AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-12-16, 07:38   Link #38701
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post

Hey, StraroSpear. I know that this is a random question but, if Inami would have a personal transportation (not the Minerva), what would it be?
Haven't thought about that before... I'd say a bike but he's 17 so he may not be qualified for one yet.
Old 2012-12-16, 09:39   Link #38702
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

As Jak asked before and rectified, 17 is fairly normal age to own a motorcycle (16 minimum). And as I brought, it really depends on personal needs and preference because most people use train or bus.

EDIT: in fact, since extension armor cannot be compressed into data in the TLR verse, it has to be transformed into something else, so Dan has his metal Wolf transform into somewhat underpowered touring motorcycle (the loophole is as long as it's under 400cc, normal license may apply)

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-12-16 at 09:53.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 09:51   Link #38703
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I see... Then again, Inami doesn't have any license anyways.

On the subject of transportation:
Spoiler for Recovery:

That is (part of)the beginning scene for chapter after the one where Gospel's defeated.
Old 2012-12-16, 10:07   Link #38704
demino_hellsin
That one guy

MayaxClarissa

Anyone riding this ship with me?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 10:13   Link #38705
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I'll try if it's played for laughs.

Otherwise, nay.
Old 2012-12-16, 10:16   Link #38706
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Half laugh, half serious.

Considering the skill heirarchy they have. Its like a loopy game of RPS.
Old 2012-12-16, 10:45   Link #38707
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Up to you then

------

Anyway, speaking of ace custom, I realize that going with Gundam route isn't much of a stretch considering the verse.

1. Ran switched to Gripen, but it's too underpowered for her taste and replaced F404/RM12 with crazier F414 engine. (+25% thrust, -20% combat radius)

2. Likewise, Ichika's MiG-29K got Thrust Vectoring nozzles + Zhuk MFE radar set (+15% maneuverability, +10% sensor)

Even though I'm talking about fighter jets, because I use real life hardware I think it's more believeable (real life doesn't reward 'aces' with better machinery though ). At least I don't need to find every freaking super prototype for every character.
Old 2012-12-16, 10:53   Link #38708
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Super prototypes don't happen in real life because the machines just turn up as numbers in real life. Pilots aren't assigned a lasting machine as far as I know and personal modifications are generally against regulation. Request of official upgrades requires proper reasoning or else its considered a waste of funds.
Old 2012-12-16, 10:59   Link #38709
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Exactly, which is why I use real hardware and real modification. It's not like they're requesting the upgrade either, the commander is. Ichika simply deemed can't catch up quickly enough (he's fighting against almost-godlike ace with 50+ kill, who ALSO ride top-of-the-line 4.5th gen fighter, can't blame him) and Ran is plain BAD with anything with less than 1:1 T/W ratio, despite being a good pilot most of the time (so the need of powerboost is justified)...

Super prototype does exist in Strangereal, but they tend to be one-off instead, and with a good reason: they're a real nightmare for the maintenance crew, and maintaining them is damn expensive, many of them doesn't even came into service and thus waste of development money (whereas gundam tend to get 'dumbed down mass production' route instead)

EDIT: hell, Houki's Falken rendered unusable for sometime until Tabane send a new batch of parts... after it got turned into fighter equivalent of Ez-8

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-12-16 at 11:54.
Old 2012-12-16, 11:04   Link #38710
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Ichika having 4 of the strongest women at his beck and call... Somewhat. A genius scientist that made these 4 women so dangerous and a nosy badluck reporter living in with them all. And I'm still contemplating the bisexual terrorist and her lesbian girlfriend.

Gawd I need to write cake eater again.
Old 2012-12-16, 18:33   Link #38711
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Haven't thought about that before... I'd say a bike but he's 17 so he may not be qualified for one yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
As Jak asked before and rectified, 17 is fairly normal age to own a motorcycle (16 minimum). And as I brought, it really depends on personal needs and preference because most people use train or bus.

EDIT: in fact, since extension armor cannot be compressed into data in the TLR verse, it has to be transformed into something else, so Dan has his metal Wolf transform into somewhat underpowered touring motorcycle (the loophole is as long as it's under 400cc, normal license may apply)
Yes. For my guys, I already thought of having my guys use Sport-Touring Motorcycles.

And getting a license for a motorcycle, you need to be at least 16 years old, but it's actually broken down like this.

Small/Mid-Sized Motorcycles (below 400 cc): 16 years of age

Large-Sized (400+ cc): 18 years of age.

So for my guys, it would look like this:

250 cc for Eric, Eddie and Brian (all 17 years old)

400 cc for Clayton (18 years old)
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 19:31   Link #38712
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Foreshadowing....

Quote:
Admiral Nevile Wilkinson sat comfortably on his seat, being the highest ranked person in the battlefleet, he scoffed at the though of acting blind against what could be considered pivotal surprise ever: Mobius One has damaged a yellow.

THE freaking Mobius One, because his plane can't catch up. All his outstanding feat has been negated not because his plane is bad, but it's because the plane is not good enough. He fought against the legendary yellows, in their Su-37, decisively nicknamed Terminator.

Ichika made no excuse in his 'failure', but everyone had said the opposite, he almost got a Yellow on it's tail and set a fire on it, there's nothing unimpressive about that.

"From the get go, Mobius One is the type that go for offensive close range battle, so Hornet is out of question... however, we can give him enough power with standard K-type Fulcrum"

"Explain"

The chief engineer handed one piece of proposal, the Admiral examined it carefully, the kind of upgrades seemingly simple on paper, but the logistic issue will be a pain. Nevertheless, chickening out is not an option, so he smiled.

"I don't know how, but we have to get those parts ASAP"

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-12-16 at 19:45.
Old 2012-12-16, 21:16   Link #38713
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post

EDIT: hell, Houki's Falken rendered unusable for sometime until Tabane send a new batch of parts... after it got turned into fighter equivalent of Ez-8
Shouldn't it be the other way round?

Falken worked for a while but due to being experimental, it break down frequently. Till a point where the damages got too severe to be repair and some parts has to be replaced.

Since they don't have the special parts made by Tabane, they resorted to recycling whatever they had and turn the Falken into akin to Ez-8.

It worked for a while before it stop functioning completely and placed Houki out of action until Tabane sent replacement part (her justification is: the parts take time to make)
Old 2012-12-16, 22:48   Link #38714
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Shouldn't it be the other way round?

Falken worked for a while but due to being experimental, it break down frequently. Till a point where the damages got too severe to be repair and some parts has to be replaced.

Since they don't have the special parts made by Tabane, they resorted to recycling whatever they had and turn the Falken into akin to Ez-8.

It worked for a while before it stop functioning completely and placed Houki out of action until Tabane sent replacement part (her justification is: the parts take time to make)
Yes, Tabane send the more essential parts after Falken's body can't accept more substitutes (the performance degrades as more parts replaced). So We have Ground Gundam turned into Ez-8 and then restored to Ez-8 shaped Ground Gundam....

Thankfully, Flanker and Eagle spares seems to fit perfectly for the less-sensitive parts.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-12-16 at 23:45.
Old 2012-12-17, 00:58   Link #38715
Eratas123

Partly done with the new chapter of "Reversal". Senpai, can you read a draft I have planned?
Old 2012-12-17, 01:00   Link #38716
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yes, the usual deal
Old 2012-12-17, 03:18   Link #38717
DarkJak2050

I'm wondering, is it wrong if an OC manages to land some hits on Laura when fighting her?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 03:26   Link #38718
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I don't think so. Then again, I'm not the fandom

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2012-12-17 at 03:45.
Old 2012-12-17, 04:13   Link #38719
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nope. Especially if she's in schwarzer regen.

It's fast on the ground, but nimbleness is not it's best feature (at least, statwise...)
Old 2012-12-17, 04:56   Link #38720
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Spoiler for cake eater: the morning after the bath:

Fee here is german for fairy. I think.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest