AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-03, 06:15   Link #1
TrueKnight

Most realistic Gundam series?

I'm talking about the gundam series which consist the most detailed and realistic moves, astro-physics, guns and arsenals, boosters, armors, sabers and pilots.

For me it's none other than Gundam 0083 : Operation Stardust :
- Leet and superbly detailed animation, also the moves of the gundams considering the boosters movements and astro-physics are realistic enough, bullets from machines guns from their heads actually comes off and show-able. Sabers actually capable of knocking out shields with a single blow. Depending the quality of the shield.
- Pilots are old enough to be actually CALLED pilots, just like in real-life the United States Air Force or the Royal Australian Air Force or stuffs like that. Also Around early 20s or so or even their 30s or 40s, not some tenage kids that just hits puberty have angts plus heroics personality.
- Not some type "One Gundam could annihilate a whole Mobile Suits army", god I hate that, Gundam Seed starts off good in the TV series considering how hard it was to take down one Mobile Suit or mobile armour, but in the end they made it like Gundam Wing and many other Gundam where one Gundam is all so powerfull.
- Story in Stardust needs to be worked out a bit.

This is imo the most detailed Gundam series that were ever made.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 06:18   Link #2
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

most realistic? I'd say 08th MS Team and 0080 War in the Pocket. 0083 is made by a bunch of military otakus, so the mechanics are very detailed and very cool, however the showdown is more like cool and flashy rather than realistic IMO...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 08:52   Link #3
jonli
JONLIの憂'

08th MS team, 0079 (if you don't include all that Newtype stuff), 0083 and 0080.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 15:10   Link #4
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
No super MS?

Umm, ok... Did you somehow miss Dendrobium and Neue Ziel?
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 15:32   Link #5
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Realism is a very,very relative thing in gundam.I wonder if the concept even exist.
Old 2004-12-03, 16:02   Link #6
Senien

Send a message via ICQ to Senien Send a message via AIM to Senien Send a message via MSN to Senien Send a message via Yahoo to Senien
I'd say 08th MS team is about as close as you get to realism with Gundam.
Old 2004-12-03, 16:22   Link #7
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
The whole idea of a mobile suit is not that realistic relative to our own level of technology in the first place. Do you have any idea how difficult is it to create a bipedal robot that walks in a straight line in the first place?
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 16:24   Link #8
Blaat

I think only 0080 and 08th MS Team are realistic. Everything else aren't...some closer to reality , some obviously don't.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 19:51   Link #9
_Riku_

how about

Gundam.... no we can't have the gundam so it would've been

just .....

Gundam isn't supposed to be realistic...A huge super robot with a lightsaber that pwns 2144234234 grunt suits....realistic ?

well I've only seen Gudam X,W , SEED and Destiny (the released eps so far) but maybe there is another Gundam serie without gundams and MS's then it might be realistic
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 23:14   Link #10
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae
Realism is a very,very relative thing in gundam. I wonder if the concept even exist.
lol, Ugh, come on, -_-;

90 % of most animes are fictions to begin with, and Gundam is no exception. But at least there are some of them who could connect into most realism real life. Who knows about 200 years into the future.

The people at the 1800's said it to be imposibleand laughts at it to have something float in or even fly in the air, but the Wright brothers have prove it otherwise lol, and now we live in the digital age where air transportation is a common thing. So who knows
Bipedal robots maybe are nonsense now, but I think in the robot convention in Japan around 5 months back or so, where the Japanese (Toyota??) had demonstrated the robot that could dance and run, even if it's like an idiot running, but they're getting into it. The best perfrence is probably i-Robot. Although it's probably Hollywoodnized but its showing something that could actually happens in 2030s.

hmm dunno about the War in the Pocket though, the story about McKenzie and the blonde guy is kinda "goofy", but the 08th MS is kinda realistic though, dunno maybe I've been into many on tanks and fighter aircrafts, that I've fallen in love with the 0083.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 23:24   Link #11
Varisha
zero no dai fan

I think the most realistic series is probably 0080, because nothing in it is really "ub3r," and because it is so 'down to earth'. I see what people are saying about 8th , too, tho.
Varisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 02:13   Link #12
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Heh.

When the original Gundam was first coming airing, Yoshiyuki Tomino was quoted and hailed for saying that the show was supposed to be a realistic and accurate portrail of how robots could be used in combat and war. Shortly after, episode four aired with the Gundam unit weilding the Gundam Hammer which defied all physics and trashed all elements of realism in the series. When questioned about the Gundam Hammer his response was simple, "Hey, it's just a TV show."

After that, I'm pretty sure nothing in the Gundam universe would be considered completely realistic. ^^;
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 02:17   Link #13
Halie

acualy I remember hearing about a show that was the pre-qual to the origanal gundam..its all about the colonies..can`t for the life of me remember the name tho..I`ll look for it
Halie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 02:40   Link #14
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, the topic here is not completely realistic, but most realistic, so I guess it's just a relative comparison
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 17:26   Link #15
kuroitatsu
Über Alles

Send a message via AIM to kuroitatsu
Well raw pilot recruits are pretty young, in about their mid 20's because there right out of college. and this is realism in reletive terms right? because if it is then it is gundam 0083
kuroitatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 17:38   Link #16
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroitatsu
Well raw pilot recruits are pretty young, in about their mid 20's because there right out of college. and this is realism in reletive terms right? because if it is then it is gundam 0083
Kou is 19... So not really. If people want to use age to determine realism then 0080 (main Gundam pilot is 21) and 08th MS Team (main Gundam pilot is 24) would be more so...

But then again, both 08th MS Team and 0080 contains a bit of character slapstick action that seems a bit unrealistic. So while the mecha combat's pretty down to Earth, Al and Kiki's antics might lower that bar a little toward the unrealistic side...
Old 2004-12-04, 18:20   Link #17
Blaat

A realistic Gundam is a Gundam where the Gundam doesn't get damaged by only other Gundams nor Mobile Suits piloted by an important character, nor will the Gundam 't be piloted by a gifted kid. Furthermore there will be no special powers, no uber super saiya-jin like modes, no shouting out attacks, no unrealistic Science Fiction devices (this excludes the mechas) and there's also a possibility that main character actually dies instead of making all the way until the end.

That Gundam however doesn't exist, nor will it ever.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 20:09   Link #18
kuroitatsu
Über Alles

Send a message via AIM to kuroitatsu
well i dont think gundam is exactly realistic either so it is kind of hard to say what is or is not realistic in this kind of series. If it was based on things like A-10s and M1A1s or anything that is tangible to the real world it would be easier to reference it to reality
kuroitatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 01:44   Link #19
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
Has to be 08th MS team iMO

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 12:00   Link #20
Esper 28
Akira

G Gundam...obviously.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote