AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-16, 23:00   Link #721
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
I actually expected Mahouka to be in top 10...and Baka Test out of top 5 (10.5 apparently got lots of great reviews)

Also, apparently, 6 will be adapted into an anime.
My greatest surprise and joy was Horizon; I had hoped it'll break into Top 20, never did I imagine it would enter the Top 10

Now to cross my fingers and hope for Heavy Object to enter the list at 60
Old 2012-11-17, 02:52   Link #722
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Top 10 ranking of Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi:

1. Sword Art Online 290.70
2. Toaru Majutsu no Index 161.60
3. Hero of the Six Flowers 121.43 (Not adapted into anime)

4. Baka Test 116.28
5. Oreimo 107.19
6. My youth romantic comedy is wrong as I expected 94.36 (Not adapated into anime)
7. Durarara 86.02
8. Shinonome Yuuko 82.90 (no anime that I know of)
9. Sakurada Reset 79.90 (no idea of anime)
10. Genesis Series Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon 77.82

11. Accel World
12. Mahouka.
13. Mirror of Heaven Alderamin
14. Bento.
15. Kokoro Connect
16. No Game No Life
17. Haganai.
18. Kino no Tabi.
19. Seitokai series
20. Nourin
For completion sake...

The remaining 40 on the list... Still no Heavy Object Though I recognized a few new titles just out this year...

*highlighted a few known titles*

Quote:
21 アイドライジング!(電撃文庫)
22 ヒカルが地球にいたころ…(ファミ通文庫)
23 問題児たちが異世界から来るそうですよ?(スニーカー文庫)
24 羽月莉音の帝国(ガガガ文庫)
25 人類は衰退しました(ガガガ文庫)
26 灼眼のシャナ(電撃文庫)
27 テッカイオー(SD文庫)
28 織田信奈の野望(GA文庫)
29 クズがみるみるそれなりになる「カマタリさん式」モテ入門(ファミ通文庫)
30 なれる!SE(電撃文庫)
31 龍ヶ嬢七々々の埋蔵金(ファミ通文庫)
32 緋弾のアリア(MF文庫)
33 子ひつじは迷わない(スニーカー文庫)
34 ブラック・ブレット(電撃文庫)
35 冴えない彼女の育てかた(富士見ファンタジア文庫)
36 六畳間の侵略者!?(HJ文庫)
37 マグダラで眠れ(電撃文庫)
38 生徒会探偵キリカ(ラノベ文庫)
39 シュガーシスター1/2(電撃文庫)
40 デート・ア・ライブ(富士見ファンタジア文庫)
41 物語シリーズ(講談社BOX)
42 楽聖少女(ファミ通文庫)
43 バッカーノ!(電撃文庫)
44 アウトブレイク・カンパニー 萌える侵略者(ラノベ文庫)
45 烙印の紋章(電撃文庫)
46 僕の妹は漢字が読める(HJ文庫)
47 僕と彼女のゲーム戦争 (電撃文庫)
48 東京レイヴンズ(富士見ファンタジア文庫)
49 パパのいうことを聞きなさい!(SD文庫)

50 レンタルマギカ(スニーカー文庫)
51 金星特急(ウィングス文庫)
52 変態王子と笑わない猫。(MF文庫)
53 クロス×レガリア(スニーカー文庫)
54 ゴールデンタイム(電撃文庫)
55 さくら荘のペットな彼女(ファミ通文庫)
56 ハイスクールD×D(富士見ファンタジア文庫)
57 スワロウテイル(ハヤカワ文庫JA)
58 カンピオーネ!
59 龍盤七朝 DRAGONBUSTER
60 エスケヱプ・スピヰド
Spoiler for Personal remarks:

P.S - Anybody happened to remember a certain Haruhi Series that made a splash in modern Anime culture? No? Wonder what happened to it... >.>

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-11-17 at 09:53. Reason: added the last three
Old 2012-11-17, 05:10   Link #723
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

女キャラ 御坂美琴、アスナ、稲葉姫子、黒雪姫、柏崎星奈、黒猫、シノン、雪ノ下雪乃、高坂桐乃、三日月夜 空

男キャラ キリト、上条当麻、一歩通行、比企谷八幡、高坂京介、阿良々木暦、司波達也、佐藤洋、杉崎鍵、葵 ・トーリ

Top 10 female:

Misaka Mikoto - Asuna - Inaba Himeko - Kuroyukihime - Kashiwazaki Sena - Kuroneko - Sinon - Yukinoshita Yukino - Kousaka Kirino - Mikazuki Yozora

Top 10 male:

>Kirito - Kamijou Touma - Accelerator - Hikigaya Hachiman - Kousaka Kyousuke - Araragi Koyomi - Shiba Tatsuya - Satou You - Sugisaki Ken - Aoi Toori
Old 2012-11-17, 05:58   Link #724
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru... Both main characters got into the ranking... Now I'm truly watashi kininarimasu !

Quote:
Top 10 female:

Misaka Mikoto - Asuna - Inaba Himeko - Kuroyukihime - Kashiwazaki Sena - Kuroneko - Sinon - Yukinoshita Yukino - Kousaka Kirino - Mikazuki Yozora
Dereban moved up the ranking Yozora still holding on

Wait... Wat? Sinon?! WAHHHH ?! As in GGO's Sinon? She's that popular?!

Quote:
Top 10 male:

>Kirito - Kamijou Touma - Accelerator - Hikigaya Hachiman - Kousaka Kyousuke - Araragi Koyomi - Shiba Tatsuya - Satou You - Sugisaki Ken - Aoi Toori

Holy shit, another victory for Horizon

Like for most of his series, Tatsuya officially haxx'd his way into the top ten

EDIT:

Quote:
1. Abec
2. Buriki
3. Kiyotaka Haimura
4. Shiromizakana (Kokoro Connect)
5. Kantoku (Hentai Ouji)
6. Ponkan8
7. 竹岡美穂 (something-something-swallowtail)
8. Mel Kishida
9. Hiro Kanzaki
10. Kobuichi (Hidan no Aria)

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-11-17 at 08:24.
Old 2012-11-17, 08:12   Link #725
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
For completion sake...

The remaining 40 on the list... Still no Heavy Object Though I recognized a few new titles just out this year...

37 マグダラで眠れ(電撃文庫)
Wow, Magdala is on the top 50. Although I'm one of the person who keep recommending this, I think it's still a little too early for Magdala to make the ranking so I'm quite happy with this. I'm curious about the breakdown for Magdala though, from which party does the series got the most of its votes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post

Anyways, the "critics"' votes are the ones that are most valuable (imo) anyway. Too bad MW Bunko isn't consider a light novel, otherwise we all know which series would be on top of every single ranking.
That answers everything . I agree with you completely, Biblia will win the best series and best female character ranking, and in contention of number one in best male character ranking

Quote:
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru... Both main characters got into the ranking... Now I'm truly watashi kininarimasu !

EDIT:

6. ぽんかん8 (I have no freaking clue )
That's the illustrator for the series you mention in bold(Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru)
Old 2012-11-17, 08:24   Link #726
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
That's the illustrator for the series you mention in bold(Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru)
Lol yeah, I see it now

"Ponkan8".

That series seem to have score quite a bit of popularity this year, having representatives in every category of top ten.

In the Female category, Kuroyukihime is a no brainer, but I didn't expect Sinon to be popular as well. We got alot of rivals as well with Sena/Yozora and Kuroneko/Kirino.... Poor Alice and Hitagi got bumped off after two years and Haruhi is nowhere in sight.
Old 2012-11-17, 09:00   Link #727
whitecloud

for top female and male...misaka and touma is always there.... misaka is no 1? and touma 2?
Old 2012-11-17, 09:10   Link #728
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
for top female and male...misaka and touma is always there.... misaka is no 1? and touma 2?
It's the same for Kirito and Asuna just in reverse.

Misaka has been there for 4 years straight, like what Teh_Ping said she's near immortalized with no one even close to touching her I don't know about his earlier rankings, but Kamijou was Number 1 three years ago, then overtaken by Kirito in this last two years...Both of their points were at an arm and sword length apart from each other...
Old 2012-11-17, 09:18   Link #729
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
It's the same for Kirito and Asuna just in reverse.

Misaka has been there for 4 years straight, like what Teh_Ping said she's near immortalized with not one even close to touching her I don't know about his earlier rankings, but Kamijou was first 3 years ago, then overtaken by Kirito in this last 2 years...Both of their points were at an arm and sword length apart...
Not this year though. Anyway, Touma was champion in 11, and Kirito was champion last year. Mikoto has been going at it for 4 years.

Got to mention this...courtesy of js06:

>Name - Points/Votes
>Mikoto - 714/271
>Asuna - 634/244
>Himeko - 298/131

>Kirito - 1074/455
>Touma - 555/236
>Accel - 348/169

If there's a chance for Asuna to dethrone Mikoto, this would be the best year.
Old 2012-11-17, 09:39   Link #730
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Not this year though. Anyway, Touma was champion in 11, and Kirito was champion last year. Mikoto has been going at it for 4 years.

>Name - Points/Votes
>Mikoto - 714/271
>Asuna - 634/244
>Himeko - 298/131

>Kirito - 1074/455
>Touma - 555/236
>Accel - 348/169

Lol, scratched what I've said earlier- the SAO Anime gave both of them an incredible boost. I still think it's possible for Kamijou to take back his position next year with the coming of the Index Movie and Railgun S2, but for Asuna.... Yeah, it's impossible.

EDIT:

The last 3 titles are out:

58 カンピオーネ!
59 龍盤七朝 DRAGONBUSTER
60 エスケヱプ・スピヰド

The only one I know is Campione! at #58
Old 2012-11-17, 10:03   Link #731
larethian

Quote:
For completion sake...

*highlighted a few known titles*

Spoiler for Personal remarks:

P.S - Anybody happened to remember a certain Haruhi Series that made a splash in modern Anime culture? No? Wonder what happened to it... >.>
Rental Magica just ended. You missed out 3 places down, クロス×レガリア(スニーカー文庫)(Cross x Regalia) is new series by the same author of Rental Magica (currently 3 volumes IIRC). I've read only v1; I liked the setting and the use of Oriental flavor in the story, but nothing overly fantastic to me yet. It has very nice illustrations however.

I find it strange that nobody has commented yet on Kamiya Yuu's "No Game No Life" debuting at 16, and which he illustrated himself as well.

And I never realized Kodansha Box label (of which Monogatari series belongs to) is a light novel label, since it has no inside illustrations and the books are of different dimensions.

Shana won't stay and will fade into oblivion like Haruhi since it has ended.

I wonder what's the monitor and collaborator score for Nobuna, since the writing style is not among the best (imo)......
Old 2012-11-17, 10:04   Link #732
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Oh btw, as for why there's no Haruhi...there's no release this year, remember?
Old 2012-11-17, 10:08   Link #733
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Rental Magica just ended.

Quote:
You missed out 3 places down, クロス×レガリア(スニーカー文庫)is new series by the same author (currently 3 volumes IIRC). I've read only v1; I liked the setting and the use of Oriental flavor in the story, but nothing overly fantastic to me yet. It has very nice illustrations however.
Yeah at that time for some reason, 2ch neglected to post them...>.>

But no worries, I've just added them

The only thing now is to wait for the other 20 (both gender) character ranking positions... And maybe even some statistics if the 2ch powers-that-be would be so kind enough to give them up >.>

EDIT:

Quote:
Oh btw, as for why there's no Haruhi...there's no release this year, remember?
You would think that something of that magnitude wouldn't need a release to gather votes... >.>

Unless... That's part of the rules?
Old 2012-11-17, 10:13   Link #734
larethian

Quote:
Unless... That's part of the rules?
I believe so because the rank is for the year period. In the first place, macromill is only contracted to look at the series released for that year. But I could be mistaken.
You asked previously why they need a 3rd party, probably because even all the readers and collaborators may not have read all the published light novels for that year (just my guess).
Old 2012-11-17, 10:52   Link #735
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
You asked previously why they need a 3rd party, probably because even all the readers and collaborators may not have read all the published light novels for that year (just my guess).
Well whatever the reason it's thanks to their strong support that series like Index, BakaTest and Durarara manages to retain their positions despite suffering from very low Collaborator votes, so no complaints from me.

(As I've suggested to Kuro, all three of these series have too much bishounens or BL vibes hence the low critics score )
Old 2012-11-17, 11:35   Link #736
larethian

Quote:
Well whatever the reason it's thanks to their strong support that series like Index, BakaTest and Durarara manages to retain their positions despite suffering from very low Collaborator votes, so no complaints from me.

(As I've suggested to Kuro, all three of these series have too much bishounens or BL vibes hence the low critics score )
I think this is just assumption on your part. We don't know how the collaborator voting system work, and I'm not going to invest time to research it. For all we know, it may be preferential-based voting (where they can dish out only a limited number of votes), rather than score assignment to each and individual series, and the fact that collaborator group can't possibly include all professionals in the industry will add a luck element to it; some collaborators might not even have read the series (unless they first do some kind of statistical testing methods to select the sampling group of collaborators to maximize fairness). All in all, it just reflects the professional viewpoint, which clearly will have a disparity from the reader viewpoint for some titles. If we are interested in only reader viewpoint, we can just use sales figures. One's personal preference and ranking is his own. The Konorano survey just measures up each title against one another for the sampled population and tells us what others feel about it. Of course, one can use it as a reference guide to try out new titles, at his own risk. Ok, this is really my last post; got a flight to catch in the morning.....
Old 2012-11-17, 12:18   Link #737
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:

>Name - Points/Votes
>Mikoto - 714/271
>Asuna - 634/244
>Himeko - 298/131

>Kirito - 1074/455
>Touma - 555/236
>Accel - 348/169

Wait ... going by these values, does that mean Miko and Asuna both beat Touma?!!
And Kirito got more points/votes than Touma and Accel combined ...

Quote:
Wait... Wat? Sinon?! WAHHHH ?! As in GGO's Sinon? She's that popular?!
Heh?! Weren't you the one talking about how pairings can drastically increase popularity ... although I don't know about the general opinion, I'll still say that I personally like KiritoXsinon sooooooo much more than KiritoxAsuna even though they are a fated couple.

But anyway, Teh_Ping, without spoiling me, can you explain what's the meaning of this? Did she get an important role/appearance in the recent volumes or is it just some impossibly strong after effect of what happened during the previous ones?
Old 2012-11-17, 13:46   Link #738
blackwhite67
Banned

I'd like to explain Touma's fall from grace by blaming Kamachi for being slow on the new releases.
Old 2012-11-17, 15:57   Link #739
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Touma was second among men, that's great, fans should be happy not to suffer the disappointment of not seeing their favorite characters name in the top 10. not to mention that soon after comes the Accelerator.
Old 2012-11-17, 17:47   Link #740
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
I'd like to explain Touma's fall from grace by blaming Kamachi for being slow on the new releases.
Rather than say Kamijou fell, it's more appropriate to say that Kirito's rise was inevitable.

No matter what he was never going to beat Kirito this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Heh?! Weren't you the one talking about how pairings can drastically increase popularity ... although I don't know about the general opinion, I'll still say that I personally like KiritoXsinon sooooooo much more than KiritoxAsuna even though they are a fated couple.
Yeah, but you're only one man, flesh and blood. Sure there might be a few of you but there was never any sign that she had a strong following.

If anything the only one I've heard that could/would rival Asuna is Alice.
Closed Thread

Tags
bunko, light novels, manga, new releases