AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-03-03, 09:07   Link #2761
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Apparently, the ARM chip that controls the clock and other basic functions went out of the control, causing the problem that happened on Monday.

Quote:
Sony and sources today provided added details about its ongoing PS3 service outage. Officially, the company says the issue is triggered by the console's clock and that it expects the problem to be fixed within 24 hours. Sony has unusually asked players to avoid using their consoles entirely until a solution is found.
People familiar with developer discussions, however, have told Electronista more specific details and have expressed concern that it could be fixed properly. The issue specifically revolves around an ARM processor inside the PS3 that controls both the clock as well as other base-level tasks, such as putting the PS3 to sleep. It's believed to be similar to the leap year bug that affected original Zunes and rendered them inoperable on New Year's Eve only to resolve itself the following day.

If the problem isn't automatically resolved, however, a downloadable fix might not be possible as the consoles wouldn't necessarily have the option of using Sony's official channels. Those aware of the situation suggest that a mail-out disc might be necessary; they don't say if a firmware update could be shuttled over on a USB drive.

Regardless of the cause or solution, the failure has arrived at a dangerous moment for Sony, as it comes just a day before the high-profile launch of Battlefield: Bad Company 2. The Japanese electronics giant is also facing low supply of slim PS3s and may not leave some gamers the option of simply upgrading to the safer model.
Source
Old 2010-03-03, 13:12   Link #2762
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Wow.

I have a PS3 but I mainly use it as a theatre system and rarely play games on it but these days I do everything on the computer. I didn't realize something this big happened.

At first I was wondering why on the net people were talking about some PS3 crash.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 14:23   Link #2763
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Wow.

I have a PS3 but I mainly use it as a theatre system and rarely play games on it but these days I do everything on the computer. I didn't realize something this big happened.

At first I was wondering why on the net people were talking about some PS3 crash.
The problem didn't affect the Slim model (nor as far as I've read, the last "fat" revision before the Slim), so if you have the Slim PS3 you wouldn't have noticed anything.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 16:32   Link #2764
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Oh no I got the regular 80gb version which reminds me I should probably head back home after work and check on it. 2 years ago my mother found her old Airmiles card and gave it to me and told me to find some use for it.

I'm just not a big console gamer and I don't watch TV too often either.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 20:53   Link #2765
~ Lawliet ~

Only got my PS3 about 2 weeks ago at long last, workan on MGS4, SC4, SF4, DMC4, and Armored Core 4.
So many 4's.
~ Lawliet ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 22:33   Link #2766
Daizu
Magatsu Daizu

Send a message via MSN to Daizu
I lurv mah Pee ess tree. No, I'm not a fanboy, I like the 360 as well. But generally, 360 games are later ported to the PS3 with extra stuff added in (The kinds of games I like to play, anyway), such as Eternal Sonata and Tales of Vesperia. Either that, or were released at the same time as the 360, like Devil May Cry 4 and Bayonetta. And not to mention, the PS3 has the final part of a game series I've been following since I was 4 years old, Metal Gear Solid. *nod*
Daizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 18:08   Link #2767
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

New video about the Motion Controller :

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xci...y-1_videogames

Well , same stuffs used in E3 . Not so much news .
Lol , as usual it looks like they are playing with dildos .
Seems to be a wiimote's copy but with more accuracy maybe .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 21:03   Link #2768
ShinGundam

^
^
Check out the full list of publishers below:

* 505 Games U.S.
* Activision Publishing, Inc.
* AQ INTERACTIVE Inc.
* ARC SYSTEMS WORK CO.,LTD
* ATLUS Co., LTD.
* Bigben Interactive
* CAPCOM CO., LTD.
* CCP
* Crave Entertainment
* CYBERFRONT Corporation
* Disney Interactive Studios
* Electronic Arts Inc.
* FromSoftware, Inc.
* Game Republic, Inc.
* GUST CO., LTD.
* HUDSON SOFT CO., LTD.
* IREM SOFTWARE ENGINEERING INC.
* Koei Co., Ltd.
* Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
* Majesco Entertainment
* Marvelous Entertainment Inc.
* NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc.
* ONGAKUKAN Co., Ltd.
* Oxygen Games
* PAON CORPORATION
* Q Entertainment Inc.
* Q-GAMES, LTD.
* SEGA CORPORATION
* Sony Online Entertainment
* Spike Co., Ltd.
* SQUARE ENIX GROUP
* TECMO, LTD.
* THQ Inc.
* UBISOFT®
* Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
* Zoo Entertainment, Inc.

WTF ?
ShinGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 22:02   Link #2769
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
New video about the Motion Controller :

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xci...y-1_videogames

Well , same stuffs used in E3 . Not so much news .
Lol , as usual it looks like they are playing with dildos .
Seems to be a wiimote's copy but with more accuracy maybe .
Well it's newer tech, since this is out way after Wii, we should expect it to be better.
If it wasn't I wouldn't buy thats for sure but hell not sure I'd buy even if it was oh so great, I mean really were the designers sexually depraved when making this?!
Theres no doubt gonna be a massive flooding of innuendo joke about this.
Old 2010-03-11, 06:02   Link #2770
Sides

Awesome, since the launched of the ps3 the controller was already replaced once sixaxis->dualshock3, and before launch the orignal bommerang controller was thrown out because stupid fans.
It looks like sony don't really know what to do with the ps3, since they chucked out Ken.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 06:05   Link #2771
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
It looks like sony don't really know what to do with the ps3, since they chucked out Ken.
Ken's a large reason they're in this mess in the first place. Still at least the Ps3 isn't a n64 or Gamecube level disaster. It actually has a good chance of selling over 60 million units when all is said and done which is fantastic for something finishing 3rd or second in a gen.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 06:58   Link #2772
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Ken's a large reason they're in this mess in the first place. Still at least the Ps3 isn't a n64 or Gamecube level disaster. It actually has a good chance of selling over 60 million units when all is said and done which is fantastic for something finishing 3rd or second in a gen.
Ken's failure wasn't because of the ps3 or ps2, it was the whole entertainment sector, mainly their TV division, and sony's conservative views on the markets.

To be honest, I just want good solid unique, or not, games. Same when i had a megadrive CD, dreamcast, n64 and gamecube, don't really care if it sold only couple of thousands, solid titles is what matters, to me. But of course companies are there to make quick money and with the sony wand and nunchuk announced, we will see more shovelware.
Old 2010-03-11, 11:07   Link #2773
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So many news in one day at the Games Developers Conferences , here last news and trailer (until now) :

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/107/1076600p1.html

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14...e_trailer.html

Dildo powaaa !
Well -> "the PlayStation Move is meant to attract the Wii user ready to move into the world of HD." Ahah lol even though they said it , i don't think that wii user (or mostly) will move to PS3 just for this copy .
Sony really need moneys .
Anyway , i won't buy it . It's useless , Joystick is the best
Old 2010-03-11, 13:47   Link #2774
Sides

Quote:
Dildo powaaa !
Well -> "the PlayStation Move is meant to attract the Wii user ready to move into the world of HD." Ahah lol even though they said it , i don't think that wii user (or mostly) will move to PS3 just for this copy .
Don't think so, it is for people who don't want to get a Wii, because people/serious journalists called it childish and dissmissed motion control for being a fad. But since this is from sony, the world is alright again, still if you get a wii you'll be still tagged as a kid or a female.
HD mean nothing to most people, except for a bigger screen.
BTW some people are saying that the Orb has some lag , but actually maybe it the screen they are using that creates the lag. Would be interesting to see if the same people claiming it, also have tried it on a CRT screen.
Old 2010-03-11, 17:03   Link #2775
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinGundam View Post
^
^
Check out the full list of publishers below:

