AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 24 14.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 25.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 60 37.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 15.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 4.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.62%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-13, 19:21   Link #121
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
I don't know, My respect for Rosa went up a bunch this episode.
Oh dear.
Old 2009-08-13, 19:25   Link #122
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Pretty good ep although it feels somewhat empty without any killing. The pacing feels right however cause none of the scenes feel dragged or unnecessary. Everything seems important to advance the plot. Also after watching the preview I feel somewhat disappointed that Rosa was just stepping on the candy instead of Maria, making the event less dramatic. Anyways, hopefully next ep will have some action.
Old 2009-08-13, 19:31   Link #123
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Yeah, Maria really should shut up and pay attention around. A nine-year old taking candy from strangers? Really.
Hell yea! Because that kind looking old lady was obviously planning on poisoning Maria with that candy, seriously. Strangers are scary, especially old people.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-08-13, 19:33   Link #124
Rias

Hmm...just watched it, some quick thoughts. As usual let's start with what I didn't like too much:

1. Lack of background story, namely Rosa's thoughts regarding Maria and Gohda's position vs "furniture". Gohda is probably okay, but I thought they should give more time for Rosa to show that she's not such a bad mother...if not now, then she would not be redeemable when her stocks plummets later...

2. Consistancy in artwork. While the drawing and animation is good at many places, there still exists points where it's just bad. For example, compare Beatrice before and after the eyecatch.

3. Scenes that were cut/altered. There are places where it's just weirdly altered for unknown reasons. Namely Beatrice's instruction to Maria regarding the letter and when Kyrie was talking to Beatrice. Various reoccuring scenes (scenes that happens all the time, ie the adult group asking Kinzo to eat with them) are cut also, in which I am not sure if that's a good thing or not. (They could really just add in a line for Krauss like "I asked father to come down but he didn't respond" or something)

4. Pace. While Oct 5th is indeed longer, content-wise, it still feels like they have rushed a bit and could use some refining at various places. As a result, meta world is also shortened greatly. Ep2 is confirmed to have 6 episodes, and judging from the preview I see an emphasis in the battle scenes. I guess the next 4 episodes will let us judge if the pace of this epsiode is indeed too quick, or is needed to depict the important scenes of Oct 5th.
Old 2009-08-13, 20:02   Link #125
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzd0ntkeelme View Post
Rosa was just stepping on the candy instead of Maria, making the event less dramatic. Anyways, hopefully next ep will have some action.
Actually, no. It is much more "dramatic" that Rosa stomped on the candy. Crushing it not only show Rosa completely brutal regarding what Maria likes deep down, but also, since it is Rosa herself who bought the candy, you can expect that Rosa crushing that thing afterwards makes thing even less pleasant for that kind of child.
On the other side, Maria sure feels pain, but as far as it was shown (which is very important regarding Maria's personality and depth): she doesn't blame Rosa at all and accepted what happened, to the point she claims it wasn't even Rosa's doing. Physical pain is by no means an issue, which is why Maria isn't exactly "listening" to Rosa's violent tantrum.

By itself, the candy represent much more than a simple sweet, but also a bond that got crushed like this.

I would also suggest people to actually see the other side of the picture regarding what Maria said in fact (and how Rosa was much more trigger happy than in Ep2).
Funnily enough, they toned down how she was violent but also how Rosa was trying to redeem herself. Double dampening effect for the same balance? Not really
Old 2009-08-13, 20:26   Link #126
June 1983

I was finally able to watch this, and I decided to rate it a 7/10, which is actually probably the lowest I've rated an episode so far. XD

It definitely wasn't a bad episode, but there were a few things that bothered me. I didn't like how Piece!Beato was introduced. It was very sudden and didn't contain a lot of suspense. I imagined her appearance in the rose garden as being much more gradual -- like, she laughs, Rosa and Maria look up, Maria says, "Beatrice!" and you slowly see a reveal of Beato standing there. (They also didn't play "金色の微笑" during this scene which I'm positive was what played during the game, and I was really looking forward to it.) Anyway, it just felt kind of rushed.

The other thing that really stuck out for me as feeling rushed was the dinner table conversation, and just how quickly all of the adults proceeded with their deduction. You know, in both of these cases, it wasn't really how LONG they spent on the scenes that bugged me, but how the scenes were structured. It just felt like in this scene they were pumping out lines as fast as possible to get to the desired conclusion. I wouldn't have even minded less dialogue if it meant that more weight was given to the dialogue we did get.

That, in collusion with the occasional animated fug, brought my rating down. I didn't really have any other big pacing complaints than that, btw. Yes, some other things were rushed, like Shannon and Kanon meeting with Beato in the Honored Guest Room, but I felt like they were ultimately okay -- they got the point across. Unfortunately, you just can't expect these long epic scenes that take place in the VN to transfer to the anime. It just doesn't work that way.

I loved how the meta!world was handled. Also, just like in the VN, I felt bad for the poor kids (and Gohda!) because they didn't get to finish their yummy dinner. It looked so good! Gohda, come cook for me!!!

I'm really really excited for next episode!
Old 2009-08-13, 20:48   Link #127
Marion
The Great Dine

lol I remember that XD

"Kids get out, grownup talk time"

"Can we at least take our food back-"

"No, get out."

So horrible :P
Old 2009-08-13, 21:09   Link #128
gtr06
Golden Watch

I gave it a 7/10 too. I really though some scenes weren't as necessary as ones they could have put in. The cousins really need to show their relationship in the same way Rena, k1, Mion and Satoko do in Higurashi. They really have a similar and fun time together. Maria shows her L5 Rena side as much as her kind and thoughtful side, though you wouldn't think that with this episode. She is presented as a spoiled brat and only that.

