AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-04-06, 15:49   Link #4081
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daril Gukku View Post
I forgot about that speech, it's been a while since I saw the first season. I still say that Charles, at that point, must have seemed like an angel compared to Lelouch from Suzaku's point of view.
I think that Charles treated Lelouch in a manner in which he did when he sent him and Nunnally to Japan was to protect them from V.V.'s interest. This way, he could find out if V.V. was lying to him or not regarding Marianne's murder. However, the uncaring attitude that Charles displayed to Lelouch gave him the impression that his father had something to do with his mother's death. This tramatic event made Lelouch emotions very volatile. Thus, the Demon King was born.

This is the side of Lelouch who hated Britannia and all that it stood for. And it was this side of Lelouch who wanted to destroy everything that his father stood for, unbeknownst to Charles. This also included his half-siblings, which included those who cared about Marianne. What puzzled me was that fact that Charles didn't geass Lelouch into forgeting about the murder of his mother. He did geass Nunnally to think that she was blind.

By the time when the truth came out it was too late for Charles to reconcile with Lelouch. His son had already decided that his father x mother should be punished for abanding him, meaning that they used him as bait to get to C.C. all along. In his mind, Lelouch felt that Charles x Marianne didn't care about him at all. To them, Lelouch was nothing more than a puppet who was expendable. This could explain why he had only a few friends around him. In addition, if he ever came to having the power that he needed to destroy Britannia, he would use it to rid the world of its tyranny and then himself.

With Lelouch's death, Suzaku now bears the burden of the new world and all of it problems on his shoulders. For Nina, Cornelia, and Suzaku, Lelouch's death was poetic justice for the death of Euphemia. And C.C. is left with a world that doesn't fear her anymore because they have forgotten that she was giver of the geass. Until it is said otherwise, I'll assume that Lelouch is dead. May he rest in peace.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 18:57   Link #4082
azul120

Suzaku no longer wanted Lelouch to die though. He and Lelouch were best friends again by the time skip prior to Lelouch taking over the throne. (Suzaku might have come to understand what happened anyways.) As for Cornelia and to a lesser extent in a sense Nina, poetic justice would be ironic, since they had a lot of blood on their hands they never had to answer for.

And Lelouch also killed Charles and Marianne because he rejected their idea of existence, or lack thereof.

Last edited by azul120; 2009-04-06 at 19:08.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 19:09   Link #4083
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Suzaku no longer wanted Lelouch to die though. He and Lelouch were best friends again by the time skip prior to Lelouch taking over the throne. (Suzaku might have come to understand what happened anyways.) As for Cornelia and to a lesser extent in a sense Nina, poetic justice would be ironic, since they had a lot of blood on their hands they never had to answer for.
*signs that*
Yeah.
I agree with quite some of the things you wrote, darthfury, but not with the "poetic justice" bit.
It sounds just too... poetic. xD
At some level, I'm sure Suzaku still felt it was his duty to avenge Euphemia, but that's probably the one thing that made him able to actually go through with Zero Requiem. That and him being a masochist... oh, and the world peace thing, and the fact that it was Lelouch's own wish to die.
Cornelia... uhm, well, I don't think she's one for poetic justice. Oh yes, she would have had a lot of fun killing Zero right after her sister died, but after a year and with all that happened, she seemed to be just glad to be rid of the Demon King. Either way, she's not really a justice person.
And Nina... well, she said she couldn't forgive Lelouch, but I think "poetic justice" would be pushing it. As azul said, she's not a saint herself, and she and Lelouch seemed to have developed a certain respect for each other. I doubt it was about justice for her.
Satisfaction, maybe... but even that would be ruined by the circumstances.
Old 2009-04-06, 19:36   Link #4084
azul120

True. Though again, I'm sure Suzaku no longer wished for justice for what happened to Euphemia, given that he and Lelouch were best friends again. And of course, that he may have realized the circumstances behind the Geassing, and why Lelouch had to kill Euphie.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 19:37   Link #4085
darthfury78

I wondered whoever taught Lelouch how to cook and clean so well around the clubhouse? Was it Milly or Sayoko? You decide.
Old 2009-04-06, 19:46   Link #4086
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
True. Though again, I'm sure Suzaku no longer wished for justice for what happened to Euphemia, given that he and Lelouch were best friends again. And of course, that he may have realized the circumstances behind the Geassing, and why Lelouch had to kill Euphie.
Agreed.
Even though I doubt Lelouch would have told him... still, Suzaku definitely guessed that something was up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
I wondered whoever taught Lelouch how to cook and clean so well around the clubhouse? Was it Milly or Sayoko? You decide.
Well, since Lelouch had to take care of Nunally from an early age and refused to take the things they were given to eat...
I'd say he's self-taught. And I want to hug him. xD
Old 2009-04-06, 22:05   Link #4087
Zira

Send a message via AIM to Zira
Lelouch is one heck of a guy. I envy his intelligence (even though it is just anime).
Zira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 22:07   Link #4088
Zira

Send a message via AIM to Zira
I hope I am not getting too off topic by saying this but has anyone else really wondered who would win in a chess game between Lelouch and Light Yagami?
Zira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 22:13   Link #4089
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zira View Post
I hope I am not getting too off topic by saying this but has anyone else really wondered who would win in a chess game between Lelouch and Light Yagami?
Depends on which one decided to cheat first?
It could draw, and I bet it would.
Old 2009-04-06, 22:24   Link #4090
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zira View Post
Granted, we never did see Light playing chess and thus don't know how good he is. Being smart and being good at chess are not the same thing. Of course, since he does have a strategic mind one could argue that he would be (very) good at it.

However, what I think Light would do is he would write Lelouch's name in the Deathnote before the match began and have Lelouch play the worst game of chess ever, afterwhich he would die miserably.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 00:59   Link #4091
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Granted, we never did see Light playing chess and thus don't know how good he is. Being smart and being good at chess are not the same thing. Of course, since he does have a strategic mind one could argue that he would be (very) good at it.

However, what I think Light would do is he would write Lelouch's name in the Deathnote before the match began and have Lelouch play the worst game of chess ever, afterwhich he would die miserably.
Actually, I doubt Light would win a chess game via Deathnote. He has a VERY strong sense of pride. The very act of cheating to win a game is in itself an admission of inferiority; that Light somehow believe he isn't good enough to win fair and square.

Light would not cheat to win, because anything less than an honest game would hurt his pride. While as long as nothing important is on the line, Lulu wouldn't cheat either. Lulu doesn't mind losing a chess game or two; it's just games. Lulu reserve using his powers for more important things.

Now, if the chess game is something more important than usual; say, the winner takes the loser's powers, then things will go CRAZY. Most of the action would probably take place before the game day, as each side tried to use their powers on each other while protecting themselves.
Old 2009-04-07, 01:29   Link #4092
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Actually, I doubt Light would win a chess game via Deathnote. He has a VERY strong sense of pride. The very act of cheating to win a game is in itself an admission of inferiority; that Light somehow believe he isn't good enough to win fair and square.

Light would not cheat to win, because anything less than an honest game would hurt his pride. While as long as nothing important is on the line, Lulu wouldn't cheat either. Lulu doesn't mind losing a chess game or two; it's just games. Lulu reserve using his powers for more important things.

Now, if the chess game is something more important than usual; say, the winner takes the loser's powers, then things will go CRAZY. Most of the action would probably take place before the game day, as each side tried to use their powers on each other while protecting themselves.
Yeah, I'll agree with that. If it was a friendly chess game I'm sure it would just be a "may the best man win" kind of thing. However, if the fate of the world or great personal loss comes into play, then the gloves are off.

But of course that is the point. While it would be nice to see them play a chess game, what we really want to see is them going at it at full blast with lives on the line, each using their stategy and wits.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 03:12   Link #4093
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Well, since Lelouch had to take care of Nunally from an early age and refused to take the things they were given to eat...
I'd say he's self-taught. And I want to hug him. xD
Nah!

I stand by the fact that Sayoko and Milly taught Lelouch how to cook. I don't think that he would have done it entirely alone for Nunnally's sake. Since Milly went through all the trouble for arranging for them to live at the clubhouse, it was Lelouch's way of paying his debt to Milly by agreeing to be her personal all in one Vice-President.

And Milly enjoyed being Lelouch's Landlord, whether he wanted to admit to it or not. Otherwise, Lelouch would have left Ashford Academy a long time ago.

This is a situation that Rivalz would love to be in: Milly's Vice-President and Husband.
Old 2009-04-07, 06:49   Link #4094
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Nah!

I stand by the fact that Sayoko and Milly taught Lelouch how to cook. I don't think that he would have done it entirely alone for Nunnally's sake. Since Milly went through all the trouble for arranging for them to live at the clubhouse, it was Lelouch's way of paying his debt to Milly by agreeing to be her personal all in one Vice-President.
lol. xD
Well, maybe Milly helped Lelouch refining his skills, but since - according to the respective Sound Drama - he didn't want to accept any food given to him and Nunally by others when they came to Japan as children, I'd say he had to learn to cook very early. He even did the laundry himself. *-*
I think it's incredibly cute. xD

Quote:
And Milly enjoyed being Lelouch's Landlord, whether he wanted to admit to it or not. Otherwise, Lelouch would have left Ashford Academy a long time ago.

This is a situation that Rivalz would love to be in: Milly's Vice-President and Husband.
Yeah, when it comes to Lelouch and Milly, he is totally uke. xD
She could have joined the "let's stalk and torture cute little Lelouch club". I'm sure C.C. and Clovis would have welcomed her with open arms. xD
Well, maybe not Clovis, seeing how he would be totally uke there, too...
The girls could have made him clean the house and/or hide in a corner all day. xD
Old 2009-04-07, 07:10   Link #4095
Levy
differently sober

ROFL, Lelouch is uke with everyone but Suzaku!=P

Nice thoughts about Milly turning Lelouch in the perfect housewife, darth, I can so see it happening! =)
*goes to lunch picturing Milly and Lelouch singin' My Fair Lady*

Edit: I place my bet on Lulu, since IMO, he's way smarter than Light. And I want him to win because I like him way better. Just like this! =P
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 11:43   Link #4096
darthfury78

Quote:
lol. xD
Well, maybe Milly helped Lelouch refining his skills, but since - according to the respective Sound Drama - he didn't want to accept any food given to him and Nunally by others when they came to Japan as children, I'd say he had to learn to cook very early. He even did the laundry himself. *-*
I think it's incredibly cute. xD

Yeah, when it comes to Lelouch and Milly, he is totally uke. xD
She could have joined the "let's stalk and torture cute little Lelouch club". I'm sure C.C. and Clovis would have welcomed her with open arms. xD
Well, maybe not Clovis, seeing how he would be totally uke there, too...
The girls could have made him clean the house and/or hide in a corner all day. xD
What is uke supposed to mean?

I believe that the reason why Lelouch would not accept food from anyone was because he believed that someone would put poison into it.

When he and Nunnally went to the Ashfords, Lelouch didn't trust them at all. In fact, Lelouch began to hate his time with them because he came to realized that the Ashford would use them as pawns into order for their Nobility to be restored. And this was three years before Milly Ashford came to Japan/Area 11. When they first met, he was 13 while she was 14. I am sure that Milly had already madeup her mind about Lelouch the moment she met him. I would loved to have seen this moment as a Picture Drama instead of a Sound Drama.

I wondered if things would have been different if C.C. decided to take a 10 year old Lelouch under her care instead of Mao? How would the events unfold?
Old 2009-04-07, 12:04   Link #4097
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
ROFL, Lelouch is uke with everyone but Suzaku!=P
No, only with the girls. xD
I can attest that he's totally seme with Clovis. xD

Quote:
Edit: I place my bet on Lulu, since IMO, he's way smarter than Light. And I want him to win because I like him way better. Just like this! =P
Agreed. xD

Quote:
Uhm... well... xD
Let's say you have a yaoi fanfic. And there are two guys. And a bed. And one is top. And the other is bottom.
Then the one on top is seme, and the one on bottom is uke. xD

Quote:
I believe that the reason why Lelouch would not accept food from anyone was because he believed that someone would put poison into it.
Nah, that wouldn't make sense. No one would gain anything from killing him, except maybe people who are related to him.
Lelouch said himself that it's because he is "alive", living by his own strength... it's sad how his father's words cut so deeply that day.
Again, I want to hug him. xD

Quote:
When he and Nunnally went to the Ashfords, Lelouch didn't trust them at all. In fact, Lelouch began to hate his time with them because he came to realized that the Ashford would use them as pawns into order for their Nobility to be restored. And this was three years before Milly Ashford came to Japan/Area 11. When they first met, he was 13 while she was 14. I am sure that Milly had already madeup her mind about Lelouch the moment she met him. I would loved to have seen this moment as a Picture Drama instead of a Sound Drama.
Yeah, Lelouch thinks everyone is out to use him and his sister as political tools... and he's right more often than not.
A PD to that would definitely have been cute. *-*
I wonder where Lelouch stayed before coming to the academy...

Quote:
I wondered if things would have been different if C.C. decided to take a 10 year old Lelouch under her care instead of Mao? How would the events unfold?
She and Clovis would have married, and they'd also have adopted Suzaku, and then everyone would have lived happily ever after. xD
Errr... well, maybe not, but Clovis and C.C. would definitely have done a good job! xD
Old 2009-04-07, 12:31   Link #4098
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Stupid stereotypes. Pay no mind. 8D
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 12:52   Link #4099
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Stupid stereotypes. Pay no mind. 8D
But they are fun. xD
Old 2009-04-07, 12:59   Link #4100
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
But they are fun. xD
But they are still stupid. 8D
Not to mention, disrespectful, the way that most of the times, are being used in the fandom. {See TRC for example, ah}
To each his own though, and enough OT-ness. Unless somehow, Suzaku is being involved with Lelouch's chara in a weird-nogi-way. |D;
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote