AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-28, 18:55   Link #2421
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Anyone else think the game's map is in serious need of a search option?
Old 2012-03-28, 19:11   Link #2422
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Anyone else think the game's map is in serious need of a search option?
It can get pretty cluttered - I installed the "better map" mod and that helps some but there are times when I have to turn off a bunch of quests and use the "show quest marker on map" feature to find my destination.

I'm trying a few characters with the alternate life mod... (you start washed up on shore, left for dead, in the woods, etc) -- that's have rejuvenated the starting phase for me.
Old 2012-03-28, 20:57   Link #2423
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
It can get pretty cluttered - I installed the "better map" mod and that helps some but there are times when I have to turn off a bunch of quests and use the "show quest marker on map" feature to find my destination.

I'm trying a few characters with the alternate life mod... (you start washed up on shore, left for dead, in the woods, etc) -- that's have rejuvenated the starting phase for me.
im using only the roads mod, its more easier.

well beta patch LIVE, it looks like they are fixing the CTD's, Killmoves and navmesh issues from the last patch

@offtopic, what you guys think about Leona and Seibah's appearence, it looks good or it need more work?
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 21:05   Link #2424
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
im using only the roads mod, its more easier.

well beta patch LIVE, it looks like they are fixing the CTD's, Killmoves and navmesh issues from the last patch

@offtopic, what you guys think about Leona and Seibah's appearence, it looks good or it need more work?
Well, thank goodness for the patch incoming if that's the case.

I looked at images for Leona compared to your version. Not bad though she seems a bit bulky? (hard to tell with the gear). I'm real fond of that hairstyle option, I have to force myself not to use it on all my femme characters.
Old 2012-03-28, 21:13   Link #2425
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Well, thank goodness for the patch incoming if that's the case.

I looked at images for Leona compared to your version. Not bad though she seems a bit bulky? (hard to tell with the gear). I'm real fond of that hairstyle option, I have to force myself not to use it on all my femme characters.
well she has a atlhetic body, due to her training + she's taller, i've used her maximum impact appearence + an artwork of her with 22 years old

idk if i release her and Saber only 4fun, i mean since i don't like so much of douchebags comming with 5 rocks at hand telling bullshit
Old 2012-03-28, 21:20   Link #2426
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
well she has a atlhetic body, due to her training + she's taller, i've used her maximum impact appearence + an artwork of her with 22 years old

idk if i release her and Saber only 4fun, i mean since i don't like so much of douchebags comming with 5 rocks at hand telling bullshit
Did you set her up with skills somewhat like Leona? (not really familiar with the anime character looks kind of rogue-ish? ranged, dual wield?, 1H?
You'll get a better response if you spend a lot of time with the perks, skills, AI, Idle animations, etc., I think, and then document what you've created.
Old 2012-03-28, 21:40   Link #2427
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Did you set her up with skills somewhat like Leona? (not really familiar with the anime character looks kind of rogue-ish? ranged, dual wield?, 1H?
You'll get a better response if you spend a lot of time with the perks, skills, AI, Idle animations, etc., I think, and then document what you've created.
she's just a normal follower with ranger perks, + some breakdowns against some magic wielders or some dragons(she runs scared),, i didn't find a chacter ingame that fits with her skills(only if i use Astrid's AI, but she as follower is preety sick)

arturia uses jordis standards + her voice, she's preety tough + she can heal herself, a team with excalibur and Frostmourne(deh evulz excalibur).

if someone wants to test it her both 2 just pm me
Old 2012-03-29, 00:59   Link #2428
khalaggar venomtooth
Paragon

loved elder scrolls sens the first day i played morrowind but now today skyrim isent an RPG as i notice ever sens it hit hit morrowind it start droping down from and RPG and only action based its more into action as much as halo or COD MW3 but i missed it when it was an RPG and there were tons of weapons and skills and spells and much more and theres like only 10 monsters or like 15 and i missed how you can custom make your armor but now its kill kill kill kill kill kill kill kill more killing than a whole game of god of war if i made a balled headed buffed human charaacter with red tatooing and dual wielding scimatars through aout the game it well not be diffrent that god of war yea skyrim kicks ass at being a total only killing and killing game for cavemen
khalaggar venomtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 02:18   Link #2429
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I think my brain just exploded trying to read the above paragraph.

I don't see how Skyrim is any less an RPG than any other RPG. And you do much, much more than kill in it, though killing things and taking their stuff has always been a hallmark of the RPG genre...
Old 2012-03-29, 02:23   Link #2430
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Fun fact: RPG's always tend to be about killing. It's usually the only way to grind XP.

I mean, what were you customizing your armor for in Morrowind for in the first place again? Oh yeah, killing. Skyrim is still an RPG, it's still a game in which you crawl in the role of a character and your development is crucial to the plot of the game. The reducing of customizing armor doesn't make it less of an RPG.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 02:25   Link #2431
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Skyrim doesn't really have XP... but yeah, most of your skills are combat skills, and thus most of the time when you level up it will be the result of improving those skills by... killing things.
Old 2012-03-29, 02:28   Link #2432
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Skyrim doesn't really have XP... but yeah, most of your skills are combat skills, and thus most of the time when you level up it will be the result of improving those skills by... killing things.
Though in modern times this is balanced out by item crafting/unique treasure hunting. Getting to maxed level isn't hard these days, it is getting the most optimised equipment that is hard. This is why Monster Hunter is nothing but crafting gear from dead monsters, so you can kill other monsters. Or Atelier, where you have Item Crafting as the main game and the combat a side distraction.
Old 2012-03-29, 02:32   Link #2433
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I was speaking in generalities. There are some RPGs (generally those of western origin) that allow you to advance significantly outside of combat... Arcanum, Fallout and Fallout 2 being notable examples, since it's entirely possible to do a pacifist run and kill no one throughout the game, including the final bosses (though technically you kill Frank Horrigan indirectly by hacking the turrets).
Old 2012-03-29, 03:31   Link #2434
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
I think my brain just exploded trying to read the above paragraph.

I don't see how Skyrim is any less an RPG than any other RPG. And you do much, much more than kill in it, though killing things and taking their stuff has always been a hallmark of the RPG genre...
I almost responded but I decided it was best to follow Thumper's Rule.

Skyrim is certainly more action oriented... but I did nearly all the Thieves Guild route with barely a splatter or thunk. There are actually a few mods I've seen that let you "talk" your way through a few appropriate quests if you have the speechcraft/persuasion.
Old 2012-03-29, 09:24   Link #2435
DuoRanger
Banned

well i didn't touched yet the main quest

i'll wait until lvl 30 so i can go to high hrothgar without problem
Old 2012-03-29, 12:38   Link #2436
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
I almost responded but I decided it was best to follow Thumper's Rule.

Skyrim is certainly more action oriented... but I did nearly all the Thieves Guild route with barely a splatter or thunk. There are actually a few mods I've seen that let you "talk" your way through a few appropriate quests if you have the speechcraft/persuasion.
More action oriented than something like the original Fallout (not the Bethesda Fallout games) or Arcanum, surely, but not more action-oriented than other Elder Scrolls titles or FO3/NV. And a lot less actiony than Mass Effect or Dragon Age.
Old 2012-03-29, 14:14   Link #2437
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

More crafting than in most JRPG, too, though less than there used to be. I miss the ability to craft spells.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 19:16   Link #2438
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
More crafting than in most JRPG, too, though less than there used to be. I miss the ability to craft spells.
Oh yes, I really miss the spell-crafting from previous Elder Scrolls titles. The lack of spell-crafting really did reduce my desire to play a pure mage.
Old 2012-03-29, 19:49   Link #2439
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Oh yes, I really miss the spell-crafting from previous Elder Scrolls titles. The lack of spell-crafting really did reduce my desire to play a pure mage.
since mage in this game rapes everything without problem(destruction mainly)
Old 2012-03-29, 21:00   Link #2440
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
since mage in this game rapes everything without problem(destruction mainly)
eyah, my destruction mage got eaten pretty regularly early in her career but now she nukes everything (follower beware) as long as I don't spazz. I probably was just playing her poorly early in.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim