AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-31, 17:43   Link #2701
Birdway
Banned

Well, keep your expectations low... just in case. I did that and got a pleasant result with NT9.
Old 2014-03-31, 18:00   Link #2702
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
let me question you dniv: if a pedo who raped 20 kids suddenly changes his mind and is the most nice and helpful guy ever, would you forgive him?? would the judgement of people simply say: yeah he changed so dont throw him into the jail, he raped 20 kids but he will not do it anymore...
I agree that will be the most ridiculous thing in the series if everyone just forgive her because she supposedly changed, she committed terrorist attacks, she has to pay for what did.
I do not understand why so many people would find that the normal:

Quote:
Touma: Little Friends, she moved into a good person and has no powers, you can forgive her for the mischief of the past?

World: OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

Me: God bless justice, every terrorist attack is justified with good reason.
ps: I'm also not saying that she must die, she can redeem herself, but Kamachi have to work this issue carefully.

Quote:
but what you wrote could work since toaru proofed that it is a super-optimistic-verse where everyone will gain a happy end....
I totally disagree, we can make a list of people who have paid and are still paying for shit they did. do not overdo it.
Old 2014-03-31, 18:54   Link #2703
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
do not overdo it.
It's LevelSeven. Exaggerate everything he has trouble with in ToAru is his vocation
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
you know that this part really rememebrs me on the tvtropes term: Plot Armour
Don't use Trope terms if you don't even understand when to use them.

Quote:
this part reminds me on my previous posts about how eevryone else, i took sam and dean as example, wouldnt survive this without hugh mental scars and trauma, this IS one of the logical laws of the world, after the time he was tortured he should be broken, that he didnt, is a proove of this part
Or maybe you could, I don,t know, do like everyone else and wait for NT10 to see if there is any long lasting effect on Touma?

I litterally have to cut down your huge ass walls of technicolor text to make sense of what you are saying, namely that you have problems with not seeing Touma being psychologically broken at the end of NT9.

And I don't get why you don't wait till the next volume to see how Kamachi handles it. Seriously, not all mental traumas are automatic, they can be underlying, dormant for years in a person's psyche, people may not notice, and if they don't go see a psychologist, they may not be aware that there is a problem with them. Oh, they may have nightmares there and then, suffer from some light insomnia, but they think that, hey, it will pass.

Until their unstable mental state manifest at the most unexpected moment, in the most unexpected way, ranging from split personnality to murderous rampage at your neighbours' party.

Humans are able to convince themselves of anything, even convince themselves that they are sane.
Quote:
my point is that i hate the fact that the instory chars think that he is the real deal, where he is in fact only a small fry...
You do not get it, do you?

What readers and viewers see is an ordinary high school student defeating opponents millions of times more powerful than he is, thanks to his hard-earned street fighting skills, incredible tenacity and absolute refusal to hit the bucket, and his anti-magic right hand.

But that is not what Touma's opponents see. What they see is a walking death machine that can cancel any kind of power no matter how deadly they might be and can get up over and over again no matter how much punishment you dish out to him. The first volume shows this beautifully, when Touma vs. Stiyl fight is narrated from Stiyl's point of view, and we see how a magician views Touma and why he becomes dreaded. At one point, Stiyl seriously thinks he might be fighting God.
Quote:
you see: even if badass/powerful chars are common, they are this way because the fans like them, in the end they simply wait for touma to reach the place of a MC in the end of his story, that means the place where he is the strongest...
No. That's what you expect of shounen manga. In any other works, MC =/= the strongest.

Was Harry Potter the strongest magician in all history at the end of the series?
Quote:
you see, i wrote my intention a few times now, and in the end, either touma will disappoint many fans if he stays like he is or he will get "boring" because he reaches the same place which every MC reaches in the end of a shounen story... the level as the one above all...
Such bullcrap, I guess we can safely dismiss all those shounen series such as Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist (who lost his alchemy in the end, and was not the strongest anyway), Kenshin Himura of Rurouni Kenshin (who is actually weak, but wins because he is skilled at his own brand of swordmanship as a counterpart), Yuki of Mirai Nikki (who just let his Yandere girlfriend do the fighting for him), Lelouch of Code Geass (uses his intelligence and tactics more than his power to win all while being an average pilot and outright pathetic ground-pounder), Rock of Black Lagoon (non-action average salary man with wits)...

Need I go on?

Quote:
since 100% ars magna > majin....
Weren't your illusions already broken on this? It's false.
Quote:
and since toaru is a super-optimitic-story their are no "bad" guys, in a less idealistic world toumas dream (with a happy end for everyone) would be destroyed in vol. 1
The Kiharas, the Board of Chairman who are for all intents and purpose a dystopia government, Terra of the Left...

Quote:
dystopian series are not liked
What are you on about? 1984, Farenheit 451, A Clockwork of Orange, Brave New World are all classic dystopia still read to this day.

And what about Hunger Games, Divergent...?
Quote:
if he wants a realistic story than he would also need to kill important chars, also kill touma,accel, etc.
Killing important characters is not necessarily realistic. If done recklessly, it's GRIMDARK for the sake of ''realism'' when it's really sadism.

Explain to me how, if ToAru was ''realistic'', the main components of ChessMaster Aleister, or even any of his Level 5s able to take out armies, would be left to die?
Quote:
this case is unique to toaru sicne their is no "evil" guy in this series
See above yourself.
Quote:
in real life: touma will tossed to the side, even if birdway, lessar, mikoto and index help him, they will be crushed, no happy end...
In real life, or in the 41st millenium?
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2014-03-31, 19:14   Link #2704
LG-MAX

I love Touma and I think the cheap tricks he uses really interesting, if has something that I love in the NT vol 3 is how the story points out in that vol he is getting smarter, and loved the way he fought the monsters in the NT vol 8, I do not want an all-powerful Touma, it is bland and banal, I want more fights Touma vs Aogami style, I found it tense.

Quote:
in real life: touma will tossed to the side, even if birdway, lessar, mikoto and index help him, they will be crushed, no happy end...
You can find most absurd things in real life than in the wildest of fictions, gets the hint.
Old 2014-03-31, 19:31   Link #2705
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
I love Touma and I think the cheap tricks he uses really interesting, if has something that I love in the NT vol 3 is how the story points out in that vol he is getting smarter, and loved the way he fought the monsters in the NT vol 8, I do not want an all-powerful Touma, it is bland and banal, I want more fights Touma vs Aogami style, I found it tense.

You can find most absurd things in real life than in the wildest of fictions, gets the hint.
I agree. That's what separates this series from every other dime-a-dozen shounen stories. Resourceful protagonists is a commodity.

Othinus was never evil. She was just like any other magician in terms of mentality, trying to accomplish her goal without regard for others. Let't try to separate morally wrong actions from malicious intent. The latter would make her evil, but she has never attempted to harm others just for the sake of hurting them. Hurting others was just a side effect of her actions that she didn't care about. In any case, all this is past and what matters is now that she no longer poses any sort of threat. The battle that is currently being fought is simply for the sake of law and punishment with her death.
Old 2014-03-31, 19:41   Link #2706
LG-MAX

Othinus was a God, all the crimes that were committed, were committed when she was a god, humans can not judge gods , fuck human morality/laws, Gods can do what they want.
Old 2014-03-31, 19:48   Link #2707
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Othinus was a God, all the crimes that were committed, were committed when she was a god, humans can not judge gods , fuck human morality/laws, Gods can do what they want.
Lawl

Boss Rush Incoming, Touma goes Bruce Lee on their asses, Touma and Othinus ride off into the sunset.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2014-03-31, 20:15   Link #2708
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
When in Human world, do as the Humans do. If she commited crimes as god, then ask to be forgiven by another god .

She is doomed anyway, no ill deed goes unpunished like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
I agree. That's what separates this series from every other dime-a-dozen shounen stories. Resourceful protagonists is a commodity.

Othinus was never evil. She was just like any other magician in terms of mentality, trying to accomplish her goal without regard for others. Let't try to separate morally wrong actions from malicious intent. The latter would make her evil, but she has never attempted to harm others just for the sake of hurting them. Hurting others was just a side effect of her actions that she didn't care about. In any case, all this is past and what matters is now that she no longer poses any sort of threat. The battle that is currently being fought is simply for the sake of law and punishment with her death.
Not necessarily her death.