* 505 Games U.S.
* Activision Publishing, Inc.
* AQ INTERACTIVE Inc.
* ARC SYSTEMS WORK CO.,LTD
* ATLUS Co., LTD.
* Bigben Interactive
* CAPCOM CO., LTD.
* CCP
* Crave Entertainment
* CYBERFRONT Corporation
* Disney Interactive Studios
* Electronic Arts Inc.
* FromSoftware, Inc.
* Game Republic, Inc.
* GUST CO., LTD.
* HUDSON SOFT CO., LTD.
* IREM SOFTWARE ENGINEERING INC.
* Koei Co., Ltd.
* Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
* Majesco Entertainment
* Marvelous Entertainment Inc.
* NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc.
* ONGAKUKAN Co., Ltd.
* Oxygen Games
* PAON CORPORATION
* Q Entertainment Inc.
* Q-GAMES, LTD.
* SEGA CORPORATION
* Sony Online Entertainment
* Spike Co., Ltd.
* SQUARE ENIX GROUP
* TECMO, LTD.
* THQ Inc.
* UBISOFT®
* Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
* Zoo Entertainment, Inc.

WTF ?
I don't have a clue about Gust, maybe they're just there for DA LULZ, but Arc System got a lot of games on the wii that could be ported to the PS3. Their Okiraku series(minigames, ping pong, kart,monopoly and stuff), their fishing games and stuff. Don't expect to see Guilty Gear to the move though.

And Atlus have the trauma center series. It's not like it's new stuff for them. If they are making ports or new stuff, that we'll see.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 01:01   Link #2776
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:

Dildo powaaa !
Sony really need moneys .
Anyway , i won't buy it . It's useless , Joystick is the best
this put a smile on my face, i was thinking something of the same line. quick question though, is it water proof and it could vibrate right?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 05:39   Link #2777
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Don't think so, it is for people who don't want to get a Wii, because people/serious journalists called it childish and dissmissed motion control for being a fad. But since this is from sony, the world is alright again, still if you get a wii you'll be still tagged as a kid or a female.
HD mean nothing to most people, except for a bigger screen.
BTW some people are saying that the Orb has some lag , but actually maybe it the screen they are using that creates the lag. Would be interesting to see if the same people claiming it, also have tried it on a CRT screen.
Well , for me Wii = More for Family play even though there are some good games like ToG , ToS 2 ..
Playstation move will start the casual gaming powa in the PS3 and yeah , it'll be HD Family play with more accuracy .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
this put a smile on my face, i was thinking something of the same line. quick question though, is it water proof and it could vibrate right?
Dunno if it's water proof but it can vibrate yeah ^^ woman gonna like it
Old 2010-03-13, 13:58   Link #2778
yeahitschris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
My HDTV is on the opposite side of my house from the computer room and its wireless router, so it has horribly bad connection (25% at best), so I was never able to sync my trophies between when I got SO TLH and the "crash" happened. :/
that happened to me too. you just got to sync your trophies and you'll be fine i believe. i was playing gundam then it did not work for me. when the PS3 was bak up i noticed my gundam game was not in my trophies collection. i put the game in the ps3 played it saw "0%". then i just exit the game and sync'd the trophies and whooo it was back.
Old 2010-03-14, 01:23   Link #2779
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

More news about Playstation move again :

http://kotaku.com/5492721/two-surpri...move-maneuvers

"Potential Positive: Who cares about the potential negatives. We're talking — almost — about Minority Report-style motion-based movement of things on a big screen. Swinging arms to select things on a TV is the definition of "the future."
Lol ^^
Old 2010-03-14, 09:38   Link #2780
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahitschris View Post
that happened to me too. you just got to sync your trophies and you'll be fine i believe. i was playing gundam then it did not work for me. when the PS3 was bak up i noticed my gundam game was not in my trophies collection. i put the game in the ps3 played it saw "0%". then i just exit the game and sync'd the trophies and whooo it was back.
But I'm saying that I never got the chance to sync my SOTLH trophies to my PSN account because it couldn't connect wirelessly from across the house, so there was never any data on my trophies anywhere but on my PS3, which got wiped.

Tags
console, ps3, sony