AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-09, 02:31   Link #6321
UltimateClash

Intresting tidbit to throw to the debate:

Q1 is the algebraic position for the Queen in chess.
UltimateClash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 02:35   Link #6322
Stargaze
Lost in the starry sky...

I'd say it is all open for interpretations, some say this, some say that. Yet at the end of the day, nothing comes out of it. It is a metaphor, it all just depends on from which perspective you look at, though I'm incline to think that C.C. is the player, but there is nothing that is backing my statement.

And besides, is there a point in arguing about this? Being the queen is not necessary good at all.
Old 2008-08-09, 02:39   Link #6323
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elicit View Post
We're watching the same series, correct? Because I think, on numerous times, C.C. has also saved Lelouch, protecting him. Like dressing up as him, distracting Suzaku, Mao, etc.

You're only focusing on the already basic and physical aspects of the Queen, which, of course, can be attributed to Kallen. But, on the whole? I can say they both have half and half on what a Queen is.

Check this.

Lelouch is holding the King piece, whilst C.C. is holding the Queen piece. A Knight piece has the typical horse image, while the rook has basic castle look.
Your pic is just like I say; Eye candy, merchandising.

I'm focusing on who has with her the Queen aspects of the serie.
CC isn't on the battle like Kallen is, CC is out of there (Geass plot is above the Rebllion), her way to help Lelouch are just like morbosfits say, just like a player could move his pieces , the fact that Lelouch knows nothing about her is a plus in this direction; I'm taking about the serie, not about the rest.

Strongest piece of the Game : Kallen
Piece wich is protecting the King : Kallen
Person who is showing in the serie when Lelouch is holding the black Queen: Kallen
Person which is giving by Lelouch the codename Q1 (wich is the code for the queen in chess): Kallen

The only thing that CC has to her about this queen is...let's see...some resemblances to the chess piece or a promotional scan...I'm calling that merchandising, nothing about the serie and their role.
Even if CC is acting as a Queen, she is not the black queen of the rebellion, since the chess are used on the battle, CC has nothing to do with it.

Edit : BTW, I'm sorry to be off topic, I didn't saw it was the image thread...

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 02:45   Link #6324
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
I wrote on another forum describing how Kallen is very much like the Queen on the chess board. In Chess the Queen is the most versatile and powerful fighter in the game.
Let's also not forget that her code name with Lelouch is Q-1

I've also felt that C.C. was more a player. She mostly just sits back while things are happening. Kallen has done much more in battle then C.C. She's active at times and has save Lelouch, but she's hardly his most powerful fighter.

I also wrote comparing Kallen to the rule in chess that where a pawn crosses the board and can be promoted to Queen. Kallen started out as a pawn to him, despite her code name. Things seemed to change after he saw her mom. He gave her the Guren and she became his body guard.
Now that she's crossed far into enemy lines, could she be the pawn that returns as the Black Queen?
Old 2008-08-09, 02:47   Link #6325
Elicit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Your pic is just like I say; Eye candy, merchandising.

I'm focusing on who has with her the Queen aspects of the serie.
CC isn't on the battle like Kallen is, CC is out of there (Geass plot is above the Rebllion), her way to help Lelouch are just like morbosfits say, just like a player could move his pieces , the fact that Lelouch knows nothing about her is a plus in this direction; I'm taking about the serie, not about the rest.

Strongest piece of the Game : Kallen
Piece wich is protecting the King : Kallen
Person who is showing in the serie when Lelouch is holding the black Queen: Kallen
Person which is giving by Lelouch the codename Q1 (wich is the code for the queen in chess): Kallen

The only thing that CC has to her about this queen is...let's see...some resemblances to the chess piece or a promotional scan...I'm calling that merchandising, nothing about the serie and their role.
Even if CC is acting as a Queen, she is not the black queen of the rebellion, since the chess are used on the battle, CC has nothing to do with it.
If, as you say, the way the Queen piece was molded was just for "merchandising", why bother keep it that way throughout? Lelouch, knowing "nothing" about C.C. puts a plus in what direction? Her true name, her true wish, her history - he knows NOTHING of those up to now?

Take the romance bits to the Romance thread.

C.C. has been shown to act in accordance with Lelouch's plans, anyway, therefore, she's not always the "player". We've seen her get in a KMF before, numerous times. C.C. has been in battle. Pay attention better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I wrote on another forum describing how Kallen is very much like the Queen on the chess board. In Chess the Queen is the most versatile and powerful fighter in the game.
Let's also not forget that her code name with Lelouch is Q-1
So, Kallen's being called Q-1; whoop-dee-do. Has he referred her as that in any other situation besides fighting? In fighting capabilities, Kallen does have the upper hand on versatility. However, if we're talking about versatility, C.C. has shown to have more qualities in that being a leader, tactician (of course, not as grand as Lelouch), fighter, politician, and more.
Elicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 02:54   Link #6326
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
If, as you say, the way the Queen piece was molded was just for "merchandising", why bother keep it that way throughout? Lelouch, knowing "nothing" about C.C. puts a plus in what direction? Her true name, her true wish, her history - he knows NOTHING of those up to now?

Take the romance bits to the Romance thread.

C.C. has been shown to act in accordance with Lelouch's plans, anyway, therefore, she's not always the "player". We've seen her get in a KMF before, numerous times. C.C. has been in battle. Pay attention better.

I saw CC in the battlefield. And ? Did she act as a queen there ? No. CC isn't a strong pilot, she isn't the most powerful, and in the battlefield she is only a soldiers/Pawn like others.

CC's role is important out of there, whith all the mysteries wich were surrounding her she was just like the player who is moving his pawn has his wish (and it was for her wish that she gave geass to Lulu)

Now, it's worst; How can you consider this CC as a possible Queen ? She isn't even the player in her state; The fact that lelouch knows now things about her change nothing, she isn't able to act as the queen, now less than before.

About Kallen she is now just like the queen captured by the adverse camp. if a pawn is sacrified during her safety, this will be one more metaphor in favor of Kallen as the Queen in chess since to save the Queen you must sacrified a pawn.
But is this really useful ? Kallen's hints as the Queen aren't missing.

Kallen is the Q1 of the order wich is the black camp. And not only on the battlefield, She is too named as Q1 on Lelouch's phone, so...not only on the battlefield (and even if it was like this...)

Old 2008-08-09, 03:03   Link #6327
hales731

First of all you have to remember that the Queen is one of the strongest pieces of the board. It has the ability to move in more than one direction for any number of spaces. It also has the ability to be returned to the field after it's been "killed"

This being said, it's possible for Kallen to be considered a queen, but only as one that started out as a pawn. Pawns that reach the oponents field without being harmed are then allowed to have the same power as queens. This is how I see Kallen as being.

C.C., however, was a queen from the start. She is and always has been Lelouch's first ally. And while initially she was more of a spectator of the game, she eventually joined in. She's the one that protects him by pretending to be him, while also being able to act in many different roles than just as a fighter.

If you want to make analogies with chess, Kallen is an important piece. But if you notice in recent episodes, her importance is no where as high as C.C.'s. That is because Lelouch is protecting his queen at all costs while his knight (which is what I see Kallen being far more than a Queen) has been captured.
hales731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 03:05   Link #6328
Stargaze

Man, this is a image thread. Guys, lets post some geass images rather then arguing some "chess debate" that comes to no ends (or take it to another thread that is more relevant).
Old 2008-08-09, 03:08   Link #6329
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
I saw CC in the battlefield. And ? Did she act as a queen there ? No. CC isn't a strong pilot, she isn't the most powerful, and in the battlefield she is only a soldiers/Pawn like others.

CC's role is important out of there, whith all the mysteries wich were surrounding her she was just like the player who is moving his pawn has his wish (and it was for her wish that she gave geass to Lulu)

Now, it's worst; How can you consider this CC as a possible Queen ? She isn't even the player in her state; The fact that lelouch knows now things about her change nothing, she isn't able to act as the queen, now less than before.

About Kallen she is now just like the queen captured by the adverse camp. if a pawn is sacrified during her safety, this will be one more metaphor in favor of Kallen as the Queen in chess since to save the Queen you must sacrified a pawn.
But is this really useful ? Kallen's hints as the Queen aren't missing.

Kallen is the Q1 of the order wich is the black camp. And not only on the battlefield, She is too named as Q1 on Lelouch's phone, so...not only on the battlefield (and even if it was like this...)
That is actually a misconception from chess. The rule in chess is that once the pawn crosses to the end of the board you can promote the pawn into any other piece on the board, other then the King. It's just more common a person calls for a Queen promotion. You could have multiple Queens on the board, due to this rule. It's still that same piece, just promoted to higher rank.
Old 2008-08-09, 03:09   Link #6330
Elicit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargaze View Post
Man, this is a image thread. Guys, lets post some geass images rather then arguing some "chess debate" that comes to no ends (or take it to another thread that is more relevant).
Fine~

Spoiler:

I had fun drawing this, anyway.
Elicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 03:18   Link #6331
Stargaze

Quote:
Fine~

Spoiler:

I had fun drawing this, anyway.