Malicious intent? You mean she didn't do that on Touma? Or who knows who else? Ollerus at the time he lost his chance to become a magic god?

Collateral damage is punished in this society you know, even police officers are judged when they do that.
Old 2014-03-31, 20:17   Link #2709
Death Usagi
Banned

So Othinus has a high chance of dying?! D:
Old 2014-03-31, 20:21   Link #2710
Birdway
Banned

You don't say~☆!
Old 2014-03-31, 20:36   Link #2711
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
When in Human world, do as the Humans do. If she commited crimes as god, then ask to be forgiven by another god .

She is doomed anyway, no ill deed goes unpunished like that.

Not necessarily her death.

Malicious intent? You mean she didn't do that on Touma? Or who knows who else? Ollerus at the time he lost his chance to become a magic god?

Collateral damage is punished in this society you know, even police officers are judged when they do that.
No. She did that to Touma to drive him to commit suicide and trap IB. She took Ollerus' chance to become Majin to become one herself.

She has definitely broken the law and might very well have to be punished, but that alone does not make her evil.

LG-MAX is right in more ways than one. If you really consider things, she really has no reason to care for others. Think about it for a second. Othinus wielded power to remake the world in whatever ways she saw fit. She could remake people however she wanted. When you've actually seen such power at work, people cease to be people. They just become variables that possess no meaning whatsoever.

Last edited by BW95; 2014-03-31 at 20:49.
Old 2014-03-31, 20:45   Link #2712
Birdway
Banned

And the act itself (done by her hand) wasn't malicious, right~
Old 2014-03-31, 20:50   Link #2713
BW95
Banned

Quote:
And the act itself (done by her hand) wasn't malicious, right~
Malicious intent. She didn't hurt others for the sake of hurting them. She hurt them to realize her own goals. Wrong actions may make a bad person, but bad does not necessarily equate to evil.
Old 2014-03-31, 20:53   Link #2714
Birdway
Banned

Your description just makes it worse because what you said pretty much matches the description of a psycho(clinical profile), your defense isn't making it look better...
Old 2014-03-31, 21:12   Link #2715
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Your description just makes it worse because what you said pretty much matches the description of a psycho(clinical profile), your defense isn't making it look better...
Psycho's do what they do cause they like it. That's different.
Old 2014-03-31, 21:13   Link #2716
Birdway
Banned

Isn't about "cause they like" but "cause they want" and what they want is satisfy thei goal regardless if they treat person as means for that, no remorse, no empathy.
Old 2014-03-31, 22:55   Link #2717
desrtsku
Nympholept

This one discussion was from today right?
She won't die, people. She won't die. Touma is too unlucky for her to not survive and be another burden to his life.
That's the same reasoning behind why Kamachi had Itsuwa kill Tatemiya and sent her to prison.[/speculation] She made his standard of living substantially higher, thus she had to get eliminated for maximum Touma suffering.
Old 2014-03-31, 23:04   Link #2718
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
This one discussion was from today right?
She won't die, people. She won't die. Touma is too unlucky for her to not survive and be another burden to his life.
That's the same reasoning behind why Kamachi had Itsuwa kill Tatemiya and sent her to prison.[/speculation] She made his standard of living substantially higher, thus she had to get eliminated for maximum Touma suffering.
Lol at the Itsuwa thing...

I also want to see more of her.

But, regardless it would be just as bad for Touma if he didn't save someone after he had that trauma... it would make it even worse... because he would have gotten everyone else back and then lost her...
Old 2014-04-01, 00:43   Link #2719
Chosen_Hero

Quote:

He is a "normal" stubborn guy and it's great, I'm glad he is no Tatsuya, that would get boring fast.
Old 2014-04-01, 17:35   Link #2720
MShukyDeneuve

Well, not gonna lie, i still think Touma still the best main character and NT9 boosted up his "Tou-man" points for me. I really like his character, despite being weak(not overpowered) but still able to resolve any difficulty and win with taking a chance and battle analysing.
Tatsuya is good, but in TAMNI we already have Accelerator who easily bested him in "overpowered", cunning, cruel, etc. And accel have more charm than plain Tatsuya(understandable because Tatsuya's lose his ability to show any extreme emotions, but still....that is the point)
Closed Thread

Tags
novel predictions