AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-08-20, 10:43   Link #81
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

The next dlc betteer be about morrigan, that crzy rogue prist got hers.

Please let some of the cast come with to find morrigan, anders would be awesome to meet morrigan
Old 2010-08-20, 10:53   Link #82
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oh, yeah. Then, she could fry his face off!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 01:55   Link #83
kujoe
from head to heel

I think there would be more hilarious banters between Anders and Alistair (they even look, and sound alike), or perhaps between Morrigan and Velanna.

I can also imagine Zevran poking fun at Nathaniel's situation and questioning him about it, as both were on the opposing side for a while.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 07:09   Link #84
Irkalla
I asked for this

Speaking about Nathaniel, there is word that he is gonna make an appearance in da2 as well, since he had been in Kirkwall prior to awakening and all that. I really like his character and would love to see him again, even if he won't be a party member.
Old 2010-08-21, 09:37   Link #85
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I think there would be more hilarious banters between Anders and Alistair (they even look, and sound alike), or perhaps between Morrigan and Velanna.

I can also imagine Zevran poking fun at Nathaniel's situation and questioning him about it, as both were on the opposing side for a while.
Im gonna miss Justice he was such a awesome character

oh god ._. I almost died laughing

Old 2010-08-22, 07:23   Link #86
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I've been sitting on the fence with this ever since the announcement, but the recent trailer got me interested again, that's when I've found this little treasure.

Apparently, we now have a 'dominant personality' that determines the tone of our responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Gaider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockololly
The whole tracking of dialogue choices sounds interesting- I just hope that just because maybe you choose a sarcastic choice a bunch early on that doesn't mean that maybe an angry choice or something gets locked off later on.

Nope. You can "switch" your dominant personality if you pick different responses enough. Tracking personality affects those times when a line is forced (so the line used might use your dominant tone) or when you're selecting a choice that isn't reflective of tone ("I'll help you" isn't reflective of tone-- so in that case you're not adding to your personality tracking but the response you see could vary according to your dominant personality. In that case a roguish player might see "Sure, why not? It's not like I had anything else to do.")

I say "might" and "could" because we don't use dominant personality in every situation-- sometimes a neutral tone will do just fine, but this is our way of allowing the player to choose the tone they favor and inject some personality into the PC without having a whole list of options every time you need to make a choice.

Having a dominant tone also comes up in other situations, but we'll get to that.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivious
Not that worried about the tone since I'm sure I won't be the only smartass their first 5 playthroughs but I am curious as to how the tone translates into other responses. For example, if a good character takes a response that has them threaten someone and cut off a limb would the character do it all in a nice, soothing manner? Or would he shout it like a bad character would usually do? Or, and this is the most important one, if a smartass were to select that option would he make a joke and "laugh out loud"?

What you'd need to understand is there are two types of player responses that you're being asked for: one is the "personality choice" -- picture those times in Origins where you're not really making a story decision (take/refuse a quest, decide which path in a quest to follow, etc.) but simply selecting how you say something. In Origins we called that flavor and they didn't affect anything. Here we track it and have it affect the other responses-- the "action choice". If you're taking/refusing a quest or deciding on a path, we're not generally assigning a tone to that response. We offer you options (and possibly different motivations for those options) but how you say them will depend on the personality choices you've been picking. Not all the time, of course, but often enough that you'll notice.

So you may be talking to someone where your personality choices are threaten/negotiate/joke... but as soon as you're offered an action choice it isn't with a tone. The action choice might, I suppose, be to threaten them if that leads to an action-- and thus you could indeed threaten them in a joking manner, yes.

Clear as mud, I'm sure. The icons are present on lines to offer some context to the player, as otherwise paraphrases could lead to some surprises, but as I said before the idea is to allow the player to craft her own personality.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 16:03   Link #87
Who

Well, it's officially confirmed. The final DLC package for Dragon Age Origins (again, I don't want to bring up the Origins thread) has been announced; it is set one year after the events of Origins, 6 months after Awakening and most likely Golems of Amgarrak (or at least I'd like to believe it's after GoA because the ending was just wtf).

And it's about Morrigan. The god baby (or lack thereof assuming there was an US ending) will probably be there, seeing as how it happens 1 year after Origins (human gestation periods ftw, right?). I want to see how it plays out if you create a new Warden instead of importing your old ones.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/dao/witch_hunt/ <--- official page
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...ndex/4568066/1 <--- official Bioware thread

So this basically wraps up Origins entirely (I use entirely loosely as they can still return to it in the future if they wanted). It's not exactly the 2 years' worth of DLC that they promised, but now they can throw their full resources into DA2.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 16:06   Link #88
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Well, it's officially confirmed. The final DLC package for Dragon Age Origins (again, I don't want to bring up the Origins thread) has been announced; it is set one year after the events of Origins, 6 months after Awakening and most likely Golems of Amgarrak (or at least I'd like to believe it's after GoA because the ending was just wtf).

And it's about Morrigan. The god baby (or lack thereof assuming there was an US ending) will probably be there, seeing as how it happens 1 year after Origins (human gestation periods ftw, right?). I want to see how it plays out if you create a new Warden instead of importing your old ones.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/dao/witch_hunt/ <--- official page
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...ndex/4568066/1 <--- official Bioware thread

So this basically wraps up Origins entirely (I use entirely loosely as they can still return to it in the future if they wanted). It's not exactly the 2 years' worth of DLC that they promised, but now they can throw their full resources into DA2.
Morrigan's actions through the first Dragon Age have always made me wonder what happened with her and the god baby. I mean in Awakening, I thought the main evil person was actually Morrigan being transformed or something. But my thoughts were wrong
Old 2010-08-25, 16:08   Link #89
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

yaaaaay ^_^ finaly! they better not make the ending depressing for us who romanced correctly.
Old 2010-08-25, 16:15   Link #90
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Morrigan's actions through the first Dragon Age have always made me wonder what happened with her and the god baby. I mean in Awakening, I thought the main evil person was actually Morrigan being transformed or something. But my thoughts were wrong
Good thing you were wrong. That's one hell of a boob job and facelift gone wrong.
Old 2010-08-25, 17:02   Link #91
kujoe
from head to heel

I hope Morrigan's DLC will have story branches depending on your decisions at the end of Origins.

There's more than one way of dealing with Morrigan's offer, and the DLC should take those into account. That would give it more replay value, at least more value than the current batch of DLCs we have already.
Old 2010-08-25, 17:49   Link #92
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Hope for more Morrigan's dev .

Anyway , i wonder how Flemeth looks like that now :

http://www.rpgfrance.com/dev/medias/...a202_35860.jpg

Old hotties Well , i guess that she stole someone body .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 17:52   Link #93
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Hope for more Morrigan's dev .

Anyway , i wonder how Flemeth looks like that now :

http://www.rpgfrance.com/dev/medias/...a202_35860.jpg

Old hotties Well , i guess that she stole someone body .
Why do all the immortality seeking crazy old ladies get hot bodies in the end...
Old 2010-08-25, 21:31   Link #94
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, the man himself just confirmed it for me.

In response to a Bioware forum post which criticized this DLC as just an extension of Morrigan's romance subplot...

Quote:
Consider this:

If you're looking on this only from the romance perspective, out of all the romances in Dragon Age Morrigan's is the only one you never get any personal closure on. Not even a little bit. I understand wanting more from Alistair, Zevran and Leliana but you do at least get something from them... whereas from Morrigan you get nothing (albeit for very good reasons).

So for those men who romanced Morrigan, you might want to cut them some slack.

That said, that's not the only reason to do this DLC-- I would think many people would be curious as to what the future holds regarding Morrigan. And, yes, it takes all the various ending states of Origins into account. And, yes, in case anyone's wondering I wrote the Morrigan part.
Oh man, I still have Leliana's Song and GoA to play through, and now this. This is going to be great.
Old 2010-08-25, 21:56   Link #95
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I just started Awakening and plan on 100%ing it then doing GOlems. to get ready to meet my lover once again.

stupid mod made my male noble have a female conversation with alister towards the end, but everything worked out fine like it never happened. stupid mods..
Old 2010-08-25, 22:18   Link #96
Who

Stupid mods indeed.
I turn on my DAModder (the one where it helps you install mods) and some XML error erased every single mod I had and corrupted every save file.

Looks like I'll be playing this from scratch. :<

Edit:
Looks like this is worse than I thought. It got rid of my Awakenings so I have to uninstall the entire thing and reinstall everything.

Last edited by Who; 2010-08-25 at 23:31.
Old 2010-08-25, 23:44   Link #97
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I just started Awakening and plan on 100%ing it then doing GOlems. to get ready to meet my lover once again.

stupid mod made my male noble have a female conversation with alister towards the end, but everything worked out fine like it never happened. stupid mods..
I had that once before. I think it was the dialogue fixes mod for Alistair. I just deleted it from override folder and loaded it again. I find it much easier and less of a hassle to mod my game manually. If something gets borked, I would then exactly know what to fix or restore.

I'm usually careful about modding my game, and the only one I have is the Dragon Age Redesigned mod; and even with that mod, I took it upon myself to only include the redesigns that made more sense to me. (Unfortunately, most of the redesigns follow a common facial template, and a lot of them look somewhat similar in terms of facial structure and such.)

The only dialogue fix that I would recommend is Morrigan's, as that one simply restores lost content, and fixes one of her epilogue slides.
Old 2010-08-26, 14:02   Link #98
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Read bug issues etc... when you choose your mod .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 14:41   Link #99
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Read bug issues etc... when you choose your mod .
It wasn't actually the mods, per se; it was the mod installer (not the one that comes with the game but same difference). I've used it for a good 9 months or so with it breaking on me only once, but I had the backup in that case. This time, it corrupted saves and the AddIn.XML and the backup restores.

I read the fine print when I got it; like 1 in several hundred people who bothered to leave a review behind said a similar thing happened; the others swear by it that it's the best mod installer for DA. But... I'm never going back to it again.
Old 2010-08-26, 23:23   Link #100
killer3000ad

Not sure if this has been posted. A screenie showing in-game Flemeth.
Spoiler for Size:

Tags
bioware, ps3, rpg, windows, xbox360