Great drawing btw, I especially love how you coloured the eyes. Great job!
Old 2008-08-09, 03:20   Link #6332
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Wow, My bad. It's been a lot of years since I didn't play to chess but this is a shame -_-'

hales : This not the good thread so I'm going to stop but to say that CC's importance has been increased...You must have stopped with Turn 15.

Agony, Kallen/Lelouch version.

Spoiler:

Old 2008-08-09, 03:27   Link #6333
FoxxFireArt

There is a quick picture I did as part of my 4koma series. It's a drawing of C.C. and Marianne having a Naked Pillow Fight.

Quote:
Wow, My bad. It's been a lot of years since I didn't play to chess but this is a shame -_-'

hales : This not the good thread so I'm going to stop but to say that CC's importance has been increased...You must have stopped with Turn 15.

Agony, Kallen/Lelouch version.

Spoiler:
That's a rather nice image.

I played chess a lot as well. Fastest check mate I've ever gotten was in three moves. I was playing a big talking moron.
Old 2008-08-09, 03:35   Link #6334
hales731

Lolipopo: What you just said made no sense at all. If you're questioning how far I am in the series, I've seen everything up to and including episode 17, the sound dramas, picture dramas, etc.

But I will agree that fighting on the internet is redundant so here's a wallpaper I designed (since I can't draw).
Spoiler:
hales731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 03:37   Link #6335
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

You can meet all sort of people during chess match but I must admit that this one was certainly amazing

Yeah I saw you 4komas, I fav them oftenly and my favourite is certainly the one where they are all cosplayed as Zero
Great, just great

Old 2008-08-09, 04:51   Link #6336
Avira
fanart-fan :D

Quote:
Check this.

Lelouch is holding the King piece, whilst C.C. is holding the Queen piece. A Knight piece has the typical horse image, while the rook has basic castle look.
I think that's pretty clear, isn't it? I never saw Kallen as a queen, because she never seemed like a leader figure to me. More like a follower actually. Besides, Kallen is only needed when they are fighting(mecha stuff), whereas Lelouch was telling C.C. his problems and she told him what she thought about it and stuff(hard writing and concentrating when you're listening to a fast song so sorry)C.C. knows a lot more than Kallen and Kallen has nothing to do with Geass, the Emporer and all that, which a queen should.
A queen waits until the end to 'shine', doesn't she? C.C. is such a character(season 1). And Kallen is called the "ace", right? Not the queen(in cards now). I always thought Kallen was a knight; it fit much better to her tom-boyish tough personality.

Of course this new C.C. ruins everything, but I think the pawn will reach the other side of the chess board and become a queen again(a.k.a. she gets her memories back)
I actually wanted to post some nice pics but imageshack isn't working Sorry 'bout that...
Old 2008-08-09, 06:38   Link #6337
honeypie_0106

Quote:
We're watching the same series, correct? Because I think, on numerous times, C.C. has also saved Lelouch, protecting him. Like dressing up as him, distracting Suzaku, Mao, etc.

You're only focusing on the already basic and physical aspects of the Queen, which, of course, can be attributed to Kallen. But, on the whole? I can say they both have half and half on what a Queen is.

Check this.

This image is a bit clearer.

http://moe.imouto.org/post/show/2084...rugi_suzaku-le

Besides its been so obvious in the anime, why not just accept it? Q1 is Q1.
honeypie_0106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 08:59   Link #6338
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Spoiler for The Many Faces of C.C.:
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 09:17   Link #6339
yondy

Yeah you're right Q1 is Q1. Lelouch doesn't play chess, so obviously he doesn't really know what Q1 actually means. He might have just picked that name for kallen because it sounds cool.
yondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 09:49   Link #6340
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeypie_0106 View Post
This image is a bit clearer.

http://moe.imouto.org/post/show/2084...rugi_suzaku-le

Besides its been so obvious in the anime, why not just accept it? Q1 is Q1.
Q1 means Queen number 1.

No reason why there can't be more than one. A sadistic player who tries to toy with his defeated opponent can get three to four promoted queens before checkmate.
(Not as easy as it sounds. With that many Queens, it is easy to cause either a checkmate or stalemate before you get all your spare pawns promoted.)

Tags
images, wallpaper