AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-01, 07:50   Link #2261
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Also, getting my Railgun Volume 2 tomorrow.
I just picked up my copy last night. So glad to be able to own physical copies in english.
Old 2011-10-01, 13:05   Link #2262
Breidaluk

there was only 20 pages in railgun. When will be released the next chapter?
Old 2011-10-01, 13:08   Link #2263
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Accelerator can't cancel out Mikoto's electric field. Even if he redirects it, it's still there and won't change a thing when she wants to touch an animal.
Old 2011-10-01, 13:50   Link #2264
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Just got volume 2 in the mail

Also can someone PM the new chapter please?
Old 2011-10-04, 07:01   Link #2265
zaeraal

The new chapter was already translated and I find some stuff quite amusing.

First - the shadow metal, Saten was talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saten Ruiko
When hundreds and hundreds of espers clash there's a metal created that doesn't exist naturally in this world, they say.
The only opportunity for that is Daihaseisai
And because it's so rare even a small ammount can be sold for a lot
All the rumors she ever mentioned were based on real stuff.
This can be either foreshadowing of following events or a refference to something already existing (Dark Matter?)

Second - Uiharu ordering strawberry yakisoba http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakisoba (I just can't imagine it)

Third - they put High schools and Middle schools students in the same matches
Quote:
Originally Posted by participating schools in the threelegged race
Tokiwadai middle, Airin Girl's high, Ninoudebuzoku middle, Habatobi high school
- oh Kamachi, are you planning the meeting of Touma and *insert your favorite middle school character here*

Forth - The number of participants - there were in total 8 participants, 2 from each school. How did they choose the representants of each school?
Schools can have lots of students - starting from around 200 (private schools) up to 1500+ (university)
Do they mix lower levels and higher levels in matches where is equal number of participants?

Fifth - the rules feel stupid to me
Quote:
* A team that loses it's rope is disqualified
* Abilities that directly injure an opponent are forbidden
* High Level Ability Restriction. Mikoto Misaka is forbidden from using any electric powers (any other power permitted)
1 - obvious
2 -
Quote:
Her partner is a ESP user that can break down anything she touches. It would appear she has broken down the components of the pavement.
That's not a dangerous power? or was this meant as "the use of ability", but then what about indirect injury, you can do what you want as long as you don't directly aim at your oponent?
3 - This was explained better in Index anime that she can't use level 5 version of her power (if she keeps it at lv 1-4 she is OK).
-> what about other powers like: teleportation, mind control, some uber increase of speed, those are instant wins if the oponents aren't also matched in powers, are they permited?

Sixth - The hamsters were willing to jump from a height that might be lethal for them (they are not cats) but weren't willing to aproach Misaka.
Her electromagnetic field she emits must be so freakingly strong that Kuroko should go and check herself for developing cancer from time to time if she really plan to stay with her in the same room.

Seventh - Saten obviously wanted to go and find the shadow metal, but how far will she go for it?
I mean her schools is obviously not one of the "top" schools, it's unlikely that the few lv 1 espers will make that metal, so what if...
... that kid in Index anime season 2 that apeared during the match with Tokiwadai vs some random middle school was really her?
If Touma could get into that match so easily, why could not she?
Just knock out the real Tokiwadai participant (it's aparently not that hard, right, Miho?), take her uniform, put some contact lens, the "I look down on every one of you" expression and she is good to go.
Old 2011-10-07, 08:35   Link #2266
Ashaman

Poor Misaki. Gunha just overwhelmed her with GUTS!

Other than that, the chap was so and so with lots of probable foreshadowing.

Nothing special.

But now I can't help but picture what would happen if all the Level 5's went to the Opening ceremony.
Old 2011-10-07, 09:29   Link #2267
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
But now I can't help but picture what would happen if all the Level 5's went to the Opening ceremony.
That could be funny.

Misaki doing her own moderate voice speech, ignored by the rest. Gunha shouting about GUTS. Mugino shooting beams at Gunha to shut him up (without much effect.) Mikoto trying to mediate between Mugino and Gunha. And Accelerator looking annoyed, blocking all sounds from reaching him... I can really picture Kakine there though (Accelerator could show up if LO begs/nags him to, but Kakine isn't persuaded so easily.)

BTW, why couldn't those girls at the end move after having their panties stolen? I mean, they were wearing shorts after all, what's the big deal?

Also, like zaeraal mentioned, high schools and middle schools shouldn't compete against each other (according to the novels anyway... and common sense)... was this chapter really written by Kamachi?
Old 2011-10-07, 09:40   Link #2268
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Also, like zaeraal mentioned, high schools and middle schools shouldn't compete against each other (according to the novels anyway... and common sense)... was this chapter really written by Kamachi?
Where was this stated in the novels? If there was no way high schools couldn't compete against middle schools, then there would be no way Touma could have faced Mikoto in the Daihaseisai. Even if it wasn't his own class, he and Tsuchimikado wouldn't have been able to blend in if the competition they snuck into had all middle schoolers.
Old 2011-10-07, 09:41   Link #2269
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Do they mix lower levels and higher levels in matches where is equal number of participants?
Actually there are measures against it depending on the type of competition held. I remember that in Index in a royal rumble type of event Tokiwadai was outnumbered like 1 to 4 or more; and it still didn't felt fair to the lowered level school (that's the event on which a certain someone sneaked in, btw)

Quote:
3 - This was explained better in Index anime that she can't use level 5 version of her power (if she keeps it at lv 1-4 she is OK).
Actually I'm pretty sure that they told her that she can't use her ability at all at any level, because even if he holds back to the maximum it still going to be a much better ability than the rest of the students strength wise (the gap between level 4 and 5 is that big). I think that the actual rule was "any ability beyond 4 can't used"; but that doesn't mean that students can downgrade their ability at will.