Lets hope next Week Move are better.
Old 2009-08-13, 21:21   Link #129
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Hah, Rosa seems somewhat bipolar, just always overreacting. :lol: Sure, the uuuuuu is pretty annoying, but still it almost looked like she was gonna go l5 too.

I thought the episode was pretty nice, with whatever horrible thing Beatrice is planning next. She's a effective villain. And lol at her outfit, with the wind. 8/10

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-08-13, 22:13   Link #130
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

I don't get it, how the F Batler still doesn't want to acknowledge Beatrice as a real witch?

Imo he's playing a game he can't win, how can he prove she isn't a witch? I'm already sold, as well as 99% of the family it seems(except Batler).

Maybe I still don't get what kind of game they are playing but as far as I know Batler is trying to deny her existence, which imo is impossible. Can anyone if this is what he's really trying to accomplish?
Old 2009-08-13, 22:21   Link #131
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

The main point of the game is Battler must prove that the murders on Rokkenjima were the work of humans and not witches.
Old 2009-08-13, 22:27   Link #132
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
The main point of the game is Battler must prove that the murders on Rokkenjima were the work of humans and not witches.
You mean the original murders? If so, then why is she restarting the world again?

Is it just to throw Batler off or something?
Old 2009-08-13, 22:28   Link #133
luizf

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGO View Post
I don't get it, how the F Batler still doesn't want to acknowledge Beatrice as a real witch?

Imo he's playing a game he can't win, how can he prove she isn't a witch? I'm already sold, as well as 99% of the family it seems(except Batler).

Maybe I still don't get what kind of game they are playing but as far as I know Batler is trying to deny her existence, which imo is impossible. Can anyone if this is what he's really trying to accomplish?
You have to keep in mind that maybe the supernatural events that happens in the "game board" are not real..
If battler can explain all the events with human tricks and discover the true culprit, he'll be able to deny beatrice's half-existence..
Old 2009-08-13, 22:33   Link #134
Beruko08
The Shadow of Twilight
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Beruko08
Quote:

Actually, he can win if he can tell the method to do all those murderer cases which can be done by human, not by the witch or some blah blah mahou shoujo, heroic spirits like Fate/stay night. btw, not all the events happen in the game board are real. You can put it same as watching a magic show done by hollywood ore something similiar

And Battler's like a representative of science and logic, etc side so of course he doesn't want to acknowledge those as magic or witch. You will understand more about his stubborness later
Old 2009-08-13, 22:41   Link #135
maximilianjenus
[E]

Just think about it, if a random guy walks in front of you and makes a candy dissapear, would you think it's magic ? most of us won't, we will think he is doing a trick. Batler is like that.
Old 2009-08-13, 22:46   Link #136
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Quote:
Originally Posted by luizf View Post
You have to keep in mind that maybe the supernatural events that happens in the "game board" are not real..
If battler can explain all the events with human tricks and discover the true culprit, he'll be able to deny beatrice's half-existence..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beruko08 View Post
Actually, he can win if he can tell the method to do all those murderer cases which can be done by human, not by the witch or some blah blah mahou shoujo, heroic spirits like Fate/stay night. btw, not all the events happen in the game board are real. You can put it same as watching a magic show done by hollywood ore something similiar

And Battler's like a representative of science and logic, etc side so of course he doesn't want to acknowledge those as magic or witch. You will understand more about his stubborness later
Thanks..now it's making sense.

Well I never played the game but I guess it's kind of obvious those murders were done by one of the members of the family and not by the witch.

My main suspects are Batler's father and George.(you guys don't have to tell me if I'm right or wrong )

George seems like a guy capable of doing something like this, and if I remember well he was some kind of genius.
And what Batler's father said to him before he died("I think I will die tonight" ) just seems strange.
Old 2009-08-13, 22:51   Link #137
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Well, don't forget to think of a motive behind your suspects as well as thinking "who is capable" of committing murder

And simply put, Battler is denying that a "witch" killed the family with magic and the aim of the game is to show that "Beatrice" can't be the culprit in the human world. The meta world can just be viewed as another dimension which witches do exist but doesn't mean they actually do in the real, human world, which is the argument for Battler denying her existence.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-08-13, 22:52   Link #138
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Quote:
My main suspects are Batler's father and George.(you guys don't have to tell me if I'm right or wrong )
Only 07th Expansion staff would be able to tell you.
Old 2009-08-13, 23:05   Link #139
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Well, don't forget to think of a motive behind your suspects as well as thinking "who is capable" of committing murder
Let's just say it's my intuition. I can just feel it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
And simply put, Battler is denying that a "witch" killed the family with magic and the aim of the game is to show that "Beatrice" can't be the culprit in the human world. The meta world can just be viewed as another dimension which witches do exist but doesn't mean they actually do in the real, human world, which is the argument for Battler denying her existence.
Now I see... Beatrice must really be bored though. Anyways i'm looking forward to seeing Batler making her kiss his feet!
Old 2009-08-13, 23:11   Link #140
HaizuUsa
Beato's Pet Lion.

Quote:
Let's just say it's my intuition. I can just feel it!

Now I see... Beatrice must really be bored though. Anyways i'm looking forward to seeing Batler making her kiss his feet!
Beato's going to win,hands down. XP

Anyway,the Episode!
I agree some of the drawing/animation was..off..Like the first time we enter the meta world, Battler looks like he's got a lazy eye.
Also,I was REALLY sad they cut almost all of Shannon and Beato's scene.. that was a strong piece.
I'd say 8/10 over all.
Closed Thread