Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-05-24, 13:08   Link #4401
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
So I am the only one rooting for Bayern?

I think it really is time for Bayern to pick up the CL trophy after losing 2 finals in 3 years, once deservedly and the other time rather unluckily. Their core players like Lahm and Schweinsteiger came close to major titles outside Germany on several occasions, and it would be quite some disappointment if they don't have a CL title.
I'm rooting for Bayern also. They have a fantastic team and have made a brilliant campaign this last few years. To top it of they really didn't deserve to loose to Chelsea but those guys just manage to eke out those unfair wins year after year*

* nope, not bitter at all. xD
Old 2013-05-25, 15:42   Link #4402
Blaat

Bayern won, the match was pretty similar to the Europa League final, underdog team was better in the first half, the other team scored the winning goal in the last minute.

And Robben finally scores in an one versus one situation against the keeper during a final, after ten tries or so.
Old 2013-05-25, 15:59   Link #4403
Dextro
He Without a Title

Both teams played beautifully though. It was one of the best, if not the best, football match I saw this season. Fantastic game.

Watching the suffering on the face of the Borussia players after the final whistle was heartbreaking. They played a superb game but Bayern was just slightly better in the end.

I just hope I can get tickets for next years final (since it'll be played at my teams stadium). I don't particularly matter who plays, just hope that it's a game with the same quality as this one.
Old 2013-05-25, 16:03   Link #4404
ChampDream
Alive

that was really a great match! too bad that only one can get the CL, both team are to be respect
Robben got revenge for last final, good for him.
Old 2013-05-25, 16:23   Link #4405
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Congrats to Bayern for winning, after the heartbreaks in last few years I say they deserve it.
Old 2013-05-25, 17:08   Link #4406
Bri

Good match and a deserved result.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 17:23   Link #4407
Mentar
Banned

This was a beautiful game. To be honest, I was sad when Robben scored, because it deprived me of overtime. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who would have loved to see 30 minutes more of this...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 17:53   Link #4408
ChampDream
Alive

is interesting that the UEFA super cup is going to be Chelsea vs Bayern and maybe Mourinho vs Guardiola
Old 2013-05-25, 18:56   Link #4409
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
is interesting that the UEFA super cup is going to be Chelsea vs Bayern and maybe Mourinho vs Guardiola
Was saying that to a mate whilst watching the match. Bet you Bayern will want revenge for being beaten in their own back yard.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 20:11   Link #4410
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
This was a beautiful game. To be honest, I was sad when Robben scored, because it deprived me of overtime. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who would have loved to see 30 minutes more of this...
I thought the same thing too. I really wanted to see more of that, but Hummels and Subotic picked the wrong time to have a mental lapse.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 18:18   Link #4411
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, that was an amazing game. i wanted dortmond to pip them, but oh well. neutral's dream when they got the penalty.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 23:33   Link #4412
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Really happy for Robben too. He was huge in the Semi-Final and Final. I have never seen Robben working so hard to win before this year.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 00:23   Link #4413
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Dortmund really made fans across Europe or even the world with this year's CL campaign. Hopefully they recover from the loss and the Bayern transfers to continue their challenge -- which isn't unlikely, they did successfully replace Kagawa and Sahin to continue their meteoric rise.

I'm not exactly a Bayern fan, but I admit I'm happy for Robben too.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 01:24   Link #4414
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Benitez has been appointed as Napoli's manager.

While Neymar will have Barca's shirt for next season.
So a combination of Neymar and Messi. Let's see how they will play next season.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 23:38   Link #4415
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

For watchers in Canada: the Montreal Impact tied the Vancouver Whitecaps in the second leg of the Canadian Championship final on a 2-2 score. Because of away goals rule, Montreal won and will be the lone Canadian team in the next edition of the CONCACAF Champions League.

Vancouver went ahead twice and looked to run away at times. Also, kudos to the Impact for showing a good mentality to come back from 2 deficits.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 10:50   Link #4416
Nerroth
NePoi!

Now to see who the Impact get drawn against in the CCL group stage. While the American and Mexican CCL entrants are kept apart from each other in this round, the Canadian participant isn't so lucky. So there'll be either one team from the US, or one from Mexico, for Montréal to contend with when the time comes. (The Impact will be in Pot B, along with other teams shown here.)

From what I can tell, the draw should be on the 3rd of June.
Old 2013-05-31, 19:12   Link #4417
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Benitez has been appointed as Napoli's manager.

While Neymar will have Barca's shirt for next season.
So a combination of Neymar and Messi. Let's see how they will play next season.
I give him three seasons there.
Old 2013-06-04, 10:26   Link #4418
Nerroth
NePoi!

The draw has been made for the 2013-14 CONCACAF Champions League... after a bit of a flub during the actual draw itself.

Recently-crowned Canadian champions, the Montréal Impact, are in with the San Jose Earthquakes, as well as whichever team qualifies as Guatemala's second CCL-bound club.

The other MLS sides in the tournament have keen kept apart from each other for the time being, as well as from the Mexican sides. (Under the current CCL format, only one team from the US or Mexico can go into the same group. With eight groups of three, only one side can advance from each group to the knockout stage.)
Old 2013-06-09, 06:30   Link #4419
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

I'm interested to hear how the CCL is received/perceived over in the States. Over here, the AFC Champions League still hasn't gained the foothold in the Australian market as we would hope, but it's slowly growing in stature.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 12:11   Link #4420
Nerroth
NePoi!

Actually, I recall seeing somewhere or other the idea (which may or may not have some weight to it) of splitting the AFC itself along an east/west axis, and then combining the remnants of the OFC into the eastern group.

So, New Zealand and the Pacific islands would be put in the same "Asia-Pacific" confederation as Australia, but the central and western Asian states would be in a separate route to World Cup qualification (not counting inter-confederation qualifiers, such as the one NZ will play to get in for 2014).

From what I recall, the AFC itself has a number of regional sub-groups, but I don't know if this idea would split one or more of those regions into one "new" confederation or another.

Is there any traction for that sort of idea, or was that just fan speculation?

Tags
football, soccer