AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-10-10, 06:32   Link #1001
bio9205
Reborn

Agreed, the AGE-FX arc has the second best soundtrack of the series, the first being AGE-2 of course. AGE-1's was shitty (sans the "3 destinies will form history" tune) and the AGE-3 was meh.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 08:03   Link #1002
Zeydra
A random passerby

I actually thought the first volume was the strongest overall. Volume 2 had some of the strongest single tracks of the show with tracks like Unmei no Saki he, Hajimari no Yokan, and Shukumei, but I feel that the first one captured perfectly the vibe of a space opera that Gundam typically goes for with it's themes and music. As a whole I found the first volume to be a great listen.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 14:43   Link #1003
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I actually felt all but the second were pretty good and more I less up to the standard I've come to expect from Lantis. The issue I had with the second one is a lot of it just sounded like low effort synthesized music while the rest were either rock or orchestral.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 05:24   Link #1004
Rickketik

What's the BG track they play at the end of each episode of 00 (S1)? ..I'm talking about the next episode preview thing..
Rickketik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 05:53   Link #1005
Zeydra
A random passerby

I think it's a highly abridged version of Power, or Intervention. One of the main themes for Celestial Being on the first OST at any rate, there are a fair few renditions of it on the first volume.
Old 2012-11-14, 07:00   Link #1006
Rickketik

I made a mistake. Not the first season, but the second. You can hear it in the first episode of the Season 2.
Rickketik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 07:04   Link #1007
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickketik View Post
I made a mistake. Not the first season, but the second. You can hear it in the first episode of the Season 2.
Track name : Restart
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 10:34   Link #1008
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

Hmm just a question, what is the title of the track when the age-3 gundam was first shown? Im searching for it in a long timecan anyone give a link? thanks a lot!

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 11:02   Link #1009
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamdrawer View Post
Hmm just a question, what is the title of the track when the age-3 gundam was first shown? Im searching for it in a long timecan anyone give a link? thanks a lot!
That should be G-Sceptor, Track 17 from the third OST.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 09:35   Link #1010
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
That should be G-Sceptor, Track 17 from the third OST.
thank you very much!

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 10:56   Link #1011
Zeydra
A random passerby

Hmm, the cover art for the final AGE OST seems to be out.

Found it on VGMdb (http://vgmdb.net/album/35419), Japanese tracklist is there too. Looks nice. I'll admit I was kind of hoping for the final cover to be all three Asuno's with their Gundams in their final forms, but that cover won me over.
Old 2012-11-15, 12:18   Link #1012
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamdrawer View Post
thank you very much!
You're welcome!
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 12:26   Link #1013
Blazer-X

Age-FX, Launching!
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 14:12   Link #1014
Zeydra
A random passerby

Tempting though that is to hit play I still hold bitter memories of absolutely ruining my first impressions of Banshee and Gundam from Unicorn's third OST due to really low quality audio uploads, so I'll pass. It's kind of like the musical way of spoiling something. I'll wait for my copy of the soundtrack or one of the guys who normally do the uploads to Youtube

I will say though, since I've listened to all the previews on CDJapan, and I honestly don't recall a good chunk of them ever being used. Tracks ten (a remix of the AGE-FX theme) and eleven (which sounds a bit like a remix of the Zeydra/Legilis theme) for example.

Honestly from hearing them I can't help but wonder if the final arc was going to be something far grander. It could just be only fractions of the tracks were used though (like track four), but still, makes me wonder what else hit the cutting floor besides those tracks.
Old 2012-11-25, 19:12   Link #1015
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
Tempting though that is to hit play I still hold bitter memories of absolutely ruining my first impressions of Banshee and Gundam from Unicorn's third OST due to really low quality audio uploads, so I'll pass. It's kind of like the musical way of spoiling something. I'll wait for my copy of the soundtrack or one of the guys who normally do the uploads to Youtube

I will say though, since I've listened to all the previews on CDJapan, and I honestly don't recall a good chunk of them ever being used. Tracks ten (a remix of the AGE-FX theme) and eleven (which sounds a bit like a remix of the Zeydra/Legilis theme) for example.

Honestly from hearing them I can't help but wonder if the final arc was going to be something far grander. It could just be only fractions of the tracks were used though (like track four), but still, makes me wonder what else hit the cutting floor besides those tracks.
The quality is pretty good on that one. Probably my second favourite track, the first being AGE-2's theme.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 19:22   Link #1016
Destined_Fate

Embrace Gundam Unicorn....
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 20:48   Link #1017
Zeydra
A random passerby

That was one of the videos that ruined Banshee for me actually. Poor audio quality, a fair amount of crackling with higher notes, and relatively low range to the sounds. Unicorn's music has a lot of amazing tweaks to the sounds and lovely quirks and all up is sublime to listen to, and that video really kills the mood to me, and doesn't properly represent the music.

It's also partly not the Unicorn soundtrack, though those first few tracks are fantastic.

Well, I've listened to AGE Volume 4 enough now to post some general impressions on it. It was a solid soundtrack all up, with more tracks than I was expecting to like. It had all the sorts of tracks one would expect from a final arc of a series, lots of final battle music, death music, and general ominous and mournful music, along with a few ultra cheerful tracks that personally felt out of place to me.

All up it was an entertaining listen, and some of the tracks will be in my favourites playlist for some time to come. As for personal tracks I believe were of note, the obvious Gundam AGE-FX aside there was Innen no Taiketsu, Zeheart no Legilis, Countdown, and Tatakai no Hibuta. and finally Nageki Tabi no Owari.

The highlight for me however, was track 28. As is commonplace with anime soundtracks, they often include the TV size openings, closings, and insert songs, and this was no exception. Track 28 featured the insert song for episode 49, the ballad version of the first ending theme. Not the TV size however, the full six minute song. That made my day when I saw the track time.

Some examples of the songs I listed
Innen no Taketsu which is used as the Asemu vs Zeheart theme.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tatakai no Hibuta which is used during the fight for La Gramis.
YouTube

Nageki Tabi no Owari which is played during the ending of the show before the epilogue with Flit's statue.
YouTube

A solid conclusion to Gundam AGE's soundtrack and in my opinion it left a far better taste in the mouth than the shows finale did. Could have been better though, and it is missing a few tracks from the series which now seem to have met the curse of being unreleased tracks, so I'll give it a solid 7.5 out of 10.
Old 2013-02-23, 15:19   Link #1018
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Speaking of the AGE OST 4 soundtrack, what does "Tatakai no Hibuta" translate into? I don't trust the google translation of it, which is "cover for gun barrel of the battle".
Old 2013-02-23, 15:37   Link #1019
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Speaking of the AGE OST 4 soundtrack, what does "Tatakai no Hibuta" translate into? I don't trust the google translation of it, which is "cover for gun barrel of the battle".
Assuming it's: 戦いの火ぶた

Bing translates it as: synchronize

Since it's Gundam, Google's translation kind of fits, but I wouldn't know.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 03:48   Link #1020
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
"Hibuta" relates to the flash pan in the fuse mechanisms of early firearms. I guess one can translate it as "Battle Fuse".
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote