AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-03-18, 16:44   Link #121
blackwhite67
Banned

1. Looks like karma caught up with Franky after all.
2. What are the odds that Franky'll absorb Urokai's soul weapon? I mean it's as close as it can get to him.
3. We could really use Rai right now.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 12:45   Link #122
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

FINALLY!!

This has to be one of the worst comics for cliffhangers...maaaan.
Old 2013-03-25, 13:09   Link #123
Awrya
U mad?

Next chapter, the first decision the noble elders will make is to bow to Rai.
Cliffhanger reminds me of Lukedonia arc, when Rai appeared before the Lords Shrine, need the next chapter.
Old 2013-03-25, 21:17   Link #124
Pacify

Woo Rai finally shows up. Good to see the union elders know how royally fucked they are
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 21:34   Link #125
iK@r0s

but rai is still weakened so!!! I don't think the outcome after the battle (even if they win) will have favorable result to rai
Old 2013-03-26, 00:37   Link #126
Ddraig

The two elders that are there will probably thinking of running it first since they know who Rai are but the werewolf girl will likely try to pick a fight with Rai.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 02:41   Link #127
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig View Post
The two elders that are there will probably thinking of running it first since they know who Rai are but the werewolf girl will likely try to pick a fight with Rai.
I don't know about that, the 5th elder seems to have lost her fighting spirit what with her fight with Frankenstein being stolen.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 11:31   Link #128
Ddraig

After this chapter something about Rai power bothering me. I'm pretty sure that they all mistaken something about his power draining his lifeforce the more he use his body wont be able to handle it. His power might just be too strong that he cant control it once unleash.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 12:35   Link #129
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

No "Kneel"...I am a bit disappointed. Other than that, Rai kicking ass and being awesome

Though, their reaction to him was interesting, there really must have been something huge in the past...and they seem like they still have an extreme respect for him even though they switched sides...like they are angry and sad he's not acknowledging them.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 12:47   Link #130
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Though, their reaction to him was interesting, there really must have been something huge in the past...and they seem like they still have an extreme respect for him even though they switched sides...like they are angry and sad he's not acknowledging them.
They're like children, especially Urokai, angry that their parent isn't paying them any attention even after they made a big mess of the house.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2013-04-01, 12:54   Link #131
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I wonder if they wanted Rai to be the Lord but his refusal and apathy toward those that looked up to him while still looking only at humans made them snap and betray him.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 12:56   Link #132
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I wonder if they wanted Rai to be the Lord but his refusal and apathy toward those that looked up to him while still looking only at humans made them snap and betray him.
It feels more like they don't understand him. Actually the only characters so far that seem to understand him are the former Lord and Frankenstein. I doubt they wanted him to be Lord though, since they attacked him 3-4 hundred years before the Lord and the other clan leaders went into eternal sleep. And then after that happened is when they rebelled.

Old 2013-04-01, 13:24   Link #133
Zakoo

God that's too intense for me, my body can't take it anymore.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 13:52   Link #134
blackwhite67
Banned

This is probably the first time we see Rai getting serious and judging from their conversation it looks like their betrayal isn't all that it seems. If anything Urokai's angry at Rai's acceptance of their betrayal, which means he and Zarga never wanted to betray Rai. BTW, that last panel reminds of some historic art piece what with the wings and the bloody tear.

EDIT: According to the translation by EGscans, it looks like Urokai was jealous Rai took in Frankenstein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig View Post
After this chapter something about Rai power bothering me. I'm pretty sure that they all mistaken something about his power draining his lifeforce the more he use his body wont be able to handle it. His power might just be too strong that he cant control it once unleash.
You may be on to something there. Despite the fact that Rai has used up a significant amount of his life force, his power output hasn't changed at all, which means his life force isn't being converted into power.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-04-01 at 17:22.
Old 2013-04-01, 18:47   Link #135
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
You may be on to something there. Despite the fact that Rai has used up a significant amount of his life force, his power output hasn't changed at all, which means his life force isn't being converted into power.
Not entirely true, if it works off the idea of "cast from hitpoints". He could have had hundreds of thousands of health but each use of his power has dropped him closer and closer to 0. It's possible that the fight with the clan leaders 820 years ago before he went into hibernation took him dangerously close to 0, obviously they thought he had died and not just hibernate. As long as he still has enough "hitpoints" to use his abilities the power isn't diminished at all.

Old 2013-04-01, 19:18   Link #136
blackwhite67
Banned

But real life is different you know. If you take damage and your HP drops, just because you have some left doesn't mean you can deal the same amount of damage as if you had a full health bar.
Old 2013-04-01, 20:20   Link #137
Xacual

This isn't real life you know, this is a story, his powers can work anyway the author decides for it to work. I'm just giving an alternate explanation for how they might work.

Old 2013-04-01, 20:48   Link #138
blackwhite67
Banned

I know this isn't real life, but it mimics it in this regard. If you take damage, you won't be able to use as much strength as if you were all better. What you described only happens in video games.
Old 2013-04-01, 22:44   Link #139
Pacify

Cliff hangers erry day dammit. Awesome chapter tho
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 11:06   Link #140
Kirihara_R

Spoiler for ….:
Kirihara_R is offline   Reply With Quote