Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2006-07-15, 03:21   Link #141
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis
I hope so. Karura is steadly becoming a big favorite of mine and this scenario will help to understand her character and make her shine even more.
I agree I agree.., altough at first the characters I had the strongest feelings about was Benawi, when Karura jumped into the scene it was something realy un-expected.

I speak this of course because of the part where she first appears, in the beach with the heavy winds & rain.., then she starts doing that "crack" with her fingers and with a psychotic look she charges the soldiers and slays them all

From that moment on I knew Karura would be an awsome character.., then adding the strenght she has and that huge blade realy make her probably Hakuoro's most powerful allie.

Some of her great moments have been seen in the fights, things as when she faces off Touka and swings her blade and says "Can't you hear her sing.., she thirsts for blood" , when she faces Touka again in the bridge , and last but not least here on episode 14 where she compleatly devastates that small army in the village.

Karura definitly, for all the aspects so far.., to me is one of my favorite characters in Uta-mono, if not "The" favorite

Now I can only hope her arc unfolds nicely
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 23:43   Link #142
Cardiac Glycoside

Minigame again.

Is it just me, or is Eruruu really, really useless? As oppossed to Aruruu and her furry menagerie of death.
Old 2006-07-16, 02:05   Link #143
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac Glycoside
Minigame again.

Is it just me, or is Eruruu really, really useless? As oppossed to Aruruu and her furry menagerie of death.
Yes, Eruruw is quite useless. However, the real powerhouses of the game are Uruto, Kamyu and Mutsumi by far.
Cruzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 09:47   Link #144
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Eruru's alright once you get the combo's going.

Though, i have to admit - Eruru's one handy character in the actually Uta' game.
Old 2006-07-16, 11:17   Link #145
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzz
Yes, Eruruw is quite useless. However, the real powerhouses of the game are Uruto, Kamyu and Mutsumi by far.
Kamyu?

Can she even fight?
Old 2006-07-17, 00:19   Link #146
Cardiac Glycoside

IMHO (minigame, again~) Urutorii and Kamyu would be far more useful as 2P backup characters than as single players. They have really damaging hit-all magic, but it takes a while to charge up--all the while, all the blobs, monkeys and woptars in the world will gang up on you and kill you. It would be better to have Aruruu or the Aged Maddox Look-Alike tank while they do their thing.

The same applies somewhat with Dorii and Gura.
Old 2006-07-18, 01:16   Link #147
Key Board
Carbon

Urutori and Kamyu are supposed to be your typical nuker mages

but up to know they never had a chance to display their might which is understadable given the flow of the story

they'll probably get more screen time during the natung arc
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 10:58   Link #148
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac Glycoside
IMHO (minigame, again~) Urutorii and Kamyu would be far more useful as 2P backup characters than as single players. They have really damaging hit-all magic, but it takes a while to charge up--all the while, all the blobs, monkeys and woptars in the world will gang up on you and kill you. It would be better to have Aruruu or the Aged Maddox Look-Alike tank while they do their thing.
Uhhhh. They're so pathetically easy to use to annihilate everything on the screen it ain't even funny. You fly around a bit (uruto, kamyu and mutsumi are all fast enough to outrun more or less all opponents in the game) to get everything clumped up, then jump as far as you can, charge up the magic until something gets close, release and jump again. You can make it through all the non-boss fights without taking a single point of damage really.

Or if you have tons of time to spare, they all have air to ground attacks, though they're rather weak. You can just spend 95% of your time jumping around and blasting the puny AI opponents that can't damage you.
Old 2006-07-18, 11:12   Link #149
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
It only gets slightly challenging when you fight Suonkasu or other bosses that attack when you're charging and they come along the diagonal. Fortunately Urutorii and Kamyu jump high. :X
Zaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 09:18   Link #150
Ayumu Narumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzz

Spoiler for Character combinations:
The part about bonus characters, are they the ones at the bottom of the character select screencap on this thread? Only I have 24 characters unlocked (down to the line with Mutsumi, Suonkasu et al) and there's no indication that there should be more; tried steps 1-2 in the above and all I've unlocked is a bunny girl 'Congratulations' screen. Have I missed out something simple, or am I just never destined to have those last four?
Ayumu Narumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 09:48   Link #151
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumu Narumi
The part about bonus characters, are they the ones at the bottom of the character select screencap on this thread? Only I have 24 characters unlocked (down to the line with Mutsumi, Suonkasu et al) and there's no indication that there should be more; tried steps 1-2 in the above and all I've unlocked is a bunny girl 'Congratulations' screen. Have I missed out something simple, or am I just never destined to have those last four?
Try scrolling down with the arrow keys. Don't have the minigame installed anywhere, but as I recall they don't show up unless you specifically scroll down.
Old 2006-07-21, 23:12   Link #152
Flame-X
Anti-fan

at the end of ep 16, we see a new character named Kuuya. is this person friend or foe to hakuro?
Old 2006-07-21, 23:35   Link #153
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp-X
at the end of ep 16, we see a new character named Kuuya. is this person friend or foe to hakuro?
Kuuya is female.

Surely, You know the drill by now.

It's so obvious, no really.
Old 2006-07-22, 03:35   Link #154
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I've just joined the forums and watched the Anime recently.. up to episode 6 so far and already Love it more than any other (Short Anime -30 eps) Anime i've seen and Now I just noticed there is a Game. I downloaded it and have it set up but there is only one thing wrong... Its Japanese and I Cant read japanese at all

Are there any English patches or Any way to get it in English so I can understand it? I would gladly give up any game for it...

P.S. Sorry for being a Noob
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 09:50   Link #155
KBTKaiser

such talk is forbidden here, Tanqki. Just a warning...
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 14:38   Link #156
Tangki

oh ~ sry then ....
Tangki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 15:26   Link #157
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox
I've just joined the forums and watched the Anime recently.. up to episode 6 so far and already Love it more than any other (Short Anime -30 eps) Anime i've seen and Now I just noticed there is a Game. I downloaded it and have it set up but there is only one thing wrong... Its Japanese and I Cant read japanese at all

Are there any English patches or Any way to get it in English so I can understand it? I would gladly give up any game for it...

P.S. Sorry for being a Noob

I guess there is no English yet then..
Old 2006-07-29, 06:17   Link #158
roxybudgy
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to roxybudgy Send a message via MSN to roxybudgy Send a message via Yahoo to roxybudgy
Heh heh, I got hooked on the anime series, and as someone who loves spoilers, I decided to play the game to find out how it might end. I kinda rushed through it the first time around, so now I'm playing again slowly, and doing an amateur text translation as I go along, very very slowly.

I was wondering...

Spoiler:
roxybudgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 10:26   Link #159
Key Board
Carbon

MAJOR SPOILERS for the above query

Spoiler:
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 12:37   Link #160
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier