AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 29 23.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 21.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 22.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 16.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 8.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.25%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.81%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 4.07%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-04, 00:27   Link #61
Arbane the Terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBear View Post
What did Ange see in the shop? I'm blind
That thing in the semi-transparent trash bag looks to be Sakutarou's remains. (If you freeze-frame it, it's more obvious.)
Old 2009-12-04, 00:30   Link #62
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
Ooh... I just saw something orange... Remains? Sounds creepy...
Old 2009-12-04, 00:41   Link #63
June 1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbane the Terrible View Post
Any Japanese-speakers know if "quadrillion" lends itself to any puns/alternate meanings in Japanese?
Well ... try saying it the way a Japanese person would say it.

Not that it solves the riddle or anything (I don't think), but it's an interesting aspect of it.

Spoiler for quadrillion:
Old 2009-12-04, 01:21   Link #64
CainSonozaki

Best episode to date imo. I kinda see Sakutaro, but i dont quite get why Ange calls it fate and magic (possibly something to do with her going to rokkenjima the next day? idk).
Old 2009-12-04, 01:40   Link #65
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
Well ... try saying it the way a Japanese person would say it.

Not that it solves the riddle or anything (I don't think), but it's an interesting aspect of it.

Spoiler for quadrillion:
OH SHI--

I never noticed that before...you just blew my mind.

Spoiler for EP2 cut scene:
Old 2009-12-04, 01:59   Link #66
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Well, now that it's already in conversation, to be correct it's more like

Spoiler:

It's nothing new around these parts, which is part of why I wish VN players would stop throwing existing logic threads at first-time viewers. Although with the anime adaptation as weak as it is, perhaps reasoning is impossible anyway...
Old 2009-12-04, 02:25   Link #67
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
I didn't realise the quadrillion thing until you said it. Too much to be a coincidence?
Old 2009-12-04, 03:52   Link #68
kuro_usagi

Kinda boring episode..too many talking & the animation seemed lazy, I noticed they repeated Jessica's animation during her scene with Ronove~
The only thing interested me in this episode is the fighting scene..the rests bored me..O_O
Old 2009-12-04, 04:13   Link #69
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Though I don't mind action scenes too much, Umineko is not an anime I watch for action scenes. And uh, where is meta-battler? where is the battle of wits? And the kids suddenly getting magical powers through determination or something... kinda corny >.>
But this was the first time I took a liking to George, rather than being just neutral towards him.

Overall, not too exciting of an episode.
Old 2009-12-04, 04:28   Link #70
Shamisen
Talking Cat

I never realized about the quadrillion/trillion thing either. That came as surprising. Or maybe I just forgot. Still, interesting aspect.

Also, I've been wondering for so long what it was Ange was looking at at that time but wasn't Amakusa supposed to be there as well? Or does she look at it again later?

As for the rest of the episode, I think the fight scenes were pretty well done. Sucks about the whole Ronove's appearance thing though.
Old 2009-12-04, 04:39   Link #71
Arbane the Terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Though I don't mind action scenes too much, Umineko is not an anime I watch for action scenes. And uh, where is meta-battler? where is the battle of wits?
And for that matter, where's Beatrice? She's been letting Kinzo do all the hard work this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBear View Post
I didn't realise the quadrillion thing until you said it. Too much to be a coincidence?
Probably not a coincidence, seeing how Kinzo had both the chapel and the hidden mansion built. Now, what does it mean?
Old 2009-12-04, 04:57   Link #72
Riskbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
So glad I write up my comments before coming in here. The negativity here never ceases to amaze.
Studio Deen: Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

It's interesting to see that the number combination from episode 2 has come back into play. So much for the theory about it having an connection to the family via birthdays. Then i guess the question remains, why give any money to the murdered families? If the killer(s) were determined enough in the first place to kill a large amount of people to take the money for themselves, it seems a bit strange that they then would suddenly develop a conscience and decide to act as a bit of a philanthropist by handing out reperations for the deceased. Just seems a bit odd, that.

As for the duels, Georges was pretty cool (even more so from what's shown in the preview for the next ep), though Jessica's suffered due to time, i'm eager to how that one turns out in the next episode.
Old 2009-12-04, 05:39   Link #73
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
My reaction to this episode is "lol wut" There was some talk about Ange, but that didn't seem to go anywhere. We go back to 1986 and the show has turned into some fighting anime. Suddenly George starts kicking Gaap's ass and Jessica starts falcon punching Ronove. It almost seems like they're jamming every kind of cliche in with all that talking during fights. Ah Kinzo, you nut. I do look forward to more Gaap though.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-12-04, 06:02   Link #74
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Lol. XD

George and Jessica certainly did go badass but Gerorge's fight was so hilarious. Damn that was Tropperific. So Tropperific in fact that I felt the need to come here in this forum that i so rarely come to and make a post about it.
Old 2009-12-04, 10:07   Link #75
CainSonozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbane the Terrible View Post
And for that matter, where's Beatrice? She's been letting Kinzo do all the hard work this time around.
Think about it this way, at the very beginning of the game Meta-Battler made a theory in blue saying Kinzo is dead so theres an unknown culprit taking his place as the 18th person on the island. Having Kinzo taking over the ceremony thwarts that.
Old 2009-12-04, 10:59   Link #76
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by CainSonozaki View Post
Think about it this way, at the very beginning of the game Meta-Battler made a theory in blue saying Kinzo is dead so theres an unknown culprit taking his place as the 18th person on the island. Having Kinzo taking over the ceremony thwarts that.
But it isn't exactly denied either that it was REALLY Kinzo. Could be that this is an imposter of sorts.
Old 2009-12-04, 11:08   Link #77
Ronove

Episode 24 Preview has subs now! It looks quite epic. Virgilia is starting to lose her cool and suave now. I'm assuming this episode WILL be rushed, assuming my memories of what's suppose to happen is in tact.
Old 2009-12-04, 11:45   Link #78
CainSonozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
But it isn't exactly denied either that it was REALLY Kinzo. Could be that this is an imposter of sorts.
Well i look at it this way. The events are shown as if everything is done by magic. But that may or may not be what really happens.
Old 2009-12-04, 13:00   Link #79
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Now the speculations are over

The thing ange saw at the captain's shop are sakutaro's remains

Nice one, anime
Old 2009-12-04, 13:12   Link #80
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
Episode 24 Preview has subs now! It looks quite epic. Virgilia is starting to lose her cool and suave now. I'm assuming this episode WILL be rushed, assuming my memories of what's suppose to happen is in tact.
By what chapters it should cover, it shouldn't be rushed. There's not that much left of this arc and there's 3 episodes left. Next episode should cover the rest of "The Next Head" and "Cause of Tragedy" Now TNH is a very long chapter, that's probably 3 times the size of the other ones. We're about halfway through it already. So the next episode will cover roughly 2 and a half chapters worth of material. Episode 23 covered 3 and a half.
Closed Thread