AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2011-11-05, 14:54   Link #41
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Umm...here's something I already said about Sora no Otoshimono:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
DearS:
Once again, this is also a so-so anime. Although not as bad as R+V plotwise, some of the main characters and the theme are not fleshed out enough. Also, I don’t really like the main-guy for some reason. One more thing though: in my opinion, this anime is a direct rip-off/copy of the manga/anime with the same theme which is quite superior in most aspects compared to DearS. That manga/anime is called Sora no Otoshimono. Still, Sora no Otoshimono is far from finished, while DearS (as you knew already) has a definitive happy ending.

(to me) The main guy in Sora no Otoshimono is a pervert but since the series focuses its comedy on his perversion, it makes him an interestingly funny character to have.
Old 2011-11-05, 15:51   Link #42
Undertaker

Yeah, pretty sure we mentioned Sora no Otoshimono before. It's another hit-miss title. The main knock for you might be the fantastic element in and comedic sue of super deform characters. But it is ecchi, have relation, and some nice graphic.

I would actually suggest you to give Air Gear a try since it have quite a few element you like. It's not really just about skating. The series has a semi-futuristic setting where skates are now build with boost engines in it. The races are not pure race either, it almost like the movie Rollerball but with jet skate and the whole city is track. It's got hot girls, ecchi moment, school setting.
Old 2011-11-06, 15:25   Link #43
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Sorry, it looks like i didn't pay enough attention; it is probably because the title of that anime was hanging around the manga discussion and i totally skipped it. I'll then give it a try.

I'll also try out Air gear; afterall i haven't got anything else to watch.

EDIT
While searching a bit on AP, i found this title: Seto no Hanayome. Now, it isn't ecchi, but from some scenes i see that the guy is grabbing her tits. Even if content like explicit tits bouncing and panty shots isn't shown, it is still okay until it got this kind of "situations" where the guy is doing this kind of stuff. Have you ever watched it? Can i add it to the list, or would surely turn out to be a bad catch?

Btw, Next friday i'm getting new connection and laptop repaired, so i should be able to watch animes again.

Thank you always for suggesting titles, i'm hungry.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 17:51   Link #44
Undertaker

Seto no Hanayome in not ecchi. It is a romantic harem comedy with heavy emphasis on comedy part. Again, give it a try, it's a hit/miss title. There is a fantastic element in that the main female is a mermaid from a family of mermaid yakuza. However the main emphasis of the series is to play on fact that Japanese name for mermaid is "ningyo" which sound similar to "ninkyo" a nicer way to refer to "yakuza", (Japanese mafia)

It not a great series, but at same time not a bad series on any mean. It's a nice series to past time with and get a few laugh. Though it does give you some perspective on how yakuza act in anime/manga. (the good ones anyway.)
Old 2011-11-06, 18:41   Link #45
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ok, officially on the list.

To make suggestions easier, i can give up the ecchi element but then the school setting and dramas are a must. By "dramas" i don't mean horrible endings, but cries during the anime and emotional moments.

I'm still searching some titles (I'll update this post during the night), and i found this one:
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien; however, the fact that School Days is the most recommended after this truly scares me. There are too many comments about the two being very dramatic, but how much dramatic? Warn me if this ends up to be like SD, so i avoid it. That shit would have disturbed even the most cynical bastard.

Kanon: found out it's a VN, so the anime could be pleasant; however, from the SS it reminds me of Clannad artwork, and i wouldn't want it to be slowpaced/boring as the latter. I dropped clannad exactly for that reason.

Air: same as Kanon ^

Angel Beats!: For some reason, this anime just appeals me. It's like a sixt sense, but i just feel i'll like it. This sense often betrays me, so i'll ask for your opinion: would it be good? I feel i can easily get over the fantasy factor (I remind you that i loved Haruhi Suzumiya no Yutsu, which contained loads of fantasy, time travelling and other stuff; however, as stated before, i liked this anime because of the plot itself: it was just a story i would never have thought of, coupled with a splendid protagonist mind, developed characters and entertaining episodes, beside it gave me phylosophical inspiration.). Tbh, i think i'll try it out anyway, still i'd like your opinion, if there is something i should be warned of (Like horrible ending).
Old 2011-11-06, 20:11   Link #46
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien:
There’s a reason why it was recommended right beside School Days. That’s because the two is almost similar. I don’t think I have to mention to you in what way they’re similar coz that’ll be a little spoiling if you decide to watch it.

Kanon:
Comes from the same team who made Clannad, so expect a lot of similarity in tones. However, the main-guy here get to interact with more girls than in Clannad. Also, I think Kanon is better than Clannad in the ‘enjoyment’ department and also not really as slow.

Air:
Story-wise, it’s same as Clannad. A bit slow and with a sad ending too. There’s a two version of Air: a movie and a TV series.

Angel Beats:
It’s more like Haruhi Suzumiya. There’s humor, drama, fantasy/sci-fi element, good characters and romance.
Old 2011-11-06, 20:56   Link #47
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

B Gata H Kei
Oniichan no Koto
Mayo chiki

These are my favourite anime full of romance and echhiness, also you can find the whole of B gata and Koto uncensored and subbed on the net, while atm only 4 eps of Mayo chiki are uncensored
Old 2011-11-06, 22:31   Link #48
Undertaker

I would suggest caution on Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. It's a good series, but I was a series I only watch it once and did touch it again. Unlike School Day, the character isn't f#$ked. On the other hand, it is an realistic portrayal on the given condition. Even though everything works out in the end, there are parts of it that would would make you scream in agony. It's based on eroge, and was consider to be on the heavy side, so keep that in mind.

Clannad, Kanon, and Air are KEY products and the story and character design people for Angel Beat works for KEY as well. The thing with KEY is that all their products have the same flair and pace between them. It was their biggest strength and weakness. Since you don't like Clannad, I doubt you'll like Air and Kanan. But you can still give them an episode or two to try. With that being said, Clannad was the only non-eroge of the bunch and had slower pace than the other two. Angel Beat is much faster paced and more light-hearted partially due to it being anime original. However, again the story has a distinct KEY flair to it so keep that in mind.
Old 2011-11-07, 10:37   Link #49
Redoaxe
ツンデレ。。。?

If you want drama:
True Tears
Myself;Yourself
ef - a tale of memories.
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Old 2011-11-10, 11:59   Link #50
DrSmith

I stumbled upon an anime that might interest you: Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne.
(and although ecchi is not mentioned in this link, it's pantsu shot gallore).
It's almost the same setting as KissXsis, though you may not like the character design.
DrSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 11:32   Link #51
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finally got my laptop back.

I just got back and i'm happy i found so many more titles and opinions, now i think i can draw down a priority list. (For the moment i'll avoid Kimi ga Nozomu Eien; PS, it's not like my mind gets screwed up for this little, i'm kinda rational and a cynical bastard, but lately i started feeling like this is deleting my personality, and so i'm opening towards emotions and feelings that normal people feel. Just to point it out, i didn't drop a tear neither when my granma/pa died, or when one of my classmates got thundered in the shower, and i wasn't neither sad. This made me think i was too much emotionless, and that's why i'm trying to get back some feelings, trying even to fake some laugh sometimes. Since i'm lowering my guard towards this, when i get too much in the story, because i want to, and it turns out to be disturbing, i express my disappointment. I can get back to being an emotionless cynical bastard anytime, it's just that i don't want to, since i'm liking experiencing good/bad feelings; it's only that at the moment i want to enjoy good feelings.)

Ok, here it goes the list: (I took a look at screenshots from other titles you mentionend, so some dropped priority)
Fortune Arterial: Fortunatly, i'll finish this tonight, after 2 weeks of stalling due to technical issues
nyan koi: After i got proposed with all these suggestions, i don't think i can wait anymore and i'll probably drop it for the moment.

Seitokai Yakuindomo: This title mantains its priority
Freezing: I'm tempted on delaying the before suggested titles for the new ones, but i said to myself i won't, so i'll keep the actual priority
Omamori Himari: too much sexy anyway to delay this, so won't happen for fuck lol
Seitokai no Ichizon: After a bit, i decided to change my mind and reconsider this title. I don't even why i skipped it in the first place. Stupid me.
Sora no Otoshimono: Big tits
Angel Beats: This actually would get first priority because it's similar to Haruhi Suzumiya no Yutsu, but i intentionally want to delay this title to get the crescendo effect.
ef a tale of memories: Looked at some SS, and i can tell you i should definitly enjoy this title.
Myself;Yourself: It had actually been suggested long ago, it's only that it got forgotten. I'm grateful to you for having brought this title back again, since i wanted to watch it.
True Tears: I'll keep dramas for last.
Kannagi: This drops since i don't like much the female character hairstyle. It's still on the list.
Green Green: Drops due to anime's age. The list might shorten fast tho, so will remain here anyway.

Already watched Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo; it actually was the first movie that got me interested in japanese animation, and the same title that made me give a try to "Haruhi Suzumiya no Yutsu" and you know the rest of the story. Did i skip saying this? Must have been too much distracted.

Once again, i'm really happy you found out more titles. I will definitely watch em all, and after having done so, i might be able to give you more hints about which i liked more out of those, so that you can bring me something similar.

Thank you again. This evening tho giving a party, so i will be able to do so later on, 2am prolly.

EDIT
Finished watching FA, and enjoyed it; i have to say that i would have preferred a less approximative ending, but still left a good final to imagination. If there was a second season, would have been beast.

Now going for Seitokai Yakuindomo

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-11-11 at 19:59.
Old 2011-11-12, 16:06   Link #52
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ok, priority list just got fucked up lol

Watched the first episode of Seitokai Yakuindomo and i just saw a bunch of girl's mestruation jokes all around. Also there were too many animated faces, so dropped it.

After that, i was going for freezing, when i just couldn't resist watching Omamori Himari, so i went for it and... LOVED IT. I just fell in love with Himari from the beginning; she just fits all my requirements as a girl (Sexy, big tits, black hairs, cute) and so far she was the girl i liked the most out of all the animes i watched, and since the catgirl mode was just once a month, it was easily bearable. Liked the series overall, satisfying enough plot, cute girls, no easy harem, good hearted male character, kisses, tits, panty shots,... contained kinda everything.
Vote: 9.5

This was a total win. The end was enough good aswell, I liked it, and even though it would be good if there was a sequel, i'm happy anyway. Thanks again for suggesting me this title, loved it.

Now going for Angel Beats. The list just got screwed up, i'll watch them in the order i feel in that moment.

EDIT
Finished watching Angel Beats, and i loved it. It had a main male character's point of view, very similar to Kyon's, i liked the school background and all that supernatural background concerning God and existence problems in general, how to get by in hard life situations, and how to accept your life. Many episodes kinda touched me, i loved it. When it's like this, i don't give a shit if it doesn't contain hentai/ecchi stuff, because the anime is good as it is. The female lead was also pretty much the copy of Haruhi, but i was more pending towards the angel girl. It contained many sad stories, hard past, very difficult life situations, but the whole anime was about getting over it, and stopping rebelling against life, and try to accept it as it was. Sent many life messages, was just overall awesome for that reason. I also liked how the characters were developed, and i even liked the ending, even though it was just sad.... sad. Sad. Actually, the last scene showed Yuzure grabbing the angel's shoulder, being it the real ending; it could mean that in the end he accepted his life and managed to get back to his angel, but the story itself was a bit mindfucking. I didn't understand the point of the special episodes, but the one lasting 2 mins seemed to introduce a new season, even tho i wouldn't want to replace old characters with new ones, expecially the angel. It just would fuck up the whole story. I'm okay like this. Vote: 10 (Definitely goes in the 2nd cathegory).

If you have something else as sentimental/drama/psicological(maybe this last term is not correct) like this, or like "The vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya" (That had much thinking and reflection), I would really be grateful to you. Actually, as you can see, the main theme would be life, existence themes and God questions. Haruhi's series contained all this, since Haruhi herself was considered to be a god, even not knowing it. Angel beats was focusing even more on this theme, and had even more thinking from the characters. Overall, i'm open to anything that can give me philosophical/life lessons. This would add another cathegory. New interests have been open.

Now going for Ef - A tale of memories. The other titles listed above have been delayed.

EDIT
Finished watching this anime, and it was really very emotional. It really took me into the story, especially the second storyline, even though i preferred the first (Because it was more light). Both storylines ended in a good way, but the second was so sad.... It gave me a good amount of emotions, and i cannot rate this below 9 anyways. Liked it very much. However, the whole anime had from the beginning a sad atmosphere of despair; i would prefer stories that aren't about this kind of diseases, like "person who forgets everything everyday" or "person bound to a bed" or anything that would annihilate any hope of a good ending. This one actually had a good end, broken chains of memory, but it was fucking sad all the way, really. I'm okay with sad pasts, and getting over difficulties, but it hasn't to be something 99% hopeless.

Now going for Sora no Otoshimono; it should be lighter emotionwise. Thank you for suggesting me these titles.

EDIT
Finished watching Sora no Otoshimono, and enjoyed it really much. The only thing i didn't like was that 98% of the time the male protagonist was portrayed as an animated small boy, giving up lots of seriousness. Beside this, as i said, i really liked this show, reminded me a lot of DearS, way better. I'd rate it 8.5. Thanks for suggesting this title.

Now it's Seitokai no Ichizon turn

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-11-13 at 17:10.
Old 2011-11-13, 19:32   Link #53
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Dropped Seitokai no Ichizon for the moment, because i found it a bit boring. Always in that room, doing student council stuff, while the male characters tries to have an harem in there. I also came to know that there is no kiss whatsoever, so no enough development in any relation.

On the other side, I decided to pick up Yosuga no Sora again, due to its thematics and school setting, and i was able to get over the "gray hair" factor. Ye, it's like amagami SS, and i'm kinda enjoying it, so i'm at it, at the moment.

EDIT
Last 3 episodes left, and i'm done. I'm enjoying it as i enjoyed Amagami SS. It contains even more ecchi, but for some reason i still like more the latter; might be for the characters, or the plots, or for the music background(in YnS there is always the same melody all the way, that gets boring), i don't know, but amagami still pleased me more even not containing explicit sex scenes whatsoever. I'd still rate YnS 9.4. I don't think the last 3 episodes will influence much my opinion, since i liked all the arcs so far (The first is always the best). Anyways, i'll watch them next week, i'm tired.

On my list there are only these two left:
Freezing
Myself Yourself

Other titles got little priority, and could be further delayed if new titles get suggested. However, i've already burnt many animes on my way, so i don't know how many others are left, that i would enjoy. Keep in mind that 3rd cathegory, that should include psicological/god/existence themes, or dramas (with no heavy difficult hopeless situations like "Person bound to a bed" or other not curable disease, that only leads to total dispair), both settled in a school background, or however, concerning a boy and a girl's relation. Thank you again for your suggestions.

Cya friday

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-11-13 at 21:05.
Old 2011-11-19, 16:00   Link #54
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Sorry for the multiposting.

Finished watching both freezing and Myself;Yourself.

Freezing: Enjoyed the show, it was pretty much like sekirei; however, i didn't like all that body parts ripping throghout. Actually, i would love seeing arms flying and people cut in half when it comes to fight/combat animes, see berserk, but since i was looking for an anime involving a boy and a girl's relation, all that blood didn't fit well. Anyways, since there was the shit that they could regenerate & stuff, this was easily acceptable. I'd rate it a bit less than sekirei tho.

Myself;Yourself:
Really liked this show, would rate it easily 9.5. It contained a good plot, lots of drama in it, but it was an affordable drama. When the drama comes from the past, it's totally okay. It's not okay when the drama comes from the present story itself, like schooldays. Actually, i like drama even in the present story, but it don't something sick as schooldays. I was disappointed that there wasn't even one kiss after all that, but the end quite cleared out many points, and was totally happy, so +1.

Now there isn't anymore a list, but i wanted to tell you two things: you can still suggest titles. They do contain something i wouldn't like, but other things that i may enjoy? Say it. Don't be worried about it, even if they contain something that i don't like, i might get over it if you tell me what's exactly wrong with that certain title. I'm telling you this because i noticed that i liked many animes that didn't contain exactly what i was looking for, or actually had both good and bad things. Example, M;Y was a romance, had drama, and 0 ecchi but i still loved it. Omamori himari had a cat girl, but i still loved it. Angel Beats didn't have even one kiss whatsoever, and it's still topping my classific. As you can see, all these titles didn't contain many of my requirements, but i still enjoyed them a lot, so well, propose any title, and near it post a description of what i would like and what i wouldn't. I'm sure i can get over some things now.

Anyways, thank you for all the titles you gave me so far. You helped me all the way knowing my real interests, providing me a lot of fun watching. Thank you.

Anyways, untill you do not come up with other titles, i'll give a try to the following titles that fell in oblivion: They Are My Noble Masters, Kannagi, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Sola, Ikkitousen, Green Green, Astarotte no Omocha.
Old 2011-11-19, 16:35   Link #55
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

If you’re in the mood for some drama, you may want to watch the titles that you mentioned earlier like Kanon and Air. Once again, only if you’re in the mood for a drama (not ecchi or action whatsoever). I see that you already experienced Ef – Tale of Memories. Compared to Ef, Kanon is much more cheerful and not as slow as Clannad (I think), while Air is on the same level with Ef for the drama and sad atmosphere.

Oh yeah, other title that you mentioned earlier and seem to forget is Ai Yori Aoshi. Now that is a harem-ecchi-drama anime that you might enjoy. It’s pretty light and cheerful anime compared to the titles above.
Old 2011-11-19, 17:24   Link #56
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Oh ye, i had given Ai Yori Aoshi a try, when it got first suggested, but the story set kinda bored me. Actually, what bored me the most was the girl, and i didn't quite like those kidGohan-like short blue hair, so i dropped it at about 6th ep.

As far as Kanon is concerned, i wanted to know what's with Kanon and Kanon 2006; is the 2006' the sequel of the previous one, or they are different stories, with no links? I'd rather go for the 2006's one anyway, due to its age, but let me know if i really do need the first Kanon series to actually understand it.

After i finish watching all these titles, i might get back watching again series i really loved, like onegai teacher or toradora.
Old 2011-11-19, 17:34   Link #57
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

It's cool, you don't have to watch Kanon. Kanon 2006 is a remake with better story and (obviously) better animation.

Oh, so you already tried Ai Yori Aoshi. Yeah, I also thought that the girls' look are quite boring too. Maybe the manga is better.
Old 2011-11-20, 02:11   Link #58
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Dropped Seitokai no Ichizon for the moment, because i found it a bit boring. Always in that room, doing student council stuff, while the male characters tries to have an harem in there. I also came to know that there is no kiss whatsoever, so no enough development in any relation.
I really liked Seitokai :'(. You know, I never really thought of it as a romance/ecchi anime at all. I completely saw it as a comedy anime (which is my #1 comedy anime), well maybe just a tad bit of romance but nothing major. IMO it's not really ecchi either...well I hope you come back to it in the future if your looking for a comedy anime, assuming you thought it was funny from watching a few episodes.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 02:31   Link #59
Kyle2006
Banned

Thumbs up

One anime I enjoyed a lot is MM! Best artwork I've seen, VERY VERY VERY funny, many embarrassing love moments.... I cannot find any reason to not watch this anime..
Kyle2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 06:39   Link #60
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Watched the first episode of Kanon, and it gave me the same feeling of clannad, so dropped it.

However, i checked out MM, and it got the character design i actually like, and it got me into the story from the beginning, so this is a win. I wouldn't have thought there was something else that could please me now. This was suggested long ago, but got forgotten. Thanks for bringing this title back. Now going for the 3th ep.