AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-29, 03:19   Link #61
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabiree
I've seen all of Hellsing but I've got no idea what this "Seth" thing you're talking about is.
The name is actually 'Sett' (the demon god)

Incognito places the demon within his body and proceeds to level London with its power. However, Alucard doesn't steal the demon from Incognito, presumably, it dies with Incognito.
Old 2004-12-29, 14:57   Link #62
delta9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
The name is actually 'Sett' (the demon god)

Incognito places the demon within his body and proceeds to level London with its power. However, Alucard doesn't steal the demon from Incognito, presumably, it dies with Incognito.
Are you sure man? Then why did alucards hair turn like the Sett and I'm pretty sure I did hear a hiissss sound while his hair was melting the cross.
Old 2004-12-29, 21:38   Link #63
zhixiong
o.Ov

They were forced to end the anime quickly with 13 episodes instead of 26 because of low popularity. Minority of us love vampire shows but most of the mainstream audience still prefer boobs, mechas and explosions in anime.
Old 2006-10-06, 01:38   Link #64
Haru27

o come on! don't tell me that kill off Celas in the end of the anime. Is the manga still going? I know this is old but Celes is my favorite vampire!

Though I recall her drinking blood after her master "killed" the reporter. I can see why alacurd is different (cough Dracula reversed is Alucard ever notice that ) As for the "rules" of vampires, some of it is based of some science. One, the vampire bat is naucternal, so they sleeping in the day. same with vampires. w, they are more sensative to heat and uv rays since there dead but not alive either. The Holy cross thing comes from our imagation that vampires are creatures of evil and the devil (but what if a vampire turned a christian who didn't have any blessed items on him o.o) Garlic does have affect on the blood and is repulsive. why shooting a vampire in the head or heart is the only way to kill a vampire like the freaks is because the heart pumps blood and brain helps the heart.
Old 2006-10-06, 02:44   Link #65
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhixiong
They were forced to end the anime quickly with 13 episodes instead of 26 because of low popularity. Minority of us love vampire shows but most of the mainstream audience still prefer boobs, mechas and explosions in anime.
Where did you hear that lie from?

There wasn't enough material from the manga to do 26 episodes back then, after they decided to remove all references to the Nazis. Popularity had nothing to do with it.
Old 2006-10-06, 13:03   Link #66
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Where did you hear that lie from?

There wasn't enough material from the manga to do 26 episodes back then, after they decided to remove all references to the Nazis. Popularity had nothing to do with it.
Actually the original quote is probably more correct. The Mangaka HATED GONZO for what they did to his product. So that explains why it ends so abruptly.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2007-01-16, 19:26   Link #67
PatPeter

Hellsing Anime Revival

Would anyone else rather have the continuation of the Hellsing Anime than the OVA?
Old 2007-01-16, 19:37   Link #68
PatPeter

Hellsing Anime Revival

I wish to include a list of things that we could look forward to in the new season:
1) Integra's next order
2) Maker of the chip - found and punished
3) More mythical beings
4) Seras on her way to becoming a true Draculina
5) Explanation of Alucard's power control system (I am pretty sure they talk about that in the manga
6) Why/How Alucard serves the Hellsing family
7) Alucard vs Alexander (with cyborg arms!!! :P but really I do wonder what he does about that, can he regenerate them?)
8) What demons does Alucard use?

Now I know some of these are answered in the manga, the reason I put it here is for the anime.

DOWN WITH THE OVA

Last edited by PatPeter; 2007-02-02 at 15:55. Reason: Accidently copied last post.
Old 2007-01-16, 19:47   Link #69
PatPeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Indeed the atmoshere of Hellsing is really excellent, too bad that they completely messed up the end of this show...

I recommend to read the manga, at the beginning the drawing is a little odd but the history is 100 times better than in the anime.
And the volume 6 is out lately ^^
WHAT DO YOU MEAN they ruined the end of the show?!? If you are one of those people who say that Incognito wasn't good enough, then what is? Please. Tell me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0 View Post
its really interesting to see alucard welding guns instead of his sword ( that was in the game). alucard never really show any of his spells either, too bad there's no hell raising spell that will spinebone shiver me
game game game! theres a Hellsing game?!?! Gotta get it gotta get it gotta get it....................... :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesaas View Post
Never read the manga of this show, so I didn't have anything to compare it to.....in other words: I loved it!!!

Btw, has anyone seen a show with better music?!?

And don't give me a Macross here, they just play the same song (maybe 2-3 at the most) over and over again!
HELLSING MUSIC IS THE BEST!!! I have both albums. And about playing the same song, you really have to listen because they have two 21-song albums so if you can only hear a couple songs...better clean out your ear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftStar View Post
I love the show. The music, the art style, the characters, the voices. Everything was cool but you do want more of a story. Ceres Victoria is a bit more bloodthirsty in the manga but she isnt the only character they changed. Integra is a bit different as well. It seems they toned down the female characters. I wonder why. The manga also has a comic undertone to the excessive violence, almost as it to admit that its over the top.
Heh heh, ask someone else why they tone down the female characters...I know but...um...I c-a-n-t w-o-r-d i-t a-s w-e-l-l.

And they were saving her bloodthirsty personality untill the second season, because what many people have to realize is that there is this thing in Literature and TV shows called Rising Action/Rising Suspense or however you want to say it that takes place after the introduction and before the climax (no the climax is not incognito, it is unique for Seras) we even see an example of this episode 6 where she slaughters everyone. Most likely the climax was planned for season two (from what I have heard Gonzo has a sting of short budgets for anime).
Besides, any more violence and they wouldn't have Eng Dubbed it.

Edit by Moderator: Please use the button when quoting to more than one posts. You should be able to see the edit button in the right hand corner at the bottom of your posts. Read the Faq for Reading and Posting messages to know more!

I will, thanks.

Last edited by PatPeter; 2007-01-17 at 16:02.
Old 2007-01-17, 12:48   Link #70
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPeter View Post
Besides, any more violence and they wouldn't have Eng Dubbed it.
pft. Well we'll definately find out considering how brutal things will get later in Hellsing Ultimate. I can safely say the anime pales in comparision to the stuff that happens in the manga.
Old 2007-01-17, 16:01   Link #71
PatPeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
pft. Well we'll definately find out considering how brutal things will get later in Hellsing Ultimate. I can safely say the anime pales in comparision to the stuff that happens in the manga.
Yeah but has Hellsing Ultimate been released on TV? I mean the anime was made for TV (you can tell) but I do not think ultimate is...
Old 2007-01-17, 16:48   Link #72
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
WHAT DO YOU MEAN they ruined the end of the show?!? If you are one of those people who say that Incognito wasn't good enough, then what is? Please. Tell me.
About any and every vilain characters really.
Incognito had no relevance to the story, no background, no goal, no personality, no interesting power, no rhyme nor reason. Even his appearance was half assed.
Old 2007-01-17, 16:55   Link #73
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Yeah but has Hellsing Ultimate been released on TV? I mean the anime was made for TV (you can tell) but I do not think ultimate is...
If you're talking about Japanese television then I'm not sure if Ultimate's aired or if it's a direct-to-dvd release. The anime did air on Japanese television though neither have aired on American television to my knowledge.

I don't see why more violence will prevent it from being dubbed. More graphic series has been dubbed, just not aired on television.
Old 2007-01-17, 16:55   Link #74
PatPeter

Quote:
About any and every vilain characters really.
Incognito had no relevance to the story, no background, no goal, no personality, no interesting power, no rhyme nor reason. Even his appearance was half assed.
Umm...well, what is the story then? Because DID have a backgroung, a vampire from the dark continent, he DID have a goal, Total Destruction, he DID have a personallity, a personality that hated seeing Alucard revived, he DID have interesting power, he summoned a demon from Hell, (I dont know what you mean by "'rhyme' or reason"), and finally he DID have a relavence to the story, as Alucard continued to fight all these fake vampires he wanted to fight a real one, even the Valentine brothers disappointed him, so he DID get to finally fight a real vampire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
If you're talking about Japanese television then I'm not sure if Ultimate's aired or if it's a direct-to-dvd release. The anime did air on Japanese television though neither have aired on American television to my knowledge.

I don't see why more violence will prevent it from being dubbed. More graphic series has been dubbed, just not aired on television.
In the case of a show like an anime such as Hellsing, they depend on TV series to keep them going, otherwise they stop continuing it (in the other case that merchandise purchases are low).
I had heard before they stopped the continuation of Hellsing that not enough people were buying merchandise, it couldn't air on Eng TV, and Jap TV didn't want to air it, so they stopped because of funds.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-01-17 at 17:14. Reason: Don't double post.
Old 2007-01-17, 17:12   Link #75
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Ok so he's a vampire from Africa who wants to destroy everything because.... just because. He hated seeing Alucard revived because.... just because. His relevance to the others vilains was... well beat me.

His sole purpose was to be the last strong opponent against Alucard and they didn't bother to link him with the rest of the story. He came and died, that's all there is to his character.
Old 2007-01-17, 17:18   Link #76
PatPeter

Why do you want to live? Because you want to live.
Do you want to die? No. Why? Because you dont want to die.

He hated seeing Alucard revived because unlike Alucard, he doesn't like a chalenge, he wants to destroy everything with no chains upon him.

What is the rest of the story in your opinion?
In mine fake vampires are being created and the Hellsing organization has set out to stop them, and they come close by killing the original

P.S. They sure as hell linked him with the rest of the story, he was an original vampire helping to make the chips.

Last edited by PatPeter; 2007-01-17 at 17:20. Reason: had another thought
Old 2007-01-17, 18:42   Link #77
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I don't see what survival instinct has to do with anything really.
We don't know how he knew Alucad, we don't know why he wanted him dead (I don't remember Incognito saying anything about not liking challenge but then again I didn't see this series since years), we don't know why he wanted to destroy everything, we don't know why he was helping those who mades the ships, we don't know who he was helping, we don't know why he helped them, we don't even know why these unknown vilains wanted to make these ships in the first place.

In fact it's that simple : the series ended without a shred of informations about the vilains, hence why I said the anime messed up the end.
Old 2007-01-17, 20:59   Link #78
PatPeter

Oh I forgot to link my first two sentences with the fact taht Incognito was born to destroy everything, maybe through some African ritual. Think of the antichrist as an a comparision
He did not know Alucard, they had just met in Episode 8 or whatever.
Incognito, after killing Alucard, shows detest at having to fight him after Alucard is revived.
Their plan was obviously to explain why and who he was helping, and the chips and everything in the second season.
After all, these unanswered questions are neccessary for keeping interest, so that those that aren't as a big fans as me want t ocontinue watching.
Old 2007-01-21, 09:40   Link #79
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Was he? Is it something explained in the anime?
And this is the thing : There isn't and wasn't going to have a 2nd season. Incognito as a soon to be forgotten henchman wasn't that much of a problem. Still a failed vilain if you ask me but it's not that important.

But as the last vilain of the series? Now that was a complete failure.
Old 2007-01-21, 18:43   Link #80
PatPeter

Quote:
Was he? Is it something explained in the anime?
And this is the thing : There isn't and wasn't going to have a 2nd season. Incognito as a soon to be forgotten henchman wasn't that much of a problem. Still a failed vilain if you ask me but it's not that important.

But as the last vilain of the series? Now that was a complete failure.
Can you prove that they were not planning a second season?
How about first proving that.

Yes it was explained in the anime, there is an entire episode dedicated to the statement Incognito makes in Episode 11 Transcendant Force to Episode 12 Total Destruction.

That is why I wanted to make my own thread on the Revival of Hellsing Anime, because it could go on, he may not be the last villain.

He HAS EVERTHING to do with the rest of the anime, he is the original from which the chip was created, he is the original from which the chip was created, I had to say it twice so people actually get it.

What will the makers of the chip do w/o their original.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, gonzo, horror