AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-24, 20:19   Link #801
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Well since this is a spoiler allowed area...

I had a wild theory about why KyoAni isn't doing this.

Spoiler for SPOILERS:

Cheers;
Niker

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 21:06   Link #802
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Yeah, I want to know Futaki's story. We all know what happened but from Haruchin PoV, so reading the hell that Futaki lived is a nice addition.
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 21:17   Link #803
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Spoiler for Wafuuuuuu:

And about Komari...well from what I've noticed, people have a different perception of her role in the whole thing. Komari is no more or less important than the other girls (Rin not included) she is as much a heroine as the others. Some people usually think of her as the second main heroine mostly due to:
- Komari apparently being a bit closer to Rin than the others (or rather, Rin being more at ease with her);
- and pictures like this one
Spoiler for Pic:

No route (Rins and Refrain not included...again) is more or less important than another...aside from EX but then again I haven't played it so I have no connection with the girls. For example, Mio is my least favorite, I found myself skipping through bits of her route even the first time I played it because to me both character and route were boring compared to others. However! Taking out her route in the anime would be a colossal mistake.

But I tell you what...the biggest mistake they could make would be taking out Kuu's route. Why?
Well simple, though she's not the main heroine, Kuu's popularity by far outclasses all the other girls (enough to give Kuu her own afterstory game). It's strange how Rin is the main focus of the overall plot yet Kuu has the most fans.

I still love my Anego!

Randrak

PS: Futaki...is the only one of the EX girls that I wish was in the original game when I played it. She just seemed like she fit into the plot perfectly. Then again her route would be too similar to Haruka (only another point of view) so keeping it to the "expansion" wasn't a bad idea.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 21:33   Link #804
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Futaki's route is vastly different from Haruchin's AFAIK.

Granted, it's the same "overall" plot, but it shows a lot of different stuff. I mean from Haruchin's route we find out about Futaki's life, but not as in depth.

Niker

Old 2012-04-24, 21:41   Link #805
Draneor
Aesop's Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Well simple, though she's not the main heroine, Kuu's popularity by far outclasses all the other girls (enough to give Kuu her own afterstory game). It's strange how Rin is the main focus of the overall plot yet Kuu has the most fans.
It's usually that way, isn't it? Nagisa, for example, was never as popular as Tomoyo or Kyou, for example. Personally, my favorite is Rin, but there isn't a character in LB I don't love.
Draneor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 21:42   Link #806
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Pretty much everyone outside of Saya, yes, that includes Sassy-chan and Kanata, are within the circle of the Little Busters! towards the end of EX. Would it then be more fitting to the game veterans then, that the extra two are included in the uh... "incident"?

Without spoiling too much, Sassy-chan's route is magical in itself, although if the story had to be modified, then a core component of her route would have to be modified too. For Kanata, it'd be good to show her side of the story they expanded in EX, only without the "feeling of regret" the others have towards her being a technical outsider.
Old 2012-04-24, 21:44   Link #807
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I believe that sasasasasasagesasawami is the most fit for an OVA. Saya can be fit into the anime, as well as the rest of the heroines.

Due to the nature of sasasasasami's whole story... it's just not fit for the story.

Niker

Old 2012-04-24, 21:48   Link #808
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Spoiler for Wafuuu:

Randrak
Old 2012-04-24, 21:50   Link #809
Balzac
Assistant Professor

But they could go on a total limb and modify Sassy-chan's route accordingly to allow her that, it's not too far-fetched in scope than Kud's or Mio's. We could call it - her "unconscious guilt" manifesting.

I say Saya won't fit because a VERY major part of her route is "Guild hijinks" a la Angel Beats! and so is quite an abrupt shift in mood and tone compared to the rest of the narrative.

Edit: And yeah, Sassy-chan has Common-route level comedy at the start, it was so refreshing to see Masato like that.

Also, does anyone have any outstanding fan-made videos pertaining to Little Busters! they can link? Or is the well really that dry....?
Old 2012-04-24, 21:52   Link #810
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Spoiler for Uguuuu:

So yeah... played for laughs if you ask me.

Niker

EDIT: And just for laughs... http://youtu.be/uC2YPHTfI5k

Old 2012-04-24, 21:56   Link #811
Arha

Komari is also on the EX box art along with Rin. The only returning heroine to show up there. That's kind of why I think Key intended her to be viewed as a little more important than the others.

From the little I know of Sasami's route, it just doesn't fit into the arc. That said, I'd love to read it even though I find the idea of a Riki/Sasami romance completely lacking in credibility.

Spoiler for Kurugaya ending spoilers:
Arha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 22:08   Link #812
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I had a great idea. Make a 24 episode Little Busters! Anime, and add a 12 Episode Refrain route.

That will work brilliantly.

Niker

Old 2012-04-24, 22:39   Link #813
Balzac
Assistant Professor

That was a funny video. Did I spy Fuuko (Clannad) in there somewhere?

I've some time, so here's a top of my head Masato moment I recall from a scene in Sasami's route. Very memorable "laugh at Masato" moment.

Spoiler for Setting: Cafeteria:

Sasami had the flimsiest excuse for falling in love and an even flimsier one for having sex. Then again, most other heroine H scenes were that way too
Old 2012-04-24, 22:44   Link #814
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Don't get me started on the H Scenes. Besides being horribly drawn, having Sha la la extacy playing on the background...

*shudders*

Is it so hard to learn from Yuki Sakura... or School days? or any other eroge that actually does great H scenes? Even Innocent Gray does more decent...

Niker

PS: Key, I'm dissapoint.

PPS: You did spy Fuuko. Not only her, check out Someone delivering a flying kick... with long gray hair...

Old 2012-04-24, 22:44   Link #815
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arha View Post
Spoiler for Kurugaya ending spoilers:
Spoiler for Wafuuu:

On another note (to clear up the air from the anime business):
Who's your favorite character? Out of all of them!

Mine is Masato (I love Anego but bros before hoes). He's hilarious but quite epic when it counts. There is no bro like Masato!
Also...Muscles! Muscles!

Randrak
Old 2012-04-24, 22:49   Link #816
Arha

Yeah, I'm not expecting much in the way of a believable romance from Sasami and I'm certainly not expecting good H scenes from Key. I would just like to see more of her. Then again, from those few plot elements I know I guess I probably won't get to see her interacting with others as much as I'd like.

Perhaps it's a bit of a shame that Key only seems to feel comfortable writing romance. It seems like their stories would be even better without limiting themselves like that. Granted, I've purposely avoided finding out anything about Rewrite so I don't know if's true there, but it just didn't seem like Little Busters should have been written as a romance.

Spoiler for Refrain spoilers:

Edit: Kurugaya is my favorite. After her is probably Mio. The only person I don't like is Komari. The route, voice and personality all teamed up and conspired to make me utterly loath any scene she was a part of.
Old 2012-04-24, 22:53   Link #817
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Hmm... Favorite character? That would be a tie between Rin/Riki. The rest of the original LB! come close later.

For reasons related to spoilers I won't say why Rin/Riki, but the rest of the LB! cast didn't appeal so much to me.

I don't know what people see in Lolis, particularly Kud. She even got a sequel done. Kurugaya has been copied since Kanon AFAIK, and has been done again in Rewrite for what I can see. Mio... wasn't that appealing to me, but I did end up shedding some manly tears. Haruchin? The bad end surprised me, just because I was looking for the CGs, but wow, was that surprising; besides that she seemed rather normal and spoiled for me.

Who else... Komari. Komari is actually the most likable of the girls besides Rin if you ask me. She is the one that
Spoiler for Spoilers WARNING:

The EX girls I've not played, but I read about Saya and she seems like a really likable character.

But yeah, my vote goes for Riki/Rin And the rest of the LB!, which really is what the story is all about.

Niker

Old 2012-04-24, 22:57   Link #818
Arha

Haruka was kind of interesting for me since I was taking a few education classes at the time.

Spoiler for Haruka spoilers:

That aside, she got on my nerves a little, but that's intentional so I didn't mind too much.
Old 2012-04-24, 23:30   Link #819
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niker117 View Post
Kurugaya has been copied since Kanon AFAIK, and has been done again in Rewrite for what I can see.
You take that back right now!!!1!1!! D:

But in all seriousness.
Spoiler for Wafuuuuuu:

And now...for some wild speculations cause I'm just soooooo bored

Spoiler for Wafuuuuu2:
Old 2012-04-24, 23:37   Link #820
Balzac
Assistant Professor

My only recent experience in anime is Angel Beats! episode four, but what would be "awesome" ways of doing the final baseball match? And should they win or not?

Also: romance is a staple when you're in this business. It's either that or create big, overarching "plots" involving outer space, magic, or whatever supernatural brouhaha to justify the hentai. On the opposite side of the spectrum sits the extreme slice-of-life, of which most Key games sit at the upper end of. Yet they are somehow able to make it work, making their games be a big impact in the visual novel world, and that's why they're one of the big names - a titan.

Another also: reading all the other impressions, plus my own and those of the other posters many pages before, has led me to conclude that there are no real consensus with regards to the heroines. Personally, without going indepth, I have Rin>anyone else. Because she is that awesome.

Tags
bishoujo, ero-game, eroge, key, pc game, visual novel