AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-02-01, 22:31   Link #361
EEZP
Shonen Fan

Send a message via AIM to EEZP Send a message via MSN to EEZP Send a message via Yahoo to EEZP
I saw a fight between Usopp and Luffy and Usopp looked in really bad shape. Does he die?
EEZP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 01:03   Link #362
Chuixupu
Shikachu

You know, spoilers are bad for you.

Usopp is alive and well.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 12:44   Link #363
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Episode 174: Robin is ruthlessly scary!

It is one of my favorite episode of the One Piece series. The intrigue, the mystery generated by the openness of the view ahead when Robin was sitting on the edge looking down and pondering on the past of those Shandians in the midst of the ruins. The episode also made me yearn to know more about the past of this mystery lady and her obsession with Ponyglyphs.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 17:44   Link #364
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Yes, that is one of the better episodes in Skypiea, if not the whole series. It's stuff like this that keeps me interested in One Piece after hundreds of episodes. I've never made it that far through any other series of considerable length.
It's amazing how at times Toei can really bring manga chapters to life even greater but then fail miserably in other places.
Old 2006-02-07, 12:31   Link #365
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Oh yeah, monir, I read the last page in this thread, then I found these gifs in the gif thread;

I felt they were relevant to your interests
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 13:04   Link #366
monir
cho~ kakkoii

lol...

Those bring back sweet memory! I've seen a lot, I mean a lot of series, and there are very few female characters that can irk me as much as Vivi. No wonder Luffy is one of my favorite lead role. Saving them as soon as I press the Post Quick Reply button. + rep!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 13:27   Link #367
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

No worries, man. I'm a little (ha!) behind in the anime so I haven't seen this scene yet, but even in the manga she was pretty annoying.
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 14:59   Link #368
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I never did find Vivi annoying, but I thought it was awesome when Luffy did that anyway. XD Luffy is the king of no bullsh*t.
Old 2006-02-07, 22:52   Link #369
Sinned

So.... Gomu Gomu No Bullsh*t!
Or would it be Gomu Gomu No No Bullsh*t?
Or Gomu Gomu No RICK JAMES!
Sinned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 01:04   Link #370
d.Lughie

hahahaa... i'll stick wif gomu gomu no no bullshit...

oda is best wif his surprises.. hahaha... keeps me interested until hundreds of chapters he had created.. remember those scene where the six of them bandages their hands symbolizing their friendshipp... to distinguish them from mr.2...
The six of them pledges their friendship with their bandaged arms rised on the air...
whoo.. that scene is the most MEMORABLE scene in any anime i'd so far scene... it made myy goosebumps rised... lol... really...

i found a wallpaper on it and lost it again.. anybody has that??
d.Lughie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 19:23   Link #371
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Episode 174: Robin is ruthlessly scary!

It is one of my favorite episode of the One Piece series. The intrigue, the mystery generated by the openness of the view ahead when Robin was sitting on the edge looking down and pondering on the past of those Shandians in the midst of the ruins. The episode also made me yearn to know more about the past of this mystery lady and her obsession with Ponyglyphs.
In that episode I cannot stop laughing when the south bird followed Zoro around. And the entire time he didn't even realized he's being followed by a walking compast....
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 21:01   Link #372
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Episode 182

Episode 182: Finally Clashing! Pirate Luffy vs God Enel

Whoa~! Whoa~! awesome episode after a hards day work on this lovely friday night. My heart started to race when Luffy made his glorious entrance "ARE YOU THE ONE...WHO'S CALLED ENEL!?" followed by Nami running towards Luffy in tears upon hearing his voice yelling out "LUFFY!!" ( At this point my eyes got all watery @.@ ) Pissed off Luffy with a tone of voice that would make you shake says "What the hell have you done...to my nakama?" (I'm like "Hell fu*king yeah, you're getting a beating of a life time Enel!!" ...my roomate stares at me like "the hell you yelling about?!" *lol*

Anyways great ep. to start off my weekend

Last edited by Knight Hawk; 2006-04-08 at 02:02.
Knight Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 00:01   Link #373
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Pssst...you aren't allowed to post screenshots of fansubs.
Old 2006-04-08, 00:40   Link #374
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
I'm going by past experience. I and other people posted screenshots of fansubbed anime and the mods asked to remove them. If they now decide that is ok, than fine, but it hasn't been in the past.
Sent Nightwish a msg asking if it's allowed or not, but i'll take you're word. Removing Links. Thank you Chuixupu ^-^

Last edited by Knight Hawk; 2006-04-08 at 02:02.
Knight Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 01:33   Link #375
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I'm going by past experience. I and other people posted screenshots of fansubbed anime and the mods asked to remove them. If they now decide that is ok, than fine, but it hasn't been in the past.
Old 2006-04-08, 05:01   Link #376
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hawk
Sent Nightwish a msg asking if it's allowed or not, but i'll take you're word. Removing Links. Thank you Chuixupu ^-^
Screenshots of licensed anime is not allowed, so you did the correct thing by removing the links / images, thanks.

We don't mind if the odd one or two links or images (or better still linked thumbnails) are posted but they must not contain subtitles. So in other words we don't mind an image from a raw just to illustrate a point or event but please don't take that to mean that you can treat the forum as an image board. Please just limit it to a single image to highlight something and that it's to do with what you are posting about.

BTW, "hiding" images in spoiler tags to "save" bandwidth doesn't help since the entire image is downloaded every time someone views the thread even if the spoiler tag is never opened. Using spoiler tags to hide an image because it might be considered a spoiler is fine of course (again, it's best if you could provide a linked thumbnail instead of a full blown 640x480 image).

Hope that made sense, PM me if you have any further questions.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 15:05   Link #377
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hawk
Good Evening Nightwish.

I have a question. Is one allowed to take screenshots from licensed series? Chuixupu ( http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=10004&page=19 at the bottom of page) has pointed out that i'm not allowed to even though the rules do not specify. I'm i wrong in posting such content? I'll edit my post if it is.
Just need clarification on this ^-^; Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish
Hello Knight Hawk,

This basically comes back to the "no fansubs" rule that applies to the One Piece forum now the show is licensed. Like Bleach and Naruto these rules are a little tighter in the One Piece forum due to popularity. Anything related to fansubs is discouraged because it continues their promotion.

Normally screen shots would be fine, even if the show is licensed. It would just depend on the use and source. A screen shot of a DVD for illustration purposes would be fine. A screen shot of a fansub in the "new episode out" context is not. This is because it keeps the idea, that the fansub is being released, alive -- even if everyone knows they are still being made we don't allow any promotion.

Having said that we're not very strict about items loosely related to fansubs like that. We might remove the images if we see them, but you wouldn't be banned or anything, as you would with links to the fansubs, for example. In any case, thank you for removing the image(s).

Hope that makes sense?

~NightWish
AnimeSuki.com Administrator
Liked Nightwish's explanation better But yeah, i understand.
Old 2006-05-01, 20:43   Link #378
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Post For Native Spanish Speakers

Starting today, One Piece will air in México and throughout Latin America thanks to Cartoon Network.

Weekdays at 11:30 p.m. (USA Central Time Zone)
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 02:19   Link #379
Chuixupu
Shikachu

The spanish dub or the English dub?
Old 2006-05-02, 02:45   Link #380
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
The spanish dub or the English dub?
dumb question.

Do you live in USA, Canada, or anywhere in the world where English is the native language?

My post meant for native Spanish speakers.
If you live in Latin America (save for Brazil), Spanish language = Spanish dub.

Or do I have to explain you with more technicisms?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote