiding villagers. Starting with drops that dripped from the space between wooden boards, it got larger and larger by minutes before turned into a rain. Combined with the sound of clashing metal, battle cries, the injure’s moans and groans... It shocked everyone to their cores, and reminded them of their past tragic and an equally terrified future. They cry, they hug their beloved, they despair. But Ichika... He pray:

Suddenly, a stream of crimson blood showered upon the hiding villagers. Starting with drops that dripped from the space between wooden boards, it got larger and larger by minutes before turned into a rain. Combined with the sound of clashing metal, battle cries, the injure’s moans and groans... It shocked everyone to their cores, and reminded them of their past tragic and an equally terrified future. They cry, they hug their beloved, they despair. But Ichika... He pray:

“May the Moon grace be with us. May the Sun shines forever in our hearts. May the Wind carry us to the awaiting Holy Land...”

Ka-BOOM!!!

“No! Houki!”

The world seemed to be slowed down, as one cannon ball found its way to the door where Ichika was standing next to, trying to catch the echo of the ongoing battle. Both him and Houki was slammed back because of the impact. Ichika used his body as a shield for Houki, his back under thousand of flying wooden chips, each shrapnel pinned upon his skin like hot knife to butter.

“AGRRR!!!”

As he slowly into consciousness, one terrible sight was waiting for him: A Ghoul standing in front of him. There is no word that could describe the creepiness of it: A humanoid creature, but instead of living skin, it was all decayed meat, and some parts like the ankles even showed the gray bone. One hand with a bloody sword, the other was twisted in an unnatural way. Various arrows on the body, even one went through its left eyes. And yet, it still advanced.

“Humannn...” It said... no, growled, like a speaking human tongue. Various images flashed upon Ichika’s brain: Bodies littered everywhere... Swaps of monsters, not just Ghouls, but something even more terrified. A figure with black cloak and bared fangs... It laughed, a sadistic and bloody laugh, as the villagers struggled before it.

“Halt your advance right now, you unholy creatures! One more step and your existence will end right now!”

Right, it’s Ichika’s father. Blood splattered on his Samurai armor, and yet no wound was visible. And his Katana, the blade seems to glowed under monster blood and the blazing flame that was surrounding them.

“Ah, isn’t that the Kusanagi sword, one of Nippon’s Imperial Regalia? So you must be Susanoo’s descendant.”

“It seems that you are well-know about this Katana. So, you must also have know about its ability to cut down all dark creatures. Retreat if you don’t want to taste its might!”

“Hahaha! Do you seriously believe that me, the Count of Groundsoaking Blood would ran away? No, Human, even if it were the Three Child of Izanagi standing before me, I would made them bow like obedient hounds

“Watch your tongue, you Monster! Even if I die today under your tricks, remember that one day, my descendants will rise up again.”

“And will just cut them down like what I did with their ancestor!... But no more words! Let’s see who will stand in the end of the day. Or the beginning of an eternal night”

“NOOO!!!” In a desperate move, Ichika charging forward, slammed into the Ghoul and kept running forward. No second thinking, for he can’t not bear to see his beloved harmed again. Despite all these growl and howl of the monster, he ran, until both came to the edge of the boat and fell into the cold water...

“ICHIKA!!!”
“Ugh...Am I alive?”

Finally, Ichika woke up from his unconsciousness state. He is lying on the dry, crystal-like ground. The ceiling, which is full of stalagmit, reflecting a mystical, moving shade of azure. Carving onto the wall of the cave are endless runes, which Ichika immediately realized is the full version of the scripture that he uses to pray. But what draw his attention the most... A white wolf is watching him.

There's a weird aura that separate this snow-white wolf from the normal hounds. It’s body is marked with various crimson stripes like blood. Its tail, instead of a straight one, shaped like calligraphy brush. Its fangs, sharpen like the most deadliest blades of Muramasa. And its eyes...They are the deepest abyss that mortal could imagine, and they are gazing upon the little boy. Ichika suddenly shivered, a bit for fear, yes, but mostly because of awe and respect... no, worship.

“H...Hey...”

“Tell me, little one, how could you find my resting place?”

“Wha..What? You can talk?”

“Of course I’m. You categorised me in the same group with these pathetic mutt, did you?” The wolf snarled at him, which made Ichika jumped back a bit.

“We...Well, me and my Onee-chan were boarding on big ship, until these creepy monsters started to chase us... Wait! Where is my Chifuyu-nee? I’ve to return to the ship!”

“Don’t worry, little one, your fellow are still struggling. But not for long, for I sense the darkness surround them is getting thicker. These abomination... The are winning against the mortals.”

“I’ve to help my Onee-chan! Please, return me to the ship!”

“Even if I do that, what do you think you can do, little one? You don’t have neither your sister or Houki’s talents.”

“Wait! How do you know Houki’s name?”

“I can see into your head. I see...Desperation. Fear. Powerless. And Potential! Lights radiating from your heart. Very interesting... Tell me, little one, Who do you want to protect?”

“A lot! I want to protect Chifuyu-nee, Houki, Dan, Ran,...”

“And do you want the power to protect them?”

“Yes! Yes, I do!”

“Then would you want to make a deal with me? You will pay me with your most precious possession.” The wolf shaken its head when Ichika rummaging his empty bag. “No, not material. Something more... Spirituality. Do you have the courage to ride with the Destiny?”

“If it’s for everyone, then fine, I accept it!” Ichika is getting more irritating for each passing second. Who know what is happening on the boat now?

“Then close your eyes, little one.” The wolf moving near him, and then using its chin to touch Ichika’s forehead, its aura on the head lighten up even stronger. “Now, you have my blessing. Sleep, and reborn into the Light!”

“AGRRR!!!”

The final Ghoul fell down under Chifuyu’s blade, its body turned into black ash that dispread right away. She then calmly sheathed her katana and turned her attention to Houki:

“Husk! Stop crying, Houki. Woman must be strong, remember?”

(Sob) “But... Because of me that Ichika fell into the sea!” (Sob)

The little girls cried even harder, her eyes swelling with tears and turned redder. Chifuyu could only signed and pulled Houki into a tight hug. Even now, she had to stay strong in front of this poor girls::

“Don’t worry. You know how stubborn is Ichika. “ A sad smile creeped through Chifuyu’s face, which was waxed with a layers of sweet and dry blood. “I’m sure that he is Ok.”

“Orimura-san, may I’ve the permission to search for Ichika?” Chifuyu raised her head and found herself facing with Dan Gotanda, Ichika’s best buddy. In the same age with Ichika, this boy looks much more developed than Ichika’s sticky figure. He looks exhausted because of hunger, thirst and fear.

“...No. You’re not in the condition to swim under this freezing water. Stay here.”

“But what about Ichika?!”

“We will find him latter. First, we have to...”

“LAND!” Someone yelled and thus drawing everyone to the prow of the ship. As the mist getting thinner, everyone could see the dark shade of what to be mountains. And then...They were welcomed by a shower of Light. Yes, pure, unstained sunlight, unlike the black and crimson sky they had got used to through their journey. Some people wept, some laugh and hugging each other, some pray. Chifuyu just stared and mumbled:

“Is this a grace by Goddess of the Sun to us?...”

“Orimura-san.”

Dan still stand there, his hands clutched. The boy certainly didn’t like her decision. Understandable, for he and Ichika is like inseparable brothers. However...

“My order still stand. Dan, return and taking care of your family! Your Grandfather, Mother and Little Sister must be your top priorities now, not my brother.” Chifuyu swept a look around the ship. This bunch of ragged people, their faces is full of relieved and hope. How could she stop the whole journey when it’s so close to the finish line, just for the sake of her brother... Somehow, she felt herself hypocrite when speaking these words. “I promise, Dan, as soon as we boarded the land, I’ll personally...”

“Hey! Looks like someone is unconsciousness on the shore!” Again, Chifuyu was interrupted. However, she didn’t mind that, for her heart suddenly jumped up seeing that person.

“ICHIKA!” No mistake, that is her brother. Bear no mind to the powerful waves, she jumped to the water and swimmed to her brother.

“Ichika! Wake up!” Lucky for her, the boy show no sign of drowning. In fact, his heart is still beating to a normal pace. However...

“Where am I? And who are you?”

“Don’t you recognize your own sister, Ichika? It’s me, Chifuyu!”

“My name is Ichika?... I don’t remember having a sister.... And why I could only see the darkness?... Am I... Blind?”

The world seemed to turn upside down for Chifuyu at the moment when Ichika shedding tears from the no longer seeable eyes...
Now, it's your job Agetreme!
Old 2014-01-01, 08:17   Link #49790
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Nah, more like enlightened Ichika. Being someone of no desire to change will get you killed when dealing with wildcores.
Old 2014-01-01, 08:39   Link #49791
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

A random thought:

Did you ever imagine Ichika as a Buddhist monk? I mean, his denseness is probably his way of rejecting "earthly desires".
Old 2014-01-01, 08:50   Link #49792
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Yessssss!!!!

And believe me, it doesn't work, for even the Temporary Harmony of Innersoul hasn't been archived.
Old 2014-01-01, 11:17   Link #49793
Akisa Akimune
L'anticipation du pouvoir

@Miner, you just made ichika blind... plus, he has amnesia? Wolfy just said he would take something 'spiritual'. So why he is blind?
Old 2014-01-01, 11:47   Link #49794
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I can see IS going well with Zone of the enders, especially with the use of the "twin" frames. Whereas Anubis and Jehuty could be replaced by Kuro Kishi and Byaku shiki.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 12:09   Link #49795
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Oh yeah, What if Ichika is attracted to Shirokishi AI?

I mean if Orimuracest were to occur by canon. He has a choice of Chifuyu(original flavor), M(younger flavor), Shirokishi AI(immortal kuudere flavor) since Shirokishi AI is in Chifuyu's image.

-_-"
Old 2014-01-01, 12:16   Link #49796
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

And Setsura....? I noticed that she looked like Madoka, but with white hair instead.

Also, thank you Demino. Next drabble - something to do with 'ice cream'
Old 2014-01-01, 15:04   Link #49797
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
And Setsura....? I noticed that she looked like Madoka, but with white hair instead.

Also, thank you Demino. Next drabble - something to do with 'ice cream'
Setsura = ADA

Sentient
Evolving
Tactical
Self sustaining
Unilateral
Readapting
AI

You know Tempest, what if Shiro Kishi/Byaku Shiki is adapting to ichika's wincest taste. SHiro kishi for Chifuyu, and Setsura for the innocent Madoka (but with white hair, make her an albino. xD)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 17:56   Link #49798
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

First, it's not "Wolfy", that is Amateratsu. Have you ever play Okami?

Secondly, the Goddess need to take his memories and his eyes in order to mold her into her ideal image of a "hero". Cruel, I know, but let just say something very Evangelion-ish is going to happen.

And Wincest always come in package, you know?
Old 2014-01-01, 18:18   Link #49799
Akisa Akimune
L'anticipation du pouvoir

Yeah, yeah, I know it's Amaterasu.
Anyway, your story is interesting me more and more... And no, I didn't know Wincest come in package.
Seem like I have a lot of things to learn from the Masters of the Guild of Wincest.
Old 2014-01-01, 18:21   Link #49800
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hmm... Say, I now have to write Cecilia. Half-Fangire, anyone?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest