AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 12 13.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 5.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 13.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 14.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 9.20%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 12 13.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 9.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 9.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 8.05%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-24, 02:29   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Infinite Stratos - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Infinite Stratos, Episode 11.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-03-24, 02:30   Link #2
zibi88

well for what I got it from this preview posted above while using even google trans. its more like....
Spoiler for 11...:

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-03-24 at 02:34. Reason: Removed ep 12 info from spoiler
Old 2011-03-24, 11:30   Link #3
battleengine

Spoiler for from novel:
Old 2011-03-24, 12:06   Link #4
justpassingby

suddenly newtype moment

edit: loli Houki

some screencaps
Spoiler for image:

Nice episode. I'm glad Houki got her screen time after been shafted, and I like how vibrant the red on her IS.

edit again
Regarding Houki's failure
Spoiler for ship:

Sorry if I couldn't translate it well, never done a novel translation before :P

Last edited by justpassingby; 2011-03-24 at 13:15.
Old 2011-03-24, 13:35   Link #5
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Yes, this show is finally back in groove. Looking forward to the raw.
Old 2011-03-24, 13:49   Link #6
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for IS 11 - Interminable Strength:

Last edited by Midonin; 2011-03-24 at 14:16.
Old 2011-03-24, 14:05   Link #7
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Gundam parallels, you are GO!
Old 2011-03-24, 17:49   Link #8
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Reminds me of a time when we watched a magical girl anime for the SRW shouts.
Old 2011-03-24, 18:16   Link #9
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

A very dramatic episode.
Old 2011-03-24, 18:31   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was hilariously bad

The fight started out pretty well, with some nice animation and choreography and then... Ichika happened. The naked Newtype scene was totally random and completely uncalled for. It made me laugh so hard I was unable to take the rest of the episode seriously. Ichika acted like a retard and made a mistake at a critical moment (if he had just attacked and destroyed the robot, everyone, including the guys on that motherfucking boat would have been perfectly safe), and yet he's the one who lectured Houki. What the hell? Sure, she was a little drunk with power and therefore acted arrogantly, however, she still followed orders to the letter and did her job - flawlessly, might I add.

Since I thought Ichika was the one at fault here, Houki going all emo over her non-existent blunder obviously only irked me. And what's this? Rin playing a relevant role!? This is a miracle! +1 point for that.
Old 2011-03-24, 18:43   Link #11
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Too bad the plan didn't work. Even if the ship wasn't there i don't think they could've beat it in one.

Most of the ep dealt with Houki overcoming her fear of being to violent. Nice to see them when they were younger. A nice slap always gets people to wake up. I liked how all the girls joined forces to take it out.

No surprising Chifuyu locked herself in the command center. Also partially suspected what would happen. Hope Ichika wakes in time to see the girls hopefully beat it.

Did Tabane leave? I wanted to see more of her, maybe even try to console Houki.
Old 2011-03-24, 18:51   Link #12
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Too bad the plan didn't work. Even if the ship wasn't there i don't think they could've beat it in one.

Most of the ep dealt with Houki overcoming her fear of being to violent. Nice to see them when they were younger. A nice slap always gets people to wake up. I liked how all the girls joined forces to take it out.

No surprising Chifuyu locked herself in the command center. Also partially suspected what would happen. Hope Ichika wakes in time to see the girls hopefully beat it.

Did Tabane leave? I wanted to see more of her, maybe even try to console Houki.
Sadly we know Ichika will wake already because of the first episode intro showing him fighting Gospel with the girls. Kind of lessens the drama a little if you remember that.

I also don't think fear of being too violent is the right way to put it. She pretty much just has anger issues and fails at thinking things through sometimes. I don't think the scene in the anime was her fault but everyone including herself felt like it was her fault so she was taking it really badly. Also Ichika was hurt protecting her which made her feel even worse.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-03-24, 19:00   Link #13
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was hilariously bad
my exact reaction. haha. like, i wasn't expecting much, but wow. started off well, but then he protects pirates. okay. passable. then they have gundam naked in space talk. uh... then Houki goes into moping stage. then they go team cheer her up, then they go attack it. right. lets just ignore the plot holes and horrible pacing. still a rather horrible episode. haha.

character development wasn't horrible. since it dealt with how Houki has a lot of pent up anger and never had an avenue to release it, but to zoom through that in 5 minutes wasn't the best way to do it..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2011-03-24, 19:03   Link #14
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
character development wasn't horrible. since it dealt with how Houki has a lot of pent up anger and never had an avenue to release it, but to zoom through that in 5 minutes wasn't the best way to do it..
Houki's anger issues have basically been present the whole show through, she even talked about it a few episodes ago.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-03-24, 19:06   Link #15
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

but to resolve it in a 2 minute conversation..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2011-03-24, 19:10   Link #16
AzureWrath

I'm just happy that Rin gets a moment to herself in this episode. it has been at least 5 episode since a cool Rin moment.
Old 2011-03-24, 19:25   Link #17
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Sadly we know Ichika will wake already because of the first episode intro showing him fighting Gospel with the girls. Kind of lessens the drama a little if you remember that.

I also don't think fear of being too violent is the right way to put it. She pretty much just has anger issues and fails at thinking things through sometimes. I don't think the scene in the anime was her fault but everyone including herself felt like it was her fault so she was taking it really badly. Also Ichika was hurt protecting her which made her feel even worse.
Oh yea i totally forgot about the opening scene. I guess i didn't expect him to wake up int time to fight.

Yea your right, i just couldn't put into words what i was thinking when writing it up.
Old 2011-03-24, 19:31   Link #18
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
but to resolve it in a 2 minute conversation..
I have to agree with that. That was pretty fast. I was expecting Ichika to snap her out of that depression, but I too am glad Rin got some screen time, or an important role at least.

On another note, this episode feels like a reflection on Houki's violent history. And overcoming that anger history in a 2 minute conversation is kind of... wow.

Closing up, this episode was..okay. Take into account also that this season is coming to a close soon, so it was expected that they'd rush it. It was somewhat difficult to take this episode seriously, but with Ichika hospitalized, kind of changed that theme of the episode. I don't know about all of you, but that kinda changed my whole perspective of their current situation. I don't think this episode was bad, I just thought it ended to quickly.
Old 2011-03-24, 19:37   Link #19
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was hilariously bad

The fight started out pretty well, with some nice animation and choreography and then... Ichika happened. The naked Newtype scene was totally random and completely uncalled for. It made me laugh so hard I was unable to take the rest of the episode seriously. Ichika acted like a retard and made a mistake at a critical moment (if he had just attacked and destroyed the robot, everyone, including the guys on that motherfucking boat would have been perfectly safe), and yet he's the one who lectured Houki. What the hell? Sure, she was a little drunk with power and therefore acted arrogantly, however, she still followed orders to the letter and did her job - flawlessly, might I add.

Since I thought Ichika was the one at fault here, Houki going all emo over her non-existent blunder obviously only irked me. And what's this? Rin playing a relevant role!? This is a miracle! +1 point for that.
Yeah that was certainly the silliest thing I've seen out of this show yet. Rampaging IS, but let's get naked and talk ethics. The cheese was so thick you could make a sandwich with it.

Speaking of the Silverio Gospel, it doesn't make for much of an antagonist. For a berserk weapon of mass destruction, it has destroyed all of... nothing. No thanks to our heroes of course. It gets to the point that I question Ichika being worried about the ship at all. The Silverio is such a benevolent mad robot that it would probably have left them alone altogether. It certainly couldn't have done any harm if they'd...you know...destroyed it when they had the chance instead of spending half a minute worrying and another half conversing. Either the people in charge here are hopelessly incompetent or terribly unlucky that the only answer they have to this issue are angsty brats.

Even Dragon Crisis' penultimate episode melodrama made more sense than this.

P.S. An explosion to the face with no shield energy hurts him so little that he can get by with a drip and no medical attention. Lol, yeah. Way to rob all tension that could possibly exist.
Old 2011-03-24, 19:44   Link #20
Dahak86
Classics never age

pretty good episode. as expected, completely Houki-devoted. which is a good thing, glad she didn't get shafted 'till the end...

of course, she just had to go all merry and show off her skillz in her new IS...
which, as consequence, provided us with her transformation sequence (finally, I might add ):

Spoiler for Houki call-up sequence:

also funny how she already had that typical expression of hers at such a young age too =>
Spoiler:

Ichika... no comment.

Rin surprised me a bit, wasn't certainly expecting that from her.

yeah, the "dramatic" part wasn't "very well executed"... so to speak. but I guess, it was to be expected.

PS: btw, illegal fishing boat? -- Senkaku islands, anyone?