edit :

The "cover" of the chapter has a new yet to be known character, a tall girl with twin tails and a sports track jacket.
Old 2011-10-07, 09:50   Link #2270
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post

BTW, why couldn't those girls at the end move after having their panties stolen? I mean, they were wearing shorts after all, what's the big deal?
Lol men... I'm just waiting for Sumeragi to show up... Ah what the heck, I'll do her a favor-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Just because you can't see it directly doesn't mean you can't see the difference. For example, you can still tell when some girls aren't wearing bras even when they're still fully covered with a shirt.
Old 2011-10-07, 10:30   Link #2271
Ashaman

Quote:
Where was this stated in the novels? If there was no way high schools couldn't compete against middle schools, then there would be no way Touma could have faced Mikoto in the Daihaseisai. Even if it wasn't his own class, he and Tsuchimikado wouldn't have been able to blend in if the competition they snuck into had all middle schoolers.
Pretty much this.

Fact is, we only saw 2 competitions in the novels.

Middle schools and Highschools competing has always been implied.

Hell, from this chapter its possible elementory schools compete against high schoolers. Please remember that these are ESPers. They are not normal schools and don't abide by common sense.

On the topic of underwear:

While its true you can tell if a girl is wearing a bra, there's a difference between a bra and panties in the "I can tell you're not wearing any" department, and you'd need a combination of tight clothes and more than a cursory glance. Loose fitting shorts do not lend well to being able to tell.

(I can't believe I just said all that. How the fuck do I even know all that?)

Of course, this completely ignores the point of how embarrassing it is to get your underwear stripped in public, or how purely strange it feels to go commando anyway. I'm not surprised the girls decided to drop out.

Last edited by Ashaman; 2011-10-07 at 10:53.
Old 2011-10-07, 10:36   Link #2272
leukrota

Quote:
I'll search for the reference later. Anyway, the Daihaseisai has a points system, as it's impossible to make all schools face each other considering the sheer number of them. Given this system, the bet was resolved with which school ranked better, it didn't matter if they faced each other directly or not.

And Touma and Tsuchimikado DID sneak into a competition of pure middle schoolers.

Quote:
Middle schools and Highschools competing has always been implied.
Where is it implied in the novels?

Quote:
Hell, from this chapter its possible elementory schools compete against high schoolers. Please remember that these are ESPers. They are not normal schools and don't abide by common sense.
What I'm implying is that this chapter is inconsistent with the novels. It's senseless to use the chapter as reference against that argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol men... I'm just waiting for Sumeragi to show up... Ah what the heck, I'll do her a favor-
Quote:
Just because you can't see it directly doesn't mean you can't see the difference. For example, you can still tell when some girls aren't wearing bras even when they're still fully covered with a shirt.
LOL, I didn't read that comment, seems like I asked the exact same thing.

Anyway, I think it's not the same with panties, unless you're wearing skin tight clothing... Of course, I don't really pay THAT much attention so maybe I'm wrong about this.

Then again, perhaps the the self awareness's effect is enough...

EDIT:
I stand corrected. I searched the novels myself and seems like high and middle schools can compete against each other... hmm, I could have sworn that it wasn't like that, oh well.

Last edited by leukrota; 2011-10-07 at 11:01.
Old 2011-10-07, 11:22   Link #2273
Ashaman

Quote:
Where is it implied in the novels?
Here:

Quote:
Even if Kamijou is to lose in a direct match-up against Tokiwadai, there are other ways. Once Kamijou’s school beats other schools, and Tokiwadai loses to others, the difference can be whittled down.
and here where a high schooler is incharge of a 4 way race whichinludes at least one middle school:

Quote:
The high school committee members stationed covered Mikoto with a large sports towel after she finished running the marathon.
Honestly, in the novels we saw a grand total of 4 competitions. two of Touma's and two of Mikoto's. Of those, only two had specified opponants, which, while they matched high school to high school and middle school to middle school, is not indicative that they don't compete between middle and high schools.
Old 2011-10-07, 11:32   Link #2274
mark1246

OMG, if anyone read the fanfare novel on baka-tsuki

IT THE EPIC return of the pirate DJ! (on page 11) and it seem he got blackmail from the dorm mistress to do it

Comments!
Old 2011-10-07, 11:40   Link #2275
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

LOL i wonder why both Gunha and Misaki didn't talk each other...since there both lvl 5....
Old 2011-10-07, 12:05   Link #2276
ovum
...Is a lightning bolt

Misaki seems quite underwhelming while on the big stage.
sól valtiva.
-Surtr, fiery giant of Múspell
Old 2011-10-07, 12:24   Link #2277
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovum View Post
Misaki seems quite underwhelming while on the big stage.
Its just that she lacks Guts!
Old 2011-10-07, 13:57   Link #2278
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Thank's for the help. Also, here's the bigger issue: Try wearing shorts/bloomers without panties. I'm sure even men would know how uncomfortable that is.
Old 2011-10-07, 18:13   Link #2279
kona~chan
ヘタレ

nice chapter, glad to see gunha again
but seriusly that hamster tactic would be useless against exebisionist kuroko.

”生きるってつらいな。。。”
Onjouji Toki
Old 2011-10-07, 18:38   Link #2280
ovum
...Is a lightning bolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona~chan View Post
nice chapter, glad to see gunha again
but seriusly that hamster tactic would be useless against exebisionist kuroko.
Well it would be simple. Special train a few hamsters to get Misakas panties and Kuroko would be stuck either chasing the panties or trying to ''cover'' Misaka.
sól valtiva.
-Surtr, fiery giant of Múspell
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen