AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-12, 16:24   Link #1641
CeruleaFeng
2qt2bstr8 ♥♥

Send a message via MSN to CeruleaFeng
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
I have a spark of innocence remaining that I would like to preserve, thankyouvermuch.
Innocence is overrated. 'Sides, you'll find your long lost brethren there, and be happy go lucky with all the friendly trolls to play with.

Why did that seem like a parallel to Ranka's exodus? @w@
Old 2008-09-13, 05:07   Link #1642
Joachim
et tu, brute?

/b/ rape your mind pretty much... and lol at go back to/b/
Old 2008-09-13, 09:28   Link #1643
Lostdreams

I have been wondering about this matter, and it's the matter of Sheryl's illness. I see it as going down 2 ways.
1. She sings at the final battle, dies, becomes a hero.
2. She sings at the final battle, Ranka becomes queen, somehow she is cured because of Ranka.
Old 2008-09-13, 09:42   Link #1644
Paul Hausser
Colonel General

Provided Fraulein Lee shall be able and willing to cure eure Konigin, option b) is far more in-character when taking the cultural context of all Macross stories into consideration. Why, it would be a great token of good will, granted by a ruler of Vajira to the de facto leader of Humanity. Mankind has reconciled with the Zentraedi, despite the fact that the majority of Human race has been put to the sword. By healing Fraulein Nome, the Vajira would change the perception of Frontier's populace, including Herr Saotome, who is obviously ready to exterminate them.

Of course, there is also one more possibility. Who says the O'Connor woman does not have the antidote. Yes, she was the one to inform Fraulein Nome of her illness - but she might hold the cure in order to use it as a trump card against any participant in this affair.

Last edited by Paul Hausser; 2008-09-13 at 10:06. Reason: Spelling and grammar corrections
Old 2008-09-13, 10:34   Link #1645
Wesley84

You killed my family, but saved my pop idol so all is forgiven?

Well, dumber things have happened...in Macross.
Old 2008-09-13, 10:41   Link #1646
Westlo
Lets be reality

You forgot to mention that not only would she save their pop idol but everyone on board Frontier since there's no way in hell Frontier's heavily depleted forces should stand up to a Varja home world.

<redundancy removed>

Last edited by monir; 2008-09-13 at 12:52.
Old 2008-09-13, 11:12   Link #1647
Paul Hausser
Colonel General

Quote:
You killed my family, but saved my pop idol so all is forgiven?

Well, dumber things have happened...in Macross.
Wesley, must I remind you again what happened in the original series? It is good that you have added the "in Macross" disclaimer, otherwise I'd suspect you have failed to grasp the underlying meaning and theme of the series, and all other parts of Macross franchise before it.
Old 2008-09-13, 11:31   Link #1648
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Hausser View Post
Wesley, must I remind you again what happened in the original series? It is good that you have added the "in Macross" disclaimer, otherwise I'd suspect you have failed to grasp the underlying meaning and theme of the series, and all other parts of Macross franchise before it.
That people are sheep that need to be lead by hand by celebrities?
Old 2008-09-13, 11:36   Link #1649
Paul Hausser
Colonel General

Quote:
That people are sheep that need to be lead by hand by celebrities?
Meine Damen und Herren, I rest my case. Verily, next stop for you seems to be the Pit of /b/.
Old 2008-09-13, 11:39   Link #1650
Wesley84

Quote:
Meine Damen und Herren, I rest my case. Verily, next stop for you seems to be the Pit of /b/.
It's because I'm right isn't it?
Old 2008-09-13, 11:47   Link #1651
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

If Paul Haussner doesn't join the 90% of the forums in putting you on ignore, you poor thing, then I'm not sure what else you could do, Wes.
Old 2008-09-13, 11:48   Link #1652
Paul Hausser
Colonel General

Quote:
It's because I'm right isn't it?
Nein. Because you are so wrong it's not even remotely funny to correct your mistakes.

Oh, and Crisis, I have seen far worse trolls than poor Wesley. Compared to some of my past adversaries, he is actually pretty mild-mannered.
Old 2008-09-13, 12:02   Link #1653
Wesley84

Quote:
Nein. Because you are so wrong it's not even remotely funny to correct your mistakes.
You seem to think saving Sheryl's tauty ass will make everyone on Frontier happy as clams, despite the personal grievances and the retarded "Us or them" theme that's been circulating within their population. Saving one person, regardless of who it is, should amount to dick at this point if it's to be taken at all serious.

The only way it could possibly work out is if the Vajra beat Frontier down to nothing, but stop short of the well-deserved finishing stroke.

As for previous series, humans actually had something to offer the Zentradi. A cure for the V-Type Virus would only work if everyone on Frontier had it.
Old 2008-09-13, 16:13   Link #1654
Wesley84

So...what's everyone make of the "Kindness is a sin" line?
Old 2008-09-13, 17:03   Link #1655
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
So...what's everyone make of the "Kindness is a sin" line?
Haha, sorry but I just have to say it, considering Westlo's deleted post and the 'reason'. I'm sure he will answer you the best out of all of us, dear Wesley84 xD

Seriously, kindness is a sin because it makes you suffer. Sheryl sufferers because she thinks Alto is acting like that because of his kindness. Even more so, she sufferers because she accepts it knowing that she is only using him. In the end she takes up upon herself all of the burden that come from his kindness.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2008-09-13, 17:12   Link #1656
Wesley84

So...why take it out on Luca, who was really just being helpful, and not Alto, the one she thinks she's taking advantage of?

Also, could you just say Wes, Wesley, or not even use my name at all? I only have the 84 part in there because the others were taken.
Old 2008-09-13, 17:14   Link #1657
daimonth
Kohaku Law Firm

Kindness is a sin, its cruel because it makes her want to indulge in Altos kindness and its a temptation from the path that she has chosen. She has, instead of trying to prolong her life briefly, decide to tackle it head on for the sake of others. It's a happiness that she knew won't last and a deadly temptation that makes parting so much harder. She also believed it was Altos pity that she is treated as such, so she is doubly hurt by both aspect.

In this case she know Luca and Leon want to use her fold wave power and the medicine itself is counterproductive to that. She is telling them that if they want to use her then do it fully and let her power grow because half ass measures will just make everyone suffer.

Last edited by daimonth; 2008-09-13 at 17:48.
Old 2008-09-13, 17:38   Link #1658
Westlo
Lets be reality

Here's the lyrics for Yousei/Fairy as translated by Rick who did this on the gabriela robin blog.

http://gabrielarobin.com/537/yousei-...yrics#comments

Fairy

Everyone calls me by the name “Fairy”.
And I live up to my name.

I sensed nothing because of the burden in my heart
So I flew across the vast space.

Ever since I met you, I have been quivering in love,
As I stood in bewilderment, feeling vulnerable, with my wings soaked in rain,
I woke up to the calling telling me to “Fly away.” (Calling out to me)
“For another day.” (In the sound of your voice)
“With no regrets, just secret love.”
I just have to tell you that I love you, and nothing more for now
For there is no return to the paradise

Will I ever find in this universe a place of warmth
a place for our endearment and dreams
A place where the light casts off my melancholy and galvanizes me
When that time comes, I shall be ready to take my flight

I yearn for you. I fly to the four corners of earth
enduring the rain, like the torment of a thousand whips

I let my unrequited love
to turn into dust with no regrets. (I want to be with you)
Believe in me (I want to be by your side)
With all my heart, I’m loving you
The way you untie your hair
like a rainbow oozing out its beauty

((Where are you?
 Why the love?
 Falling to change up to world.
 Fairy, we realize that like you we like you so.))

In the hope of finding someone, in the hope of finding love
I have been alone till now
Standing between the past and the future
I yearn for watching the twilight of this galaxy by your side

((Where are you?
 Why the love?

((Where are you?
 Why the love?

Across the tumultuous galaxy
I yearn for you

((Where are you?
 Why the love?
Old 2008-09-13, 17:52   Link #1659
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonth View Post
Kindness is a sin, its cruel because it makes her want to indulge in Altos kindness and its a temptation from the path that she has chosen. She has, instead of trying to prolong her life briefly, decide to tackle it head on for the sake of others. It's a happiness that she knew won't last and a deadly temptation that makes parting so much harder. She also believed it was Altos pity that she is treated as such, so she is doubly hurt by both aspect.

In this case she know Luca and Leon want to use her fold wave power and the medicine itself is counterproductive to that. She is telling them that if they want to use her then do it fully and let her power grow because half ass measures will just make everyone suffer.
She was basing that only on how she felt though. She feels stronger when she's not on the meds, which is expected since the medince is supposed to make her feel like crap. She seemed to think Luca was lying to her out of kindness on her baseless conclusion.

She might just be a masochist when you get right down to it.
Old 2008-09-13, 17:55   Link #1660
daimonth
Kohaku Law Firm

Did you just miss the last episode where Luca hand her a stack of paper saying that the fold wave is directly tied to the terminal stage of the infection?
Closed Thread

Tags
characters