AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-27, 22:50   Link #1701
MAX_COLA_POWER!

In fact, I see Rinne now as a wiser sage in guiding Nagi on the how to's on being a Dragon God. You want Kisaragi sensei to dry hump him into submission then teach him a life lesson every time? Also, I wonder if Yami Rinne, yes, that's what I'm calling Rinne's other side, will come out every time Nagi needs help. Besides, the nickname fits the bill, tiny skinny kid turning into wiser, more kick-ass adult.
Old 2012-06-27, 22:53   Link #1702
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

If only it were permanent.

And I miss Mike...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 23:02   Link #1703
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Ah yes Mike, the one that turned Karin into a rape robot. I still remember when the maidens and NAgi slept in the same room and NAgi felt Karin up in his sleep. Her switch was so turned on that by the time she was finished, she had a look on her face that was like, must...rape...NOW!, and when she was about to, Mike arrived staring at the show.
Old 2012-06-27, 23:48   Link #1704
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

I KNEW there was a subtext in the plot! All this time Rinne has had this internal dialog going
and NOW chapter 52 and the earlier remarks start to make sense.
Hey MAX: Rinne always acted more "Adult", and now that term has two meanings!
We might see lots of choices here.

But as a matter of fact I'm STILL clueless as to where we go from here.
crossguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 01:34   Link #1705
Richocet
Lover of Purity

After reading the double release, I just suddenly felt sad as to where it goes from here, since I can't see him just ignore the feelings of the other girls and just focus on Rinne
Old 2012-06-28, 01:40   Link #1706
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

So im guessing the past rinne was sacrificed by the villagers
Old 2012-06-28, 01:45   Link #1707
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
So im guessing the past rinne was sacrificed by the villagers
Wow, you're really pressing for a sad ending aren't you
Old 2012-06-28, 04:47   Link #1708
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

While I'm pretty sure this won't be going the lolicon route or anything like that (soon it'll go back to just the three girls being the main love interest...with Shizuku always a step ahead cause you know...first girl and all).

But something funny hit me...most of the time Nagi was banging Shizuku he was thinking of that past maiden rather than Shizuku herself...HAHA!
*sigh* that said, I still think it is a huge injustice for him to have slept with Shizuku while the others didn't go as far. I'm not saying he should just go ahead and bang every one of them, but why is the author putting the other girls and their fans through this? Nagi still says he loves all three girls, but he only went all the way with one of them. We have 3 girls that love one guy and one guy that loves 3 girls, only just the miracle first girl he met (which is a manga cliche that annoys the living hell out of me) gets ahead.
Don't get me wrong, it IS fine for one of the girls to get ahead, but really now...he slept with Shizuku, he went all the way with her instead of the others and everyone is fine with that? Is Nagi some...less assholish Makoto (School Days) or something?

Then again I may just be pissy since:
a) I hate the "First girl=final girl" BS so very fucking muuuuuuuuuuccchhhhh.
b) Not very fond of Shizuku...

It's sad but when the First Girl or the Promised Childhood Friend tropes show up I get this annoying tendency to dislike those girls regardless of how much I would love their personality otherwise. It's just the attachment of the tropes that kills it for me because when it happens you just know that she'll be the end girl and anything romantic that happens with the other girls, any sort of development the MC as with the other girls...you'll always be thinking "This is cute and all but it will never last since the end girl has already been decided" and there are few manga and anime that stray from the path once one of these girls is introduced. And it takes a lot for me to start liking these characters.
Old 2012-06-28, 10:14   Link #1709
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
While I'm pretty sure this won't be going the lolicon route or anything like that (soon it'll go back to just the three girls being the main love interest...with Shizuku always a step ahead cause you know...first girl and all).

But something funny hit me...most of the time Nagi was banging Shizuku he was thinking of that past maiden rather than Shizuku herself...HAHA!
*sigh* that said, I still think it is a huge injustice for him to have slept with Shizuku while the others didn't go as far. I'm not saying he should just go ahead and bang every one of them, but why is the author putting the other girls and their fans through this? Nagi still says he loves all three girls, but he only went all the way with one of them. We have 3 girls that love one guy and one guy that loves 3 girls, only just the miracle first girl he met (which is a manga cliche that annoys the living hell out of me) gets ahead.
Don't get me wrong, it IS fine for one of the girls to get ahead, but really now...he slept with Shizuku, he went all the way with her instead of the others and everyone is fine with that? Is Nagi some...less assholish Makoto (School Days) or something?

Then again I may just be pissy since:
a) I hate the "First girl=final girl" BS so very fucking muuuuuuuuuuccchhhhh.
b) Not very fond of Shizuku...

It's sad but when the First Girl or the Promised Childhood Friend tropes show up I get this annoying tendency to dislike those girls regardless of how much I would love their personality otherwise. It's just the attachment of the tropes that kills it for me because when it happens you just know that she'll be the end girl and anything romantic that happens with the other girls, any sort of development the MC as with the other girls...you'll always be thinking "This is cute and all but it will never last since the end girl has already been decided" and there are few manga and anime that stray from the path once one of these girls is introduced. And it takes a lot for me to start liking these characters.
Actually, the author went out of his way to stop the whole "First Girl Wins" trope from being a deciding point. It was found out, discussed, complained about by Karin and Soyogi (lol), then promptly forgotten.

Nagi would have gone all the way with the other girls, except for circumstances. And not "Let's have sex, Oh shit a freak hurricane" type Deus ex Machina, but realistic events that could happen. For a certain value of realistic, anyway. (how many knife wielding psycho lesbians do you know?)

Also this is one of the few straight romances that could realistically have harem end. Which would be funny. Can you imagine the looks Nagi would get if he brought the girls back to Tokyo?
Old 2012-06-28, 11:44   Link #1710
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

The fact that I have adored Shizuku from the first chapter has nothing to do with this analysis. Shizuku is not ahead because she is first girl. She is ahead today. She was not the first one Nagi saw unclothed. (I forget who got the first kiss.) She is not the first he got in bed naked with. She is not the first he orgasmed with, genitles to genitles. She is not the one he shares memories of past lives with. For one or two days she has surpassed the others, just as they were briefly ahead. The outcome is unclear though it is always better to have the lead.

There will be no loli ending. Nagi has always been a unique MC, neither overly ecchi nor a wimp. He has always been quite proper with each of the maidens though he has permission from the local power structure to do whatever he wants with them. Instead he has never crossed a line with the maidens that they did not first specifically erase. Yet while he has always responded enthusiasticly when each girl was ready for progress, he never gave in to temptation from any other fantasy, a loli teacher, a threesome, or a beautiful idol. Neither will he have relations with an underage girl and Obba is not going to wait 3 or 4 years for favor to be accomplished if Shizuku has not satisfied all her conditions.

On the other hand I would not be shocked if Rinne became the fourth wife.

Last edited by Starshipw; 2012-06-28 at 11:47. Reason: Rinne
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 13:14   Link #1711
blade82

he just need to wait what 3 or 4 year for Rinne to grow up
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 13:14   Link #1712
firestalker5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshipw View Post
The fact that I have adored Shizuku from the first chapter has nothing to do with this analysis. Shizuku is not ahead because she is first girl. She is ahead today. She was not the first one Nagi saw unclothed. (I forget who got the first kiss.) She is not the first he got in bed naked with. She is not the first he orgasmed with, genitles to genitles. She is not the one he shares memories of past lives with. For one or two days she has surpassed the others, just as they were briefly ahead. The outcome is unclear though it is always better to have the lead.

There will be no loli ending. Nagi has always been a unique MC, neither overly ecchi nor a wimp. He has always been quite proper with each of the maidens though he has permission from the local power structure to do whatever he wants with them. Instead he has never crossed a line with the maidens that they did not first specifically erase. Yet while he has always responded enthusiasticly when each girl was ready for progress, he never gave in to temptation from any other fantasy, a loli teacher, a threesome, or a beautiful idol. Neither will he have relations with an underage girl and Obba is not going to wait 3 or 4 years for favor to be accomplished if Shizuku has not satisfied all her conditions.

On the other hand I would not be shocked if Rinne became the fourth wife.
I concur 100%!
firestalker5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 13:30   Link #1713
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Wait...who DID get the first kiss?

And how old is Rinne anyway? 12, 11?
Old 2012-06-28, 13:45   Link #1714
XFire
150% done

Shizuka got the first kiss, then Soyogi (might be switched). However, Karin was the first person Nagi initiated a kiss with. There's a reason she made the "I'm ahead of you" declaration.
Old 2012-06-28, 14:02   Link #1715
MAX_COLA_POWER!

You know? Something I noticed with this series. It makes people have trouble with their As and Us^^;;.
Old 2012-06-28, 19:30   Link #1716
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Well, if these chapters are to be believed, Rinne was actually the "First Girl" many years ago. So unless you think it IS going the loli route, I think the author has found a unique way to avoid the "first girl" trope.
Old 2012-06-28, 20:05   Link #1717
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Well, if these chapters are to be believed, Rinne was actually the "First Girl" many years ago. So unless you think it IS going the loli route, I think the author has found a unique way to avoid the "first girl" trope.
Fumizuki does very well with keeping things in the air, especially the tropes.
Old 2012-06-29, 12:00   Link #1718
ReddyRedWolf

Well Rinne won't likely be a hindrance to the three. Her big regret is that she wasn't born sooner be one of the maidens hence a chance of being chosen again.

Again this reminds me of IO where the youngest sister can't compete because she is too young. (And the reveal she was the protagonist's half sister by their father)

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2012-06-29 at 12:10.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 20:15   Link #1719
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

The Author is still amazing me with the story.
If this tale had started AT THIS POINT, there is no way my suspension of belief would have
let me read chapter 99 and bought in to the story.
Fumizuki Kou, you stand as a master. I will finish this with you.
(Not to mention buy your works!)
crossguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 21:03   Link #1720
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I would love to own this series. I highly doubt it'd get an English release, however.

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance, rural, seinen