AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-03, 20:01   Link #1101
thelok

The animation was really good throughout the episode. Also lots of good emo.

Last edited by thelok; 2011-07-03 at 20:26.
thelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 20:38   Link #1102
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I couldn't force myself to watch the episode till I had watched the OP 16 times and told myself I probably should stop.

The episode itself was good.

Afterwards I watched the OP another 4 times. God, the animation is gorgeous, the song itself is hilarious, what is there not to like. One of the best OP's I've ever watched. I don't think I had watched an OP that made me feel this pumped since CLANNAD AS OP's, Good stuff.

Last edited by Proto; 2011-07-03 at 20:59.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 22:08   Link #1103
Pheonix03

Mio and Yuuko's argument was the most exciting scene I've seen in any anime in recent memory; just amazing!

I hope Mai gets more scenes soon.
Pheonix03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 22:23   Link #1104
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
I love how the openings have nothing to do with Nichijou, but rather Hyadain himself.
It looks like the character songs (the Shinonome three release this week, by the way), which he had a hand in composing, follow the same pattern. All the songs thus listed are titled "[Character Name]'s [Something]"
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 04:53   Link #1105
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas84 View Post
Best episode yet. Nano was really cute. More Sakamoto is always a good thing. He is my all-time favorite anime cat by far. And the detail in the ED was AMAZING! Someone has to take that and draw a map of their town.
If you go the the kyoani's nichijou website, you can find a map, with clickable buildings, listing where the characters live. Unfortunately i don't think it has been updated for a while, so not all buildings have infos on them.

Link to kyoani's nichijou site
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 05:12   Link #1106
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

This show just keeps getting better and now they kicked it up a notch by having nano in school. the ED is bloody awesome
Old 2011-07-04, 07:16   Link #1107
Silverwyrm

Wow, the new opening, and the fight was awesome XD the way it dragged on changing subjects and looping around was like "what? its still going on?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
Funny how just a little extra dash of Nano makes this show actually work...
It needed to mix up the characters a bit imo, nano was actually in school very early in the manga but rarely shown there, I think they did it like this to make it all flow better.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 09:03   Link #1108
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Definitely a great recovery from last weeks' weaker episode, very funny and entertaining again .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 11:34   Link #1109
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Wowowow, what a fantastic episode in every way. New, OP, new ED, Nano finally going to school, things are moving along.

Quote:
Mio and Yuuko's argument was the most exciting scene I've seen in any anime in recent memory; just amazing!

I hope Mai gets more scenes soon.
Hah, I agree completely, for some reason I was literally on the edge of my seat, it was so unexpected. Even Mai got some trolling in there. Man what a great episode. ~_~
Old 2011-07-04, 13:50   Link #1110
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Having Nano and Yuuko in the same episode should have caused the universe to collapse on itself. Thankfully it didn't.

I can't get enough of Nano, but the best part of the episode was the ED. That has to be one of the most creative, heartwarming Where's Wally -esque segments I've ever seen. It may look simple but I can swear to believe it wasn't easy to animate,
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 16:42   Link #1111
Fran~
floating away...

Ahahaha... Yuuko's shoes were so funny!!!!... The argument was incredible, awesome and epic.

Tsubasa wo Kudasai always bring tears to my eyes for a lot of reasons..
Old 2011-07-04, 18:11   Link #1112
inisipis

A very entertaining episode.

It's as if the first 13 eps. one long build-up for Nano's school entrance and meeting the rest of the gang. But, it's that over charged spat between Yuuko and Mio that makes this exceptional. Both girls really loose it. Thought that Mio would be out for blood and dish out more brutal punishment, but Yuuko really sets some hell-fires herself. Regardless it is done in a cartoon fashion, the situation seems really uncanny to what I experince in real life.

Then there's that nice pleasant ending sequence with that old 70's song, really sublime.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 19:29   Link #1113
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Must... stop.... watching... OP...
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 19:43   Link #1114
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Episode 14 was a really fun episode…
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 21:05   Link #1115
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yeah, I've noticed that I keep replaying the new OP over and over again...and I'm not sure why.
Old 2011-07-04, 21:26   Link #1116
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

and i keep replaying the ending song, hell i even made a sig out of it!
Old 2011-07-05, 00:48   Link #1117
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Yeah, I've already watched the OP a good 2 dozen times, it's so good, not necessarily the song, but just the whole package, it's fantastic.

Everyone else also seems to agree as it already has 200k views on youtube in 2 days. This is good, I really hope Nichijou is very well received, my favorite anime in years.
Old 2011-07-05, 06:41   Link #1118
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
It needed to mix up the characters a bit imo, nano was actually in school very early in the manga but rarely shown there, I think they did it like this to make it all flow better.
The manga is a bit chaotic anyway, nano is seen in school in an earlier chapter, but in a later chapter it shows how she attends her first class.
In the anime the time line is more structured.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 07:37   Link #1119
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

That episode made me want to write a song:
The levels of epicness
Unapproachble
Sky.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 09:34   Link #1120
black_star
How should i say it?

While the anime has given us some madness, this episode takes it to a whole new level. Seriously.

I got shocked when the ending changed to tsubasa wo kudasai, but hey, sayaka got us a nice cover version!
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice! - Doquixote Doflamingo

MAL Twitter
black_star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen, slice of life