AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-19, 02:51   Link #1981
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
No before the experiment the only magic they know that Tatsuya can do is Restoration. In their standard that is not actually magic. Cause it only restore the already existing psion to its original form and cannot change it.
First time I've heard about this since from what I know the experiment only based around flash cast. Not to mention that it seems he only mastered restoration after saving Miyuki. Remember that part where Tatsuya got injured and got scolded by Minori(minoru? wha'ts her name again?)? I think he haven't even mastered his ability yet since he could still get injured.

He seems to have mastered disintegration though since he disintegrated the torpedos attacking their submarines.

Last edited by Von Himmel; 2012-12-19 at 02:57. Reason: got the wrong name
Old 2012-12-19, 03:35   Link #1982
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
That was more like personal view though, rather than the whole family's treatment. It's like saying First High as a whole act like an ass toward Tatsuya when only select few like Morisaki does that. Also, FLT officially belong to the Shiba family instead of Yotsuba family(more on their family situation will be touched upon in vol 6), and the Shiba is not exactly fond of Yotsuba either.

Ninja'ed . Like I said, psion count is the raw power, it's like height in basketball, useless without skill accompanying it.

Disintegration on it's own is basic magic, unlike complicated magic like Miyuki's, but I agree that doing it fast is difficult. My point is, Tatsuya as a child might not have already shown that he will be able to take that basic magic and master it completely. Using my earlier analogy, if you see a kid able to do multiplication at 6, who later is able to master it and able to do multiplication with a lot of large number his head in 10 seconds after he grow up, you will think of him as brilliant, but there's no way to know he will be brilliant when he was 6 and seeing him doing multiplication at 6 year old certainly wouldn't deter anyone from steering him to do something else beside math for a living.
i just read the part that described disintegration as NOT being basic and that it was actually extremely difficult to use. I even found the exact part that states this

Spoiler for decomposition story description:

That was from volume 2 chapter 11
Old 2012-12-19, 03:46   Link #1983
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
No before the experiment the only magic they know that Tatsuya can do is Restoration. In their standard that is not actually magic. Cause it only restore the already existing psion to its original form and cannot change it.
Don't know where you got that from. Both disintegration and restoration are natural for him. In fact his original MPC is wholly devoted to these 2 magics, which is why they are a cut above anybody else's use of them.

Though the second part is sorta right. The Yotsuba see neither ability as "true" magic. He could only "delete" or restore the eidos, not create something from nothing(aka change).

EDIT: Seems I wasn't quick enough. The guy above me already found the relevant quote.
Old 2012-12-19, 04:16   Link #1984
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmm, it seems I remember it wrong then. I always thought that basic disintegration and restoration is basic magic(Miyuki was able to restore dirty clothes for example), but it seems the Japan wiki also said those 2 is of the highest difficulties. Sorry about that *dogeza'ed"
Old 2012-12-19, 04:22   Link #1985
cyberdemon

Quote:
Hmm, it seems I remember it wrong then. I always thought that basic disintegration and restoration is basic magic(Miyuki was able to restore dirty clothes for example), but it seems the Japan wiki also said those 2 is of the highest difficulties. Sorry about that *dogeza'ed"
Pretty sure the clothes spell was something different than restoration.

They are probably able to use imitations of them but those wouldnt be nearly the same in terms of power. Much like Tatsuya is only able to use imitations of normal magic.
Old 2012-12-19, 07:04   Link #1986
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Pretty sure the clothes spell was something different than restoration.

They are probably able to use imitations of them but those wouldnt be nearly the same in terms of power. Much like Tatsuya is only able to use imitations of normal magic.
Spoiler for JOMG!:
Old 2012-12-19, 07:56   Link #1987
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post
Spoiler for JOMG!:
There are others who can use a partial restoration however they are not on the same level as Tatsuya because Tatsuya is permanent while the others are temporary to the level as it is only a first aid.
Old 2012-12-19, 14:03   Link #1988
kfcpanda

his is "regrowth" rather than just "restore"

from what others have supplied, the two have two completely different intents

something about how normal healing is just rewriting eidos to alleviate while restoration is loading an exact copy.

not sure if you can even say they're of the same type.

it'd be like comparing aspirin to chemotherapy

also as others have pointed out you were incorrect in the assessment of his beginning magic--he had decomposition & regeneration from the getgo, decomposition didn't develop from regen
Old 2012-12-19, 20:38   Link #1989
blackwhite67
Banned

^I think Restore is a better term for his magic. Sounds a lot better than Regrowth and more fitting, too.

ALERT! On Jcafe, ZeroUrashima and aespire have released stunning new information on Maya, the current head of the Yotsuba and her enigmatic magic "Night".

Spoiler for Maya Yotsuba and Night:
Their exact words.
Old 2012-12-19, 20:49   Link #1990
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
^I think Restore is a better term for his magic. Sounds a lot better than Regrowth and more fitting, too.

ALERT! On Jcafe, ZeroUrashima and aespire have released stunning new information on Maya, the current head of the Yotsuba and her enigmatic magic "Night".

Their exact words.
Spoiler for Maya:
Old 2012-12-19, 21:03   Link #1991
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:

Their exact words.
That spoiler is right. It's from the short story in vol 8 I mentioned earlier.
Spoiler for Maya:
Old 2012-12-19, 21:03   Link #1992
kfcpanda

Quote:
perhaps, i just wanted more to define the distinction
Old 2012-12-19, 21:10   Link #1993
blackwhite67
Banned

@kuroishinigami: By short story, are you referring to that Untouchable Nightmare story? Could you tell us who was the enemy that abducted Maya?
Old 2012-12-19, 21:10   Link #1994
willx
Nyaaan~~

Wow, they made Maya's life so much darker..

Outlook is negative
Old 2012-12-19, 21:30   Link #1995
blackwhite67
Banned

From what kuroishinigami said, it seems to me like Tatsuya is the main force keeping the Yotsuba in power. His contributions as Silver of FLT is providing the Yotsuba with financial stability, if not netting them massive financial power. His position in the Independent Magical Battalion and as Japan's (best and most powerful) strategic-class magician ensures the Yotsuba's protection by the government and provides the Yotsuba with powerful connections. They call the guy bringing food to the table and keeping them alive a failure.
Old 2012-12-19, 21:39   Link #1996
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

That's also wrong. The Yotsuba might have declined in power, but Miya and Maya is still considered top-notch magician even by Kujou Retsu. Miyuki herself is no slouch either. Although she's still young, her potential is on par, if not more bigger than the other 10 family next heir. They're might not be known as the most influentia anymore, but they're still plenty strong. As for financial power, the FLT is not directly under Yotsuba, so it's implied that they have their own source of finance. The sibling father is not officially a Yotsuba anymore after remarrying(they don't need him anymore after producing Miyuki anyway), and he's not exactly fond ofYotsuba anyway, so I really doubt the Yotsuba will leave any important finance source under such person. Make you wonder how strong the influence of the Yotsuba is before the incident huh?
Old 2012-12-19, 21:43   Link #1997
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
That spoiler is right. It's from the short story in vol 8 I mentioned earlier.
Spoiler for Maya:
I want to see the
Spoiler for Grandpa and Maya:
Old 2012-12-19, 21:47   Link #1998
aka113

who were the ones who attacked the yotsuba.
Old 2012-12-19, 21:52   Link #1999
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
That's also wrong. The Yotsuba might have declined in power, but Miya and Maya is still considered top-notch magician even by Kujou Retsu. Miyuki herself is no slouch either. Although she's still young, her potential is on par, if not more bigger than the other 10 family next heir. They're might not be known as the most influentia anymore, but they're still plenty strong. As for financial power, the FLT is not directly under Yotsuba, so it's implied that they have their own source of finance. The sibling father is not officially a Yotsuba anymore after remarrying(they don't need him anymore after producing Miyuki anyway), and he's not exactly fond ofYotsuba anyway, so I really doubt the Yotsuba will leave any important finance source under such person. Make you wonder how strong the influence of the Yotsuba is before the incident huh?
I am sure someone said that, concerning FLT, although the father is president the power of attorney lies with the Yotsuba.
Old 2012-12-19, 21:55   Link #2000
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
I want to see the
Spoiler for Grandpa and Maya:
Spoiler for Miya and Maya:
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings