AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 54 13.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 5.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 5.96%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 27 6.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 16 4.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 2.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.07%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 7 1.81%
1 out of 10 : Painful 196 50.78%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-09, 13:03   Link #181
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
But that would mean that Novel 10 would come out in 16 years at the earliest şAş
Unless you were to specify a time-frame for it to be released in. What, you think Orihime and Hikiboshi are so weak that they can't send the granting of wishes back in time? They just usually don't do so because most people don't ask them to.
Old 2009-07-09, 13:04   Link #182
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, the other thing we don't know is how the episode will be sold. For example, what if they sold all x Endless Eight episodes in a single set for the price you would normally pay for 2 episodes, in which case you could see all the middle loops almost like bonus features? Or what if they sell the discs at the price for one episode even if it contains two-episodes worth of content? I mean, sure, if they sell the episodes in the way they sell other episodes, then I agree that the sales will probably suffer. That being said, there are probably ways they could do it that wouldn't seen very offensive to purchasers. We'll see what they do.
Yea, actually I really do think that they should compile the entire Endless Eight into 1 set. Or count Endless Eight as 1 single episode if that's even possible, not sure how many episode slots they really have now.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-07-09, 13:05   Link #183
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
But that would mean that Novel 10 would come out in 16 years at the earliest şAş
Tanabata does not work that way.
Old 2009-07-09, 13:08   Link #184
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Tanabata does not work that way.
I know. *filler*
Old 2009-07-09, 13:08   Link #185
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, the other thing we don't know is how the episode will be sold. For example, what if they sold all x Endless Eight episodes in a single set for the price you would normally pay for 2 episodes, in which case you could see all the middle loops almost like bonus features? Or what if they sell the discs at the price for one episode even if it contains two-episodes worth of content? I mean, sure, if they sell the episodes in the way they sell other episodes, then I agree that the sales will probably suffer. That being said, there are probably ways they could do it that wouldn't seen very offensive to purchasers. We'll see what they do.
2ch had a pretty good ascii art about this:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-07-09, 13:18   Link #186
ReneeBurossamu

Awesome Kadokawa.
And to think I kinda-sorta didn't expect this. I officially give up on Endless eight.
1/10.
Old 2009-07-09, 13:19   Link #187
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
2ch had a pretty good ascii art about this:
Spoiler:
Actually, joking aside, if they actually released them at 3 episodes/disc, and assuming there are 6 episodes in total not 12 (so only 2 discs), that'd be cheaper than the way they usually release Haruhi episodes (which would be nearly that price for 2 episodes). I would think they'll do better than that, but it's not outside the realm of possibilities.
Old 2009-07-09, 13:21   Link #188
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
L....O......L

I'll admit it, I stared at the poll first before the episode, and realized the truth. And my stupid theory about them trying to send a message that they don't want to do Haruhi anymore suddenly makes more sense. It makes them money but they feel enslaved to it!! So they are just trying to show how Haruhi is a great way of printing money but also draining on the soul. Since the episode contains nothing, I feel compelled to make up crap in its place, as humans always try to make sense of things. Ehh... ok it's not working.

I will go by my post in the previous thread and hang around for one more episode. It's still not enough to make me quit ^^, but it definitely has done some damage here to what I view of Haruhi; not that it really matters of course, but I'm not surprised if there was a fan in Japan who didn't want 4 episodes of the same thing.

i/10, it's just too incomprehensible to rate, but since that option doesn't exist, 1 will have to do.
edit:here's to eight episodes of Endless Eight!

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2009-07-09 at 13:32.
Old 2009-07-09, 13:28   Link #189
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I downloaded a horrible raw version, watched it without reading the thread whether it's another loop. When it got to 3/4 of the way, and they were still at the park explaining the loop...

I don't know how pissed are the fanboys on 2chan, weirdly, I'm not so pissed. I only read the volume 1,3 and 4. Lets just wait till the DVD sales come out.
Old 2009-07-09, 13:29   Link #190
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrnea View Post
The way I see it, we're still in the 'ok, what the hell is going on' stage of this effect.
It's pointless to judge the effect until it's finished up.
So, we'll see what people are saying about Endless Eight in a few more weeks, shall we?
13 or 15 years ago, I thought that nothing would top Eva's "Doodles on the screen with Shinji's voice" or "Stillshot of one minute while Beethoven play" in term of WHAT. Now I am here. Of course, now I am older; so I am not as gullible as I used to be. Thus, rewatching the mentioned scenes now leaves like ".....". And I could say the same about Endless Eight right now. It may have worked on me if I was still enthusiastic and easy to impress cinematographic-wise as I was at age 13-15. But not here. I just humbly take as it comes. What I enjoy is seeing predictions thrown out of the window.
Old 2009-07-09, 13:32   Link #191
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

LOL the poll is really speaking for itself this time around...
Old 2009-07-09, 13:33   Link #192
Kirarakim

Now this is what I call good trolling

I am more amused than annoyed at this point (although I am sure I won't be giving the episode itself good marks).

So any guesses on how long Endless Eight will actually last?
Old 2009-07-09, 13:35   Link #193
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
13 or 15 years ago, I thought that nothing would top Eva's "Doodles on the screen with Shinji's voice" or "Stillshot of one minute while Beethoven play" in term of WHAT. Now I am here. Of course, now I am older; so I am not as gullible as I used to be. Thus, rewatching the mentioned scenes now leaves like ".....". And I could say the same about Endless Eight right now. It may have worked on me if I was still enthusiastic and easy to impress cinematographic-wise as I was at age 13-15. But not here. I just humbly take as it comes. What I enjoy is seeing predictions thrown out of the window.
That sort of thing WORKED with Eva, though...

And here, if they abused imagery like that with the flashing text and doodles I'd praise them, because it would be mindfuck and interesting. But just animating episodes over and over is just... bah.
Old 2009-07-09, 13:35   Link #194
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Now this is what I call good trolling

I am more amused than annoyed at this point (although I am sure I won't be giving the episode itself good marks).

So any guesses on how long Endless Eight will actually last?
I bet it will hit Eight. For title's sake.
Old 2009-07-09, 13:37   Link #195
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I dare them to make the entire season Endless Eight... and end with a cliffhanger.
Old 2009-07-09, 13:39   Link #196
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

HAHAHA, I dont think I've ever seen an animesuki poll like that!
Old 2009-07-09, 13:40   Link #197
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by touge-n00b View Post
HAHAHA, I dont think I've ever seen an animesuki poll like that!
Actually, yeah.

Has there ever been a poll this low?
Old 2009-07-09, 13:43   Link #198
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

I dont think so Kaisos, Lasts week was bad enough, I think this week will destroy last weeks episode. I expect next weeks to be ever worse too lol.
Old 2009-07-09, 13:48   Link #199
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
this is basically an attempt by kyoani to silence all the fans who kept bitching about wanting more haruhi for 3 years while they wanted to make other shows instead
"you want it so much, fine, how do you like THIS"
Old 2009-07-09, 13:49   Link #200
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice_slayer View Post
I dont think so Kaisos, Lasts week was bad enough, I think this week will destroy last weeks episode. I expect next weeks to be ever worse too lol.
I think, if it doesn't end, next weeks poll will have like 5 participants. The rest of us will have given up...
Closed Thread