AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Old 2008-10-06, 03:55   Link #541
JediNight
キズランダム

I don't think you know what one-dimensional means then if you've read farther into the story and still think that. No accounting for bad taste I guess...
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 04:09   Link #542
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
She was seriously physically abusive in the 1st episode. Unless kicking Ryuuji's ass on their first meeting and swinging a bokuto at him later don't count.
Apparently you haven't read the manga, so I won't go into details. But after they became "friends" it stopped.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 04:18   Link #543
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Apparently you haven't read the manga, so I won't go into details. But after they became "friends" it stopped.
Well I'm only going by what we've been shown in the anime so far, since this is the anime thread after all. That aside, what happens in one form of media may not necessarily happen in another. People are always complaining about anime differing from it's source material. That's probably why there are different threads for different media.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 04:19   Link #544
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
Well I'm only going by what we've been shown in the anime so far, since this is the anime thread after all. That aside, what happens in one form of media may not necessarily happen in another. People are always complaining about anime differing from it's source material. That's probably why there are different threads for different media.
Well thats undoubtedly true, but so far its extremely faithful to the source material. So I somehow doubt that it'll diverge too far off.
Old 2008-10-06, 04:31   Link #545
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Although the implication that she has no problem whatsoever with inflicting violence on strangers certainly says something about her character.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 04:33   Link #546
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
JediNight, I could say the same about you. Basically it depends on ones interpretation, for me she still looks plain and rather one-dimensional, but again, it may be because I am biased on disliking her. However it is still ones interpretation, and you cannot ask others to have some interpretation as you nor claim your own being true while others are just misunderstanding.

For me Taiga is one-dimensional character with attempts to give depth by giving her background but for me it never works... It works with you, fine, however you cannot say that my interpretation is wrong because of the lack of knowledge just because it doesn't match yours.

HayashiTakara, you should be careful with such hopes. Lets not forget - it IS JC Staff, and if you do not know what that means, go watch ZnT anime...They can start it pretty similar to original source but then go into the depths of fail very easily. And the more seasons it has the deeper it goes.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 04:34   Link #547
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Although the implication that she has no problem whatsoever with inflicting violence on strangers certainly says something about her character.
It's call anime~desu.

A romantic comedy anime. People don't die here from psychotic axe-swinging bitches.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 04:35   Link #548
Nikusu

Send a message via AIM to Nikusu Send a message via MSN to Nikusu
Quote:
Well thats undoubtedly true, but so far its extremely faithful to the source material. So I somehow doubt that it'll diverge too far off.
That's one thing I was pretty impressed with. They added some extra stuff to obviously fill time. That's a given since if they didn't we'd be through volume 1 by now, but nothing plot relevant has been taken away. I was actually expecting a little better animation, but it was still pretty good. Sadly I won't be following my beloved gg subs this time since their encoder is apparently on crack.
Nikusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 05:17   Link #549
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
watched it yesterday and i liked it so it is going to be my watchlist now
anyone have good wallpapers, pics of taiga?!

lookin forward if there's a opening theme!
Old 2008-10-06, 06:27   Link #550
typhonsentra

Quote:
The manga (At least what's on OneManga) only covers up to part the first chapter of book 2.... it doesn't stop. The reason she's not very violent in book 2 is because she barely plays a role in that volume.

Spoiler:
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 08:17   Link #551
tabun
rawr!

I greatly approve of this show.
Old 2008-10-06, 08:30   Link #552
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

The show is going to earn a lot of comparisons of the Taiga pair with Louise and

Shana forobvious reasons, but I hope they can make the characters have their

own unique flavors.
Bathory Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 08:53   Link #553
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
HayashiTakara, you should be careful with such hopes. Lets not forget - it IS JC Staff, and if you do not know what that means, go watch ZnT anime...They can start it pretty similar to original source but then go into the depths of fail very easily. And the more seasons it has the deeper it goes.
That's my worries as well. So far they done a good job in the first seasons for all those series and looks like their going to do a good job for this series as well, but I tread how the sequels will be like if their treated the same way Znt and Shana sequels were.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 09:20   Link #554
LKK

The initial impression that Taiga left on me was very negative. Breaking and entering an apartment to recover a misplaced letter is not my idea of acceptable behavior. Nor is brandishing a weapon and threatening to kill someone. If I were in Ryuuji's place, I'd call the cops on her. On the other hand, I really liked Ryuuji. He's the reason I'll be watching the show, not Taiga. Not unless Taiga undergoes a drastic personality and behavior change.

I ask the manga and novel readers to remember that this is the anime discussion thread. Please do not discuss things that are yet to come in open text. I want to enjoy the anime without being spoiled. I'm not directing this towards any one person, just asking everyone in general.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 10:31   Link #555
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
watched it yesterday and i liked it so it is going to be my watchlist now
anyone have good wallpapers, pics of taiga?!

lookin forward if there's a opening theme!
Kyouray shared some on the thread previously

You can also check Baka-tsuki where they have most of the novels illustrations.

I will also do my best to enrich the fan-group gallery
Old 2008-10-06, 10:38   Link #556
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yeah, Ryuuji is da bomb, and like Kyon, is the main reason why I'm still here.

As for Taiga, right now she comes off better than Louise at least, though repeated actions like in eps 1 will put her in the same level for me. But since this is only the first episode, I'm willing to give her the chance to break out of that violent behaviour. I'm trying to be optimistic that that habit is going to die down, rather than intensify as it did with Louise.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 11:02   Link #557
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I don't know what everyone is talking about but Shana wasn't abusive, she was too caught up in trying to figure out her feelings for Yuji.
Old 2008-10-06, 11:25   Link #558
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
I don't know what everyone is talking about but Shana wasn't abusive, she was too caught up in trying to figure out her feelings for Yuji.
Maybe their thinking of Shana-tan.

And I can't really find much fault in Taiga being abit violent...Its pretty much an age old part of physical comedy for their to be characters beating each other up ya know.

If this was a more serious drama yea it'd be kinda bad for her to go around punching random people's light out and all, but here their just playing it for fun. *shrug*

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 11:33   Link #559
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
It's call anime~desu.

A romantic comedy anime. People don't die here from psychotic axe-swinging bitches.
Yet I would ALMOST prefer to watch an anime with a psychotic axe-swinging girl. They should get to work on it
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 14:13   Link #560
JediNight
キズランダム

Maybe if they animate Mirai Nikki....
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen